Burned (Hate at First Flight...

By ehl_kayy_writes

Krystal Sanders has only two thoughts on her mind when she flies to New York for her interview for her dream... More

1. The Lambo Article
2. The Arrogant Adonis Hoot
3. The Cancellation
4. Swearing at Starbucks Gets You Glares
5. Holding a Burger Hostage
6. The Mafia Tour Guide
7. Goodbyes and Surprises
8. Dinner with the Demon Spawn
9. Two Can Play The Blackmail Game
10. Golf with Dylan Rush
11. Winner Takes All
13. Unexpected Reactions
14. The Extended Bathroom Break
15. Making a Deal with the Demon Spawn
16. Dylan Rush's Advice
17. Bittersweet Memories
18. Eavesdroppers and Suspicions
19. Reversed Chances
20. Discovering the Golden Ratio
21. Frost-like Atmosphere
22. Qualifications of a Kiss
23. Athena Burns
24. Slowly Understanding Douglas Burns
25. Breaking Down Walls
26. A Little Too Much Closure
27. Douglas Stanley Burns
28. Confusing Cowardice
29. Never Judge a Person by Their Playlist
30. Alexandra Hunt
31. Crowd Control Duty
32. How to Surf, Burns Style.
33. The Attention Seeking Boy and the Girl with Commitment Issues
34. Finding Out More About the Playboy
35. Hushed Conversations
36. Failed Bravados
37. How to Speak Evan Queens
38. Confessions of a Burger Thief
39. A Ghost of a Smile
40. Surrealism That Leaves One Silent
41. I Fell for the Idiot
42. He's My Century Old Whiskey
43. Memorable Last Words
44. Making Him Faint with An Almost Kiss
45. Falling for the Son of a Diner Owner's Daughter
Epilogue : I'll Always Be Here For You
Bonus Chapter (Douglas' POV)
FROSTED NOW UP!
One-Shot

12. Voting for Silence

36.1K 1.6K 153
By ehl_kayy_writes

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / PROMOTE / FOLLOW !

XOXO,
LOSALINI

•••||||•••

I simply nodded in reply to Will.

He stood up and celebrated like he just scored the last touchdown in the State Championships.

I looked over just as Evan rushed over and lifted me up, spinning me around.

"So, when can we expect little Wills and Krystals running around?" He asked as he placed me on my feet again.

Chuckling I hit him on the chest. "Get your mind out the gutter."

He wiggled his eyebrows. "There's nothing dirty about love baby."

"So what's your wish?" I asked Will.

He looked me up and down before walking towards me.

Suddenly I felt self-conscious around him. I wasn't supposed to given I already knew him a little bit, but this Will standing in front of me was totally new to me. He wasn't the same Will I had met in New York, although he acted like him sometimes, but he was a new specimen altogether. He leaned into me. His face inches from mine. "I'll tell you later."

"Wait, what?" I asked confused. Why didn't he just tell me now?

"Now's not the time," he replied as he nodded towards where Douglas was last. Only he wasn't there.

I turned around, searching for him.

"Seems like your ward has made his escape," Will said as he pointed to the door leading to the carpark.

That shameless, no-good, lying ass!

With a simple wave in their direction, I rushed to the exit, hoping to catch up with him.

As soon as I exited the door, I looked to where his car had been parked. It was still there.

I pulled out my phone, dialing his number instantly. When I get my hands on him, he will wish he was never-

"Yeah?" Surprisingly, he had answered on the fourth ring.

"I hope you have a good reason for disappearing like that, or I'm calling your father right now!" I screamed into the phone as I paced the front of the building.

What was Mr Burns going to do to me when he found out I lost his son, and on the first day?

"I can't see how that's even possible. You are calling me right now, so how can you call my father right now?" He chuckled at his own joke.

"I meant after this. Now why did you leave?"

Fire me? Get me blacklisted from anywhere I was thinking of applying to?

"I had to use the facilities, you buffoon."

Wait, what? The toilet? My face instantly reddened in embarrassment. He had just gone to the toilet.

