When You're Strange. {Harry P...

By insertwittynamehere

Sixth-year Slytherin, Alice Rhowen, is, along with her boyfriend Draco Malfoy, the most powerful Slytherin st... More

When You're Strange. {Harry Potter}
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20. Gryffindors.
Chapter 21. Escaping.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23. A Relative.
Chapter 24. The Truth.
Chapter 25. Privacy.
Chapter 26. The End?
Epilogue.

Chapter 8.

101K 1.5K 1.9K
By insertwittynamehere

      AN: Hey, So, I just want to make sure you all know, that because this is a fan fiction, I'm changing up the story. It doesn't go along with the series, it's different. So, don't yell at me, for changing plot lines, or details.! <3

                                                                               Ron's P.O.V

Alice grabs the front of my shirt and presses her lips against mine. I just stare wide-eyed at her, but my insides start to melt and I turn into mush. I literally cannot breathe.

When she pulls away, I look at her with utter shock.

"Bloody hell," I tremble, feeling light-headed.

Alice brings her fingertips to her lips, gazing off into space. I swallow the lump in the back of my throat. Did I really just kiss Alice Rhowen, the most beautiful girl at Hogwarts? ... Did I really just kiss Alice Rhowen, Draco's girlfriend?

She turns to say something, but instead, she hurries inside, shutting the door quickly behind her.

I get off the railing and lean over the side, feeling like I'm going to vomit everywhere. That didn't happen, did it? It's just my imagination... I slap myself across the face, but nothing...

I open the big balcony doors and go back into the Dining Hall. The party is just starting to wind down. I keep my eyes to the floor as I walk pass the Slytherin group. I get shoved from a few, but I just ignore them. Please, please, don't let Draco find me.

"Ron! Where were you?" Hermione comes to my side, as well as Harry. "You missed it! Alice and her brother, Aaron, got in a fight in front of everyone!" She tells me. The mention of Alice's name makes me nearly faint.

"All because Draco and Alice are engaged and Aaron freaked out," Harry adds with excitement.

"Engaged?" I ask, nearly shouting.

No, no, no, no! Not only did I kiss Draco's girlfriend. No, I kissed his fiance. I feel my face turning green.

"I know. It's strange that they're already talking marriage," Harry comments.

"Ron, are you alright? You look like you're going to be sick," Hermione puts her hand on my shoulder.

"No, I think I better go to bed," I say, quickening my pace to the doors.

"Night, Hermione," Harry says, sticking to my side.

Luckily, Hermione doesn't follow us to Gryffindor's chamber. She's so nosey, most of the time. I don't say a single word as we make our way to the boy's dormitory.

"Ron, what's up with you?" Harry asks, concerned.

We enter our room and I'm relieved to see no one else in the room. I flop down onto my bunk, with my face down into the pillow. My life is over. I'm dead.

"I'm going to die a slow and painful death," I whine.

"What are you talking about? I'm sure it's just a stomach ache," Harry laughs, sitting down on his bunk, besides mine.

"No. Something happened tonight... Something... bad." I admit.

Harry narrows his eyes, suspicious.

"What happened?" He asks, lowering his voice.

"I," I start, but my voice cracks off, "I kissed Alice," I whisper.

Harry jumps up, and slams his head against the top bunk.

"Rhowen?" He asks, loudly.

"What do you think? Of course, Rhowen," I whine, sitting up.

Harry looks at me like I'm some insane person, off to the Loony-bin.

"Do you know what Draco does to guys who try to even talk to Alice? She's going to tell him! She's heartless and manipulative. She probably kissed you so Draco would attack you. She hates Gryffindors!" He rants.

"You say that like I don't already know!" I shout back. I grab a peice of paper and a quil. "I've got to write one last letter to my parents. And, please, tell Ginny I love her," I sigh.

"Shut it! I'll be there to help you. And, I'm sure Hermione would take any chance to fight with Alice," Harry shakes his head, bravely.

                                                                               Alice's P.O.V

I run back into the Dining Hall and walk back to where the Slytherin's are gathered. I just meant to kiss Ron to mess with his head. You know, lead him on... I didn't want to... actually enjoy it.

"Hey, Alice. Draco said to say goodnight. He went to bed," Tabitha tells me, smiling, but her smile fades as I approach. "Are you okay? You look awful," She asks. I fiercely turn to face her.

"I wouldn't be talking, if I were you," I snap and take off, out of the Dining Hall.

* * * *

I lay in my bunk, still wide awake. Every other girl in my room has been sleeping for hours. I can see the sun already starting to rise.

How could a harmless plan like that, backfire so horribly on me. When I kissed him I felt... something I've never experienced before. I've kissed Draco before, many times actually. But, that feeling has never been there before.

And, if Draco finds out, he'll literally freak out. He'll probably kill me and Ron. No one must find out about this. If the other Death Eaters find out, I'm sure they'll show me no mercy. And, here at Hogwarts, Draco and my reputation as the unstoppable couple will be ruined! Curse you, Ron Weasley...

* * * *

Early the next morning, a lower class Slytherin student approaches Draco and I at the breakfast table. The young boy tells us that Snape wishes to see us in his office.

Neither Draco or I speak to each other. Both of us are still in a bad mood from last night. As we make our way to Snape's office, I focus on hiding every thought that has to do with kissing Ron last night. I'm sure Snape will be in my head.

