Red Right Hand (Scream and Sc...

By jinx1996

Kali Riley is a survivor. A survivor of a series of brutal murders that shocked a nation. When her boyfriend... More

Happy Halloween! :)
Red Right Hand
Prologue - Razor Sharp
Chapter 2 - Family Reunion
Chapter 3 - Gale Weathers, Live
Chapter 4 - Deja Vu
Chapter 5 - Interogated
Chapter 6 - I Love You
Chapter 7 - Poor Judgement
Chapter 8 - The Last Time
Chapter 9 - The Rules
Chapter 10 - Phone Call
Chapter 11 - Lost Ones
Chapter 12 - Running
Chapter 13 - History Repeating
Chapter 14 - The Death Of Love
Chapter 15 - Waking Up
Epilogue - Trial
The Screams and the Ghostfaces
Sequel?

Chapter 1 - Stab

5.8K 91 26
By jinx1996

This is based on 'Scream' and 'Scream 2'. I am basically interlocking both movies into this one book with the use of extensive flashbacks. The timelines might not meet up with the movie exactly (e.g. I'm giving it three years between 'Scream' and 'Scream 2', whereas in the movies it's only two), but it shouldn't matter, it works either way.

I describe what happened in the first movie so if you've seen it, which you probably have, then you'll probably want to skip it, but I recommend you don't as it does have Kali's story in there as well. Just in case though I did bold the important parts and I will have flashbacks. The flashbacks will be written in italics.

Three Years Later.

The cinema buzzed with excitement, the movie everyone had been anticipating for two years was finally screening - 'Stab.' Half the audience believed it to be just another slasher film, but the other half knew its true origins.

"It's not just a movie, Sam." A young girl turned on her boyfriend, complaining after he had dragged her to see the new release. "It's a true story."

"Oh, bullshit. You shouldn't believe everything you read, Emma." He counteracted.

"It's not bullshit; I've met some of the survivors, they go to our college! Three years ago, in Woodsboro, two eighteen-year-old boys went on a killing spree." The girl began her story, explaining it to her boyfriend with a sense of pride over knowing something he didn't. "Billy Loomis and Stu Macher had murdered five people, six including the mother of Billy's girlfriend, Sidney, a year before that. Billy's motive had been a form of revenge; Sidney Prescott's mother had been having an affair with his father and as a result Billy's mother had moved out and abandoned him. He blamed Maureen Prescott and had peer pressured his best friend Stu into killing her with him. It would have stopped at that, but they had so much fun doing it that they started again a year later. This time targeting Sidney and anyone close to her, planning on pinning it on Sidney's father, Neil."

"You're so gullibly. Whoever you met is probably just attention seeking." He said with a roll of his eyes.

"Excuse me Mr. Know-It-All, but my source is the roommate of two of the survivors. You know Hallie from my Lit class, well her roommates are Kali Riley and Sidney Prescott, you would have seen them around campus. Sidney was Billy's girlfriend, obviously, and Kali was Stu's."

"Alright, how about you tell me this supposed true story and if it matches up with the movie that we are about to be the first to see, then I'll believe you."

Emma rolled her eyes at her boyfriend's stubbornness, but continue with the tale nonetheless. "They first killed Stu's ex girlfriend, Casey, and her boyfriend, Steven. Stu and Casey hadn't dated in about two and half years and he'd been with Kali for most of that time, but they were just the warm up. Next was Mr Himbry, the Principal of their high-school."

"Oooh, the Principal, no-one ever likes them."

"Sam, shut up, let me finish." She cut him off. "His death was because they needed a distraction for later on. A curfew had been set in place and Stu had arranged a party at his house for the night to get everyone together while his parents were away. The Principal's death acted as a distraction to get most of the people out of his house so he and Billy could focus on the important ones, but during the party Billy killed Tatum Riley, Kali's twin sister, in the garage when she went to get more drinks. It was after that when the house got a call saying the principal had been murdered and hung from a goal post at the football field. Everyone ran out, wanting to see it before they pulled him down, but Sidney, Kali and their friend Randy didn't leave. They hadn't found Tatum yet and her and Kali's brother, Dewey - who was a cop, was outside with Gale Weathers the news reporter and author. She wrote a book on Maureen's death and was looking for another story. Billy pulled Sidney away, leaving Kali, Randy and Stu watching a movie. Eventually Kali got up to look for her sister, despite Stu saying she had probably just bailed with the others. Stu got up to help her look and he came up with the idea that they should split up. He said he'd look inside and she should go outside, believing that Tatum's body was in the garage, but Stu didn't know that when Billy had killed her she had tried to escape through the cat flap in the garage door so when Kali was outside looking around the house she came across her sisters body hanging in the open door."

