Trying To Forget [Completed]

By ULoving

This story is under major revisions. So far I've gone back and fixed all the grammatical errors and rewritten... More

Chapter 1: A New Life
Chapter 2: Feelings Hurt
Chapter 3: Done For The Day (Completely Rewritten)
Chapter 4: Homecoming-A Special Night
Chapter 5: You Can't Resist
Chapter 6: Time To Party And Forget
Chapter 7: Budding Romance
Chapter 9: Breakups and Fights
Chapter 10: Getting Over You
Chapter 10: Damien's P.O.V.
Chapter 11: The Rain
Chapter 12: Time To Practice
Chapter 13: Try to Catch Me
Chapter 14: Bad News
Mini Chapter
Chapter 15: Lies, Secrets, & Flowers
Chapter 16: The Truth
Chapter 17: Coming Clean
Chapter 18: Try This On
Chapter 19: How Time Flies
Chapter 20: Mistletoe
Chapter 21: Just A Bet
Chapter 22: I can Forgive, but not Forget
Chapter 23: Danger
Chapter 24: Not out of the woods just yet.
Chapter 25: The Silver Lining
Epilogue

Chapter 8: Moving On

211 10 1
By ULoving

Damien's P.O.V.

I woke up and Angela's shoulder waking her up.

"I should take you home now, I feel bad keeping you to myself", I said.

"Fine, let me just text Jade."

"Why?"

"So she can open the door for us, I forgot my keys." I smiled knowing I would see Jade again. Just hearing her name made me light up.

"So what time should we leave", I asked Angela as I put my clothes on.

"I don't think her and Collin went far, so in about 30 minutes." I tensed up; I had forgotten she was with Collin. Thirty minutes passed and Angela still wasn't ready and I was ready to leave.

"Angela, babe hurry", I said screaming hoping she would hear me from upstairs. She rushed down the stairs and walked out the door. "Finally", I said under my breath. We arrived at her house pretty fast, maybe it was because I had taken Angela home before or that she lived in my old house. Jade answered the door and I flashed her a smile as I walked in the door. For a while we just stood there, I couldn't help but overhear Jade and her friend talking.

"Well tomorrow you're going with me to buy my first of many cats, seeing that you have a boyfriend I'm just gonna be forever alone", Cynthia said. All Jade could do was laugh, but I wasn't laughing. I looked back at Jade, we made eye contact and she stopped laughing. A boyfriend, Jade had a boyfriend. Instead of my heart sinking it broke. I wanted to walk out then and there, but that would probably make Angela suspicious.

"Do my ears deceive me or does my black sheep of a sister have a boyfriend", Angela said teasing Jade. I nudged Angela telling her to stop, but she wanted the details and so did I.

"Yup, and he's a football player", Cynthia said smiling and looking at Jade.

"Who", Angela said walking towards them; I stayed in the same place.

"It's Collin", Cynthia exclaimed. I saw Jade nudging her as if signaling her to shut up.

"Tell me more", Angela responded.

"I prefer not to talk about it, plus I don't think Damien wants to hear about girly stuff", Jade snapped at Angela. I guess she saw it was hurting me to hear. I didn't want her to, so I said, "Go ahead I'm fine with you guys talking about Collin", and walked towards the couch and sat down. All three of them sat down at the kitchen table as Jade talked about her wonderful date with Collin. I heard everything and when she got to the part where she and Collin kissed I lost it. I grabbed my keys and stormed out. I needed to 'chat' with Collin so I raced to his house ignoring every stop sign. I got to his house and banged on the door as soon as it opened I stormed in.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Why are you with Jade", I asked him with anger in my voice.

"Why do you care", he asked closing the door.

"Because I care about her", I yelled.

"No you don't she was just a bet to you, remember or do I have to remind you."

"That doesn't matter anymore, I care about her now", I said grabbing Collin shirt and pushing him against the wall.

"I do too, and I'm gonna make sure she forgets all about you." That's where I lost it I threw him, but he didn't fall instead he lunged at me punching me right in the jaw. I punched him right below his eye almost immediately. Before it could escalate even more Collin's mom got home.

"What's going on here", she exclaimed.

"Nothing, I was just leaving", I said and walked out the door. I got in my car and drove away, that's when I started to feel the pain of Collin's punch. How was I going to explain this tomorrow?

Jade's P.O.V.

I didn't want to go into extreme detail of my date with Collin because Damien was there and I didn't want to hurt him anymore than I might already have. When I began telling Angela and Cynthia about the kiss, Damien stormed off. Well thus suddenly became awkward, my fight or flight response kicked in and I chose flight.

