Mated To A Jerk |✓

By ranchchips

Being mated to the future alpha isn't a breeze, especially for Cassandra. Wanna know why? Because he's a flat... More

|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
|53|
|54|
|55|

|13|

16K 447 36
By ranchchips

I squirmed in the hospital bed I was being pushed against. I wanted to just get up from this position, I couldn't stay still with all of this burning on my back. 

It literally felt like some one was ripping my skin with fire and a knife repeatedly. 

Chase was holding down my shoulders, causing me to feel a little more calm, with Hunter helping hold my legs down. I didn't know why he was helping me, he was just another jerk like Chase. 

I wanted to rip my throat apart from this living hell I was in. The torture I was put through isn't just regular whipping on my back. Other things happened. 

"I didn't mean to disrespect you! I'm sorry!" I screamed with tears burning my cheeks. This all felt too weird to me.

Xander appeared beside Chase, grinning at my pain. My eyes widened with horror as I scrambled against the boys' grip away from the monster. 

"Stop! Leave me alone!" I screamed at Xander. Chase turned, confused at what I was staring at, like he thought I was crazy. Maybe I am.

"Dr. Sara, please hurry. She's seeing things, that can't mean anything good." Chase ordered the doctor who was scrambling around the room and putting things in a syringe while reading out of an instruction pamphlet. 

"I've never experienced silver. Sorry this is taking longer than it should've." Dr. Sara apologized. Chase looked down at my sweaty, tear stained face. I was not attractive and that made me want to hide. Especially with Xander being right next to me. Why wasn't anyone doing anything? Were they on his side? Is that why they are holding me down? So that they can kill me? 

"Let me go you monsters!" I screamed. "I have a future!" 

"Shhh, you're going to be fine." Chase whispered. 

"No! You're on his side!" I pointed my finger at Xander. Chase looked again then turned back to me completely concerned. 

"Who?"

"Xander! You're going to kill me! I didn't mean to disobey him!" I started sobbing. 

"I'm helping you." I heard Chase whisper as I felt a needle go into my shoulder. 

I was in the basement. Xander's dark chuckles echoed around me, finding me lost as to where he exactly was. 

"Please," I breathed. "I won't do it again. You must understand that this is just a sudden change in my lifestyle." I whispered, almost sobbing. I held back the tears. I needed to be strong in front of him. 

"If I let you off the hook you will do it again." I hear him say coldly. I gulped. 

"I-I won't." A rope was wrapped around my neck from behind. I gasped for hair, clawing at the rope that was strangling me. Just before I passed out it was let off of my throat. 

I dropped to the ground gasping for precious air. That was when I felt a whip on my back. I screamed in pain. 

"Don't disrespect me." I heard his cold whisper crack throughout my body. Another whip collided with my bare back. I felt violated, being stripped of my shirt. At least I kept my bra on. 

"I just want to make you happy, not angry. I'm sorry." I lied. 

"You asked for this." I was suddenly pulled up by my hair and slammed against the wall. His warm breath fanned across my face as he examined me. His hand trailed down my cheek down to my collarbone. I grabbed his hand before it got to my chest. 

"This isn't yours right now. It isn't here." It wasn't his at all. I just needed him to stop. 

"I'll touch you wherever and whenever I want." He hissed. He leaned down for a kiss, but I turned my head. He growled at me, low and demanding. 

"Not after you just almost killed me." I whispered. 

"I don't fucking care what you want! I care what I want!" He smacked my cheek to turn my head back. His other hand dug his now extended claws into my freshly whipped back causing me to scream.

"Stop!" I protested. He sneered at me like this was a game. 

And then Xander threw me across the cold, cement ground. 

I gasped, feeling sweat all over my body. I sat up and noted that I was laying next to Chase in our bed, but he was facing away from me. We weren't exactly on a mate like status. 

It was a dream. More like a memory from my torture.

I was scared, and I felt alone. The room was really dark and the air felt thin. I felt like he was watching. Always watching. 

I lightly poked Chase's back. 

"Chase." I whispered. No answer or sign of being awake. I poked him harder. Again a couple times. 

"Chase!" I whispered louder. He moved, sitting up to see what was going on. When he saw me sitting straight up he sat up with me. The blanket dropped from his chest, revealing him in a shirt. Poopie. 

"What? Are you okay?" He asked to which I shrugged. 

"I had a nightmare." I whispered. 

"About what?" He shifted his sitting position so that he was facing me. 

"I think you know." He didn't reply for a little bit. 

"You need to go to school tomorrow." He said. Wow, way to make me feel better. I glanced at the clock, giving me an answer of 2:43 am. 