"Right, because that sounds believable. Who the hell tries to crawl through a cat flap?" Sam mused.

Emma gave Sam a stern look and proceeded, "When Kali ran someone came up behind her and knocked her out. Stu told Randy that Tatum had past out in a guest room and Kali was with her, making sure she didn't throw up her alcohol in her sleep. Stu then went upstairs and put on the infamous Ghostface outfit that they always wore when killing so that he could fake Billy's death with Sidney watching. Sidney managed to jump out of a window and get away; running to the news van out he front, but Dewey and Gale weren't there. Stu followed and killed Kenny, Gale's cameraman and Sidney then locked herself in a car. Dewey and Gale had found Sidney's father's car parked in the bush down the road and immediately thought he was the one behind everything so they ran back to the house. Dewey went around the back while Gale went to her van and found Kenny. She tried to take off in the car, but crashed while Stu stabbed Dewey in the back inside the house. Randy was wondering around, looking for everyone who had seemed to disappear on him when he found Tatum and an unconscious Kali. Because of what Stu had said he immediately suspected him and went to find Sidney. Stu by then had taken off the costume and Sidney had come out of the car and went to run inside when Randy and Stu both came up behind her. Not knowing who to trust, she locked them both outside. Billy then stumbled downstairs, appearing to be half dead, but still alive. He let Randy inside and then shot him in the shoulder as Stu came around the back and they then revealed everything they had done to Sidney, including her mother's death. They had her father held captive in one of the rooms and pulled him out, but Gale had survived the crash and recovered, coming into the house. Billy knocked her out and while they were distracted Sidney grabbed her father and ran. Billy ran around frantically trying to look for her and that's when Kali woke up. Billy told Stu to deal with it and that's when she realised that it had been them behind the killings. She tried to run, but Stu caught up and stabbed her in the stomach. She fell to the ground and Stu knelt over her. When he went to finish the job she drove a shard of glass from a broken beer bottle through his neck. She had picked it up in the garage after she found her sisters body. Stu died and she passed out. Sidney eventually caught Billy by surprise and shot him. Randy lived, Dewey survived his stab wound and so did Kali, barely. After that Gale wrote the book on the murders and a year later Hollywood contacted her about movie rights."

"So why didn't Stu just kill Kali when she was knocked out?" Sam asked curiously.

"I don't know. I heard the story from Hallie not one of the survivors." Emma shrugged as her and Sam finally reached the front of the line up outside the cinema where they bought their tickets and the lady in the booth handed them their free gifts from the Stab studio; a Ghostface costume.

Behind where the young couple had been standing in line was another couple; Maureen Evans and Phil Stevens. Phil, much like Sam had done, had dragged his girlfriend to see the scary movie. Maureen gave Phil an accusing look, the both of them having heard the tail Emma had told.

"See, now you know what happens, so lets go see Sandra Bullock." Maureen stated, not looking forward to seeing the movie her boyfriend had chosen.

"Nobody wants to pay $7.50 to see some Sandra Bullock shit... unless she's naked." Phil shrugged.

"Oh, but you will sit through a movie called 'Stab'?"

"It's the adrenaline, Maureen. It's good to be scared. It's primal. You know what I'm sayin'?" Maureen rolled her eyes as they were handed their 'Stab' souvenirs and then made their way to the cinema, pushing through the crowd to get to their seats as the movie began and the song 'Red Right Hand' by Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds played out through the speakers.

It was barely five minutes into the movie when Phil decided he needed to go to the bathroom, leaving Maureen who was less then impressed.

Phil was standing in the stall of the bathroom, about to close the door when he heard whispering coming from the one over.

"I didn't mean it. I didn't mean it." The voice was saying as if he was on the phone in the cubical. "I swear. I swear. I'll be good. Please, don't, Mummy." Phil became very confused by the strange interaction in the stall next to him, but also somewhat amused as he leant closer to the wall to hear the voice more clearly. "I'll tell you. Really. I'll tell you, Mummy. I'll tell you why I did it." He was saying. "Listen, mummy, listen."

As Phil pressed his ear against the wall, a knife plunged through the wood, lodging itself in the side of his head. Phil tried to run, but his body gave up on him as he fell to the ground.

Ghostface came out of his stall, pulling Phil's body back inside and shutting the door before taking off the black Ghostface robes, but leaving on the mask, and putting on Phil's jacket. He snuck back out of the bathroom and headed to the cinema, finding Maureen in the crowd and sitting down next to her.

"Baby, give it up." She said, looking over whom she thought to be her boyfriend in the souvenir mask.

The killer sat their calmly for some time, watching the screen as Maureen cowered into his arm, not wanting to watch the gore in front of her.

