the reluctant bride | dramione

By dramioneskingdom

"just let me kiss you" "okay" • i wrote this when i was 13 btw so don't judge More

A/N
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
e p i l o g u e
A/N
okay
AHHHHH
need a favour!!!

t w e n t y - s e v e n

21.5K 520 399
By dramioneskingdom

Hermione looked into the mirror. Her green dress fell to the floor. It had a diamond collar and she accessorised  with diamond jewellery. She felt like a princess.  Her hair was in waves and had an up-do at the back. Walking down the stairs she waited for Draco arrive.

DRACO POV
He ruffled his hair.  He slicked it back. He ruffled it. He slicked it back. Draco just couldn't decide which way to have it. He wore black robes with a emerald green tie, which unknowing to him, happened to be the exact shade as the beautiful girl downstairs' dress. Realising he was going to be late, he picked up the pace and ran down the stairs.

Hermione smiled at him and he stopped and stared. She had the most beautiful smile. She looks like a bloody goddess.

She walked up to him and lifted her hands to his face. For a slight moment he thought she was going to slap him, but then he felt her fingers run through his hair and he slowly melted inside. The breathe hitched in his throat as she whispered into his ear.
"I like it much better like this."
But then her hands had left his head and clutched his hand, and just like that they were gone in the blink of an eye.

THIRD POV

They arrived at the scene. The ball was being held in the Ministry of Magic. All around they could see all the couples, either dancing or talking to one another. The walls were decorated in some kind of ivy, which was slowly chagning colour. Hermione let go of Draco's hand, letting t fall to his side. She walked towards the front where she could see Harry.

"Hey Hermione, how are you?" Harry looked the same as she had last seen him; same messy hair, same scar, but his eyes were sunken in and he looked paler. He looked unwell.

"I'm very well thank you. I'm so sorry Harry. I feel so guilty for having talked to you in ages! Please say we're still friends!"

"Hermione." Her head was buried in the crook of his neck, her breath tickling down his spine. "You were going through a hard time and that's fine. I am just gIad I was there to comfort you." She lifted her head out of his grasp and gave him a weak smile.
"And of course we're still friends. You can't get rid of me that's easily!"

"Thank you. Can I just ask, who did you get paired with? I wasn't there to see Ginny getting sorted; I had to leave with Malfoy straight away."

"Well you only need've stayed one more person. I got partnered with Astoria ass."

Hermione's hand travelled to her mouth in shock. Her eyes widened at the thought of Ginny not being placed with Harry. They were like soulmates, they belonged together. What had gone wrong?

"I haven't seen Ginny since that day." His eyes crossed the room to only to find her on the arms of Theodore Nott, looking happy? She turned around and looked Harry directly in the face.

"Oh god she's coming over."

"I'll leave you two to it. Where's Ron?"

"Over there on that table."

Her heart stopped.

Ron was sat alone at a table, a champagne flute in his hand. They hadn't talked since they found out about the new law. She felt empty without him. She needed him back in her life.

"Hey...Ron."
He looked up at her with sad eyes.

"Hey Mione"

"How are things?" She slowly asked. She sat down next to him.

"If by things you mean her, then not so great."

"She's pretty."

"She's in the year above us. It's that girl Harry liked in 4th year.

"Cho Chang?" She spluttered in disbelief.

"Yeah. She's not so bad. How have you and... been?"
Hermione turned around and looked for Draco. She found him stood by Theodore Nott and his wife, Ginny. Harry had been distraught when he wasn't placed with her; he got Astoria Greengrass. She could see couples dotted about everywhere. Blaise stood by Luna, who was stood by Parvati and Goyle and Padma and Crabbe. Neville stood next to Romilda Vane, his face in a concerning struggle. Lavender and Cormac McLaggen stood sucking each other's faces off; each one trying to one up the other with more force.

"We've been kinda bad. He's alright to live with, more than caring. I just feel that he wants more from me, but I can't give him that."

A slow song began to play. Ron took Hermione by the hand and led her to the dance floor.

"Would you like to dance?"
Just like a teenage schoolgirl, she began to blush and took Ron's hand and put it on her waist.

"Well, I can't exactly say no can I?"

Hermione wrapped her arms around his neck and his around her waist. She laid her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.
However she could not see the man in the distance, angrily downing drink after drink. He walked over to Astoria and demanded she danced with him.

"Draco, what's wrong?"
He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer.

"I don't know Stori, I'm just angry. How is Potter?"

"We've gotten on all right so far. We've shared a few kisses but nothing more. I think he's still in love with Ginevra. I can't change anything about that."

"I think you're good for him."

"I sometimes wonder if I'm too good."

Behind Draco's back, Astoria could see Hermione walking over to Harry where Ginny had just left.

"Harry what did she say?"

"She doesn't love me anymore. She loves him. She's changed."

"Oh. I don't know what to say.

"Nott is just like Malfoy. You stay away from him Hermione. Please don't get attached. They're Slytherins. They're all messed up and evil and you promise me you'll stay away from him?"
Harry angrily downed 3 drinks and stuck his hand out for Hermione to shake.

"Granger would you like to dance?"
Her hair whipped around, almost hitting Draco in the face. She carefully looked back at Harry but he was already gone. 

"Uh..."

"Just come dance with me. Please?"

She gave him that dazzling smile which made him sick to the stomach.  She wrapped her arms around his neck, and he shivered,  sending goosebumps down his neck.
"What are you doing to me..." He whispered and to his luck, she didn't hear him.

"You know what Draco. I think we could be friends. If we really tried."

"Do you think we'll ever try?" He looked into her chocolate eyes.

"I don't know. Do you think we could?"

"I think it's an obstacle we could over come eventually. Oh god..."

"What?"

"Here comes Weasel"

"I don't want you talking about him like that. He's my best friend."

"Look I don't want you talking to him."
All Draco wanted to do right now was snog her senseless.

"I can do whatever the hell I want"

"No you can't- just come with me." He tried to pull her away but she stood her ground.

"No"

"Just come with me. Please?"

"Please will get you no where"
She glared at him. He gulped.

"I'm going to speak to him and you are going to act civilised and stand next to him. "

"Ron."

Ron was wearing a simple black tux and she couldn't help but think he was attractive.
"Hermione. Malfoy."

Draco coughed a fake cough and snaked his arm around Hermione's waist. She hit his hand and Ron noticed.

"Look Malfoy - can you just leave us for one minute?"

"No I'm stood here I'm not moving."

"Fine Hermione. Please come with me"

He lead her away as she looked back to see Draco slowly following her

"I don't think I'll ever get over you. You look gorgeous tonight as always. I'm so sorry I didn t say it sooner."

Draco was now stood directly behind Ron.

"Hermione, I still love you."

"Ron... I..."

"We're going home." Draco growled. "Now." He grabbed her wrist and pulled her away from the scene, leaving behind a slightly furious redhead.

--
I don't really like this chapter very much but oh well.
I feel like there should be some exciting news to tell you but there's nothing. Im
Really tired though so goodnight amigos

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 35.6K 109
As you can see by the title, this book is about Draco Malfoy! ✨ Started - 01/08/19 Finished - 20/03/21 I am very sorry about how cringe these imagine...
13.4K 263 22
Dramione fanfic and my first fanfic ever
8.7K 208 21
'Before he could give it another thought, Dahlia had leaned up, kissing desperately close to his lips, the corners essentially overlapping. It was de...
202K 6.1K 44
"I know how to make our lives a little easier! At least for now," She beamed, but then said with a straight face, "But, you need to trust me. Will yo...