Doctor Who? [BOOK 1] COMPLETED

Von EnsconceSlack

Patience, they say... Good things come to those who wait, they say... To say that one waits a lifetime for th... Mehr

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34 Tissue
35
36
37
38 ILYG
39
40: Epilogue

33

19.5K 445 94
Von EnsconceSlack

**Boni Helena's POV

If you found that one person who is really worth the sacrifices, pain, and hardships then your efforts will not go to waste.

"Ate Boni!" Reed shouted putting his arms around me. I laughed at him, "Grabe parang ang tagal na kitang hindi nakita!"

Reece cleared her throat taking me away from her brother.

"Damot." Pabulong na sabi ni Reed. I laughed lightly.

"It wasn't that long, Reed."

"But my sister here acts as if you're not coming back." He teased Reece. I stared at Reece's red face. Bakit iyon na lang lagi ang sinasabi ng mga tao? I feel bad that I caused that to Reece.

"I did not, so shut up will you?" Iritang sagot ni Reece.

"Oh this is yours." I held his pasalubong to him. His eyes went wide when he saw what's inside and hugged me again.

"Holy sh--- How did you know I've been wanting a Yeezy Boost?! Thank you!" He exclaimed in excitement. Napayakap nanaman ito sa akin. Reece finally gave in on his brother hugging me and watch us with amusement.

I squeeze her hand gently. "Let's just get inside." she said. Reece invited me to her parents' house to have dinner as per request by her mother.

"Thank you for having me, Tita Patty." She softly hugged me and smiled at me.

"You're always welcome here, Boni." Na-touch naman ako.

"I got this for you, Tita Patty." I took the rectangular paper wrapped inside my handbag and showed it to her.

"You shouldn't have bothered, Boni." Hindi nito inaakalaang may ibibigay ako sa kanya.

"I was walking across the street in Brooklyn and found this. I swore to myself that I got to have this for you." I insisted. She took it and opened fast.

"Wow! I've been wanting to cook italian dishes! Thank you, Boni" She gasped in joy when she opened the book. I got it signed by the author with Tita Patty's name. "How sweet of you, Boni."

"It was nothing, Tita." Reece looks at me lovingly and I know that she's itching to close the gap between us.

"I hope you don't mind a steak for dinner?" she raise a brow with a teasing look. My mouth waters in instant. I heard someone laugh  beside me. Naalala siguro nito ang paborito ko na pagkain.

"My figure wouldn't mind at all, Tita." She laughed and nodded her head. She gestured us to have a sit.

"Ate? Can we visit your unit?" Reed asked.

"Yeah sure, just text me."

"No funny business now that you're staying there alone. No men allowed." Tita Patty stated with a brow raised. Reece just rolled her eyes at them. I hid my laugh covering it with a cough.

"Mom, you should've asked her first if she have a boyfriend." Reed smirked at Reece. This guy really..

"Who's that guy driving you home?" My hearing ringed. Napatigil ako sa pagsubo ng mashed potatoes. I looked at Reece with eagerness to hear her answer. I saw her get tensed for a moment.

"Mom, he's just a colleague from the hospital. Along the way lang din kasi ang bahay nila sa atin." Reece voiced out with emphasis and I know it was meant for me. "Tell your son beside you, it's his fault for crashing my car."

"Whatever you say. But this guy have to formally ask you to us first before you date him."

I suddenly felt guilty by Tita Patty's words. The joy of being in a secret relationship, note the sarcasm.

"Of course." Reece sighed.

••••••••••••••••••

I parked my car outside the hospital while waiting for Reece. I'm twenty minutes early so I decided to go for a walk inside, maybe visit Erica or Kass.

I saw Erica in the Emergency Room laughing with a girl. I waved my hand at her but she didn't seem to notice me.

"Boni?" I looked behind me and found Kass smiling at me. Her eyes faltered when she saw Erica behind me and sighed.

