The Other Potter Book Three.

Por secret_ninja

Willow is back at Hogwarts. Criminal sirius black is on the loose. Random stuff will happen and maybe truth w... Más

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four

Chaptet Twenty Six

17K 466 271
Por secret_ninja

The euphoria at finally winning the Quidditch Cup lasted at least a week. Even the weather seemed to be celebrating; as June approached, the days became cloudless and sultry, and all anybody felt like doing was strolling onto the grounds and flopping down on the grass with several pints of iced pumpkin juice, perhaps playing a casual game of Gobstones or watching the giant squid propel itself dreamily across the surface of the lake.

But, sadly, we couldn't. Exams were nearly upon us and instead of lazing around outside, we were forced to remain inside the castle, trying to bully our brains into concentrating while enticing wafts of summer air drifted in through the windows. I was going to have some sort of mental breakdown, true story. Even Fred and the smex - ahem, I meant George - had been spotted working; they were about to take their O.W.L.s (Ordinary Wizarding Levels). Percy was getting ready to take his N.E.W.T.s (Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests), the highest qualification Hogwarts offered. As Percy hoped to enter the Ministry of Magic, he needed top grades. He was becoming increasingly edgy, and gave very severe punishments to anybody who disturbed the quiet of the common room in the evenings. For being a psycho, I was forced to be quiet. I tried to refute the ideas of speaking banishment, but then Percy told me to shut up for three hours for arguing with a head boy. Hardest three hours of my life. That also happened to be the three hours that the twins gave up on working and I could only communicate via interpretive dance. That was pretty fun.

The only person who seemed more anxious than Percy was Hermione.

I had given up asking her how she was managing to attend several classes at once, but couldn't restrain myself when I saw the exam schedule she had drawn up for herself. The first column read:

Monday

9 o'clock, Arithmancy

9 o'clock, Transfiguration

Lunch

1 o'clock, Charms

1 o'clock, Ancient Runes

I was about to say something about it, but Ron spoke first.

"Hermione? Er -- are you sure you've copied down these times right?"

"What?" snapped Hermione, picking up the exam schedule and examining it. "Yes, of course I have."

"Is there any point asking how you're going to sit for two exams at once?" said Harry.

"No," said Hermione shortly. "Have you seen my copy of Numerology and Gramatica?"

"Oh, yeah, I borrowed it for a bit of bedtime reading," said Ron, but very quietly. Hermione started shifting heaps of parchment around her table, looking for the book. Just then there was a rustle at the window and Hedwig fluttered through it, a note clutched tightly in her beak.

"It's from Hagrid," said Harry as he tore it open. "Buckbeaks appeal - it's set for the sixth."

"I can never say sixith. No sixteth. No. Six-"I continued this for a while.

"That's the day we finish our exams." Hermione informed us as she was still looking for her book. Hermione nudged me to make me help her look. I picked up a large volume that read 'ngjfhnh4iu' ha, I mean it was written in ancient rune. I am laughing at my own jokes in my head, and I thought I couldn't get sadder.

"And their coming up here to do it." Said Harry as he skimmed the letter. "Someone from the ministry and -and an executioner." I dropped Hermione's heavy book on my foot in surprise, but I tried not to show that it hurt. My foot was killing me but I didn't want to seem like I didn't care for Hagrid and Beaky. So, because my eyes are watering, I'm gonna look like I'm crying.

Shut up Willow, you think stupid things.

I thought I established that.

Wait. What's happening?

They're bringing an executioner to Beaky's trial.

"That sounds as though they already decided!" Hermione said shocked.

"Yeah it does." I said slowly, acting as though I hadn't tuned out.

"They can't!" Ron howled. "I've spent ages reading up stuff for him! They can't just ignore it all!"

But I had a horrible feeling that the committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures had its mind made up for it by Mr Cock, I mean Malfoy. Draco, who had been noticeably subdued since Gryffindor's triumph in the Quidditch final seemed to regain some of his old swagger over the next few days. From sneering comments I overheard, Malfoy was certain Buckbeak was going to be killed, and seemed thoroughly pleased with himself for bringing it about.

"Oh shut up!" I snapped at him at the end of a potions lesson.

"What? Scared that creature will die because of me?" he said sounding like a douche.

"It was only doing the typical thing anyone would do after seeing your face: attack." I said snappily.

"I don't understand what that means but-"Malfoy started.

"Ugh! You think you're so cool, but you're not! You ain't got no swag!"

"I think she is tripping..." he said looking at me like I was nuts.

"YOU'RE MUM IS SO FAT! HER PATRONUS IS A CAKE!" I screamed before running off. I think I insulted my mother who I don't care about. Eh.

