The Lost Girl (Complete)

By AnnaIsali

An Academy Fan Fiction. After burying her mother, Celestia is left with nothing but a mountain of debts and a... More

Chapter One - The Forbidden Room
Chapter Two - The Lost Journal
Chapter Three - The First Link
Chapter Four - The Chance Introduction
Chapter Five - The Talking Walls
Chapter Six - The Residence
Chapter Seven - The Dreaded Talk
Chapter Eight - The Sorenson Spy
A Report
Chapter Nine - The Hollow House
Chapter Ten - The Family First Rule
Chapter Eleven - The Breakfast Table
Chapter Twelve - The Complete Takeover
Chapter Thirteen - The Blackbourne Hurricane
Chapter Fourteen - The Delivery Boy
Chapter Fifteen - Pizza and Pepsi
Chapter Sixteen - The Many Choices
Chapter Seventeen - The Car Invasion
Chapter Eighteen - The Uncle Dilemma
Chapter Twenty - Dogs & Glocks
Chapter Twenty One - Muse Eternelle
Chapter Twenty Two - Everything Is New
Chapter Twenty Three - I See A Light
Chapter Twenty Four - Green Goo & Giggles
Chapter Twenty Five - The Unexpected Man
Chapter Twenty Six - The Art Studio
Chapter Twenty Seven - The Hand of Friendship
Chapter Twenty Eight - The Next Page
Chapter Twenty Nine - Derrick
Chapter Thirty - The Broken House
A Report
Chapter Thirty One - The Awakening
Chapter Thirty Two - Derrick! First and Final
Chapter Thirty Three - Lost Girl No More

Prologue

12K 401 32
By AnnaIsali

The sky was filled with dark clouds and the endless rain just served to announce to the world that this was a day of darkness, one where sunshine and gentle breezes just did not belong.

The wind was so cold that any outside felt chilled down to their bones and the howling seemed to build dread within their hearts. It was not a day to be in a grave yard but Celestia had no choice.

She actually almost found it fitting. Her mother's life had been a maelstrom of darkness and the event her final rest seemed to be heralded by some higher force.

Looking down at the sign which would soon be replaced by a headstone, Celestia couldn't help but wonder what she had done to deserve her life.

She had loved her mother but it hadn't always been returned. In fact, the only time that Marie Sorenson had ever acknowledged her presence in the two-storey home on Sunnyvale Court was on pay day when she would hold out her hand and wait for her barely eighteen year old daughter to hand over seventy percent of her weekly wages.

Marie had always made sure to let her know that their life, their relationship was better than what had been between her own mother. A woman who had died years before Celestia was even a thought.

Drugs, Celestia shivered. It had been the downfall of too many people and after years of prolific abuse, it had finally claimed the life of the only person she had left.

"Miss, would you like to say a few words?" A male voice asked, startling her as she finally looked away from the flowerless casket and that lonesome sign which already stood at attention on the edge of the hole where Marie would shortly be laid.

"I'm sorry," She murmured, her fingers tightening around the handle of her umbrella. "I don't have anything prepared."

The old priest smiled, "Just say what is in your heart child. What you never got to say before she passed."

She nodded jerkily and stepped forward to lay the tips of her fingers over the wood, "I'm sorry I wasn't there to stop you or at least make sure that you weren't found too late. I'm sorry that I couldn't be a better daughter. I really did love you, Mum, and I hope that you're in a better place. Goodbye."

She stepped back and lowered her head once more as the priest said the final prayers, laid a comforting hand on her shoulder and walked away to be lost amid the fog and sleeting rain.

"Goodbye, Mum," She whispered again before she too back towards the entrance of the graveyard and the bus stop.

Only the wind filled her ears, the silence of the world behind her saddening as the only person Marie Sorenson had floated away in a dress too big for her and the weight of a thousand sorrows dragging her down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64K 4.3K 16
What if Kota didn't stop Sang from running that first night? Writer's Note: This is just a work of my imagination inspired by the works and character...
47.6K 2.3K 41
I do not own the academy characters,those are c.l.stone and her works. Please let me know if this is close to anyone else's story so that I may take...
96.9K 6.5K 15
Ten minutes left on the clock that was attached to my wrist as a baby. We're all given them, and while I'm not entirely sure how they work, they've y...
56.7K 2.4K 12
This is a story that was posted on the forum by Jen123v. She has not moved to wattpad, but it is being posted here for you to enjoy if you did not ge...