Silhouette

By iLuvChad

One radio contest. One concert. One hello. One date. One tragedy. A lot of love. That's all it takes to buil... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
abuse accident adam adamyoung adult ahh alone alphabet amazing anime anorexia applebees art artist asdfjkl avery awkward beautiful bed blah book bored breakfast breanna breanne burgers butt butter call car carnival celebrity charlie cheeks children city coffee concert cookie cop court crash crazy crying daniel death depressed depression destruction die direction directioner distance dream drive drunk duren education emergency epic exams face fair fan fanfic fear ferris fic finals fire fireflies fly food football freak free freshman games giraffe girlfriend gold grade guitar guy happy hard harry hate hatred hello help high hippo home hospital hunger hungry idk innocent instruments interesting ipad iphone ipod itunes japan jasper job judge jump keyboard kid kill late learning liam lies life lighter llama lol lonely louis love maddie makes mall manga match matt melanie mental midnight mom murder music musical mustang nba nerd nerdlove new niall night one owatonna owen owl pancake pankake parents penguin perform performance phone piano poem police popcorn pretzel proposal propose random read reliant restaraunt resteraunt revelation romance romantic room sad sadness saltwater scared scary school sense shadow shooting shopping silhouette sing singing sleep smelly sobbing something song sophia stage star starbucks stars steve store story stupid suicide talent teen teenager tell text texting tie tired tree truth twilight twins twitter unicorns van vanilla violence wheel wild window wisconsin work write writing yeah young zayne

Chapter 25

355 20 9
By iLuvChad

I tugged at the bottom of the dress Adam had purchased for me, willing it to be longer. It fell mid thigh, and was probably considered decent by some girls. However, I was not one of those girls who enjoyed showing off their bodies. I felt awkward and exposed. 

The door downstairs opened, and a cheerful voices immediately filled the room. I sighed. I just needed to go downstairs. I would be fine.

I sauntered down the stairs, still tugging slightly at the orange flowered fabric. I adjusted the grey sweater I was wearing, making sure I looked alright. I wanted to make a good impression on Adam's friends and band mates.

"Maddie!" Adam exclaimed as I reached the bottom, embracing me in a large hug and spinning me in a circle. I squirmed under his impact, laughing the whole time. I looked at the people who were now staring at me. They were familiar faces. I didn't know them all by name, but I knew I had seen them before. The one girl stepped forward. She had blond hair that fell in waves, and was wearing a light blue dress, the same length as mine. 

She stuck a hand out. "Hi Maddie, I'm Breanne," she said sweetly. I shook her hand and lended her a smile.

One of the three guys standing there sprinted forwards towards me and picked me up, running away with me under his arm. I struggled and yelped.

"Ha, Adam, I got your girl!" he said.

Adam chuckled from behind me as the man ran to the corner, set me down on the ground, and guarded me protectively.

"Daniel, don't scare her," another guy said.

"Aw Steve, I'm just having fun," he complained, running a hand through his light brown hair. 

I stood to my feet, and smoothed out my dress casually. "Nah, I'm not afraid," I assured. 

Adam walked up to where Daniel and I were standing and put an arm around me consolingly. "Go easy on her," he warned Daniel. Daniel waved us off, and took a seat at the kitchen table, making himself at home. 

"So that's Daniel, you met Breanne, that one's Steve," he explained, pointing at the guy who had defended me, "And that's Jasper," he concluded, pointing at the quieter guy who hadn't said much throughout the ordeal. He offered me a smile. 

"I'm the mature one," Jasper informed. 

Adam rolled his eyes. "Guys, we all know I'm the mature one of the group."

I scoffed. "You? Yeah right!" I joked, causing everyone else to laugh. 

"Can we just eat?" Daniel yelled from the table, slamming his fists down on it. 

"I'll order the pizza," Steve offered. 

"I'll grab the plates," Breanne said, whisking off towards the kitchen.

"I brought soda," Jasper bragged, gesturing to the three different two liter bottles he had sitting in the corner.