***

Exam week began, and an unusual hush fell over the castle. Me and the rest of the third years emerged from Transfiguration at lunchtime on Monday limp and ashen faced, comparing the results and bemoaning the difficulty of the tasks we had been set, which had included turning a teapot into a turtle. Hermione irritated everyone by fussing about how her tortoise had looked more like a turtle, which was the least of everyone else's worries.

"Mine still had a spout for a tail, what a nightmare..."

"Were the tortoises supposed to breathe steam?"

"It still had a willow patterned shell, d'you think that'll count against me?"

I did it perfectly, so I kept my mouth shut. I wasn't one to boast...except in my head where I'm practically shouting 'HAHA SUCKERS' which probably isn't safe because I think aloud...

After a hasty lunch, it was straight back upstairs for the charms exam. Hermione had been right; Professor Flitwick did indeed test us on Cheering Charms. Harry slightly overdid his out of nerves and Ron, who was partnering him, ended up in fits of hysterical laughter and had to be led away to a quiet room for an hour before he was ready to perform the charm himself. Hermione and I performed it on each other and ended up very cheerful because we are amazingly perfect.

"Willow! Stop being a stuck up brat!" Lucy snapped.

"Whoa! PMS Lu!" I said back tauntingly

"Baby I was born this way!"

Let me get this straight.

I taunt the voice in my head which I named Lucy, I sing songs in my head, I yell at myself in my head and I brag about myself in my head. Lucky no one can read my thoughts. They would have to be pretty screwed up to understand them!

***

Hagrid presided over the Care of Magical Creatures exam the following morning with a very preoccupied air indeed; his heart didn't seem to be into it at all, and no one was in any doubt why.

He had provided a large tub of fresh Flubberworms for my class, and told us that, to pass the test, our Flobberworm had to still be alive at the end of one hour. As Flobberworms flourished best if left to their own devices, it was the easiest exam any of I had ever sat, and also gave us plenty of opportunity to speak to Hagrid.

"Beaky's gettin' a bit depressed," Hagrid told us, bending low and checking that Harry's flobberworm was still alive. "Bin cooped up too long. But still... we'll know day after tomorrow - one way or the other -"

We had Potions that afternoon and I had never been gladder that I had read the textbook. My Confusing Concoction was pretty close to perfect, and I could tell that it made Snape crabby - well more so than he already is.

Then came Astronomy at midnight, up on the tallest tower; History of Magic on Wednesday morning, in which I scribbled down a fair load of non-sense that made me laugh as I proof-read it. Wednesday afternoon meant Herbology, in the greenhouses under a baking-hot sun; then back to the common room once more, with sunburnt necks, thinking longingly of this time next day, when it would all be over.

My third to last exam, on Thursday morning, was Defence Against the Dark Arts. Professor Lupin had compiled the most unusual exam any of us had ever taken; a sort of obstacle course outside in the sun, where we had to wade across a deep paddling pool containing a Grindylow, cross a series of potholes full of Red Caps, squish our way across a patch of marsh while ignoring misleading directions from a Hinkypunk, then climb into an old trunk and battle with a new Boggart.

I was rather surprised at my Boggart, so much so, that I started laughing at it before I even said the spell. It may have not liked my hysterics because it kind of exploded...

"Excellent, Willow," Lupin muttered as I climbed out of the trunk, grinning. "Full marks."

"Er, sir, the Boggart exploded, do we need to find another one?" I asked awkwardly.

"no, I have spares in there." He told me

"Nice to know you're prepared!" I said before shuffling away.

Flushed with my success, I hung around to watch Ron, Hermione and Harry. Harry did epically and also scored full marks. We then did the dance of joy before watching Ron and Hermione. Ron did very well until he reached the Hinkypunk, which successfully confused him into sinking waist-high into the quagmire. Hermione did everything perfectly until she reached the trunk with the Boggart in it. After about a minute inside it, she burst out again, screaming.

"Hermione!" said Lupin, startled. "What's the matter?"

"P-P-Professor McGonagall!" Hermione gasped, pointing into the trunk. "Sh-she said I'd failed everything!"

I had a feeling she wasn't being truthful, but if she had to explain her Boggart to me, I had to explain mine to her and I didn't want to do that. I wasn't even admitting it to myself.

It took a little while to calm Hermione down. When at last she had regained a grip on herself, she, Harry, Ron and I went back to the castle. Ron was still slightly inclined to laugh at Hermione's Boggart, but an argument was averted by the sight that met us on the top of the steps.

Cornelius Fudge, sweating slightly in his pinstriped cloak, was standing there staring out at the grounds. He started at the sight of Harry.

"Hello there, Harry!" he said. "Just had an exam, I expect? Nearly finished?"

"Yes," said Harry.

"We have one more to go sir." I chimed in.

