Highschool || Camren ||

By Camrencola

Lauren Jauregui is Coastal Miami High's varsity girls basketball captain. She is a straight-A student who has... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
A/N
LAUREN
I'm done with life
A/N

Chapter 5

13.3K 375 83
By Camrencola

Camila's pov
---

I woke up late again as usual. Stupid alarm clock. After rushing to get ready, I make my way to the kitchen. Grabbing a banana, I take a seat and pull out the song I have to learn. I've memorized most of it, but practice makes perfect.

The drive to school was boring without Lauren there with me.

When I finally arrive, the bell rings, so I rush towards class. Walking in, I see a girl pinned up against the lockers by a guy. Gross. As I get closer I can make out the guy's voice, Brad Simpson, but I've yet to see the girl. I've hated Brad ever since he made a toss at Lauren in 8th grade and he's been relentless since then. Every time I see him I just want to put him in his place but I can't do that because Lauren isn't mine either.

To avoid the rest of that scene, I quickly make my way towards the art room so I can see Lauren.

When I walk in the first place I look is our table, but she isn't there. Frowning, I reluctantly take my seat. I keep my eyes glued to the door and I sigh in relief when she walks in right before the bell. My smile quickly falters when I notice her hair and clothes disheveled. "Lo everything okay?" I ask worried.

"I'm fine just drop it Camz." She says in a harsh tone, pulling out her work. I immediately turn back to my desk, mood worsening. She's never talked to me like that. What happened this morning? I decide not to press the issue at the moment; class goes on without us saying a word to one another and it kills me.

When we make our way out of the class, I pull Lauren to the side of the hallway. "Alright tell me what's going on."

"Camz it's nothing okay." She says trying to get away but I stop her.

"It is something." She sighs, I think I've won this.

"Brad made a pass this morning. I laughed in his face. Things got heated." I frown. "If it wasn't for the guys helping me I may not have gotten away."

Realization hits me. "That was you pinned against the lockers this morning." She looked at me shocked.

"Y-yeah how'd you know that?"

"I saw Brad when I was walking to class but I didn't see you, I just knew he had a girl pinned. I'm sorry Lo if I knew that was you I would've tried to help."

She smiled and chuckles a little. "It's okay and thanks. Let's get to class. Don't want to cut it close like last time." I smile and she grabs my hand. Oh my God. There's the electricity.

"Alright who's up first?" Mrs. Lopez, our music teacher, asks. Lauren's friend James volunteers. I basically tune everyone out, just clapping when their done. But when it's Lauren's turn, I perk up and pay close attention.

"Okay Lauren what's the name of your song?"

"Um it's called Picture This." Mrs. Lopez nods indicating for Lauren to start.

Picture this, first kiss in the moonlight
Slow dance, cover band playing all night
Meant to be, cool breeze feeling so right
Picture this, picture this
Picture this, holding hands on the boardwalk
Perfect date, out late, making small talk
Arcade, playing games you can win it all
Picture this, picture this

God I can picture all of this with Lauren.

When you look into your future
Who's there standing
With you when you close your eyes

Do you see what I see
You and me, it's like a movie scene
That's the way you know it should be
The two of us together, girl can you picture this
Girl can you picture this
The two of us together
Girl can you picture this

Top down, ride around all day long
Watching you rockin' out to your favorite song
Fall asleep on the beach with our shades on
Picture this, picture this

When you look into your future
Who's there standing
With you when you close your eyes

Do you see what I see
You and me, it's like a movie scene
That's the way you know it should be
The two of us together, girl can you picture this
Girl can you picture this
The two of us together
Girl can you picture this

When you look into your future
Who's there standing
With you when you close your eyes

Do you see what I see
You and me, it's like a movie scene
That's the way you know it should be
The two of us together, girl can you picture this
Girl can you picture this
The two of us together
Girl can you picture this

I am in awe as we all start cheering. Her voice is literally perfection and as she sang the song. I can't help but wish she was singing to me.

"Alright now will whoever wrote the song stand." Mrs. Lopez says. I turn and see her friend Carlos stand and another round of claps occur. "Alright Camila you're up." I nod and make my way up. "The name?"

