the reluctant bride | dramione

By dramioneskingdom

"just let me kiss you" "okay" β€’ i wrote this when i was 13 btw so don't judge More

A/N
o n e
t w o
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
e p i l o g u e
A/N
okay
AHHHHH
need a favour!!!

t h r e e

52.7K 1.2K 1.6K
By dramioneskingdom

I never dreamed home would end up where I don't belong - Unknown

--

Hermione Third POV

Ivy and ferns grew through the crevices of the old winding stone path, which led directly to the colossal structure. The mansion loomed proudly behind creaky iron gates, flanked by rows of skeletal trees crowned in crimson, swaying gently to the chilly autumn wind. At its threshold stood the delicate marble fountain, the soft gurgling of the clear water melodic as it resonated in the surrounding silence.

She stood still, with no strength to move. Her shaky fingers finally come to stop after running restlessly through her messed up hair. She bit down on her lip trying not to burst into tears. This wasn't  going to help, it wasn't going to change anything.Her heart still wouldn't stop racing, forcing tears to roll down her face.

Third Person
The two walked down the winding gravel path to the white  house, that exceeded boths expectations.
Draco unlocked the door the muggle way and took in his and Hermiones bag.

The mahogany hall, stretched for what Hermione thought a mile, but soon realised that to be impossible. But from the events of today, she wondered if anything  was impossible.
"Well this is it" Draco began.
Silence
Hermione was still staring at the floor, not daring  to look at the house, not daring to look at her reality.

"Look Granger," Draco sighed. He had sighed a lot that day. To him the stress was seeping through his head like ink on paper.
"We have to be civil towards each other. We need to forget our past ways and just be friends."

When she didn't reply, Draco tapped her on the shoulder and her head ,which was previously looking to the ground, caught his gaze.

"Come on, let's go explore."

Draco took off his brown patent shoes, making himself comfortable and went up the stairs, with both bags. Hermione quickly followed, not really sure what to do. He opened one door of the top floor. It was the master bedroom.

The walls were a rose gold. The large double bed (only bed, Hermione noted) sat proudly in the centre of the room. At the foot of the bed, sat a large brown cabinet, and a huge black plasma screen sat on top of it. To the right of the bed was a brown door which led to the walk in wardrobe . Hermione entered and saw the size of it; a small bedroom. On the other side of the bed there was another door leading to the black modern en-suite.

Hermione sighed as she looked up and the glimmering chandelier.

Why had this happened?

Oh yeah that's right, the Ministry. Just because they had 'suffered great loss' didn't mean she had to marry this tosser. Of course the punishments were horrific.

• Banishment from the wizarding world

• ^^^ meaning you couldn't see your friends

• Death

Hermione noticed that Draco had entered the walk in wardrobe to stand next to her and began unpacking all their belongings. Furious, she began shaking her head at him but he didn't notice. He was in his own little world.

"No?" He asked finally turning around, with a confused look on his pale face. Without replying, Hermione picked up his bag and dumped it in another room. This room was a dark green decorated with silver embellishments. It was almost as though it was made for the 'Slytherin Prince'.

"Oh I see, not wanting to sleep in the same room?"                                                                                                    
The left side of his faint red lip tugged upwards creating a sinister smirk on his god like face; casting a spell of lust to eyes that dare look his way.She only replied with a cold glare.
"Are you not going to talk to me Granger?"

She gave a blank look and he looked right back at her. He noticed that her hair didn't look at all the same, it wasn't the noticeable frizz ball anymore. It was honey blonde, more wavy than frizzy. Her once striking brown eyes, were now dull. Her skin, no longer the warm tan, was pale - really pale. altogether she looked like rubbish.

"You look like terrible, Granger."

'What a gentleman she thought'
(lmao that's all the Hermione insight ur getting for a while)

Draco huffed. She still hadn't replied. what was her problem?

"look, Granger, I know you don't like me. I don't like you. But we have to make this work. I don't want to lose my magic, lose my family, I don't want to die. And I don't think you do either. So just tell me what your problem is and we can sort it..."

The next ten seconds were those of silence that lay in the air like a poison.

