Moonlit Snake // R.L. Maraude...

By dokyeomdotcom

It was Kelsey's fifth year at Hogwarts, she and her friends were all studying and getting ready for their O.W... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
Fifteen
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty

FIVE

1.8K 64 21
By dokyeomdotcom

*EDITED*

Kelsey

-

-

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I've missed it so much, I thought, looking upon the castle as the carriages taking us from the train brings back many memories.

I sighed and sit back in my seat as Andromeda and Lily gossiped. Andromeda and Ted were holding hands while Regulas sat next to me. He seemed very deep in thought, it was almost concerning. Lily was talking about some cute Sixth Year Ravenclaw, causing me to raise an eyebrow at her.

"Oh please Kelsey, you can't expect me to fall for Potter, right? He's absolutely vile. Especially how he treats Severus..." She trailed off about her male best friend.

None of us was overly fond of Severus, I found him rather strange. A greasy-haired boy with a hooked nose, everyone knew he was in love with Lily... Except for Lily that is. 

After about thirty minutes, we finally arrived in front of the castle and clambered out onto the magnificent steps toward the Great Hall.

"Thank god we're out of that carriage, one more minute by a Half-blood freak, and I would've died." I heard Bellatrix cackle behind me, but before I got in major trouble for using the Cruciatus Curse, I kept walking toward the Great Hall.

"I'll see you later," I told and Lily as we parted ways to go to our appropriate tables. 

Andromeda and I headed toward the Slytherin table which was on the opposite side of the Great Hall from Gryffindor. In order from left to right, the tables were Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Gryffindor. Luckily I had most of my classes with Gryffindor's, so I always saw Lily anyway.

I walked toward where Regulas was sitting and sat down next to him, and Andromeda sat across from me. I could tell she was gazing at Ted who left us to go sit with his fellow Hufflepuffs. Narcissa came in with Lucius and both sat next to Regulas. Bellatrix and Rodolphus Lestrange sat across from them. 

"Hello, Cissy." I tried being nice to her, giving her a smile, which surprisingly enough she returned. 

Lucius and Regulas were in a deep conversation about Quidditch which shocked me. I never thought Lucius liked it.

"Hello, Kelsey. Did you have a good summer?" she asked me.

"Yes, I did, thank you. Did you as well?" She nodded in return about to ask me something else when Professor McGonagall walked through the doors to the Great Hall leading a pack of first years behind her.

I always loved the sorting. It was so much fun to watch kids go to their Houses, whether they liked them or not. I've seen about five First Years in my life sorted into Slytherin and wanting to be Ravenclaw's, or Gryffindor's, we normally just ignore them until they're used to Slytherin. Well, the majority of Slytherins ignore them even after they're used to it, but not all of us. I for one do not, that's probably why I was picked to be a Prefect.

Professor McGonagall explained to the kids that when she called their names they would come and sit on the stool putting the Sorting Hat on their head so their house would be picked.

"Alastor, DavidW" was the first name called out and a boy with short brown hair walked up.

He didn't seem nervous like most First Years were. I felt Regulas move closer to me and whisper in my ear.

"He's not nervous, I say either Slytherin or Gryffindor." I could hear the smirk in his voice.

He and I had this game we've played since he came to Hogwarts. Every time a confident first year went up, and surprisingly there have been quite a few, we would call what House he, or she, would be put in. I turned and looked at him.

"I say Slytherin." I smiled back and turned to the kid.

The Sorting Hat yelled out his house.

"Better be, Gryffindor!" I round of applause came from Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw while the Gryffindor's screamed their heads off congratulating the kid. 

The Slytherins remained quiet, and after the Sorting was done each house had new members. Slytherin gained about twelve, Ravenclaw ten, Hufflepuff ten, and Gryffindor fourteen. Soon the Sorting ended and the welcome feast started. everyone dug into whatever they could grab especially Crabbe and Goyle and unfortunately Regulas as well. I've visited the Black's before and whenever Regulas eats around them he's always neat and proper and it's weird, at school he eats well, like a boy.

"Reg, you're disgusting," I told him and I heard Narcissa and Andromeda choke on their pumpkin juice.

"What?" he shrugged and swallowed what was in his mouth. "Quidditch starts in a week and a half and I have to bulk up." And with that being said he started stuffing his face again and just shook my head.