"There I told you everything, can Cynthia and I go to my room now", I asked wanting to get away from Angela. She nodded and Cynthia and I ran upstairs to my room. I left my car at Collin's house which meant Cynthia had no ride so she got to sleep over. We were roughly the same size so sharing clothes was no issue.

"So, when are you gonna reply to Collin."

"I almost forgot", I said grabbing my phone.

Collin: You left your car here so I guess I'll be taking you to school tomorrow ;)

Me: And Cynthia :D

Collin: Ok great

"What did he want", Cynthia asked.

"Oh nothing, I left my car at his house so he's giving us a ride to school tomorrow."

"Ugh school, why did you have to bum me out, do we have to go tomorrow?"

"It's what I do, and yes we've already missed, now go to sleep", I said scooting over so she could lie down. Thankfully I had a king sized bed so there was enough room for both of us.

"But it's nine", she whined.

"Exactly, now come on."

"Fine, but don't you try and get fresh with me or I'll tell Collin", she said sliding into bed. I laughed, said goodnight and drifted off. I woke up at the time I usually got up when I had school and got in the shower, dried off and got dressed. I was doing my hair when Cynthia woke up.

I looked over at her, "Nice bed head, really turn me on".

"Shut up", she said throwing a pillow at me.

"You better get up now, or you'll have to fight with Angela over the bathroom", I said throwing the pillow back at her.

"I won't be a fight, I'll sit on the stick", she said getting up and grabbing a towel. She showered fairly fast and got ready even faster. She found a bright yellow shirt and white ripped jeans and some yellow flats.

"I can't believe you never wear this, it's so cute."

"Kate bought that for me, as you can see I would never wear that; the jeans I will wear but the shirt and shoes are a no go, just shows that she doesn't know me, that's why it was at the back of my closet", I said grabbing my phone.

"Collin's here, vamonos muchacha", I said grabbing my bag and Cynthia who was still doing her make-up. We rushed right by my dad and Angela who were downstairs.

"Hold it you two", my dad said freezing us in our tracks.

"Yeah, did you forget I need a ride", Angela said grabbing her bag.

"Can't your boyfriend take you", I said opening the door..

"No, he said he would meet me at school." Angela walked over to me and whispered in my ear, "I suggest you take me unless you want dad to find out where you car is at, he hasn't checked outside but I could tell him to, it's up to you." I almost punched that manipulative bitch, but I couldn't dad was watching.

"Oh yeah, I forgot let's go", I said putting on my fake smile.

"It is ok if we take Angela", I asked Collin as I got in the car. He nodded and began driving. We go to school and Angela rushed out the car in search of Damien and Cynthia said she would see me in class. Before I could open the door, Collin ran over and opened the door for me. It was cute.

"You didn't have to do that", I said as he grabbed my waist and leaned in for a kiss which I gladly accepted.

"Yeah but I wanted to", he said as he grabbed my hand and we walked into school like that. When we finally got to my locker I was able to see a bruise or scratch on his lower eye.

"Oh my god, what happened?"

"You noticed", he said.

"Of course I did, now tell me what happened", I demanded.

"It's nothing really, it doesn't even hurt anymore".

"Is that really", I said in a sarcastic tone and poked his wound.

"Ow!"

"I thought it didn't hurt anymore", I said crossing my arms.

"Well it does, now could we just forget about it."

"Not until you tell me."

"It's in the past now, so can we just forget about it", he said pulling me in. I pulled away already angry.

"The past, when you dropped me off, that wasn't on your face, so it happened later last night, so are you gonna tell me?" He didn't tell me anything; instead he gave me a look that clearly meant no.

"Fine, talk to me when you do wanna tell me", I said slamming my locker and walking away. I could hear him saying something, but I was to mad to listen. I was too distracted to pay attention I class; it was periods 1-4 so it was nothing important to me at the time. I was so distracted I even ignored Cynthia when she tried talking to me. The lunch bell rang, I was surprised I went through periods 1 and 2 without learning a thing, even more surprisingly no one really told me anything. I walked out to the hall making sure it was lonely I needed to be alone for a while.

Damien's P.O.V.

I told Angela I would meet her at school so she wouldn't notice my bruise until she saw me at school. I wasn't in the mood to be interrogated on the car ride to school. I tried avoiding Angela as much as I could. I even stayed in the guy's bathroom until the school started, but when lunch came I knew Angela would be worried why she didn't see me in the morning then she would notice my bruise. The lunch bell rang and I was right.

