Burned (Hate at First Flight...

By ehl_kayy_writes

Krystal Sanders has only two thoughts on her mind when she flies to New York for her interview for her dream... More

1. The Lambo Article
2. The Arrogant Adonis Hoot
3. The Cancellation
4. Swearing at Starbucks Gets You Glares
5. Holding a Burger Hostage
6. The Mafia Tour Guide
7. Goodbyes and Surprises
8. Dinner with the Demon Spawn
9. Two Can Play The Blackmail Game
11. Winner Takes All
12. Voting for Silence
13. Unexpected Reactions
14. The Extended Bathroom Break
15. Making a Deal with the Demon Spawn
16. Dylan Rush's Advice
17. Bittersweet Memories
18. Eavesdroppers and Suspicions
19. Reversed Chances
20. Discovering the Golden Ratio
21. Frost-like Atmosphere
22. Qualifications of a Kiss
23. Athena Burns
24. Slowly Understanding Douglas Burns
25. Breaking Down Walls
26. A Little Too Much Closure
27. Douglas Stanley Burns
28. Confusing Cowardice
29. Never Judge a Person by Their Playlist
30. Alexandra Hunt
31. Crowd Control Duty
32. How to Surf, Burns Style.
33. The Attention Seeking Boy and the Girl with Commitment Issues
34. Finding Out More About the Playboy
35. Hushed Conversations
36. Failed Bravados
37. How to Speak Evan Queens
38. Confessions of a Burger Thief
39. A Ghost of a Smile
40. Surrealism That Leaves One Silent
41. I Fell for the Idiot
42. He's My Century Old Whiskey
43. Memorable Last Words
44. Making Him Faint with An Almost Kiss
45. Falling for the Son of a Diner Owner's Daughter
Epilogue : I'll Always Be Here For You
Bonus Chapter (Douglas' POV)
FROSTED NOW UP!
One-Shot

10. Golf with Dylan Rush

38.9K 1.8K 342
By ehl_kayy_writes

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / PROMOTE / FOLLOW !

XOXO,
LOSALINI

P.S : If some of you are confused on who Dylan Rush is, please check out book 1 of the Hate at First Flights series entitled 'Rushed' regarding his story :)

•••||||•••

Why was it that the number one requirement for girls nowadays was wealth?

Really. The reason escaped me.

Yeah, I thought as I followed after Douglas who again went back to ignoring me. I couldn't help but stare at his back physique. They were good looking enough. They had enough money to keep you happy financially. But if all of them was as much of an ass as him, I'd take being with someone I can stand, renting at an apartment building any day to living in a mansion with someone like him.

But then again, that was some good looking backside!

I shook myself out of my thought. With that attitude, it was like trying to kiss a cobra!

Douglas led us out of the building, to the terrace that overlooked the huge expanse of green land.

At one of the many empty tables were two guys dressed in polo shirts and pressed khakis. The one on the right had a glass of whiskey in his hands while the other one had cola. The latter wearing a pair of dark shades.

I stood off to the side, hoping that their little reunion would stay theirs and not involve me.

"Drinking already? Its not even eleven, Evan," Douglas said as we reached them.

The whiskey guy looked up before he chuckled heavily. "You're one to talk, my friend." He stood up and pulled him into a hug. "Long time since we saw you come around here."

Douglas nodded. "But I can bet my sports car that I've been here a lot more than our dear friend over here," he looked over at the other guy that was sipping on his glass of cola.

The guy looked up from his phone. "Now, don't bring me into your little lover's spat."

Douglas walked over and shook the guy's hand. "Nice to see you, Dylan. How's your latest-"

"Now, now. Aren't you the evil bastard?" I noticed the one Douglas had called Evan staring at me with a playful smile. "Who's your gorgeous friend here?" He walked over holding out a hand.

Hesitant, I stare at it without shaking it.

"Oh," Douglas turned around, "her..."

I focused a glare his way when he said that as if I was an afterthought and forgotten.