"Hey Kass-- I mean, Dr. Kass." I smiled and poke her arm. "Don't worry about Erica. I can see that it was just an innocent conversation." Halata naman na parang magkaibigan lang ang ikinikilos ng dalawa.

"Sana nga.." She looked at me sadly and took a deep breath. "If you're looking for Reece. I think I saw her in the cafeteria."

I hug her. "Don't worry about Erica. She loves you to death." I winked at her and saw her blush.  "I'll talk to you later."

I found Reece walking with a familiar guy. He's also wearing a coat just like Reece. I hid on the side as they walk closely to where I am -I'm not trying to spy on her-.

"Sabay ka ulit sa akin uuwi? Maybe we can have another coffee." I heard the guy say. Another Coffee?

"I can't today." Reece answered.

"Why?" The guy stopped walking and looked at Reece.

"Basta. Next time na lang." The guy nodded his head and smiled at Reece. Reece smiled back at naglakad na sila paalis.

I'm guessing she meant when I'm no longer here.

You know what they always say. Eavesdropping can never lead to anything good.

I looked at my watch and Reece should've been outside thirty minutes ago. I've waited patiently for her and I didn't know I already fell asleep inside my car.

-Tok Tok Tok-

I felt a flashlight directed to my face causing me to stir.

"Ma'am? ayos lang po ba kayo dian?" Tanong ng guard.

"I.. I just fell asleep." I answered and took my phone to look at the time. 7:00 pm!

3 Missed Calls and 4 messages from Reece. I opened them one by one.

'Babe, don't wait for me. Baka late ako mag-out. I love you.'

'I'm heading home na, babe.'

'Babe, I'm home na. Where r u?'

'Boni? Answer your phone.'

I started to drive my car and off to her unit fast. I took my own key to her unit and went inside. I found Reece watching the television whils grasping her phone tightly.

"Reece?" She turned to me with sadness, standing up and immediately went to my arms hugging me.

"Akala ko iniwan mo nanaman ako."

"Magpapaalam na ako sa susunod. I promise." I peck her lips. "Kumain ka na?"

"Yes. Ikaw?" She nodded her head.

"Yea-yeah. Sinong kasama mo?" I asked her. Her eyes avoided my gaze and cleared her throat.

"My colleagues." I didn't want to ask her further about it. She referred to the guy who was taking her home as one.

"That's good." I muttered ignoring my aching stomach. I went to the kitchen to drink some water. I've never drank four glasses of it in a row. I took the instant cup noodle and pour a hot water to it.

"Akala ko ba kumain ka na?" I nearly jumped out of my skin.

"Gutom ulit ako." Nilagay ko na ung powdered flavor sa loob at hinalo na ito, "Sino nga ulit iyong naghahatid sa'yo?" Linakasan ko na ang loob ko na tanungin ito.

Napatigil si Reece, "Igu." Ika lang nito at pinagmamasdan ako.

"Siya din ba iyong kasama mo kaninang kumain?"

"Oo."

"And coffee?" Dagdag ko. Nagulat si Reece sa huling tanong ko at hindi na siya nakapagsalita, "Forget about it. Magpahinga ka na, Reece. I know you're tired." I forced a smile at her.

"Babe, are you mad?" Lumapit si Reece at niyakap ako sa likuran.

"No, hindi ko magagawang magalit sa'yo." Binuksan ko na ang cup noodles na inihanda ko at ramdam ko na napatingin si Reece sa kinakain ko.

"Hindi ka pa kumain." She stated, "I'm sorry, babe---"

"Should I get worried of him?" Putol ko sa kanya.

"No, there's nothing to worry about. I love you." She said and kissed the top of my head.

"I love you too." I sighed and drank my woes with water, "You should be sleeping early tonight. You need to be at the hospital by 6 am." Hindi na nagpumilit si Reece. Her eyes are getting heavier and I know that she is forcing herself to be awake for my sake. She stayed quiet and went straight to her room.

