The Monster

Por The_Dark_Lady_

Novia Mace has spent the majority of her life in a prison cell, only to be taken out for short tests. Some ca... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Epilogue

Prologue

462 28 1
Por The_Dark_Lady_

I scribbled numbers on the paper and slammed down my pencil.

"Done!" I cried. The scientist walked over and picked up the paper. He studied the problems and scratched his head, checking my work.

"Yep, good job," he said putting it back down.

"Can I do harder problems? Those were easy," I said. He shook his head.

"I don't want your brain to overload," he said. I sighed. The front door to the laboratory slammed open. We were in the library at the top floor.

"Who is that?" I asked, trembling. The scientist gave me a quick hug.

"Don't worry, my dear. I'll check it out. Stay here," he said. He had a henchman, Oliver, who was always so quiet. The scientist walked down the stairs. I heard shouting.

"What are you doing here?" the scientist demanded. I heard a gunshot. I scrambled under the table. He was dead. Someone stomped up the stairs. He pulled out the chair and tossed across the room.

"Where are you? Come out before I flush you out!" he roared. I sneezed. I crouched under the table in horror as the man looked down and saw me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me out painfully. I was wearing shorts, so my legs were burned as they were dragged quickly against the carpet. I stood up and the man pulled me down the stairs. I saw the scientist laying on the floor, snoring. He was alive. I let out a sigh of relief.

"What is it, beast? Happy that your old man is dead?" the guy asked harshly.

"He's alive, dimwit!" I snapped. I was shoved out the door while the scientist was carried out. He was a small man with grey hair. His name was Xavier, but I didn't like calling him anything but the scientist, since that is what he works as, a scientist. And he made it perfectly clear he didn't want to be called 'Dad'.

I was shoved into a white van. There was glass separating me from the men. They had their guns pointing at me in case I tried anything stupid. I bet I had a higher IQ than all of these men, combined. When we stopped, I was shoved out and led to a jail cell. I was being imprisoned?! What for?!

"What did I do?!" I shrieked, "I didn't do anything!" They laughed and I was shoved in roughly and the door slammed shut ominously. I rested on the white cot in the back. I heard another cell door shut. Followed by an explosion. I heard men screaming at each other, asking what happened. I shut my eyes and I thought bitter thoughts. He was gone. My creator was gone. He self-destructed. Great. Now I was alone.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

842K 27.6K 40
. Three years. It had been three years since he'd been taken, experimented on, had his DNA altered and became a freak of nature. He knew be...
654 11 9
COMPLETE Living in a secret facility that tortures and experiments on people for more than 5 years, Lucia finally gets to see daylight again and peo...
2.2M 84.6K 200
Sia Wright and her family gets murdered by the people whom she never thought would go that far to kill her and her family. But before her death she...
525 31 12
"We really need to run, Alice," It said. It sounded masculine- a voice I did not recognize. I was shocked. How did he know my name? Who was this pers...