Burned (Hate at First Flight...

Da ehl_kayy_writes

Krystal Sanders has only two thoughts on her mind when she flies to New York for her interview for her dream... Altro

1. The Lambo Article
2. The Arrogant Adonis Hoot
3. The Cancellation
4. Swearing at Starbucks Gets You Glares
5. Holding a Burger Hostage
6. The Mafia Tour Guide
7. Goodbyes and Surprises
9. Two Can Play The Blackmail Game
10. Golf with Dylan Rush
11. Winner Takes All
12. Voting for Silence
13. Unexpected Reactions
14. The Extended Bathroom Break
15. Making a Deal with the Demon Spawn
16. Dylan Rush's Advice
17. Bittersweet Memories
18. Eavesdroppers and Suspicions
19. Reversed Chances
20. Discovering the Golden Ratio
21. Frost-like Atmosphere
22. Qualifications of a Kiss
23. Athena Burns
24. Slowly Understanding Douglas Burns
25. Breaking Down Walls
26. A Little Too Much Closure
27. Douglas Stanley Burns
28. Confusing Cowardice
29. Never Judge a Person by Their Playlist
30. Alexandra Hunt
31. Crowd Control Duty
32. How to Surf, Burns Style.
33. The Attention Seeking Boy and the Girl with Commitment Issues
34. Finding Out More About the Playboy
35. Hushed Conversations
36. Failed Bravados
37. How to Speak Evan Queens
38. Confessions of a Burger Thief
39. A Ghost of a Smile
40. Surrealism That Leaves One Silent
41. I Fell for the Idiot
42. He's My Century Old Whiskey
43. Memorable Last Words
44. Making Him Faint with An Almost Kiss
45. Falling for the Son of a Diner Owner's Daughter
Epilogue : I'll Always Be Here For You
Bonus Chapter (Douglas' POV)
FROSTED NOW UP!
One-Shot

8. Dinner with the Demon Spawn

39.7K 1.6K 168
Da ehl_kayy_writes

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / PROMOTE / FOLLOW !

XOXO,
LOSALINI

•••||||•••

What would you do if your archenemy walked into a restaurant?

And what if he walked into said restaurant to dine with you?

And what if you for one, came to the said restaurant expecting to dine with your caregiver and not with a soulless, arrogant apprentice of the Devil himself?

And what if you were under the impression that that so called dinner was to comfort you for losing out on your dream job, that that so called archenemy had gotten you fired from even before you did the interview?

You would probably be like me, glaring at the evil one with enough hatred that if I had a fillet knife on me, I'd run him through.

No?

Yeah, little miss Sanders was losing her sanity again.

And all because of the evil one, better known by the world as Douglas Burns.

"Krystal," Nancy, unbeknownst to my death glare at the unexpected guest called out as they came to me. She smiled widely at me, her eyes indicating that I should lose the murderous look. Maybe she did notice.

I got out of my chair and faced them properly.

"I'd like to formally introduce you to Mr Sebastian Burns, the CEO of Burns Industries," Nancy said as the impressive man stepped forward with a huge smile that threw me off.

Where did the serious looking man from seconds ago go?

"Pleasure to finally meet you, dear child," he said as he bowed his head slightly. "You look ... refreshing."

A scoff came from his right, where the demon spawn stood.

Mr Burns threw a scowl towards him before turning back to me and smiling. "What my impudent son means to imply is that you are a showstopper, dear."

I didn't care enough to be offended. What stuck on my mind is that he was his son?

Of course! Burns! Douglas Burns! Sebastian Burns!

Well, can you blame me? There are a lot of people who have Burns as their last name.

But how many could afford to own an airline?

I just smiled politely at Sebastian. "Your...son?"

He smiled as if he was please I had asked, before nodding. "My one and only..."

"Douglas Burns," I said out loud without thinking.

"You know each other?"

Immediately I shook my head just as the evil ass himself said, "No!"

Mr Burns looked even more skeptical.

"Uhm, I read ... the article from earlier this week," I remedied instantly, "about the accident."

As if the accident was a taboo subject, Mr Burns eyes darkened as Mr I-Own-An-Airline glared at me.

Thankfully Nancy chose that moment to interceded, "Let's take a seat and order something, shall we?"

Mr Burns nodded as he took a sit across from me.

Nancy sat on my left which left Douglas Burns to sit on my right.

This was going to be a long night.

* * *

The evening started out well enough.

Everyone was civil except of course the most uncivilized being on the planet that sat on my right who continued to shoot me daggers every chance he got, ones that I reciprocated when his father was not looking at me or asking me a question or telling me a story about his days with my parents. Which left me frustrated.