•••••••••••••••

"I told mom about today." Parissa smiled at me. "She's very happy." 

"I only agreed to this because you were so persistent." I said not wanting to remove my attention to the cute little boy laughing with his yaya.

When I first saw him a couple of months ago. I felt a string connected between us, but my emotions clouded it fast. But now, I feel like I've loved him since forever. He treats me as if he knows me for a long time. He even calls me 'Ate' that made me cry with happiness.

"I have to admit, I didn't expect you to agree. I hope you'd give this boy a chance to get closer to you."

"He's my brother after all. Miguel! come!" I shouted to him. I open my arms as I waited for him to jump on to me. "Aw! Someone's getting fatter." He giggled at me as I carried him.

"Miggy's not a baby anymore, Boni. Ang laki laki na niya para buhatin mo pa siya." Parissa laughed at me.

"He looks like a baby to me." I kissed his cheek and nuzzle my face to his sweaty neck. "Ang asim asim." He laughed loudly and wanted to get away from me.

"Ate stop! ahhh!!!" He shrieked.

"Say who do you love the most!" I held him tighter. He stopped laughing and looked at me.

"Ateeee Boni!" He shouted as I put him down on the ground.

"No way! I thought it was me! Come here you!" Parissa said feigning shock as she run after Miguel. I laughed when Parissa stumbled on the ground and played dead. Not a smart move to run with a wild kid in your high heels. Miguel stopped and went to Parissa fast.

"Ate wake up.. Ate.." He's about to cry and asked for my help. He hugged Parissa and shakes her body.

"Who do you love the most, Miguel?" I asked him. His glossy eyes turned to me and sniffed.

"Ate Parissa." He mumbled and hugged the smart actress in front of us.

What a little, bitch. Now I'm jealous.

"I think I'm alive!" Parissa shouted making Miguel jump in joy.

"Yehey!"

"Hey, Miguel. Do you want to take home an ice cream?" I asked. I saw his eyes sparkle in excitement and nodded his head, showing me his teeth. I laughed because he is missing one at the front.

"Let's go!" I grip his hand tightly and poke my tongue out at Parissa. He forgot about her that fast ha!

-Fast Forward-

"I can't eat anymore..." I declined when Miguel scoop another one. Guess what? He wanted alot of flavors, I think he mentioned everything. Parissa bought them all but I'm not gonna back down to that. Yes, we bought them all times two.

"Look! We have five more !" He pointed to the gallons of ice cream. Just looking at them makes me full. Parissa grumbled on her sit.

"We can have that tomorrow, Miggy." Parissa felt the same as me. I've never ate that much ice cream before.

"You will visit me again tomorrow, ate?" His innocent eyes bore to mine.

"If that's what you want." I pinch his chubby cheek.

"Yey! I wan't to go to Splash Island! Pleas, please. Can we go there?" He asked using his puppy dog eyes. Parissa looked at me, I give in too. Who can say no to that?

"We can do whatever you want, kiddo." I ruffled his hair.

"He's going to be super hyper tonight." Parissa sighed and turn to Miggy. Sugat rush.

"Parissa? Miguel?" Someone called outside.

"Hi, Dad!" Parissa greeted the man and his focus remained on me. He blinked his eyes.

"Boni Helena." He smiled warmly at me and offered his hand. "I'm pleased to finally see you this close."

"Yo-you know who I am?" I stupidly asked.

"Yes, your mother told me alot about you."

"Is that so." I awkwardly said.

"Just call me Marcus." He chuckled and turned to his son. "Oh my. What have you done to our piggy." We all laughed and watch Miggy burry his face on the icecream.

Miguel pouted cutely at him. His face covered with it.

"I'm not piggy! I'm Miggy!"

"Let's go take a shower, piggy! I mean Miggy!" Parissa carried Miggy before he can even think otherwise.