"OMG Babe, what happened to you", she said as I sat down next to her.

"Nothing, I got into an argument with-", I stopped myself there I didn't want to say who because knowing Angela she would bug out even more than she already was, but I looked over at where Collin was seating talking to Jade. I noticed she stopped starring at my bruise and was starring over at someone else. I looked where her eyes were focused on. Crap, it was Jade and Collin. I was desperately hoping she didn't put the puzzle pieces together; apparently she's smarter than she looks. Angela got up and began walking over to Jade. I grabbed her hand trying to hold her back.

"Angela calm down", I said trying to pull down so she would sit, but she was already focused on Jade. I sat at our table hoping for the worst. I saw Jade stand up then Angela raised her hand, *smack*, then I saw Jade cup her cheek. Did Angela just slap Jade? No time to figure that out I ran over so I could try and stop it from escalating.

Jade's P.O.V.

After a while of wandering around and thinking I decided to go outside. Maybe I was being a little harsh on Collin so I went to the quad and saw him sitting alone. Why? I walked over and sat next to him.

"It's ok if you don't want to tell me, I was being a harsh and I'm sorry."

"Well I forgive you", he said giving me a hug. Just then I noticed Angela walking over to us. I stood up to say hi. Instead of a hello I got a slap right across my face.

"What the hell Angela!"

"Tell your boyfriend to calm ass down and he needs to apologize to Damien for punching him in the face." So that's what happened. I was in defending mode and I started talking without thinking. Almost instantly a crowd formed around us.

"How do you know it wasn't Damien who started it", I snapped back at her pushing her away from me. She better get far away from me, before I really lose it. I began to walk away when I saw Damien walking over. I couldn't beat his 'girlfriend' up in front of him. That would be embarrassing for her.

"Why would he start a fight, it's not like they were fighting over you, please why would they fight over a rat like you?" I lost it and balled my fist up and swung. Angela fell on the floor not unconscious, but she was hurt.

"I don't slap, I punch". Just then I felt a giant tug at my hair. Really who results to pulling hair? I grabbed her extensions and pulled a couple of them out. I felt someone's hands on my waist; I looked back and saw it was Damien trying to pull me away. Then I looked up at Angela and it was Collin trying to pull her away. They succeeded and they were holding us by the waist trying to keep us apart,

"Let go, I'm gonna finish this bitch", Angela scram.

"Sure you are, why don't I punch the other cheek even it out, wouldn't want you to cheer looking uneven", I teased. Just then I heard an angry voice.

"Boys bring these girls to my office." I forgot the dean was always out for supervision. That was probably because I never did anything wrong, so I never had anything to worry about...until now. We sat in the office on the couch; both of us had ice on our cheeks, but mine wasn't as bad as Angela's. Looking at her messed up face and knowing she was in cheer just made me happier.

"I was being serious you know."

"About what", she said.

"I will even out you face if you want me too", I teased. Another argument blew out, but before we started to swing at each other dad and Kate walked into the office. The look in my dad's eyes said it all. I was dead.

"Are you the parents", they nodded and the dean stood up, "alright follow me into the office, by the way my name is Mr. Fulton", the dean said opening the door into the office. The four of us sat down, but dad sat in between me and Angela.

"So I understand Angela and Jade are sisters, I also understand this fight started over their boyfriends is that true". He said look at me and Angela.

"Yeah, her dumbass of a boyfriend punched my boyfriend!"

"Angela please, act like a lady", Kate said trying to calm down her daughter.

"I don't understand why you would fight over something your boyfriends argued about", Kate said.

"Yeah, but it ended badly, I mean did you see Damien's face", Angela added.

"Did you see Collin's", I snapped at her wanting to pull another one of her extensions out.

"But it ended", my dad snapped back at both of us. I decided to stay quiet because if I said anything else I would surprise many people with my vocabulary.

"From what I heard from students who were there, Angela threw the first hit, making her the aggressor meaning she will be sent home. We will go over both of your punishments after school."

"I can do that now, no cheer for Angela and no leadership for Jade for one week and in-house suspension for both of them for 2 days", dad said.

"Fine with me", Mr. Fulton said grabbing the paperwork from the shelf.

"Me too, where do I sign", Kate said pulling out a pen. Of course me and Angela had to sign because it meant we agreed with our punishment. I don't know why they did that, no one ever agrees with their punishment. Dad and Kate signed Angela out and they left with her. I was suddenly happier, seeing her leave made my day.