"Oh, now you're embarrassed." I could hear his loud guffaws of laughter.

If possible, my face reddened even more.

"If you're done flirting with my cousin and drooling over Dylan, let's go," he said and suddenly I could hear his car alarm go off as it unlocked.

Suddenly he walked past me and towards his car.

Had he been behind me the whole time?

"Get in, Krystal, or you're walking home," he said as he got into the car.

Embarrassed, I followed after him and got in too.

* * *

The silence in the car was deafening as Douglas hit 80 in a 60 zone.

I played around with the buckle of my bag aimlessly as I watched the passing buildings. They were simply blurring together as the engine revved some more causing the car to accelerate even more down the empty highway.

I felt my stomach tighten as I held on tight. My entire body tensed.

I had never really had a fear of speed but when you're stuck in a sports car with a lunatic who had a record of crashing sports car every other day, you tend to fear for your life. I looked over at the speedometer. 80mph.

What the hell? Was he trying to kill us? Or was he suddenly getting tired of this car too that he planned to smash it up for easier disposal?

"Slow down," I begged as I stared at the road ahead, hoping there was no accident causing materials up ahead or even god forbid a 7/11. He seemed to have a tendency to crash into those. "Please." I added soon after. That word had a higher chance of getting you want you wanted, right?

Douglas chuckled. "What? Scared?"

Was it just me or did he seem to press on the accelerator even more?

I didn't reply back, my fingers wrapping themselves around the seatbelt, and hoping desperately that the airbag would deploy if something bad happened.

"You are scared," he said, clearly amused.

I looked over him and glared,or tried to at least. I must have resembled a cornered chicken. "Obviously you raging lunatic!" I stared at the road again, silently praying that we would not end up as a road accident statistic today, if ever.

I felt him looking at me, probably about ready to throw insults, but he didn't. I looked over at him, confused.

His jaw clenched as his fingers clung tightly around the steering wheel.

Then gradually, I felt the car slow down. I looked at the speedometer again.

80. 75. 70. 65. 60mph

My once rapidly pounding heart was returning back to its normal pace.

"T-thanks," I muttered under my breath as my muscles relaxed.

The car was silent for what felt like hours before he said, "I'm sorry. I always drive like that."

I didn't say anything. After all he had slowed down. The only response I had to his statement was 'You're an idiot who doesn't care about anyone else's life except your own!'

Yeah that was definitely not gonna go over good. That might even lead to him ramping up his speed again.

Instead, I voted to stay quiet the rest of the ride home.

* * *

I was seriously debating whether to go in the next day. At least I was until Nancy made the decision for me when she walked into my room, saw I was still tugging on the blanket and shoved me off my bed, literally.

"Get your lazy ass up," she said before she pulled the blinds open, welcoming the harsh sunlight in.

I hate summer now.

"Get up! Get up! Get up! It's already eight thirty!" She shouted before she left the room already dressed for work.

Instantly I was up! Eight thirty? Shit! I was going to be late again.

I ran into the bathroom and freshened up immediately.

Within fifteen minutes I was ready and out of the house with a farewell to my sanity and Nancy as I pulled the door close behind me.

This time, I opted to go to Starbucks myself and buy Americanos to ease any tantrums Mr Stuck-Up would throw at me. I was already picturing the scowl and lecture he'd give me.

I was at the house in less than twenty minutes, knocking on the door as I tried to replenish my air supply.

"Where's Douglas?" I asked the Alfred lookalike I had come to know as Mr Quincy when he greeted me.

"He's still asleep, dearie," he replied as he grabbed the newspaper on the table and headed down towards the right hallway. "Come grab something while you wait for him."

He was still asleep? And here I was, sacrificing my sleep to get here early? And he was still asleep? I even bought Americano for him!

Nodding, I followed after Mr Quincy down the right hallway. After going down endless hallways, making random turns, we entered what looked like your average kitchen but definitely on a bigger, better scale.