"I'll sit here!" Daniel exclaimed happily. 

Adam chuckled. "That's all Daniel ever does," he muttered. 

"Kid! I'm the glue of the band!" he argued. 

"I think that's Adam," Breanne chimed in, walking back in the room with a pile of plates. 

Steve hung up his iPhone. "Alright, pizza's coming. Who's paying?"

Four hands pointed at Daniel. Daniel pointed at Adam, and I sat there not knowing quite what to do. "What?" Daniel exclaimed. "I always pay!"

"That's because you owe us," Jasper said, rolling his eyes. 

"Owe you for what?" Daniel shot back, eyes narrowing. 

"For babysitting you?" Adam suggested. 

"Guys, seriously, I think we're scaring Maddie," Breanne said, quieting all the guys down.

I chuckled, and shook my head at the group. It was obvious that they all got along well. 

"Yeah, let's just sit," Steve offered, each of us grabbing a chair at the kitchen table. 

"So Maddie, are you into music?" Jasper asked, popping open a can of Coke.

I nodded. "Yeah, I play guitar a little," I admitted shyly.

Adam snorted. "A little? Trust me, guys, she's like a guitar goddess. She can play just about anything she puts her mind to. And she sings. Her voice is beautiful, and high, like Breanne's."

I blushed. "Sh-shut up," I stammered.

Breanne smiled at me. "Is she going to join us?" she asked.

"Yeah!" Daniel pipped in. "Imagine how cool we would sound with two background female voices, and two guitars! And then I can pick on her whenever I want!"

"Guys, I think she's too scared of us," Steve joked. "You really think she would even want to tour with us?"

"Yeah, when are you guys touring next?" I asked, the thought just entering into my head. 

"We're not doing any official tours for a while, but we have a few gigs here and there coming up," Jasper informed me. He pulled out his phone and scrolled down on a few things. "In fact, we're playing in New York City in two weeks."

I looked at Adam fearfully. What would I do without him? What if Owen came back? What if he found me? I wouldn't have Adam to protect me. Adam looked at me, and it was almost as if he could read exactly what i was thinking at that moment. 

"Don't worry, Maddie will be joining us. She's in danger alone. I'm not leaving her," Adam stated firmly.

Breanne's eyebrows furrowed together. "Danger? What sort of danger?"

I looked down sheepishly. "A crazy ex who tried to kill me in the past, somehow got off the hook, and is now on the loose."

Jasper gasped, and Daniel jumped to his feet. He sprinted to my chair and wrapped his arms around me. "I'll save you, Maddie. No crazy ex is touching you. Ever. You're mine."

I laughed, and tried to wriggle away, but his grip tightened. 

"Actually," Adam said, "Maddie belongs to me." He pulled at Daniel's arm, but Daniel persisted. 

"No! Mine!" He snapped, squeezing tighter than I thought humanly possible. Suddenly, breathing became a difficult task, and I squirmed even more. 

"Well don't kill the poor girl," Steve exclaimed, rushing to Daniel and wrestling him away. As soon as the pressure was released from my lungs, I breathed in a huge gasp of air. I panted for a few seconds before realizing everyone's eyes were on me. I grinned shyly. "It's all good," I confirmed. 

Adam rolled his eyes. "Anyway.. yeah, Maddie will be coming with us. Wherever we go."

"Wait, so is this the girl you saved when she jumped from the burning building?" Breanne asked, leaning forward on the table excitedly.

Adam blushed. "Well... yeah, that would be Maddie."

"And that would be my crazy ex who set fire to my apartment," I scoffed.

A large smile plastered itself on Breanne's face. "That's adorable! I told you that you would end up with that girl!" 

Adam's blush turned deeper. Jasper chuckled. "Adam, why do you always blush when we talk about a girl?"

I chuckled, and ruffled Adam's hair. "He's just a little shy boy," I cooed. 

He pushed me away, laughing slightly. "That's me."

"So we should probably practice with Maddie, then," Steve said thoughtfully. 

My eyes widened. "Wait, you guys actually think I'm playing with you?" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, why not," Daniel piped in.

