Faustus vs Envy

By LionDuckling

Based on the popular play known as "Dr. Faustus", this story takes place when Faustus meets the seven deadly... More

Seven Deadly Sins

Introduction to Faustus

39 2 0
By LionDuckling

List of characters:

- Doctor John Faustus: A learned scholar in Germany during the fifteenth century who becomes dissatisfied with the limitations of knowledge and pledges his soul to Lucifer in exchange for unlimited power.

- Mephistopheles: A prince of the underworld who appears before Faustus and becomes his servant for twenty-four years.

- Seven Deadly Sins (Envy): Spirits or apparitions which appear during the course of the play.

I used these exact words off the play itself. Instead of having the sins as 'Spirits', I wrote them in as demons with physical forms.
The rest of the story was written all by me yet was all of course based off of:
"The Tragical History of the LIFE and DEATH of Doctor Faustus"
written by Christopher Marlowe during the time of the Renaissance.
If you notice the cover picture, that is the original drawing used for the play at the time of its publication.
The order on which Dr. Faustus meets the physical forms of the seven deadly sins in the play are as follows: Pride, Covet (Greed), Wrath, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth, Lechery (Lust). This will only have Envy instead although the presence of the other seven sins will be mentioned here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
22.9M 802K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
Bite Me By alicia

Paranormal

10.3M 412K 37
Werewolves and vampires don't mix, or that's what Kieran Callisto, a seventeen-year-old vampire, has believed all his life - until he falls for the A...