There was even a chef and everything behind the counter, chopping up fruits, frying bacon and baking something. I could smell the strong fragrance of imported coffee beans being grinded mixed in with the mouthwatering burned bacon strips on the fire.

So this was the rich life.

I stood there awkwardly for some time before Mr Quincy gestures to me to take a sit at one of the highchairs by the counter.

I placed the now average looking Americano on the counter before I took a sit.

My stomach involuntarily grumbled as the smell of the bacon sizzling on the stove hit me. Okay, maybe I had just chewed on an energy bar on my way here and was quite literally starving, so you couldn't really blame my stomach, right?

"Here you go," the chef said as he placed a plate with bacon, a sausage, a muffin, an egg sunny side up and an orange on it in front of me. "Eat before you faint, sweetheart." Then he paced a mug next to the plate, pouring coffee into it as I stared in awe at the black liquid that was too good to be true. Then the chef gave me a fatherly smile before he turned back and went back to cooking.

"I-uh..."

"Eat up, dearie," Mr Quincy said, giving me a look that told me to not even try to argue with him before he disappeared out of the kitchen, humming Billie Jeans.

That settled it then, I picked up a fork and just before I picked up a bacon strip, it disappeared.

"Thanks, beautiful," Will said before he kissed my cheek and ate the bacon strip that was supposed to be mine.

Of course he'd be here.

"What the hell? First my burger now you're stealing my bacon."

He stuck out a tongue. "Technically, I didn't successfully steal your burger and its my bacon as you are in my house." He smirked as he grabbed a slice of orange.

I stuck a tongue at him too. "But I got up too early this morning to come here and didn't have breakfast."

"You're talking like there isn't enough food on that plate."

"But I wanted that bacon."

"It was delicious."

I scrunched up my face before I turned back to the plate and began to dig in before he beat me to it.

"So how did you meet Dougie?" Will asked as he sat on the stool beside me, chewing an apple.

Dougie? Mr Intimidating-and-Demanding's nickname was Dougie?

"He's the asshole that got me fired in New York," I whispered, hoping the chef didn't hear me. Maybe they like Douglas and his asshole ways.

Will's eyes held amusement. "So you're the girl that threatened him on the plane?" He chewed on a grape.

"I did not threaten him!"

He chuckled. "Relax. Don't wanna wake up the beast." He pointed to the ceiling, most probably Douglas's room.

I smiled as I nodded. "Yeah, fine. I'm the girl from the plane."

"He overreacted."

I nodded. "Obviously."

"So, what exactly do you do for my cousin?" Will asked as he grabbed the sausage from my plate and started chewing on it.

"I just follow him everywhere, I guess."

"Well, that's no fun. When do we hang out then?"

I studied him. He wanted to hang out?

"Come on. We just happen to meet again and you don't plan to hang out with me anymore. Is this because I didn't keep my promise?"

"No. It's just-"

"It's settled then. Let's go to the water park on Saturday."

"I have to follow Douglas on Saturday."

"He'll be home all day watching the game. And Evan and Dylan will be over so we'll get them to keep tabs on him and let us know if something happened. Okay?"

"But-"

"Saturday, it is then," he said as he got off his chair and smiled down at me, grabbing an Americano. "Now I gotta go put on a shirt." Then he turned around and walked out of the room.

How had I not noticed him shirtless? I wondered as I watched him muscular back disappear as he turned the corner. Maybe I was just that hungry. I returned to finishing off the muffin on my plate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

434K 12.7K 40
His words had me heated. As he spoke he made it sexy, and it turned me on. He was right about the pull towards us. The sex between us worked...and it...
460K 18.3K 62
When Athena and Tobias' family arranged for the two to get married, nothing but hell broke loose. They knew nothing about one another, except they bo...
92.3K 1.4K 15
He brought his hands up and tucked my hair behind my ear. coming closer to my ear "Do i arouse you?" he whispered, making my knees weak "I can feel...
1.1M 42.7K 42
Vanessa: There's nothing I hate in this world more than I do Aaron Sinclair. Hate is the only word for it. It's not dislike, it's not envy. It's res...