All For Us (Book 2)

By QueenKlarity

(COMPLETED) The characters and events portrayed in this book are fictitious. Any similarity to real persons... More

Forreal? (Part 2)- Chapter 4
All For Us (Book 2)
Quality Time- Chapter 2
Forreal? - Chapter 3
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions- Chapter 5
Mixed Emotions- Chapter 6
Overwhelming (Part One)- Chapter 7
We Meet Again- Chapter 8
Bitch, Is You Serious? - Chapter 9
The Little Ones - Chapter 9
Extra- Chapter 11
New Edition- Chapter 12
Secrets - Chapter 13
Down Low - Chapter 14
Chaos - Chapter 15
Big Moves - Chapter 16
Soul Ties - Chapter 17
Outside The Box- Chapter 18
Logical Emotions - Chapter 19
Release [pt. 1] - Chapter 20
Golden Girls - Chapter 21
Ladies Night- Chapter 22
Release [pt. 2]- Chapter 23

Reassurance- Chapter 10

5.6K 213 19
By QueenKlarity

I woke up at 6am, just because. I hopped in the shower, put some leggings and a crewneck sweater on, and fetched my socks from my walk in closet. I then looked at my marble desk about 10 feet away from where I was, and I noticed my purple HP laptop. I squealed and almost jumped towards my desk in an instant. I opened the laptop immediately, and started checking my emails and started surfing the web. I didn't even know Carter put this in here. After the office incident with Breanna, we returned to the salon and I started destroying my office in a fit of rage. I smashed my laptop into pieces, but Carter replaced it with a better one. He's literally the best husband ever.

I went on Gmail and started to check my emails, when a certain email caught my eye. It was one from a man named David Ali, and he was a fitness coach. I clicked on it immediately, I had been looking for a fitness coach ever since I got pregnant with Caden. But with all of the moving we were doing, I couldn't make time for one. Now, I had all the time in the world.

I replied back to his email, taking his number down so I could call him later on. I then proceeded to check my other emails and surf YouTube until it was time for the kids to get ready for school.

*
*
*

"Rise and grind, mommy's princes and Princess!" I shouted down the hall. I heard groaning coming from all of their rooms, and I laughed evilly. I went back into the master bedroom to see my beautiful husband sleeping like a baby. I sat down next to his body and I started to kiss him all over his neck, and I could feel his member standing to attention. He opened his eyes, and they were dark, but attentive.

"Goodmorning, King." I smiled and kissed him again.

He blinked at me, but didn't say anything. I raised an eyebrow at him, then he smiled at me as his eyes went back to that honey brown color that I loved so much.

"Thats so scary."

"What?"

"Your eyes changing colors. When you're mad, irritated, sleepy, or working out, they turn to like a bergundy color. But when you're neutral, they're honey brown."

"I know, that's been going on since I was a baby. But all I gotta do is blink and regain some composure and they go right back." he said while stretching.

"Yeah, I've noticed. Its still scary though. Because it happens when we have sex too." I smirked. He chuckled and stared at me for about 10 seconds before getting up to go to the bathroom.

"What was that about?" I popped up and I followed him. He smirked and pulled out his member, standing in front of the toilet. I just stared, and for a really long time too.

"Damnit Lanay, now I can't even pee." he complained. I laughed, but I was still staring. He noticed me staring, then he stared at me. We made eye contact, but I looked away, blushing. We only had an hour and a half to get the kids out of the house and from the way I was feeling and the way he was looking, I was gonna use all of that time. My kids were more important than how we were feeling right now.

"Imma go get the kids ready, babe." I said softly.

"Okay love, Imma take a quick shower and then I'll go whip up some breakfast. He said, finally peeing. I nodded and left the room.

I got to the twins' room and they were already getting dressed. My big boys. I set out their chains and watches, then I left to go check on Kaden since he was the next room over. I peeked in and he was dressed, watching Teen Titans Go while sitting on his freshly made up bed. I silently thanked God, and I set out his jewelry as well.

"Mommyyyy, dadddyyy!!" Camille shrieked. I damn near sprinted towards her room and I heard Carter turn the shower off.

When I finally made it down the hall, I saw her sitting down on her bed shaking.

"Mommy, I'm bleeding!" she started crying. I looked at her bed and saw a big blood stain on her blanket and I stood in shock. I never got a chance to tell her about her period because I didn't think it would come so soon. She knew what a period was and she knew that every woman had one, but she was still shooken because she wasn't aware that it would happen to her so soon, neither was I.

"Whats the problem?" Carter came down to her room in full daddy mode with a wife beater and basketball shorts.

"She got her period." I whispered. His eyes widened and it seemed as though he stopped breathing.

"Baby snap out of it, take the covers and sheets off her bed and get some peroxide. Pour some peroxide on the blood stain, then put it in the washer. I'll get her cleaned up while I talk to her." he nodded and clumsily got her covers off her bed and did exactly what I told him to do.

