Loving A Criminal (#3 FFAW) |...

Galing kay cheryl-is-not-here

#3 in Falling For A Womaniser Series. The book does not have to be read in order, but it may contain some spo... Higit pa

Copyright Disclaimer
Synopsis
Chapter 1-The Introduction
Chapter 2-The Pepper Spray & The Knee
Chapter 3-The Teasing
Chapter 4-The Coincidence
Chapter 5-The Stalking
Chapter 6-The Dinner & The Fork
Chapter 7-The Love Bite
Chapter 8-The Jealousy
Chapter 9-The Disastrous Date
Chapter 10-The Car Ride
Chapter 11-The Monster
Chapter 12-The Apology
Chapter 13-The Morning After
Chapter 14-The Four Words
Chapter 15-The Promise
Chapter 16-The Best Friend & Family I
Chapter 17-The Escape
Chapter 18-The Real Alexi Barone
Chapter 19-The Rooming Issues
Chapter 20-The Relationship
Chapter 21-The Almost Fiancé
Chapter 22-The Christening
Chapter 23-The Best Friends & Family II
Chapter 24-The Seduction & Threat
Chapter 25-The Coddling & The Club
Chapter 26-The Fight: Slade VS Alexi
Chapter 27-The Date
Chapter 28-The Surprise Visitor
Chapter 29-The Disputes
Chapter 30-The Declaration
Chapter 31-The Big Reveal
Chapter 32-The Kolosov Brothers
Chapter 33-The Rival Gangs
Chapter 34-The Attack
Chapter 35-The Understanding & Reconciliation
Chapter 37-The End
Epilogue
Extra #1: The First Anniversary
Extra #2: The End-Slade's POV
Extra #3: The Kolosov Princess
Extra #4: The Arrivals
Extra #5: The Swear Jar
Extra #6: The Part With Kat
Author's Note/FAQ
Kaphael's Book Is Out!

Chapter 36-The Reunion

125K 4.1K 605
Galing kay cheryl-is-not-here

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 36-The Reunion

Miranda Barone's POV

"Slade?"

I stared at him a little confused as I looked around at my surroundings. I was in a hospital? Why? What happened?

I struggled to sit up but gave up when I felt the extreme soreness on my abdomen. Slade looked at me stunned before he quickly stalked towards me, his gaze burning into me.  

"Mel." He breathed out as if he couldn't believe I was there looking at him. I stared at him, committing everything about him to memory as he suddenly pulled me gently into his arms and embraced me tightly.

I let out a sigh as I slipped my arms around him, inhaling his cologne that made my breath hitch. He held me tightly but gently and I shut my eyes as I enjoyed being in his arms. Slowly and reluctantly, Slade pulled away and his eyes took me in, lingering on my face before going down my body.  

"You're awake." He said quietly, his voice full or relief and I gazed into his eyes concerned. "What-" I started but coughed violently. "Water?"  

I nodded and Slade poured me a glass and I drank it down eagerly. Finally able to speak, "What happened? Are you unwell?" I asked worriedly as I took in Slade's haggard appearance. His clothes were all wrinkled, his eyes had dark circles and were bloodshot. He hadn't shaved and his hair looked like his hands had been running through them for days. And what scared me the most was that his eyes were full of worry, relief, love and tenderness as he looked at me.  

One thing I learned about Slade was that he may not say what he was really feeling or thinking but instead, he showed them through his eyes. He may think he is being elusive and all but to me, he was as clear as glass. His blue eyes were expressive and I liked that I was the only one who could really read him.  

Slade barked out a short laugh and shook his head, "Mel you nearly died and you're asking about me?"  

My eyes widened and all the memories came flooding back. My abduction, Mikael, Mark and Tony being hurt, I had been stabbed by Joseph and I had killed a man but didn't regret it.  "Is Mikael alright? What about Mark and Tony? Are you?" I questioned anxiously. 

Slade stroked my cheek affectionately, "I'm fine, I just had some scratches and bruises. Mikael is fine. Mark and Tony are okay, they're pretty banged up but they're fine. Now can we talk about you instead?"  

I nodded, still a little stunned from realising it wasn't a dream. "Alright." Slade sighs and gives me a small smile. "You've put me through hell sweetheart. I thought you had died and I lost my mind."  

From his words and expression that had become a little lost, I felt a little guilty, "Sorry." Slade let out a snort before shaking his head, "What are you apologising for? I should be the one doing so. I couldn't protect you and you almost died." He said bitterly, his eyes were dark from rage.  

I frowned and caressed his cheek tenderly, "It's not your fault. And you came for me anyway." I breathed out and gave him a smile before lifting my head up to kiss him. 

The kiss was bittersweet. The knowledge that I almost died made everything sweeter and that fuelled the urgency of the kiss. Slade groaned before slanting his lips against mine as he kissed me back hungrily. He held me in his arms gently but possessively as if I was the most precious thing he owned.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY SISTER!" 

