Summer Paradise

By MazeRunnerNewt01

*I wrote this when I was 12/13 so sorry if it's terrible* Being best friends with Will Poulter has many advan... More

Meeting the cast
Arriving
Cause every morning should start with a heart attack
Food Shopping
Sweet Cupboard
Battle for the film
And the pranks begin
Time for some revenge
The lion, the witch and the wardrobe
Shocks and surprises
Treasure Hunt
Chapter 12 - Activities Day (Part 1)
Chapter 13 - Activities Day (Part 2)
Chapter 14 - Activity Day (Part 3)
Chapter 15 - Games Room
Chapter 16 - Out of the Frying Pan and Into the Fire
Chapter 17 - Powercut
Chapter 18 - Morning
Chapter 19 - Trip to the Beach
Chapter 20 - Beach
Chapter 21 - Sandcastle Competition
Chapter 22 - Mario Kart & a Surprise
Chapter 23 - Date
Chapter 24 - Thomas
Chapter 25 - Orienteering
Chapter 26 - Confusion
Chapter 27 - Where's Lucy?
Chapter 28 - Getting to the Hospital
Chapter 30 - By her bedside
Chapter 31 - Park
Chapter 32 - Talking to Lucy
Chapter 33 - What?
Chapter 34 - Visit from an old friend
Chapter 35 - Finally!
Chapter 36 - Leaving
Chapter 37 - VS
Chapter 38 - Movie Marathon
Chapter 39 - Packing
Chapter 40 - Leaving
Chapter 41 - New Memories
Author's Note

Chapter 29 - Waiting

317 17 1
By MazeRunnerNewt01

Thomas' POV

I collapsed into a chair and buried my head in my hands. I shakily ran a hand through my hair, but the sounds of running footsteps caught my attention. I looked up to find Dylan running down the corridor over to me, with Kaya, Ki Hong and Will close behind him.
"What's going on? Where's Lucy?" Dylan burst. Tears welled in my eyes, and I shook my head before burying it in my hands again.
"Thomas, tell us what happened." Kaya knelt down beside me and placed her hand on my shoulder. "You need to tell us." I lifted my head up,  took a deep breath, and slowly explained what happened, how I got here and what I saw.
"And, and when I got here, they wouldn't let me see her. I wasn't allowed in. Security guards came to get me away from her room, but I...I umm got out of their grasp and ran in and s-saw her. I saw Lucy, looking, she looked almost...lifeless." By now I knew that I couldn't explain anything else. I looked over to the others, Dylan had sunk into a chair next to me, the others looked like they had frozen.
"W-what?" Kaya mumbled, sitting on the floor. Tears glistened in her eyes, and I could tell that they would fall any second. Tears poured down Dylan's face, and tears welled up in Will's and Ki Hong's eyes.
"I have known her basically all my life. She was the only one there for me when we were younger." Will mumbled, wiping his eyes with his sleeve.

We just sat there for ages, in silence. No one had the energy to talk, well I didn't. I felt weak, and had no energy to do anything except breathe. All I could hear was the loud ticking of the clock. Every minute felt like eternity. I had no clue for how long we had been here for, since I didn't check the time when we got here. We could have been here for hours, or only a few minutes.
"Mr Sangster, we need to talk to you." A voice said, breaking the silence. We all looked over the source of the sound, a doctor. This couldn't be good. Unsteadily, I stood up and slowly walked over to him.
"Please follow me." He said, walking down the corridor.
"Wait, what about us?!" Dylan protested, standing up. But Kaya placed her hand on his shoulder, holding him back.
"Just let Thomas go for now." She whispered. I followed the doctor, and he led me down long white corridors. The only thing heard was the echoes of my footsteps. The doctor suddenly stopped outside a room. Where Lucy was. I took in a trembling breath, and turned to face him.

"Mr Sangster, I am afraid that your friend, Miss Smith, has suffered from some serious head injuries." My heart felt like it had stopped beating.
"What? Is she....is she going to be alright?" I mumbled, looking the doctor in the eye, as if pleading.
"Well at the minute she is in stable condition, but I am not completely sure. We will run some more tests on her in the morning and let you know. But that wasn't the only thing I want to talk to you about."
"What? What's happened?" I asked. I already felt the tears begin to pour down my face.
"I am sorry to say this, I really am, and it will come as a shock to you, but that isn't the only thing that has happened to Miss Smith. She has gone blind in one eye."
___________________________

A/N I am really sorry that this chapter is so short, I just wanted to get that bit over with. I'm sorry that I had to do that to Lucy, and I'm not saying if that will be the only thing, but I really didn't want to write it! But I had to...so sorry guys...

Oh yeah and sorry, I CANNOT write emotional scenes and people's feelings, but I tried my best.

- MazeRunnerNewt01

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 4.3K 28
"I love you, Dylan. I love you more than you'll ever know." Thomas has been in love with his best friend for years now. He also secretly struggles w...
255K 5.8K 33
Meet Hannah Owen, she has been the best friend to actor Thomas Brodie-Sangster since she was extremely young but when Hannah moved out they lost cont...
21.8K 694 32
I wrote this when I was 13-14. I apologise for my immaturity and abundance of poor grammar and terrible plot twists. ® All rights reserved 2017 @Lily...
47.7K 1.5K 31
You know the story of the Maze Runner. Where you wake up in a box, with no memories, surrounded by fellow Gladers who have all been in the same predi...