We shut the door behind us and Snape locks it with a flick of his wand. He sits at his desk with bags under his eyes, obviously not getting any sleep last night.

Draco and I take a seat in his wooden chairs, both equally looking stressed, all because of different reasons.

"I spoke with 'You-Know-Who' and the others last night. They all agreed that you two would be our biggest help in this mission." Snape says, speaking so quietly that no one passing his door, could possibly hear.

"Mission?" I ask, sitting back.

"Yes, Potter is, like always, sticking his nose where it does not belong." He spits out, bitterly.

"What does the combination have to do with anything?" Draco asks.

"The combination is everything. If Potter figures out the combination, everything will be destroyed. All of the Dark Lord's hard work; gone," Snape starts to explain, "Years and years ago, probably when you two were just infants, the Dark Lord locked something away. Something so special, that he couldn't even bring himself to say it..." Snape says, getting even more quiet and intense.

"What is it?" I ask, out of curiosity.

"The only thing keeping him alive... His heart. It's locked away, too far that nobody could be able to find it. He put many charms on it, protecting it. He made it virtually impossible to find." He explains.

My blood runs cold beneath my skin.

"And, if Potter finds it?" I ask, not quite wanting to hear the answer.

"The Dark Lord will be destroyed and the Death Eaters... We'll be given over to the Ministry; our identities revealed. If the Dark Lord is destroyed, so shall we." He answers, giving me the answer I dreaded.

"If the Dark Lord made it impossible to find, how did Potter even find out about it?" Draco asks.

I see the color in his face go missing as a deadly glare is fixed across his eyes.

"How did Potter survive in the beginning?" Snape counters.

Harry Potter defies everything in the wizarding world. He has more power than he should and he rarely knows what to do with it. He thinks he knows what's best but he's just as ignorant as a muggle. He was raised a muggle, after all.

"So, what do we have to do?" I ask, prepared to do anything to save myself from Askaban.

"Make sure Potter gets nowhere near it. I don't even know where it is, so it's going to be difficult. Keep an eye on him, have some other allies befriend him. And, if he leaves the building, you are to be not even a minute behind him." He tells us.

Allies. Perfect. Emmerich's sister and her friends. I'm sure they would do anything if we asked them. Sure, we couldn't possibly tell them what it was all about, but we could scare them into doing anything for us.

"Do you understand? If you two fail, it will be disastrous... Of course, I'll be keeping a tab on Potter too, but I don't have the possibilities and opportunities that you do," Snape warns us.

I get goosebumps on my skin and my Dark Mark begins to burn. I try to ignore it, but I can't help but to wince in pain.

"And if Potter just happens to die?" Draco asks, sinisterly.

"Just remember, you won't be a very good Death Eater in Askaban," Snape says before unlocking and opening his office door.

I get up and see Draco holding his left arm tightly. He grimaces in pain, along with me.

                                                                          Leyra Carter's P.O.V

Annie, Marleigh, Lisa, Kaylah and I all make our way out of the Dining Hall, about to go to Ravenclaw's Tower.

"I can't believe it's already the last day of break.." Lisa complains.

We all mutter some sort of agreement, dreading going back to early mornings and classes.

I hear Marleigh let out a small gasp and I look up. Draco and Alice walk briskly, right towards us. My heart starts beating, almost out of my chest, as the beautiful and handsome Draco approaches us.

"Hello, ladies," Draco smiles at us. Alice stands, even with her small 5'3'' frame, towering over us. She studies each of us, carefully.

Beside me, Marleigh looks at Alice with fear, her body shaking. Annie gives both of them, dirty looks.

"Would you care to take a walk with us?" Draco asks, laying on the charm. I shake my head yes, but my voice doesn't work.

"No, we're fine, thank-you," Annie says, smugly.

Anger flashes over both their faces. Marleigh lets out a small whimper, looking away from Alice's stern expression.

"Look, we need your help," Alice says, calmly,  "As you know, us Slytherin can't stand Gryffindors. And, our biggest rival is Harry Potter..." She says, speaking his name as if it's dirt.

What could these two possibly need our help with? They are the most powerful couple in all of Hogwarts. They could easily get anything done, if they tried.

"You see, we need to keep a 24/7 tabs on Potter. But, none of us can do it, because he'd suspect something. If you guys, which Potter has no knowledge that we even know each other, were to follow him, he wouldn't get suspicious of us." Draco explains, speaking quietly.

I suppose... If I had to pick sides between Potter and Malfoy, I'd pick Malfoy in a heartbeat. As long as I could see those twinkling eyes of his.

"And, you wouldn't have to necessarily follow him. You could just talk to him, see what he's up to. Become friends with him. Then, at the end of the day, report back to us." Alice adds, giving us a sincere smile.

I don't see why people think these two are so sinister and evil. It seems all they're doing this out of, is fun. Slytherins and Gryffindors have never gotten along. It's just the way it is.

"And, if you could help us out, we'd surely appreciate it," Draco flashes us one of his brilliant smiles. My heart melts and my knees begin to wobble.

A chorus of 'yeah's and 'yes's go around. Draco and Alice smile happily at each other, which causes jealousy to rise in my chest.

If doing this alliance with them, Draco just might suddenly realize he doesn't love Alice, but someone else. Someone, perhaps, that has black hair, dark blue eyes, pale skin and is named Leyra, well so be it.

Continue Reading