I sat down on the bed next to her and closed her door. She looked up at me with glossy eyes. "Is this my period?" she asked.

"Yes baby, it is. You're turning into a woman now." she held the bottom of her stomach and whimpered.

"Those are your menstrual cramps, remember I told you about those baby?" I rubbed her back and talked to her softly. She nodded as I went over everything that I've told her already and she calmed down. She got undressed and went to take a shower while I gave Carter her pjs to pour peroxide on after I set out some casual clothes for her today with a pad already inside of her underwear.

He was in the laundry room with his head down and a cup of Oj next to him.

"You okay baby?" I asked him as I rubbed his back. He nodded 'yes' and I kissed him on the back of his neck.

"She's becoming a woman, Lanay. How didn't I see it coming?" he looked up at me with a tear rolling down his face. "I feel like I missed out on so much. Like, these past five years I haven't been close to my first child. She already turned 11 last week and I almost missed her birthday. I've been missing cheerleading competition, dance recitals, all that. I feel like a fucking deadbeat. My oldest daughter is becoming a woman, man." I opened my arms for him and he laid his head on my chest as I held him.

"The only thing you can do right now is be there for her from now on. And if you want me to, I can step out of the way and let you two bond like y'all did before I stepped in-"

"What? You're her mother, you're my wife. You don't have to step down for any reason at all. You aren't stopping me from being a father, baby. This is all my fault, so allow me to make shit right. You keep being an amazing woman. She needs you and so do I." he interrupted me. I nodded and kissed his forehead.

"When she gets dressed, go have a talk with her. Im gonna go get the boys going. Did they eat breakfast?" I inquired.

"They're eating now. But, give me a sec. My stomach hurts." he complained.

"I guess your period finna come on too baby." I laughed as he glared at me, about to laugh too. I kissed him again & went upstairs to get the boys out to school.

*
*
*

Carter's POV

I rubbed my sweaty palms on the towel next to my head and threw it in the dirty clothes hamper. I had no idea what to say to Camille, but I was gonna put my pride aside to reassure my princess that her daddy has her back. Though Lanay and the kids look at me as the greatest father, husband, and man in the world, I see room for improvement. No matter what, I'll always feel like I'm not doing enough. But, Lanay was right- the only thing I could do is be there for them right now.

I walked upstairs reciting my words and collecting my thoughts, mindlessly walking past the dining room where Lanay & the boys were. I walked up to Camille's room and knocked on her door, respecting her privacy.

"Coming." she murmured. She sounded as if she was in alot of pain. My poor baby girl.

She opened the door and I was mesmerized. My little baby girl was no longer little. She had grown so much. She was 5'1' now, I remember when she was only about 2 feet. She still had her delicate features and those sweet Brown eyes that brought me back to when she was first born everytime I looked into them.

"Daddy?" She spoke, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"May I come in?" I asked. She nodded and walked away from the door.

"How do you feel?"

"I'm getting cramps right now. It hurts so bad." she whimpered. I hated seeing her in pain, but I couldn't do anything about it honestly.

"I'm sorry to hear that baby. But, listen. You know I love you right?" she giggled at me and nodded yes.

"You know I'll protect you from any & everything right?" she nodded again.

"I apologize for not spending as much time with you as I should've, Princess. Your dad has been working so hard to make sure that you, your mommy, and your brothers have everything y'all want and need. But, nomore excuses. Starting today, we can have as much Camille time as you want us to."

"But I have school, daddy."

"Not today."

"Really?" she squealed. "Thank you so much, dad!" she hugged me as tight as she could, and I took her into my arms for what seemed like forever.

"Daddy, you're crushing me." she groaned. We laughed and I let her go. She kissed me on my cheek and layed down on her fresh sheets. I kissed her on her forehead and walked out of her room, closing the door behind me.

"Lanay?" I called downstairs.

"In heeere." she answered back from the dining room. Soon after she answered me, out ran the boys.

"Goodmorning pops." all three of them greeted me, standing proudly. I raised an eyebrow at them, grinning. They were growing up too. Wow, my kids were sprouting.

My wife walked out of the dining room with stacked dishes in each of her hands, handling them as if she wasnt a couple weeks away from her third trimester. And she looked beautiful doing it.

"Boys, lets go help mommy with the dishes." the 4 of us walked to the kitchen, and the boys started taking dishes off her hands.

"Hey," she whined.

"We're helping baby,"

"I appreciate it, but I don't need help. I got it."

"You're always working your ass off Lanay. Just relax-"

"I'm supposed to. I don't need you to take care of me." she crossed her arms.

"Excuse me? You're my wife. My pregnant wife at that." she rolled her eyes.

"I can take care of myself." she said through clenched teeth.

"I know that. But you have to allow me to take care of you too." I caressed her soft arms and kissed her on the back of her hand. She nodded and sat down at the island while the Boys and I washed the dishes.

"Would you like something to drink, your highness?" she giggled as I bowed in front of her.

"Apple juice would be just fine, Carter."