"Your mom has been calling me everyday. It's good to know that Levine is getting better." Marcus said smiling.

"Ah yes. I gotta say his Doctor is really good."

I'm surprised the way he is talking to me. It's calm, genuine and I can hint a joy in it.

"So, how long are you going to stay in the Philippines?"

"I'm afraid but I only have a week left."

He nodded in understanding and gestured me to follow him. He never removed his smiling face since we've been talking.

"It's the least that I can do for Belinda." I was curious to what he said as he went outside and give me an album. "Open it."

I did as he told me and scan everything. I found myself looking at my own. Staring at my old photos gives me joy and tells me about the best time I spent with people but they always left a feeling of loneliness & things I missed and I no longer feel connected to them.

I can see how my smile fade every year. How the impact of her leaving drastically changed me. The pain that started years ago, but I'd lived with it for so long at that point that I'd accepted it as an inevitable part of me.

"Most of it was stolen." I whispered, holding my College graduation picture. It is very obvious that someone took it from afar and zoomed it. 

"She never missed any important events. Your mother asked me to stay in New York and we did for five years. But we weren't able to pay the bills anymore that's why we decided to stay here in the Philippines." To say that I'm surprised is not enough.

I look at him to see if he's lying.

"Your Father found out and took you three away." He looked away as if recalling that moment, "Your mother loves you." I shaked my head at him, disagreeing.

"If she did, she shouldn't have left us." I know saying that may hurt him. But I'm just being honest here.

"I see. Every angle of what she did will tell you that she was selfish. And I'm also accountable for that."

I stopped myself from uttering a single word.

"She was just afraid, Boni.."

"Afraid of what?"

"Afraid that if she stayed, there will be nothing left inside of her."

"She have us." I stood up enraged. How can he say that. "Isn't that enough?"

"I've been in love with your mother ever since. I know it was unfair for Parissa's mother but I did tried to give her what she deserved. I believed that Belinda did as well to Levin."

"My Father did love my mother too much that it destroyed him."

"It will be the best if you let Belinda explain it to you. Give her a chance, Boni." He's breathing heavily and I watch him clutch his chest.

"Are you okay?" I went to his side fast.

"Yes, don't worry it happens most of the time." He smiled at me but I can see he is in pain.

"Perhaps drink this." I took the glass of water beside him. He nodded his head and drinks the water. Thinking of his words one more time.

"I'm going to give her a chance."

"Thank you." I can feel in his voice that he is grateful, nearly in tears. "She's been praying  for that every day."

"No.. Thank you." I don't know why but I had a feeling of wanting to hug him, so I did, "As much as I wanted to stay, but I have to go now."

"You can visit Miguel whenever you want, Boni."

"I will surely do that." We smiled at each other.

-Fast Forward-

I rushed my way to Pick up Reece in the hospital. I found her getting inside a beemer and drove away.

-Calling ReeceBabe-

'Hi! I was about to pick you up.' I said quickly as I follow the car.

'Sumabay na lang ako sa kasama ko. Don't worry about me, I know you're having a great day with your brother.'

'Oh okay. I'll see you at home. I love you.'  I said in disappointment, but I'm not going to let her know that.

'Sure, love you too.'

-Call Ended-

I saw them pull up at a coffee bar and found the same guy from before open the door for Reece. I parked my car a little far from them and followed secretly inside.

I watch as they laugh at each other. Reece seemed so carefree and enjoying the company of the guy. I gotta give it to him, he is handsome.

-Ate Behati Calling-

'Just talk' I answered without any emotion.

'What's your decision?' I looked at Reece once more and the guy she's with. As painful as it sound, they look good together.

'I will be coming back sooner.'

'Great! Let me know earlier so I can prepare everything .'

'Will do. Bye.'

-Call Ended-

I looked up to the sky, then back to Reece. How cruel is my fate to me.

