Burned (Hate at First Flight...

By ehl_kayy_writes

Krystal Sanders has only two thoughts on her mind when she flies to New York for her interview for her dream... More

1. The Lambo Article
2. The Arrogant Adonis Hoot
3. The Cancellation
4. Swearing at Starbucks Gets You Glares
5. Holding a Burger Hostage
6. The Mafia Tour Guide
7. Goodbyes and Surprises
8. Dinner with the Demon Spawn
9. Two Can Play The Blackmail Game
10. Golf with Dylan Rush
12. Voting for Silence
13. Unexpected Reactions
14. The Extended Bathroom Break
15. Making a Deal with the Demon Spawn
16. Dylan Rush's Advice
17. Bittersweet Memories
18. Eavesdroppers and Suspicions
19. Reversed Chances
20. Discovering the Golden Ratio
21. Frost-like Atmosphere
22. Qualifications of a Kiss
23. Athena Burns
24. Slowly Understanding Douglas Burns
25. Breaking Down Walls
26. A Little Too Much Closure
27. Douglas Stanley Burns
28. Confusing Cowardice
29. Never Judge a Person by Their Playlist
30. Alexandra Hunt
31. Crowd Control Duty
32. How to Surf, Burns Style.
33. The Attention Seeking Boy and the Girl with Commitment Issues
34. Finding Out More About the Playboy
35. Hushed Conversations
36. Failed Bravados
37. How to Speak Evan Queens
38. Confessions of a Burger Thief
39. A Ghost of a Smile
40. Surrealism That Leaves One Silent
41. I Fell for the Idiot
42. He's My Century Old Whiskey
43. Memorable Last Words
44. Making Him Faint with An Almost Kiss
45. Falling for the Son of a Diner Owner's Daughter
Epilogue : I'll Always Be Here For You
Bonus Chapter (Douglas' POV)
FROSTED NOW UP!
One-Shot

11. Winner Takes All

33.9K 1.7K 96
By ehl_kayy_writes

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / PROMOTE / FOLLOW !

XOXO,
LOSALINI

P.S : If some of you are confused on who Dylan Rush is, please check out book 1 of the Hate at First Flights series entitled 'Rushed' regarding his story :)

•••||||•••

Like any other person whose life was turning into a soap opera too much in the span of five days, I did the only reasonable thing I could do as I stared at Will Davis.

Did I scream?

No. Then I would look like a crazy person in front of Dylan Rush.

Did I faint from shock?

No. Then my ward aka Douglas Burns would run away, leave me behind and I'd lose my job even before the first day ended.

Did I keep my mouth shut?

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner.

I was calm, cool and collected. The three C's.

Why?

Two reasons. One, I expected that Will had a reasonable explanation as to why he resembled a hobo the last time we met as opposed to why he resembled a rich family's son now. Two, I was not feeling that welcoming, considering that I was still feeling down about him breaking his promise in New York.

So, when everyone else went up to greet Will with a hug or a shoulder pat, I stood rooted where I was with a neutral expression.

After they had their form of celebration whereby Evan sang his rendition of 'Coming Home', Will's eyes darted to me.

A mixture of a hopeful yet regretful expression appeared on his face. Thankfully no one else noticed as their eyes landed on me when they realized they forgot to introduce me.

Evan dragged Will behind him towards me. "Will, my man, I want to introduce you to this beautiful young lady," he gave me a playful wink, "Krystal. But I call her Krys."

Will nodded. Looked like he was going along with my indifferent plan without knowing so.

"Krys, may I introduce Will Davis, Douglas's"

"Cousin," Douglas intercepted as he came up from behind them and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I tried to shrug off his hand but he tightened his grip. "The one that would supposedly receive my shares if I don't go along with this insane plan dad put together."

Oh, so he's that cousin! Seriously, how small can the world get!

Will chuckled. "Uncle Seb came up with another outrageous scheme to keep you in line again?" He asked as he looked at his cousin with him our in his eyes.

Douglas glared at him. "Don't you even start," he snapped although his glare couldn't hide that he also found this hilarious. "If you weren't so darn perfect, I wouldn't be in trouble that much."

Will smiled as he also wrapped an arm around Douglas's shoulder. "I just don't see him that much that he finds me infuriating. Trust me I can be annoying too."