I pulled away from Slade's intoxicating kisses and looked at the intruder. Alexi stood there, his glare trained on Slade. I sighed and smiled at Alexi. "Alexi."  

My brother gave one last glare to Slade who simply stared at him bored before he turned to look at me. "Mel. God you're finally awake." Alexi said relieved as he hugged me tightly.  

I shut my eyes as I hugged him back. Soon enough, I pulled away and an awkward tension filled the room. I glanced between the two men and bit my lower lip, "Please don't fight. Alexi, there's nothing you can do or say that will make me leave Slade. I love him. And Slade, he's my brother. Could you both get along?" I asked pleadingly.

Slade raised an eyebrow before lacing our fingers together and I smiled at the action. "We already called a truce but that doesn't mean I can't have my fun."

"YOU-"  

"You guys called a truce?" I questioned disbelievingly as Alexi shouted and Slade nodded, "Yeah. Your brother initiated it."  

At this, I turned to Alexi who was glaring at out intertwined fingers before meeting my gaze uncomfortably. "Yes. I can see that he loves you and makes you happy. So even though I think he's a total fucker and doesn't deserve you-" 

"Alexi!" I hissed and Alexi rolled his eyes and continued, "But as long he makes you happy, I'll have to bear with it."  

I rolled my eyes and gave him a small smile, "Thank you." Beside me, Slade grunted a response and I swore I heard him mutter, "Fucking Italian pussy."  I sighed, some things will never change.

*** 

December 2015 

Two and a half months have passed since I had woken up from the coma. A coma I still couldn't believe I had been in. I never imagined that being in one felt like you were asleep.  

I sighed as I flicked through the television channels. I was bored. Seeing that I had almost died, Slade was even more protective than the last time. For the first two weeks, I wasn't even allowed to leave our bedroom. And for the third week up till now, I wasn't even allowed to leave the house.  

At first, I found it sweet and adorable that he was being protective and all but now, I just found him plain overbearing. It was almost Christmas! And I wasn't even allowed to go Christmas shopping for presents or for decorative items! And for me, Christmas was the most important holiday in the year. 

By now, I was fine. My bruises were long gone, the cuts on my arms and hands have healed leaving faint pink scars that were unnoticeable and the wound on my abdomen was fine except for occasional soreness and aches. I had been going for regular checkups and the doctor had cleared me for anything I wished to do except that Slade wasn't having it.  

Slade and I never spoke about the incident. I could tell that he felt guilty about it. Every time he looked at the scars on my body, guilt would flash through his eyes. Especially when he would catch sight of the one on my abdomen. 

I never knew what happened to those men who had abducted Mikael and I and hurt Mark and Tony. Slade wouldn't say but I know those men deserved what they got. Carter, the man who had helped me was now in the Russian mob after a very thorough interrogation. I was okay with that, as long he wasn't going to get hurt. 

Another thing I was okay with was my brother and my boyfriend getting along. Sure, they didn't try to kill each other anymore, but they both gave jabs at each other whenever Alexi visited me. I didn't have room to complain, from wanting to kill each other to insulting each other, I'll take it. But I was pleased that the two most important men in my life were-somewhat-getting along. Or they were making an effort to do so for me.  

Sure, Alexi would give a scathing comment about something trivial and Slade would answer with something that would make Alexi lose his temper but other than that, it was fine. I was contented with that.  

Even though Mark and Tony seemed to seriously injured the last time I saw them, the injuries inflicted on them weren't so severe as initially thought. Tony had suffered a bullet wound that went right through his arm, shattering the bone and a harsh blow to his head. Mark on the other hand had gotten it worse than Tony. He had suffered from minor knife wounds, a bullet had been lodged into his thigh and he had broken his wrist.  

But now, they were on the mend and I was thankful that they were okay. Luckily for them, all the injuries they had gotten had missed any important arteries and veins and other important vital organs. Once I had been discharged and with the help of Slade, I had been visiting them regularly thrice a week. I was glad that they were recovering miraculously quick.  

Another thing that I was pleased about that happened while I was in coma was Slade and Grayson reconciling. I was ecstatic! Though Slade claimed that it was no big deal. But deep down, I knew he was happy to have his brother in his life again despite him denying it. Family was important and I was glad that Slade realised that too. I had invited Grayson over for Christmas and Slade had grumbled about it but his eyes couldn't lie to me. He was secretly happy about it.  

However another thing that had changed was that Slade didn't seem to want me anymore. He did love me, but he didn't seem to want to be intimate with me anymore.  

Sure he still kissed me and showed me affection and he would tell me those special three words to me everyday but he didn't seem to want to sleep with me anymore. No matter how hard I tried or dropped subtle hints, he seemed to avoid them or feign ignorance.  

This was strange considering guys loved sex didn't they? At first I had thought that he didn't want to be with me that way anymore because of my scars, but that didn't seem to be the case when I had dropped my towel after getting out of the shower in front of him.  