The boys passed me a wine glass and I filled it with Apple juice. I grabbed her special plate of fruit that I made especially for her out of the fridge and gently slid it in front of her.

"Ooooo, my favorites. Thank you baby." she exclaimed.

I finished cleaning the kitchen up with the Boys and slid five dollars each in their pockets.

"What's this for, Dad?" Caden asked as Kyree and Cameron boasted about what they were gonna buy with the money.

"Keep helping out around the house, and its more where that came from. Now, go pick a truck so I can take yall to school." they all high fived me, and ran outside to one of my trucks. I grabbed my keys and walked back into the kitchen to see Lanay still eating her fruit and watching YouTube videos on her phone.

"I'll be right back baby. Imma go take the Boys to school and pick up a few things."

"What about Cammy?"

"Oh yeah, I told her she could stay home today. The three of us could hang out. Ya know, to take her mind off of her period for a couple of hours. I can tell she's still a little traumatized." I explained, slipping on my old Kallamore University hoodie and some Nike slides.

"You're amazing, King." she smiled at me, reaching up to kiss me on the corner of my mouth. Her chinky eyes twinkled and her big curly hair swayed as she moved her body to reach me.

I walked out of the kitchen with the biggest smile on my face. It felt good to make my family happy. To see smiles on my kids' faces and to hear those words from my wife meant everything to me. These little things are the things that I was aiming for. A couple of weeks ago, I was on the verge of losing everything. It wasn't intentional, but things happened and I couldn't blame anyone but myself. The fate of my marriage and my family was on thin ice, but now, there was nothing but pure bliss in my household.

*
*
*

After I dropped the boys off, I drove over to Lamar and Renee's house. I haven't seen my brother in weeks now, but it was all for a reason. Renee had been telling me that he had been a little distraught lately, and they were working on getting him back on track. I was in my own little world too.

I pulled up to their 4-story beautiful home, and I parked parallel to it. As I was walking up, out came Renee.

"Hey brotherrrrr!" she squealed, opening her arms as I slammed my truck door open.

"Hey little sis," I hugged her. "Long time no see, huh?"

"Yes, oh my gosh I miss you guys so muchhh." she dragged, leading me into the house.

"Neè, who 'dat?" Lamar asked walking down the steps.

"Wassup Mar?" I greeted him.

"Ayeee, wassup bro?!" his hype ass.

"Bruh, I aint seen yo boujie ass in years. How you been, nigga?" Lamar over dramatic ass asked.

"I been good, you?"

"Better than ever. How is my little sister and y'all Baldhead ass kids?" he asked, making me laugh. I missed his goofy ass.

"They good too, Mar." I replied in the mist of my laugh.

"I'll leave you two alone." Renee announced, shaking her head smiling. "Mar Mar, I gotta go to work baby." Renee told him, kissing him on the cheek.

"Ight, sexy. I'll see you later. Don't forget our plans." he winked at her, making her giggle.

"Ew." I looked in disgust as Renee fluttered out the door laughing.

"So what's up bro?" Lamar sat back in his chair with a serious look.

"Lately, everything has been going wonderfully. We're having a baby girl, the kids are doing great, and so is our marriage. This morning, Camille even got her period man."

"What?! She's like 5!" Lamar damn near hopped out of his seat.

"Thats how Im feeling. But Mar, she's growing up right in front of me. All of them are." he looked at me with admiration.

"On some real shit Carter, you inspire me to be a better man. You're a good father to my niece & nephews, and I know you make Lanay happy. I've never seen her glow so much. I'm happy to have you as my brother in law, and as my friend, C. Keep it up, real shit."

"I appreciate that, honestly." I thanked him. Before the conversation could go any further, my phone rang.

"Yes baby?"

"Where are you?" Lanay whined.

"Im at Lamar's house, whats the matter?"

"You didn't tell me you were going to see Lamarrr, I miss my brotherrrr," she started crying. Uh oh, hormones.

"Im so sorry baby, that didn't even cross my mind." I handed Lamar the phone in an instant and they started to speak in Patois. I sat back and listened in, but I could only catch a few words until he handed me the phone back.

"I think you should get going. Shes a little overwhelmed." he whispered. I nodded, dabbed him, and jogged back out to my car with my phone up to my ear.

"Mi ah go upstairs. You asshole. Don't badda mi, eh?" she exclaimed, hanging up. Sheesh, I commented under my breath. Those hormones were definitely taking a toll on her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

467K 16.7K 192
Won Yoo-ha, a trainee unfairly deprived of the opportunity to appear on a survival program scheduled to hit the jackpot, became a failure of an idol...
1.1M 36.4K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...
812K 27.2K 31
King isn't your average 25 year old. He happens to be the man in charge. Being the biggest drug lord in Louisiana puts him in a category of his own...
Riches To Rags By Vic

General Fiction

60.3K 3.3K 19
© Copyright 2014 All Rights Reserved. Everything she ever wanted was presented to her on a silver platter. From Giuseppe Zanotti heels to Alexander M...