"I'd love to perform with another girl! You get sick of all guys after a while," Breanne muttered.

"Yeah, I bet Maddie would be a great addition!" Jasper cheered.

This time, I blushed. "Guys, I'm not-"

"Don't you dare say you're not good," Adam interrupted, grabbing my hand. "You're amazing."

"I'm not that good," I said quietly.

"I bet you're great," Breanne said. I turned to face her, and she was smiling sweetly. "You just seem like you'll fit in with us. Please join us."

"Here," Adam said, rushing to the living room. He came back with a shining red wood acoustic guitar in his hands. He reached a hand out towards me. "Show them what you can do." 

I grudgingly took the guitar. "I'm not playing by myself," I informed the group. 

"Of course not," Breanne said, walking towards the piano in the living room. "Everyone in here," she instructed.

The rest of us filed into the living room, each of us claiming a spot. Steve pulled drum sticks out of his pocket, and Jasper and Daniel broke off, rushing downstairs. They each came back up with a black guitar case and some cords. Daniel pulled out a bass, and Jasper an electric guitar. They each plugged into a different amp. Then, they looked at me expectingly.

"What do you expect me to play?" I questioned. 

"Ah yes, music," Adam reminded himself, rushing to the kitchen, and returning with sheet music, which he thrusted towards me. I rolled my eyes, but accepted the music anyway, setting it on the arm of the couch so I could see it. 

"Volume low, boys," Adam told Jasper and Daniel. "Not performing level again." His eyes narrowed at Daniel, who grinned sheepishly.

"Hey, I forgot that one time," he defended.

"Yeah, but you didn't make an effort to change it," Jasper teased. 

He rolled his eyes, turning the volume down on the amp before strumming a quick chord. "This good for you, Young?" he asked.

Adam nodded. "Perfect. And Maddie, we want to here you sing, too. You'll do back up vocals with Breanne."

I raised an eyebrow. "Now I'm singing, too?"

"Yes, you're singing," Breanne confirmed. "I would love to sing with another female voice."

I rolled my eyes. "W-whatever."

"Want me to start?" Breanne offered, getting her fingers ready.

"Wait, I need a guitar, too," Adam mumbled, reaching behind the piano to grab yet another guitar.

"Do you just have an unlimited supply of guitars?" I questioned in awe. 

He grinned. "I have my fair share."

"He has more than his fair share," Jasper grumbled. 

"Yeah, I've only got like, ten," Daniel complained.

I raised an eyebrow. "I had one. And it was cheap," I told them.

"Can we stop arguing about guitars and play something? I've gotta hear Maddie's work," Steve decided. 

Breanne sighed. "Children," she muttered, getting her hands in position on the piano. "Song?"

Adam pulled up a chair from the kitchen and plopped it down right next to the couch I was sitting on. He leaned over and looked at the music he gave me. "Uh, Shooting Star," he said.

Breanne smiled. "Great. I love that one."

Breanne's fingers began moving, playing the beginning of a familiar tune. I followed along with the arrangement on the sheet, coming in at exactly the same time as Adam. He looked at me and nodded, giving me the go to do my own pattern. It was quite simple. I played the same chords as Adam, but we would be would be plucking different strings at different times in order to produce a more unique sound. 

I did just so. It sounded pretty cool. However, cool wouldn't get me to perform with Owl City. I needed to bring something different. And though I was nervous, I really wanted to be able to perform with them. It was my life long dream to perform professionally. 

I then played the same chords that were written in the music, but moved them up two steps. I was playing all the high notes, and they rang out beautifully. I glanced up briefly, and caught Jasper's smiling eye. "Good job," he mouthed, looking back down at his own playing. 

"Close your tired eyes, relax and then count from one to ten, and open them. All these heavy thoughts, will try to weigh you down."

"But not this time," Breanne and I sang with him. He looked at me and smiled, almost as if he was surprised that I actually sang along. 

"Way up in the air, you're finally free, and you can stay up there. Right next to me. All this gravity, will try to weigh you down."