I scoffed at that. Yeah, like stealing someone's burger.

Douglas looked up at me, arching a brow. "Got something to say, buffoon?"

My eyes instantly hooded in a glare. "Just that you two don't look the least alike."

Will smirked. "I'll take that as a compliment then."

"Me too," Douglas agreed. "How can you even compare this," he highlighted his entire well built body, " to that," he pointed to Will's impressive yet less built body when compared to his.

"Are we putting on a modelling contest or are we going to play some golf today?" Dylan called out after the two of them started fighting over who was better.

"Fine!"

The team was then decided. 

According to Dylan who chose to explain to me the hierarchy of such a decision, the two aces at golf were Douglas and Will and if they were to be in the same team, undeniably they would win. But in order to even out the contest they were to be separated, plus it put on a more entertaining show.

So in the end, Douglas and Evan were placed together while Will and Dylan were paired up.

Even with Dylan in their team, I would have still rooted for them given Douglas was in the other team.

As soon as the game started, everyone got the ball in at the first hole. That the second hole, everyone but Dylan got it in in one try. From the fifth hole onward, Douglas and Will were at each others throat with two tries to get the ball into the hole.

Forty minutes into the game, Evan and Dylan bowed out, opting to be bystanders like me as the two cousins battled it out.

Douglas looked like he was born and bred on the golf course, his body knowing what to do. The golf club was almost an extension of his arm.

Will, on the other hand had undeniable skill and technique that would have taken anyone years to master. The way he held the golf club just mesmerized the audience. The firm determination in his expression, the way he struck the ball at the same angle that aided in lessening the wind resistance.

Of course, I didn't know any of this. Evan had decided to give me a play by play commentary of their strengths and weakness.

Douglas's weakness was that he didn't like losing. He was too proud that all he thought about was winning and not enjoying the game.

Will's weakness is that all he did was play the game. He did everything for fun, not caring about the results.

"Who are you rooting for?" Evan asked me as they came up to the last hole.

I merely shrugged.

"Oh come on. Don't be so modest about it. Who are you rooting for?"

By this time, everyone, including Will and Douglas's eyes were on me.

I faced Douglas, smirking. "Will, of course."

"Woooooooh," Evan sang before making kissing noises. "Will's stolen her heart already."

My face instantly reddened when I saw Will smile at me before shooting me a wink.

He got the ball in in four tries.

Now it was Douglas's turn.

He walked up to the mount, placed the ball and stood up, breathing in and out, just as he had taught me. He placed the club flush against the ball, swung it back and hit.

With that one hit he had close the distance between the mount and the hole in half. All he needed was two more shots for the ball to go in and he would have won.

He hit the ball again.

Everyone was on the edge of their seats. The ball was now only ten inches from the hole and everyone already expected him to win. Nonetheless I still crossed my fingers together, hoping for a no-shot. This was much more nerve-wracking than the Olympics

He walked up to the ball, did his same routine and just before he hit the ball, he cast a look at me. He swung his club back and hit the ball.

I held my breath as the ball rolled, and rolled and rolled...past the hole and stopped five centimeters from it.

The screams that erupted soon after nearly blew my eardrums apart.

"What do you want?" Douglas asked Will ten minutes later as he wiped down his sweat with a cotton embroidered towel.

Will smiled. "I don't want you to grant me a wish."

"What?" Evan asked, confused.

"I want her to," Will elaborated as he turned to face me, looking intently in my eyes. My face instantly flushed red as all four boys eyes focused on me.

"Ooooh," Evan wiggled his brows suggestively. "Our little Will's turned to the dark side."

"Just seven months separates us and you guys treat me like a kid," he complained.

"Just shut up and propose already!" Evan chastised.

Will smiled as he faced me, standing up from his chair across from me and walking to my side before getting on his knees. "Will you grant me my wish?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4M 223K 75
Hate at first sight, revenge at next and then comes total chaos! ∆∆∆ "The ones you love the most have the power to hurt you the most." Vanessa Cather...
434K 12.7K 40
His words had me heated. As he spoke he made it sexy, and it turned me on. He was right about the pull towards us. The sex between us worked...and it...
270K 7.5K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
397K 7.5K 44
***Completed*** *Mature Content Warning* TW: Car accident, Depression, sexual content His touch made me shiver as I couldn't take my eyes off of his...