Hermione and Ron, not being on speaking terms with the Minister of Magic, hovered awkwardly in the background. I wasn't even on speaking terms. I was just...well...me.

"Lovely day," said Fudge, casting an eye over the lake. "Pity... pity..."

He sighed deeply and looked down at Harry and me.

"I'm here on an unpleasant mission, Harry. The Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures required a witness to the execution of a mad Hippogriff. As I needed to visit Hogwarts to check on the Black situation, I was asked to step in."

"Does that mean the appeal's already happened?" Ron interrupted, stepping forward.

"No, no, it's scheduled for this afternoon," said Fudge, looking curiously at Ron.

"Then you might not have to witness an execution at all!" said Ron stoutly. "The Hippogriff might get off!"

Before Fudge could answer, two wizards came through the castle doors behind him. One was so ancient he appeared to be withering before my very eyes; the other was tall and strapping, with a thin back moustache. I gathered that they were representatives of the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures, because the very old wizard squinted toward Hagrid's cabin and said in a feeble voice, "Dear, dear, I'm getting too old for this... Two o'clock, isn't it, Fudge?"

The black-moustached man was poking something in his belt; and for a second, I almost grossed myself out before I actually realised what he was doing. He was running one broad thumb along the blade of a shining axe.

Ron opened his mouth to say something, but Hermione nudged him hard in the ribs and jerked her head toward the entrance hall.

"Why'd you stop me?" said Ron angrily as we entered the Great Hall for lunch. "Did you see them? They've even got the axe ready! This isn't justice!"

"Ron, your dad works for the Ministry, you can't go saying things like that to his boss!" said Hermione, but she too looked very upset. "As long as Hagrid keeps his head this time, and argues his case properly, they can't possibly execute Buckbeak..."

I could tell Hermione didn't really believe what she was saying. I could read her like a book. A complicated book about Arithmancy, but a book.

Shush Willow.

All around us, people were talking excitedly as they ate their lunch, happily anticipating the end of the exams that afternoon, but the four of us, lost in worry about Hagrid and Buckbeak, didn't join in.

Because certain teachers are incompetent, they made my last two tests (divination and muggle studies) run at the same time. They decided that I would do divination last and try to get through muggle studies as quickly as possible.

"I'll kill someone." I growled as I went with Hermione to muggle studies. "I'm not like you Hermione, I can't use some epic time travel and be in two lessons at once."

"You know about the time turner?" Hermione said looking shocked.

"They who what?"

"Nothing." She lied and ran to class so I couldn't question her.

The test was awful. We had to write a short story, and writing isn't my talent. I ended up saying something random and retarded.

Hell yeah.

Finally, I threw my paper at my teacher and ran up the staircase to divination. Harry was heading up the ladder and said: "Come up with me, I doubt she will notice."

The tower room was hotter than ever before; the curtains were closed, the fire was lit, and the usual sickly scent made me get an instant headache as I stumbled through the clutter of chairs and table to where Professor Trelawney sat waiting for us before a large crystal ball.

"Good day, my dear," she said softly. "If you would kindly gaze into the Orb... Take your time, now... then tell me what you see within it..."

Ha! He was right she didn't notice-

"Miss tree?" She said startled. Aww, I'm so depressed now.

"Yes?"

"Why are you here?"

"I'm sure you predicted this in the crystal ball professor." I said smartly.

"I did..." she mumbled off and told Harry to continue.

Harry bent over the crystal ball and stared.

"Well?" Professor Trelawney prompted delicately. "What do you see?"

"Er --" said Harry, "a dark shape...um..."

He is so full of crap.

"What does it resemble?" whispered Professor Trelawney. "Think, now..."

"A Hippogriff," he said firmly. I tried not to laugh.

"Indeed!" whispered Professor Trelawney, scribbling keenly on the parchment perched upon her knees. "My boy, you may well be seeing the outcome of poor Hagrid's trouble with the Ministry of Magic! Look closer...Does the Hippogriff appear to...have its head?"

"Yes," said Harry firmly.

"Are you sure?" Professor Trelawney urged him. "Are you quite sure, dear? You don't see it writhing on the ground, perhaps, and a shadowy figure raising an axe behind it?"

"No!" said Harry. What is wrong with her?

"No blood? No weeping Hagrid?"

"No!" said Harry again. "It looks fine, it's -- flying away..."

Professor Trelawney sighed.

"Well, dear, I think we'll leave it there...A little disappointing...but I'm sure you did your best."

I got up to do my test when a voice sounded.

"IT WILL HAPPEN TONIGHT."

I wheeled around. Professor Trelawney had gone rigid in her armchair; her eyes were unfocused and her mouth sagging.

"S -- sorry?" said Harry.