••••••••••••••••••

Splash Island was great! Miguel really enjoyed every single moment of it. To say that he was hyper was not enough, he was like he's on top of the moon!

"Did you have fun?" I asked Reece, kissing her cheek lightly. She smiled at me and nodded her head.

"Your brother doesn't even want to leave." She laughed as I remember Miguel's face when I told him we're going home. I even took a room for us to stay but Uncle Marcus need to stay close to the hospital.

"Thank you for coming--" I stopped walking when we saw someone standing outside Reece's door.

Who even woos a girl at  Ten o'clock in the evening?

"Igu.." she whispered and looked at me in panic.

"Hi, Reece!"

We walk closely to him and Reece let go of my hand. I tried to keep a fake smile hiding the hurt.

"What are you doing here, Igu?" Reece asked with uneasiness.

"I hope you don't mind me giving you this." He held Reece a flower. "Roses are overrated so I got you a fresh gerbera." she took it with hesitation and looked at my reaction.

I'm not aware that it was overrated. Who even told him that?!

"Boni, this is Edrigu. Edrigu this is my friend, Boni." She might as well have slapped me literally in the face, because that's what she did to my heart.

"Nice to meet you, Boni." He smiled at me.

"My pleasure to finally meet you, Edrigu. I'm going to leave the two of you to give you privacy." I hid the sarcasm in my voice and walked away.

I felt Reece pull me back with her eyes begging me to stay.

"Where are you going?"

I retracted my hand. I walked away fast as my eyes starts to water.

A friend? really? I get that she doesn't have the guts to introduce me to her parents. But what made that guy an exception too?

I turned my phone off and drove to a place where I wanted to be. I gently knock on the door and waited for it to open.

"Boni? What are you doing here, not that I mind." Parissa let me inside.

"Can I sleep beside Miguel? I will really miss him..." I begged her.

"His bed is really small, Boni. You two wouldn't fit."

"I'll stay on the floor." She laughed at my suggestion.

"What happened this time?" She crossed her arms and squinted her eyes.

"We might as well sit." She nodded her head worriedly.

I told her everything. From the Bankruptcy, Family, Arrange Marriage and Reece. I'm crying my eyes out and she did the same. It feels good to let it all out. Not caring if you'll get judged or not.

"You carry those with you all this time?" She looked at me with pity. "That is really brave of you."

"Don't look at me like that. I know what I'm doing."

She took my hands and grip it tightly. "I really admire you since the first time I laid my eyes on you, Boni."

"I don't do incest, Parissa." I frowned at her.

"I'm not implying that." She lightly punch me in the arm. "A piece of advice, my dear sister. Do not give up."

"I'm not intending to. I still have alot of things to figure out in my life."

"Now you see why I admire you. Reece might've been precautious to save her career, Boni."

"If that's the case then I would've understood. But that's not what I saw."

"Don't jump to any conclusions, okay?"

"I'm trying not to, but I can't help it."

"What are you going to do now with Reece?"

"Probably the main reason why I came back and I know it will be the best for us."

••••••••••••••••

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

348K 7.3K 54
Summer Rain Canda the youngest daughter of the famous family of Canda. The richest in town, and Ranked 2nd richest family in the philippines. She's t...
33.8K 1K 14
Si Bea 'Biya' Heaven ay isang Engineer na sugatan sa pag ibig na dala nang alon at napadpad sa mundo tinatawag na La isla de ulan. Isang Magandang Pa...
391K 5.9K 13
[FILIPINO] HIGHEST RANKING #4 IN CHICKLIT 8-25-17 Simula pagkabata ay close na sina Ginger at Reese kahit na langit at lupa ang pagitan nila. Anak ng...
787K 25.2K 38
[FILIPINO] HIGHEST RANKING #2 03-05-18 HUMOR Kilala bilang isa sa pinakasikat na Modelo si Averi Gonzales sa maraming panig ng mundo. At umuwi sya ng...