"And it seems like your charm didn't work this time around, old friend," Evan said, sounding amused, his hand still outstretched.

Feeling like he was alright enough, I held out my hand to shake his. Instead of shaking it, he turned my hand around, placing a kiss on it. "And your name is..."

Just as I was about to answer him, the ass decides to interrupt, "Krystal. Now get away from her. I don't like the ideas forming in your head right now."

"Ideas? Pray tell my friend. What ideas might those be?"

"Evan-"

"Fine, cock-blocker." He released my hand, his eyes on me. "Since my ass of a friend doesn't know any manners, I will remedy it. Name's Queen. Evan Queen. And welcome, beautiful, to my family's club."

I heard the other guy laugh as he got up and walked over. "Did you just inform her that you were wealthy?"

Evan turned around, sending the other guy a glare. "And that average looking friend of mine is Dylan Rush."

My mouth literally gaped open as I heard what he said. My eyes darted to stare openly at the other guy. Did he just say Dy-Dylan R-Rush?

The guy... Dylan Rush walked up to me, holding out a hand as he removed his glasses. "Pleasure to meet you, Ms Krystal."

I literally died a thousand times in that one second as I stared at the face that featured in thousands of shows, movies and billboards.

I was... shaking hands with DYLAN RUSH! DYLAN RUSH IS SHAKING MY HAND!

DYLAN RUSH WAS SMILING AT ME! DYLAN RUSH KNEW MY NAME! DYLAN RUSH WAS STANDING IN FRONT OF ME!

"Breathe before you suffer from lack of oxygen, you buffoon!"

Of course! Only the sound of Douglas Burns voice can get rid of my elation of meeting Dylan Rush.

I stuck out a tongue at him childishly.

Evan and Dylan laughed at my display.

"What did you do to the little girl, Doug?" Dylan asked.

"What I did? She's the one who started all of this!"

"And how exactly am I to be blamed?" I demanded.

"If only you didn't interfere and minded your own business-"

Were we really fighting over this again? And here of all places? In front of the Dylan Rush?

"You were demanding that the pilot turn the plane around! The way I see it, I saved you from spending your outrageous royal ass in the slammer that night!"

"You- you!" Douglas's face resembled a ripe tomato.

"I like her," Evan said as he squeezed my shoulders and pulled me to sot down at the seat beside him.

"So you're the girl that kept my dearest friend from attending my movie premiere," Dylan said, smiling as he sat down across from me.

"I- I was..?" I was speechless as I stared at him. I was actually talking to Dylan Rush!

"Well, thank you so much for saving my friend from the slammer," he added.

My face immediately brightened.

"How, what- She's the girl that-" Douglas began.

"A true gentleman knows when a fights lost, Doug," Evan said. "Give it up. So, how did the two of you end up meeting up again, and here together?"

Douglas looked too irritated to reply, so I did instead. He took a sit next to Dylan.

"Mr Burns hired me to make sure Douglas doesn't do anything that'll damage his or the company's reputation."

Douglas scoffed. "You're making it sound like a chore."

"I'd rather scoop out-"

"Yeah, yeah," he cuts me off, glowering, "you'd rather scoop out horses manure than spend a second with me."

Evan chuckles, "And there's nothing else going on between you two?" He arches a brow suggestively.

"Definitely not!" I stated. Really? How do people conclude you liked each other when you're halfway to tearing each others throats out?

Douglas glares at him, "You really think I could like someone like her."

Evan holds up his hand in a gesture suggesting he surrendered. "Doug, is this possibly because of the Lamborghini accident earlier this week?"

It was hilarious and annoying at the same time how they were discussing the whole accident like it was a bicycle that had been destroyed and not a car worth twice the mortgage of an average house.

More annoying than hilarious though.

Douglas nodded. "Really though. What's the point right?"

Dylan looks up from the phone he had been lost in for some time. "Look at it this way, Doug. Your father's doing this so that by the time you take over the company its still there, okay?'

Douglas ignored him as he stared off into the distance. "Whatever. Anyways, I didn't come here to talk about my boring life. Let's tee up,okay?" He got up. "Well, what are you waiting for?"