Her hands wrapped around his brown leather jacket, a strange wet substance that was almost warm coating her hands. She pulled back a little, bringing her hands slightly into the light to see crimson red. She looked back to her boyfriend, doubting whether or not is was actually him before he pulled out a knife. Her scream was drowned out by the excited 'Stab' fans around her as the knife was driven into her abdomen.

Maureen got to her feet and tried to run in a desperate attempt to get away, but the killer came up behind her, stabbing her again. People surrounded her, but none made a move to intervene, each believing it was some kind of publicity stunt. Maureen made her way to the front of the cinema, the crowd now going silent, doubting their original thoughts as she let out one last scream and collapsed to the ground, Ghostface now gone.

***

The next morning.

Kali Riley sighed as she rolled over, waking up from a deep sleep that was long overdue. She hadn't been sleeping well the past few nights, mainly because of the release of 'Stab.' It was one thing to have Gale right a book about what had happened, but a movie was a whole other ball game. The thought of people acting out what her and her friends had been through was disturbing enough, but sneak peaks and clips of the highly anticipated movie were all over the TV, some of which were cute scenes between the characters "Stu" and "Kali." Of course they hadn't bothered to change the names.

Considering last night was the official first screening of the film, Kali's boyfriend had insisted that she stay in his dorm room for the night to avoid any possible prank phone calls and maybe get a decent sleep and it had worked. Only as she rolled over she discovered that he wasn't lying next to her.

It was only when she looked at the clock that she realised why. It was almost 10am, Mickey's morning Film Theory class would almost be over by now. Guess she really did need the sleep.

It was a month after the Woodsboro murders that Kali, Sidney and Randy graduated high school. Considering what they had been through the three of them made a pact to try and all go to the same college and stay close, which resulted in them finding a school a decent way away from their home town. Dewey, Kali's brother, hated it and so did her parents, especially after the loss of Tatum, but she needed to get away from that town.

As soon as summer vacation was over, the three of them picked up and moved to Windsor College. Kali was studying creative writing and doing a bit of screenplay on the side while Sidney was studying theatre and was at the top of her acting class and then there was Randy who was just studying film in general. It was through Randy that Kali met Mickey.

Randy and Mickey were in a few of the same classes, such as film theory, and within the first month of college life Randy had introduced them. Of course they weren't dating right away as Kali had some understandable trust issues, but when Randy told Mickey the story he became completely understanding and for the first six months they were just close friends.

It was when Sidney told her that the best way to get past what happened was to move on that Kali decided to take the next step. Eighteen months later was when Mickey introduced Derek to the group and he and Sidney immediately hit it off, but of course Kali had to give Sidney the same speech she had given her.

It was now three years after the Woodsboro murders and Derek and Sid had been together for about 10 months and Kali and Mickey for two and a half years.

Kali slowly got to her feet and made her way to the bathroom. The best thing about Mickey's dorm was that he had it all to himself, with his own bathroom and even a small kitchen. It was essentially a small loft apartment. There was only about ten of them in the school. Mickey was on a scholarship and he used the money he would be paying for fees on his dorm room, which had become Kali's hide out. She shared a room with Sidney and a girl named Hallie, who was now part of their circle of friends, and it could get very cramped at times so she'd often just wander to Mickey's dorm whether he was there or not as he had given her a key.

After she had showered and gotten changed, Kali made her exit to find the hallways buzzing with gossip, more so than usual.

"Did you hear? Maureen Evans and Phil Stevens were murdered last night." Kali heard someone say in a hushed whisper to a friend as she walked past.

"Yeah, at the cinema." She heard another person whisper a little further down the corridor.

Her stomach was turning in knots and a few strange looks that some of the other students were giving her didn't go unnoticed. Not everyone knew about her past, but some did and they knew what the 'Stab' movie was really about. It didn't take a genius to work out that Maureen and Phil were killed while going to see the new release.

Kali picked up the pace and after a few more unbearable glances and more gory details that were overheard she finally made it out of the building and begun to head straight to her dorm room, hoping to find Sidney, but her best friend met her halfway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 3.5K 20
[Billy loomis x female oc x Stu Macher] - poly relationship ---------------------- Cassie Prescott is the sister of Sidney prescott. Cassie was the o...
635K 21.7K 16
[ ๐’๐‚๐‘๐„๐€๐Œ ๐ฑ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘ ] โ›๐™‹๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข๐™ž๐™จ๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช'๐™ก๐™ก ๐™—๐™š ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ค๐™™?โœ Death is the one thing that has ever remained constant in your life. Slo...
38.5K 746 11
madison lopez and billy loomis were the power couple of woodsboro high, he was her protector from anything and anyone. then people started getting mu...
44.7K 1.4K 16
It's been over 2 years since Ghostface attacked the peaceful town of Woodsboro, and your life has significantly changed. Now you're a mother to your...