More Than Human

By DA_CHEESE

One moment 13 year old Madeline was going for a hike with some of her friends, the next she woke up in a stra... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilouge
A/N

Chapter 30

1.4K 109 12
By DA_CHEESE

I screamed and dropped to the ground. Pieces of drywall, wood, concrete, and sharp metal rained down on us. Blood steamed down my back and legs. I couldn't see anything. I breathed in the dust and choked.

Soon I was buried.

Then, a horrible silence.

I coughed dust out of my lungs, breaking the silence. The pressure of the rubble piled on top of me made it hard to breathe. I fought to get to my hands and knees. I coughed again and tried to speak, but it came out as a croak.

Someone spoke- one of the V1s, I'm not sure who- but I couldn't make out the words.

I was going to die here. The realization sunk in and chilled me to the bone. I was going to die. I was going to suffocate, or be crushed, or just bleed out. Yay.

Then the pressure lessened. I could open my eyes. I could breathe easier.

I looked up and saw the rubble floating above my head. What? Was I doing that?

I tried to stand up but collapsed in pain from my shredded legs. Sharp metal is bad for your health.

The rubble kept floating higher and higher. I could see the others now. All of the rubble in the room floated up and out into upper levels. I looked up and could see the sky through the layers of destroyed ceiling.

I turned my attention back to the room I was in. Everyone else looked just as amazed as I was. Except for the person standing in the middle, shaking with invisible energy.

Katie.

That's when I realized that it wasn't me doing this- I had forgotten the limits of my powers- but it was Katie.

She was sacrificing herself to save us.

I felt a tingling where the metal and other debris had cut me. I turned to look at my legs and was shocked to see the cuts visibly heal themselves.

My eyes were wet with tears. My face was most likely red. I watched as Katie fell to the ground, dead from the effort of saving us.

Dead.

I heard helicopters in the distance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

868K 28.4K 40
. Three years. It had been three years since he'd been taken, experimented on, had his DNA altered and became a freak of nature. He knew be...
178 10 14
She isn't just any girl, no one really knows who she is, but everyone knows what she can do. Is she there or not, you can only tell by her glimmer. S...
3.6K 104 20
A boy finds an advertisement for an experiment. It doesn't say much but he's still curious and contacts the number. What will happen? What is the exp...
3.7K 355 46
(Completed)(Undergoing Editing) Abnormal: Deviating from what is normal or usual. Elena Sarcov: A 16 year-old girl, with a nose piercing, brown eyes...