Without another word, he turned around and walked back into the building, most probably to get ready to play golf.

* * *

"How about we play for a real game?" Evan asked forty minutes after they started playing while I stood off to the side manning the bag of golf clubs.

"And what exactly have we been doing for the last half an hour, you idiot?" Dylan said as he hit the ball in to the hole.

"We weren't even putting anything up for stakes! This time, loser grants the winner a wish, deal?"

"Hmm, I do need the latest Augusta FCC," Dylan said. "That thing is a work of beauty."

"Fine, fine. So what? One on one on one?" Douglas asked, placing a hand on his hips as he rested.

"Now where's the fun in that?" He smiled deviously before he turned to me. "Come play with us, Krys!"

"No!" I shot back. "I... don't know how to play..."

"Of c'mon its simple enough."

Without meaning to, I walk over. "Let me try just once, then."

Dylan hands me his golf club. "Be careful. Don't hurt yourself."

I blush as I accept it.

Evan places the ball on its mount.

I focus on it, place the golf club near the ball, testing it out just as I've seen them do it. Then I pull the club back and swing it against the ball.

Only it doesn't connect. The ball doesn't fly, but remains on the mount laughing at me.

I groan, guessing that if anything Evan was probably holding back his laugh for my sake.

"This is st-"

Suddenly I feel someone behind me, hands around my waist and hands covering my fingers that were holding the club.

I'm frozen, feeling the warmth radiating from him, my heart involuntarily pounding hard against my chest. Who could blame me? This was the first guy other than my father that was this close to me!

Seconds pass as we stand like that, silent.

"Relax yourself," he says and instantly my body goes on full alert.

Douglas Burns.

"I don't like this too. But I'd rather keep my golfing reputation safe." He whispers as he leans in.

"How is my being bad at golf damaging-"

"Just stop questioning me already and relax!"

Hesitantly I try to relax. Or I tried as hard as I could with demon spawn behind me.

That must've done the trick though because he nods. "Good. Now, loosen your grip on the club."

I loosened my grip while still maintaining my hold on the club.

His grip tightens. "Breathe in. Breathe out. Keep your eye on the ball. Layer up your club. Flush it against the ball. Eyes on the ball. Swing back and picture it connecting with the ball."

I tried my best to do what he said while thinking about how he was too close for comfort.

Swinging back the club, I did what he said, picturing the club connecting with the ball. A second later I'm rewarded with a small 'clack' as I see the ball fly of across the grassy course.

Soon after Douglas released my hands and pulls away.

"Good on hands approach, Doug," Evan pestered as he shoots Douglas a wink. "Very...moving."

"Oh, shut up!" Douglas mock snaps as he grabs his club that was with Dylan.

"So the team's are settled then?"

"What? No! I can't play. I don't know how to!" I confessed. I had only gotten that right because Douglas had helped me, and hell would have to freeze over before I let him get that close to me again.

"Oh come on. You just shot that ball across the course."

"If she doesn't want to, leave her be," Douglas said. "I can take the two of you on with both hands tied behind my back."

"You might be an ace here, Doug. But let's play a fair game okay?" Dylan said.

"Seems like there's room for one more," a new voice says from behind us.

Surprised, I turn around and nearly fainted.

What the fucking hell!

There dressed in a similar get up as Evan and Dylan, losing his messy look and fisherman's hat was someone I had never expected to see in a long time, if ever.

Will Davis.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 7.6K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
463K 18.3K 62
When Athena and Tobias' family arranged for the two to get married, nothing but hell broke loose. They knew nothing about one another, except they bo...
37.7K 2.6K 55
[#1 in Rage/January 24, 2022]. [Completed]. [#2 in Escort/Oct 22, 2020]. [Completed]. *** The real question is, how does one even earn 'forever' from...
461K 13.3K 36
Have you ever heard of being hired because you were honest? Well, this is a first! Emma: a proud, sarcastic but honest girl who gets hired because s...