"I don't know if I'm ready." I fiddled with the blanket between my fingers. there'll be rumors and people asking me about what happened- I just didn't want to face that attention right now.

"It's been a week. You need to go. You've been asleep for at least a whole day. I wasn't expecting you to wake up for at least another day." 

"How am I supposed to stay in a nightmare for two days? Especially when I'm reliving it." I stared into his green eyes. Even from the dark lit room I could make out his features. 

"Your friends are worried about you. You should go tomorrow." He completely ignored what I just said but I understood that.

"I will." I whispered. He turned to go back to sleep, but I stopped him. 

"Wait!" He faced me again, waiting for what I was going to tell him. 

"I still can't sleep." A blush made its way to my cheeks, but in this time of night I knew he couldn't see it. 

I watched as a change of want flashed through his eyes for one moment.

Chase laid down still facing me this time, and lightly pulled me down beside him. My back was pressed against his covered chest and his arm swooped across my waist. 

This felt better. 

I woke up without Chase. He wasn't in the bed, leaving me to feel afraid for a few minutes until I calmed down.

It was 7 am, time for me to get ready for school. I didn't like this lonely feeling he left me with. Last night I slept with peace with his touch and not completely on the other side of the bed. 

I grabbed a faded salmon plain tee with light blue overalls. I grabbed my most comfortable bra and underwear, going into the bathroom to shower. Once I finished I blow dried my hair and left it my natural curls. 

I put on my clothes and black combat boots. Today I wore makeup to cover up the redness around my eyes and bruise-like dark circles. Most of my cuts and bruises had healed, besides the whip lashes on my back that my shower was kind enough to remind me of when the hot water hit it.

"Are you ready?" Chase asked on the other side of the door. I closed the tube of concealer and put it back with my small collection of makeup in a drawer. With one last glance I followed Chase outside to his car. 

Nobody knew we were mates except my friends and his. Other than that nobody knew, and it felt easier that way.

Once the school building came into view my breathing and heart rate increased. 

"You'll be fine." He said after he parked his car. 

"Nobody knows we're mates." I stated. I quickly continued "and I know you don't want anybody to know-" 

"I said its fine." He said, so I nodded and got out the car. As we walked to school in silence I listened to the whispers and confused stares. Girls glared daggers at me, probably the ones that were wishing to find out that they were in fact Chase's mate. Beat 'em to it.

Being the most popular guy at school's mate will give me hate. It comes with the package I got myself into, involuntarily.

Once my friends saw me they shot up from their seats and tackled me with hugs, knocking the air out of me.

"We didn't know what happened! Oh goddess, we were so scared!" Mandy rushed out.

"The tighter you squeeze me, the more likely I'll die." I joked but they immediately jumped off of me with worried expressions. 

"Guys, I was kidding." I teased. 

"That's not funny." Mandy pouted. Ameth crossed her arms at me. 

"Especially when you pretty much were almost taken from us forever." Ameth added. I rolled my eyes at them. 

"Look, I only came to school to see you two. Don't make me leave." I warned.

"They all know now." Mandy whispered.  I scrunched my face. 

"Know what?" I asked. 

"They saw you and Chase get out of the car together. Plus the mark adds to the effect." 

"I know." 

The rest of the day went by as normal besides all the whispers that followed me in the halls. 

I was going to Chase's locker when I saw something. A girl was giggling and twirling a strand of hair in her finger, leaning against a locker next to Chase. My heart pounded with my temples. 

"She isn't my mate, she just needed a ride." Chase said. The slut bit her bottom lip, smiling until her eyes met with mine. Chase caught that and turned to see me. 

"Cassandra-" he started, but I stormed down the hall and out of the school building, into the woods. What was the point of saving me to rub in my face that I would never be accepted by him?

I knew he was following, and I seethed because of it. When I glanced behind my shoulder I saw him running to catch up. 

"You basically denied I was of importance. It's like you just rejected me all over again." I yelled at him, my mark throbbing. He finally stopped moving. 

"I-"

"I don't care. I'm moving back in with Ameth. This mark was a mistake." I turned and ran off. 

I was a fling to him, and I hated that I thought of any difference.

•••
Okay, the chapters will get better real soon, promise!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

796K 21.1K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
789K 26.1K 37
Cassandra is the youngest child to the alpha of the Blue Silver Pack by three minutes. Unlike her older twin brother, Nicholas, she is wild, goofy an...
99.8K 3.4K 52
Highest ranking: #216 in werewolf #44in female alpha #1 in nerdy Why have a mate when you're an independent, badass female alpha who is more than...
118K 7.1K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...