Slade had stared at my body hungrily, his eyes dark from lust, his body posture was tense and stiff. Also, his hands were fisted to his side as if to prevent them from grabbing me to have his wicked way with me.  

His voice had been strained as he gave some silly excuse and fled the bathroom. I scowled at that memory. My guess was that he was afraid of hurting me especially after how I had almost died in front of him. I didn't like that he was treating me like glass. 

I craved for that sort of intimacy between us again. And I was going to get it even if I had to seduce him or tie him to the bed. I thought determinedly.  

Slade was off for a business meeting and my eyes had almost popped out of my head when I saw how deliciously sexy he looked.  

A form fitting black suit showed off his muscular defined body, and he even wore a tie. Why did my boyfriend have to be that sexy? Not that I was going to say that to his face, his ego didn't need more inflation.  

I quickly switched off all the lights in the house and litted up some candles before making my way up to the bathroom where my bubble bath was waiting.  

I undressed and tied my hair into a bun so that it wouldn't get wet before sinking into the warm bubbles. I sighed and shut my eyes, waiting in anticipation for Slade to get home. Soon enough, the sound of the main door being opened and Slade's footsteps echoed around the house. 

"Did the fucking lights go out? Why are there so many candles?" Slade demanded as he entered the house.  

I rolled my eyes and sighed, Slade never seemed to get my inner romantic side. I sunk even lower into the bubbles as Slade entered the bathroom.  

"Wha-" Slade cut himself off as he spotted me under the tiny bubbles and I gave him a coy smile, "Aren't you coming?" I asked suggestively and a muscle twitched under his right eye.  

"Mel what are you doing?" He asks roughly, his voice thick with lust as he eyes me longingly. "Having a bath." I said nonchalantly before giving him an innocent but yet sultry glance, "Aren't you going to join me?"

Slade swore violently and rubbed his hands over his face, "I can't."  

At this, annoyance and hurt sliced through me and suddenly, I felt like a fool. "Oh. Okay then." I mumbled and got out of tub and pulled my bathrobe over myself before brushing past Slade into our room.

"Mel, don't be like that." Slade called after me and I ignored him as I brushed my hair. "Mel. Miranda. Come on. Not tonight."  

I turned around and glared at him, "Well, yes tonight. I know you feel bad about everything that has happened-" 

Slade's eyes flashed and he narrowed his eyes at me, "Bad doesn't even describe how I feel. Guilt, remorse, self contempt, these are words you can use, but it would never come close to how I'm actually feeling."  

Now, we were getting to the root of the problem. "I told you before, it isn't your fault that what happened to me happened. As long as you are here to love me, care for me, and be here for me, I'm okay with that." I said earnestly, my gaze meeting his tortured ones. Immediately, I could see all the contempt and guilt he held for himself in those blue orbs.  

Tortured blue eyes met mine and he spoke out quietly, "What kind of man am I if I can't even protect the woman I love?"  

Hearing that made everything seem much clearer than before. "Slade-" I started gently as I moved towards him. Slade turned to me and said, "Having you in my arms as you almost died was hell for me. I won't let it happen again."  

I cupped his face tenderly and stared up at him, " It isn't your fault. You're human Slade. Not some comic-based superhero. Things happen. But like I said, you came for me, you love me, respect me, care for me and so much more. That's all I need from you." 

Slade shut his eyes and leans his forehead on mine and remains silent. "I love you Slade. But you have to stop treating me like glass, I won't break or shatter into millions of pieces. I want you Slade. All of you intimately, physically, emotionally and on any level you could think of. So now that we have cleared that up, can we stop talking so that you can finally kiss me?"  

Slade stares at me for a moment before he groans, "I love you Mel. SO fucking much. You're literally the reason why my heart is beating." He reaches out for my hand and places it upon his chest where I could feel the muscle beating away.  

"I love you too Slade. You changed my life." I admitted and smiled up at him lovingly.  

Slade looks down at me with a tender and gentle expression on his face, "No. You're the one who changed my life. For the better." He says as he caresses my cheek softly.  

My heart melted and I leaned up to kiss him.  

***

A/N: Hey guys, an early update for y'all. This is the second last main chapter before this book ends. I have been thinking of having an FAQ section about this book and this FFAW series. So if you guys want one, comment it here. 

Also, as usual, vote and comment and I hoped you liked this chapter! Comment your thoughts and such and I'll see you in the last chapter that should be coming out this Sunday hopefully. Chapter dedicated to juliluvsjuli :)

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

12.2M 394K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...
193K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
42.7K 1.6K 62
"I already killed your mother, Cam." As the words left my enemy's mouth like a mocking sneer, I growled under my breath at the mention of my old name...
547K 23.7K 50
|| HIGHEST RANKS: #13 in HUMOR #79 in TEEN FICTION || If you are going to be BAD, then you have to do it the BAD way... It's pretty simple: 1) Don'...