"Why are you so happy you just got in-house suspension and no leadership for a week", the lady at the front desk said.

"Angela is gone, all that negative energy just left out that door", I said smiling. She just laughed, signed my slip back to class and I left. I noticed the slip said pass to 4th period. Wow I was in the office for all of third? I shrugged and took me sweet time getting to class.

"Shouldn't you be in class", I heard Cynthia say walking out of the bathroom.

"I have a pass", I said waving my slip in her face.

"As do I, but mine is from the classroom, so you wanna tell me now or later?"

"Hmmm now because I pretty sure I'm grounded and in isolation for the rest of my life." We walked over to the staircase and hid underneath it.

"Is it true that you dropped Angela on the floor and started swinging at her and she had to go to the hospital?"

"No, I just punched her after she slapped me, where the hell did you hear that?"

"From like five people in 3rd period."

"So what's you punishment?"

"No leadership involvement for one week and in-house suspension for 2 days."

"I get the no leadership part, but what is in-house suspension?"

"It means I'll be in school just not in class, I'll be in the office all day doing my school work."

"Even during lunch?" I nodded and I saw Cynthia's expression sadden.

"Why you do you have to be such a badass", she asked punching me in the shoulder. I just laughed.

"Well, we should get back to class", I said standing up and wiping the dirt off my butt.

"See you in a year", she teased as we walked away in opposite directions. I got to fourth period handed the teacher my slip and sat down. Like periods 1 and 2 I didn't pay much attention, I did my work and kept to myself. The bell rang to go home and I was the first one to run out. I went to my locker and opened it up to put my books in there when I closed Collin was there standing to the side holding a rose up to his mouth. He handed it to me and I gladly took it.

"It's an 'I'm sorry I dragged you into my bull shit' rose", he said nervously smiling.

"Well since you forgave me, I forgive you", I said hugging him. He gladly hugged me back. Hugging Collin was more than just a regular hug. It was one of those hugs that took my breath away, gave me butterflies and made me smile like crazy.

"Ready?" I nodded and he put his arm around my shoulder as we began walking to his car.

"So my place", he asked unlocking his car. I looked at him questioning his intentions.

"You left your car at my place remember?"

"Oh yeah I totally forgot", I said smiling and getting in the car.

"Where's your sister doesn't she need a ride?"

"No, Mr. Fulton sent her home." No Angela meant it was going to be peaceful ride and it was. When he got to his house instead of following Collin to the door, I ran towards my car to see if everything was ok, I breathed a sigh of relief. Not a scratch or a dent, I couldn't have dad kill me, first a fight now a messed up car; no thank you. Collin came back outside and handed me my keys.

"Thanks." I was about to grab the keys out of his hands, but when I did he closed his arm and raised it. He began to dangle the keys. Collin was taller than me making it hard for me to reach the keys.

"Seriously Collin, I need to get home", I said crossing my arms. I was already in trouble for what happened in school and if I got home late that would just be adding to the number of days I would be grounded.

"Well you better find a way to get your keys because I don't want you to go and this is my way of keeping you here." I wasn't going to jump up and down like an idiot so I had to think of a new way. Suddenly it came to me; I wrapped my arms around Collin's neck and pulled him in for a kiss, when I felt his arms around my waist I reached around to his arms and pulled the keys out of his hands.

"Ha, I win."

"Do you really have to leave", he said grabbing my hand with a sad look on his face. I wanted to stay, but I couldn't, so I nodded and got in my car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 12 23
I walked down the hallway quickly as I tried to get to class. Suddenly, a hand was classed over my mouth and I was pulled into a dark closet. I kicke...
1.9K 143 35
WARNING: There are going to be mistakes as I'm going to be editing the whole book. Please do point the mistakes out. Story does include strong langu...
567 103 13
Jade Amelia Repond is a strange girl. A proud one at that. Amster high's cheerleading team hasn't seen someone stranger than her. Footballer Elijah L...
1K 98 62
π‘Œπ‘œπ‘’ π΄π‘Ÿπ‘’ 𝑀𝑦 π»π‘œπ‘šπ‘’, 𝑀𝑦 πΏπ‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘ 𝐼𝑛 π‘‡β„Žπ‘’ π·π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘˜ π‘…π‘œπ‘œπ‘š, 𝑀𝑦 π‘†π‘’π‘šπ‘šπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘Šπ‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘šπ‘‘β„Ž. --------------------------------- Jade Augus...