"But not this time," we sang again. 

"When the sun goes down and the lights burn out, then it's time for you to shine. Brighter than a shooting star So shine no matter where you are Fill the darkest night with a brilliant light'Cause its time for you to shine Brighter than a shooting star So shine no matter where you are... tonight"

"Woah, Woah, Woah"

"Brighter than a shooting star Shine no matter where you are... tonight"

"Gaze into my eyes when the fire starts And fan the flame so hot it melts our hearts Oh, the pouring rain will try to put it out,"

"But not this time."

"Let your colors burn and brightly burstInto a million sparks that all disperseAnd illuminate a world that will try to bring you down,"

"but not this time."

"When the sun goes down and the lights burn out Then it's time for you to shine Brighter than a shooting star So shine no matter where you are Fill the darkest night with a brilliant light'Cause its time for you to shine Brighter than a shooting star So shine no matter where you are... tonight"

"Woah, Woah, Woah"

"Brighter than a shooting star Shine no matter where you are... tonight"

"A thousand heartbeats beat in time And makes this dark planet come alive. So when the lights flicker out tonight You gotta shine"

"When the sun goes down and the lights burn out Then it's time for you to shine Brighter than a shooting star So shine no matter where you are. Fill the darkest night with a brilliant light'Cause its time for you to shine Brighter than a shooting star So shine no matter where you are... tonight."

"Woah, Woah, Woah"

"Brighter than a shooting star Shine no matter where you are... tonight"

My guitar was the one to play the last note, and I held it there for a moment, letting it ring out. Then I slapped my hand on the guitar, bringing it to an abrupt stop. I looked up at the rest of the band members, and all of their eyes were trained on me. 

"Maddie..." Jasper started, but was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" Daniel screamed, sprinting towards the door. I chuckled and shook my head. 

"Who... who was that singing in there?" the person on the other side of the door asked. The door swung open wider to show a girl holding a Pizza Hut box, wearing a Pizza Hut hat and uniform. 

Her eyes grew wide when she saw Adam and a smile grew on her face. Adam's eyes also grew wide, and he quickly ran out of the room. "Is this Adam Young's house?" she asked. 

Steve then laughed, and got up. He pulled me up by my hand as well, and  I stumbled over my feet before walking towards the door with him. "No, no no, ma'am. My name is Charlie, and this is my wife Katie. Adam is our nephew, and we're having a small family gathering."

He leaned towards her and lowered his voice to a whisper. "Look, people can't know that we're related to Adam here. You can't tell anyone."

Her eyes grew serious and she nodded. "Yes, thank you sir, I completely understand."

Steve nodded once. "Good. Daniel, pay the girl for the pizza."

"What? I seriously have to pay?" Daniel exclaimed. 

"Yeah, Uncle Berry, pay up," I added, sending a smile towards the girl.

Daniel grumbled, but pulled money out of his pocket anyway. The pizzas were handed to us, and we quickly shut the door. 

As soon as her car drove away, the tension in the room was visibly lighter. 

"Adam, it's all clear," Jasper called from the couch.

Adam walked back in, looking relieved. "Good job, guys. I totally forgot about the pizza."

I smiled. "Don't worry. It'll all be okay," I assured.

"Well kids, let's eat!" Breanne cheered.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Dang! New characters! I needed something new to work with in order to get over my little writer's block that I had going on. So, I added what, four? What do you all think of them? I don't know what they're really like, but then again, I don't know what Adam's really like, sooooo yeah. I think I figured out where this story is headed, so stay tuned!

Also, I just have to rant to somebody. I've been job searching for like two months, and it's just been stressful. I applied to this burger joint that my mom and aunt and GRANDMA worked at in their teen years, and they weren't hiring, but they took my application anyway and GUESS WHO JUST GOT A CALL FOR AN INTERVIEW??? Yes, I finally get my job!

Alright, I'm done. Don't forget to vote, comment, whatever you feel I deserve, do it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 48.3K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
4.7M 253K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
377K 11.5K 91
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...