"It's called Everlasting Love."

Always looking over my shoulder cause I don't ever wanna miss you
I been thinking about you daily
I can't wait to see your face
I don't even know you but I know that I can't wait to kiss you
Somehow I know when we finally lock eyes that you'll feel the same way

You're gonna be all I needed
You make me feel like a dream
Whoever you are
Baby, you are
The one I'm waiting for

You're my ever- everlasting love
My ever- everlasting love
And I'm never ever giving up til your laying next to me
I'm lookin' for that ever- everlasting love
Forever ever kind of touch
And I'll never ever get enough
Baby, we were meant to be

I lock eyes with Lauren as I sing. This may not be my song but it surely relates to my life.

Ain't no use in wastin' my time on just anybody, baby
I want exceptional, original someone I can't deny
I'm in love with you already I know it sounds crazy
But I hope you save all you got for me cause baby you're all mine

Everlasting love
Everlasting love
Everlasting love
My everlasting love

I don't even know your name
But I can't get you off my brain
Darling, I can hardly wait
Til I can get to know you
You'll be beautifully insane
Infinitely all for me
Promise you'll be glad you came
I can't wait to show you

Everlasting love
Everlasting love
Everlasting love
My everlasting love

I get a huge cheer and I can't help but crack a smile. I poured my heart into this song and I can't wait to know who wrote it.

It's just so relatable. All I can think about Lauren. The first time I saw her I had no idea who she was but I knew that I was captivated.

I walk off of the stage and wait for the teacher to hand me my grade. "Alright who wrote that song?" I face my classmates and my eyes widen when I see Lauren stand.

Lauren's pov
My heart is racing a million a minute. Camila just sang my song. It was so amazing, it sounds even better coming out of her mouth. I chuckle when I realize she was singing about herself, but she'd never know that.

When I stand up my face turns red as Camila grins at me. Luckily the bell rings a few minutes after and I rush out without even waiting on her. Why is it so hard for me to tell her how I feel?

-Skip to lunch-
I feel so bad for ditching Camila but it's honestly getting so hard to be around her as just friends.

Walking into the cafeteria I see Selena waving me over towards an open table. I point at myself wondering if I was the one she was wanting. She laughs and nods and I make my way over.

"Hey Lauren I wanted to talk to you remember?" She says as we take a seat.

"Yeah. Sorry I haven't had a lot of time." I say hoping she will buy my excuse because I just forgot.

"Ok well I was wondering if Justin likes me?" Oh crap she knows this is suppose to be a secret.

"Uhh what makes you think that?" I ask nervously not wanting to go behind Justin.

"Well I don't know I guess I just hoped." She avoids my eyes.

Did she just say what I think she said. "Whoa wait a minute do you like Justin?!" I say rather loudly causing Selena to shush me.

"This has to be our secret ok?"

"Of course. Now spill." I say a little jumpy.

"I've liked him for a while now but I don't think he likes me back." Selena gushes

"I know exactly how you feel." I say not noticing it slip out.

"You do?" She perks up.

"Yeah I do. I'm only telling you this because you trusted me with Justin so I feel I can trust you too." I pause and glance over to Camila who is staring us down. I smirk and look back.

"I've had this huge crush on Camila since 7th grade." Her jaw drops leaving me confused.

"You have got to be kidding me Lauren."

"What?" I asked watching her get up.

"You are truly blind." And she leaves me with that.

After standing alone for a moment, I make my way towards the guys who are starting to get up.

I stop at Justin, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Are you doing anything friday?" He looks at me confused.

"No. Why?"

"Great. Go ask Selena on a date." I say walking out of the cafeteria.

A/N
I had no idea where to end this so this cliff will have to work. I promise you Camren will happen in the next chapter because honestly I can't wait any longer

Picture This -> BTR
Everlasting Love -> 5H (but you guys should know that)
Later☆ -Mack

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327K 18.9K 72
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
420K 17.1K 61
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
611K 37.2K 101
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
129K 3.5K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...