But Professor Trelawney didn't seem to hear him. Her eyes started to roll. I stood there in a panic. She looked as though she was about to have some sort of seizure. I hesitated, thinking of running to the hospital wing -- and then Professor Trelawney spoke again, in the same harsh voice, quite unlike her own:

"THE DARK LORD LIES ALONE AND FRIENDLESS, ABANDONED BY HIS FOLLOWERS. HIS SERVANT HAS BEEN CHAINED THESE TWELVE YEARS. TONIGHT, BEFORE MIDNIGHT...THE SERVANT WILL BREAK FREE AND SET OUT TO REJOIN HIS MASTER. THE DARK LORD WILL RISE AGAIN WITH HIS SERVANT'S AID, GREATER AND MORE TERRIBLE THAN EVER HE WAS. TONIGHT...BEFORE MIDNIGHT...THE SERVANT...WILL SET OUT...TO REJOIN...HIS MASTER..."

Professor Trelawney's head fell forward onto her chest. She made a grunting sort of noise. I stood there, staring at her. Then, quite suddenly, Professor Trelawney's head snapped up again.

"I'm so sorry, dear," she said dreamily, "the heat of the day, you know...I drifted off for a moment...."

Harry sat there, staring at her.

"Is there anything wrong, my dear?"

"You -- you just told me that the -- the Dark Lord's going to rise again...that his servant's going to go back to him."

Professor Trelawney looked thoroughly startled.

"The Dark Lord? He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named? My dear boy, that's hardly something to joke about...Rise again, indeed --"

"But you just said it! You said the Dark Lord --"

"I think you must have dozed off too, dear!" said Professor Trelawney. "I would certainly not presume to predict anything quite as far-fetched as that!"

"My turn!" I shouted as Harry left.

"What do you see?"

I looked into the crystal ball. Fog. Smexy fog.

"I see a woman, a tall slender woman." I said describing the woman in front of me.

"Yes?" she prompted eagerly.

"She is being accused of being a fraud." I said randomly.

"really?" Trelawney snapped. crapola, she realised I was talking about her, not as dumb as I thought.

"But there is a girl...I think...it's me..."

"yes?"

"Telling everyone that she is a true seer that only speaks from her inner eye." God I revolted myself I'm such a suck up.

Shoot me.

"you may go." Trelawney said looking flattered.

I climbed back down the ladder and the spiral staircase, wondering...What the hell is wrong with me?

I reached the common room and saw Ron, Harry and Hermione. Harry had just arrived. God he walks slowly. "Professor Trelawney," Harry panted, "just told me --"

But he stopped abruptly at the sight of their faces.

"Buckbeak lost," said Ron weakly. "Hagrid's just sent this." He handed Harry and I the note.

Hagrid's note was dry this time, no tears had splattered it, yet his hand seemed to have shaken so much as he wrote that it was hardly legible.

Lost appeal. They're going to execute at sunset. Nothing you can do. Don't come down. I don't want you to see it.

Hagrid

"We've got to go," said Harry at once. "He can't just sit there on his own, waiting for the executioner!"

"Sunset, though," said Ron, who was staring out the window ill a glazed sort of way. "We'd never be allowed ...'specially you, Harry..."

Harry sank his head into his hands, thinking.

"If we only had the Invisibility Cloak..."

"Where is it?" said Hermione.

Harry told her that he left it in the one-eyed witch.

"... if Snape sees me anywhere near there again, I'm in serious trouble," he finished.

"That's true," said Hermione, getting to her feet. "If he sees you...How do you open the witch's hump again?"

"You -- you tap it and say, 'Dissendium,'" said Harry. "But --"

Hermione didn't wait for the rest of his sentence; she strode across the room, pushed open the Fat Lady's portrait and vanished from sight.

"She hasn't gone to get it?" Ron said, staring after her.

She had. Hermione returned a quarter of an hour later with the silvery cloak folded carefully under her robes.

"Hermione, I don't know what's gotten, into you lately!" said Ron, astounded. "First you hit Malfoy, then you walk out on Professor Trelawney --"

Hermione looked rather flattered.

Otp

Otp

Otp

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

79K 3.4K 27
𝕽𝖆𝖏𝖛𝖊𝖊𝖗 × 𝕴𝖘𝖍𝖖𝖎 • • • 𝗥𝗮𝗷𝘃𝗲𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗮, a very big businessman and at the same...
20.4K 354 11
CJ first met Tony Stark when she was only 12, after breaking into his lab and stealing many of his weapons. A year later, after trying and failing to...
2.8K 104 5
Teen wolf x Maze runner x American assassin WTM Fem:Stiles, Thomas, Mitch Love interest:Newt
902K 7.9K 62
Just and imagine book about 7 guys that I fell in love with March 2015 - January 2017 **EDITING**