Slowly, he raised his eyebrows, as though teasing her, tempting her, daring her to say something.

but it never came.

he huffed in defeat.

"Fine." Draco ran a shaky hand through his striking blonde hair and left the room, plodding down the stairs and out the front door, slamming it as he left.

Draco POV
How dare she. How dare that mudblood ignore me. I tried to be nice but what do I get? Treated like shit. He thought.
He looked from where he was stood outside the house.

Green.

That was the only colour he could see. Trees, bushes, grass - there wasn't another house on their street. The muggle town wasn't Draco's ideal placement. But he was a Malfoy. He wanted a big house, mainly so he could get away f Ron Granger when she began yelling at him. But she hadn't even spoken to him yet, let alone yell.
Sighing, Draco decided he might acctually do something worth while and check out the town.
It was called Redbush, quite a silly name in his eyes.  He wandered the streets but he still hadn't seen another house. It was as though everyone had dissapeared, leaving him to deal with Granger. But he didn't want that.

White.

The corner of the shop came into veiw just as Draco crossed the road. It wasn't very big but it was good enough for him. The bell tinkled when he entered.

"Hello Sir." The young girl had jumped when Draco walked in, she had previously been reading.

"Hi. Can I ask you a question?" Draco replied.

"You're already asking one!" She giggled, but then gave Draco a serious look.

"Why aren't there any other houses in this town?"

"Well, there are a few here and there. But mainly it's just landscape thanks to that big old posh house. I bet the owners are really horrible and mean and-"

Draco raised his eyebrows when the girl stopped.

"Crap. You live there, don't you." She worriedly looked at Draco, hoping he wasn't offended by her words. Draco only nodded and sniggered when the girl turned her face away.

"It's fine... My name's Draco" the girl smiled and took his outstretched hand.

"Bonnie."

Bonnie then stood from her chair behind the black counter, and walked round to Draco. Compared to him she was minuscule.

"Do you just live there alone or..." she suddenly asked. The question stirred Draco. Should he lie and say he did. Or worse, say he lived wit his 'wife' (the world made him gag) who didn't even talk to him. He decided for the latter, but without the details.

"Oh, me and my wife just moved there." Bonnie's face fell, but Draco couldn't care less. She was a sweet girl, but she really wasn't his type. She worked in a cafe for gods sake! And anyways, he had Hermione.

"Oh that's nice. Do you think I could meet her?"

Draco sighed. He was sick of sighing.

"She's not very well at the moment." he lied through his teeth. "i better be getting back to her.."

Bonnie nodded and walked behind Draco to the door, waving him off.

Draco hadn't realised how long he'd been out. it was dark. So dark he couldn't see the green trees, bushes or grass.  He arrived home and walked up the stairs. But whilst he was only half way up, he saw Hermione in a pink bath robe, glaring at him from above.

 "Granger I'm so-"

But he never finished as she had left. He sighed, for what he vowed the final time that day, and proceeded into his bedroom.

it was only as he was drifting asleep, he noticed that all his belongings had been placed, neatly, away.

............................................

So, by now I'm sure you've all heard that an amazing man died of cancer today, aged 69. Alan Rickman will be greatly missed.

QOTD: If you could bring to life one character and ask about their life, who would it be?
A: I think probably Lucius Malfoy or Narcissa because I feel like the two of them had such a troublesome time and I want to ask why they did certain things.

comment what you'd dooooooo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

594K 11.9K 40
"You said it yourself, you're a Death Eater, and correct me if I'm wrong but that's worse than being a Mudblood" "If I'm filthy then I'm dragging you...
26.4K 832 35
"eleanor do not make this harder than it should be!" " you have it your way ...me or him!" i couldn't just pick. i wanted both so badly- they were...
94.7K 2.1K 48
❝Loving your enemy is not easy. Some accept it, while some are hellbent on destroying.❞ Students returned back to Hogwarts to complete their final ye...
670 41 36
I'm not too young anymore. I have grown up, I hurt. If this is what being an adult is, I don't want it. *All rights is JK Rowling, except my charact...