Soon the feast had ended Dumbledor gave his famous 'welcome back' speech explaining to the first years the Forbidden Forest was off-limits, and some shit Filch complained about before we all got here. Then, finally, he told us to head off to bed. finally, it was time for Regulas and me to bring the First Years to their new dormitories.

We told them to wait until every other Slytherin had left so they wouldn't get trampled but Regulas seemed to find it funny if they did which resulted in me elbowing him in his stomach. He kissed me goodbye and headed off to the dorms as Barty walked up to me. 

"Alright come on everyone! Barty, why don't you take up the rear?" I asked him, and he nodded. 

We led the First Years down the hall towards the dungeons, which was where the Slytherin dormitories were located. We stopped in front of a brick wall which was the entrance to the Common Room.

"Okay so this is the entrance to our Common Room and to make sure you don't walk to the wrong wall look for these," I pointed to both the knights on either side of me which had the Slytherin Crest on their chest.

"Got it?" I asked them and they all nodded. 

I turned back to the door. 

"Pureblood," I told it and the brings started to fold back into one another until there was a large rectangular opening.

I turned back around to see a bunch of First Years starting in shock at what just happened. I chuckled.

"That is the password to get into this Common Room okay? Don't tell anyone else, alright?" and they all nodded again. "Follow me."

I led them into the Common Room. The common room is a dungeon-like room with green lamps and chairs. This dungeon extends a bit under the lake, giving the light in the room a green tinge. The common room has lots of low backed black and dark green button-tufted, leather sofas; skulls; and dark wood cupboards. It has quite a grand atmosphere, but also quite a cold one. It is decorated with tapestries featuring the adventures of famous Medieval Slytherins. When we walked in I saw that there were a few students lingering on the couches talking and I figured they were just friends catching up so I let them be.

"Okay, so left hallway is the boy's dormitories, go walk that way and you should see a sign that says 'First Years' that's your room. Girl's the right hallways leads to your dormitories, it's the same as the boys, but they can't get into them."

"I would know, I've tried." I heard Regulas say walking up to me as we the First Years stared up at me. 

"All of you off to bed! Your first day is tomorrow. You'll find all your belongings there already." And then they were off and Regulas and I went to sit on the couches when I saw Narcissa and Andromeda leaving the girls dormitories. I saw Barty leave to go to what I assumed would be his dorm. 

"Hey, guys!" I waved at them, Narcissa said her goodbyes to Dromeda, then went out of the Common Room. 

"Where's she off to?" I asked as she joined us on the couches by the fire. 

"I guess Slughorn fucked up her schedule or something, she has to go fix it," Dromeda said.

Regulas and Narcissa were in the same year, while Andromeda was in mine. Bellatrix, being the oldest was starting her last year here, along with Lucius Malfoy. 

"Gotcha," was all I said, as I laid my head on Regulas' shoulder.

"You need to sleep." He said and I nodded. 

"This is where I leave you, my dear," I said in a mock posh accent.

"Until later," he said back in an equally as bad accent and we laughed. 

He wrapped his arms around my waist, and kissed the side of my head, as I got up to go to my dorm. Andromeda followed suit. 

"Good night Kelsey," he said. "Andromeda."

She nodded at him and walked past me to our room. 

"Good night Reg," I whispered back and he kissed me. 

It was a sweet kiss not lasting any longer than needed. when we pulled away I gave him a small smile then went to my room, waving at him before I headed to my dorm, on the door it said "Fifth Years."

I saw my four-poster bed, causing me to squeal with joy and jumped onto my bed giggling into my pillow.

I was happy to be home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 3K 45
"Y/n, I will always be here for you." "Promise?" "I promise." ~*𓃦*~ Going to Hogwarts was something Y/n Black had been looking forward to her ent...
36.6K 1.2K 86
LONG FIC // COMPLETE Fifth Year has rolled around for the Marauders at Hogwarts. However, this year is a bit different because a certain Marauder; Ja...
69 0 6
"I apologise, Miss Malfoy." The hat said only to her before it shouted out, "Gryffindor!" for the rest of the hall to hear. Professors and students w...
39.7K 963 23
!This was discontinued until I posted the rest of the pre-written chapters. Many are unedited so forgive me! 7th year (Y/N) Black. Sirius's Older si...