Since when was I the center of everything?

"You're studying Literature and Journalism at UCLA, right?" Mr Burns asked Ashe cut into his fillet mignon.

I nodded.

"Good for you. Douglas is studying Business. At Harvard."

Of course! The prince gets to go to Harvard. Overused plot!

I smiled along. "So, Nancy mentioned something about...a job."

Mr Burns nodded. "Yes. The job."

"What exactly does it entail?"

He smiled. "It's pretty simple, sweetheart. Excellent pay. Short hours. And great perks."

I nodded. That sounded great. It was no internship at Gloss magazine, but it'll have to do.

"What am I supposed to do? Desk job? Internship?"

"More like watch over someone for me."

"Watch over...someone?"

Mr Burns nodded as he chewed on his food. Then he nodded at his son. "Him."

"Him?" I exclaimed just as Douglas looks up and flusters, "Me?"

Mr Burns looked elated at our expression as Nancy sat there, quiet.

"What is the meaning of this, dad?" Douglas asked as he dropped his steak knife and fork on his plate.

"I just need Krystal here to watch you during the summer, make sure you stay out of trouble and report back to me. Simple."

"Simple? That's total invasion of privacy!" Douglas eyes were shrouded in anger. "That is not happening!"

"You cost me $1.2 million earlier this week, Douglas! Which does not even begin to cover the amount you cost me last summer. Our stock price dropped 0.3% in the past week alone. So don't give me this bull about privacy. You lost it a long time ago." Mr Burns kept his voice down, wary of the other diners, but the seriousness in his voice was not lost.

Douglas glared at his father. "I will not agree to this!"

"Fine. If you don't, I will be giving all your shares to your cousin and your funds to charity. They'll put it to much better use than you ever will," Mr Burns threatened.

I was feeling awkward, sitting there watching this family affair happen in front of me.

Douglas' shoulders shrugged low in defeat as he glared at his plate. Guess pretty boy couldn't do without his money and his airline.

Then Mr Burns turned to me, his serious demeanor replaced with a smile, "So, what do you say, dear?"

Did I mention, the man scared me now?

With the fear of Mr Burns instilled in me after his little showdown with his son, I nodded my head with no hesitation.

I mean, if his son could get me fired from my internship even before I had the interview, what more can his father, the CEO of one of America's and the world's largest companies be able to do?

"Good then. It is settled."

"What exactly do I do? Follow him around?" I asked, still a little bit confused about the ull details of the matter.

Mr Burns nodded. "And if he gives you any trouble whatsoever, contact me immediately."

I nodded shakily as I felt Douglas' eyes burn through me. "When do I start then?"

"I'll let Nancy know about the finer details of the matter. But I guess Tuesday should be good."

That soon?

* * *

To say that I wished the world would end before Tuesday was an understatement.

One, I loathed the person I was to in honest terms babysit.

Two, I couldn't very well refuse the offer after accepting it.

Three, if I even got up the nerve to refuse it, what would Mr Burns retaliate with?

So yes, I wished desperately that Armageddon would come before Tuesday.

But alas, it didn't.

The loathsome beginning to my summer job came in the form of a beautiful, sunny day that would have brightened my mood had it not been that it meant I was to get up and go babysit a spoiled jackass.

"Kryyyyssss!" Nancy's voice rang through my door. "Get uuup! Time to get ready to head over to the Burns estate."

The Burns estate! Right.

I pulled myself away from the comfort of my bed and headed to the bathroom to freshen up.

"You can do this, Krystal!" I said to my reflection in the mirror. "Fighting!"

Twenty minutes later I was ready, dressed in comfortable clothes, jeans and a KEEP CALM AND LOVE EXO shirt.

As soon as I was about to leave for work / babysitting duties my phone vibrated in my pocket.

You're late! Get me some Americano before you come here, it read.

Even without the ID of the sender I knew who it was from.

My ward for the summer and the world's biggest ass, Douglas Burns.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

23.3K 1.1K 8
DISCRETION SERIES - BOOK 4 (spin-off) " Here you are, gentlemen. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you " God, her voice sounds like s...
6.4M 248K 43
The youngest billionaire in town with the looks of Adonis and everything at his feet desired just one thing more in life. His perfect match. He wishe...
16.3K 1K 23
He set fire to the world around him but never let a flame touch her. Reyansh Kapoor: "She is the ocean in which I'll happily drown. " She was a selen...
10.1K 447 18
Being the eldest sibling living in Miami who had to fend for herself and her three younger siblings who stayed back In Boston made twenty three year...