Access Forbidden

By stillblooming1

Naomi is a writer that has moved to Atlanta to follow her dreams in becoming a successful poet. In the midst... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Author's Note
Chapter 15
Author's Note!! & Chapter 16 Sneak Peak

Chapter 11

4.3K 266 42
By stillblooming1

Hey guys, it's time for another update!! Please, please don't hesitate to follow me. I will follow all of you lovelies back (: Also, keep in mind that all of my chapters on here are solely rough drafts, meaning they come straight from my laptop to here; so I apologize in advance for any typos or minor errors.

But as usual, do not forget to like, comment, and share if you love Naomi and Noah as well as this chapter. Happy reading!

***

The next hour and a half was excruciating for Naomi. Not only was her mind nervously swimming in the idea of Noah being in her presence again but she couldn't get herself to focus. She would wander off each time she tried to do a little paper work or tasks on her computer. Many times she caught herself zoning out to any space or object that came in her line of sight. The tips of her high heels tapped excessively on the floor underneath her desk and her mind was running in different directions, do this, do that, and this too.

Time eventually passed and once Noah arrived, she got a call from Heather to go to the lobby to meet him. Naomi rose out of her chair, swiped her palms down the outline of her dress to fix any of the creases that may have formed. Furthermore, she made sure no hair was out of place and smoothed out the top of her head. Reaching underneath her desk to grab a hold of her purse, she poked in her belongings for her favorite shade of MAC lipstick, and applied it generously. She hadn't realized how much her heart was pulsating against her chest until she began to walk towards the lobby. Naomi maintained a steady breath down the hallway and perilously tried to hold back her hidden excitement.

When saw Noah it was precisely the moment the beating behind her chest did flips. He looked amazing. She about drooled in gratitude at the sight of him. Naomi swallowed hard taking in his exquisite frame. Noah's hair was mildly tousled. His demeanor was hard and firm. He was standing in the corner of the lobby while his light brown orbs pierced forward, studying the news station on the flat screen television hung on the wall. He didn't notice Naomi come in the room which she was grateful for because it gave her an opportunity to take all of him in. She trailed her eyes down to his nicely trimmed beard that held on to his structured jawline. It wasn't too long but gave an impressive emphasis to his face. She continued her gaze down his body. He wore a fitted suit, outlined Noah's build exceptionally, from his chest to his muscular legs. Naomi blushed and shyly glanced down.

Bringing her head back up and finally snapping her out of her trance, Noah pivoted around to see a very intrigued Naomi, eyeing him. She noticed a smirk sneak on his lips and he began to strut forward in her direction. Naomi quickly adjusted her body language, along with clearing her throat. He kept his eyes trained on her.

When Noah got into her fecundity, he lingered his gaze once over her body. She shivered discreetly in response to his intense overview. But Naomi didn't want him to see how much she shifted in his presence. She couldn't let him see that he made her somewhat nervous. Why wouldn't I be nervous? The man is smoking hot. Hesitating slightly, Naomi started speaking and extended out her right hand.

"Mr. Alexander. It's great to see you."

"Ms. Riley," he replied. Naomi enclosed his palm over hers and slyly placed a small peck on the back of her naked skin.

"It's always nice to see you."

Naomi's cheeks about burst into flames at his gesture. But in the back of her mind she was sort of relieved that he hadn't used her first name. Mostly because Heather was observing their meeting with an arched eyebrow, probably noticing how flustered she must have looked. She cleared her throat,

"If you would just follow me this way. We have a special room for match-maker and client meetings."

Naomi started off and Noah lagged a little behind her. She could feel him staring holes into her back and which she almost forgot how to walk. God. Naomi slightly stumbled and tried to regain her footing. He must think I'm incompetent. Walking down the slender hallway, Noah caught up beside her and gave her a charming smile. The two of them matched step for step remained silent until they made it to the room. Naomi opened the door, and gestured for him to have a seat. The space was cozy, a small couch next to two leather chairs were placed in the middle. A glass coffee table held an elegant flower vase, which held an array of dazzling lilies. There was also a few business and life style magazines next to it. On the other side of the room was a white marble desk was positioned right in front of the window with a couple of papers and pens on top.

Naomi ambled over to the desk and clutched a black pen, and a fair size notebook.

"You can have a seat anywhere you like," she spoke.

Without a word, Noah waltzed to the couch and plopped down. He crossed his legs in the process and leaned back until his toned back hit the cushions. She decided to sit in one of the smaller chairs across from him. She felt his beam the whole time but Noah was shameless when it came to where he directed his attention and mostly when it came to her. He took Naomi in with an eager look, resembling the same way she eyed him earlier. Naomi mimicked his body language and crossed her legs as well. They battled each other to a quiet stare down, then Noah broke finally the silence.

"You are so beautiful."

            Naomi's cheeks instantly lit up and she pushed back a lump in her throat. She shyly tucked back a strand of her locks behind her ear.

            "Thank you," she whispered, letting a sweet smile wash over her lips.

            "I mean it," he added.

            "You're absolutely enticing."

            Noah studied her with an incredibly alluring façade. Naomi fidgeted in her seat, consciously letting his compliment fill her. She steered away from his statement and said,

            "So, what did you think about the ball this weekend?"

            "I enjoyed it," Noah responded with a light shrug.

            Sensing his disapproval, she replied,

            "You didn't like it?"

            "I never said that," Noah shot back. "I guess I just didn't get the same thing out of it like the other guests did."

            "And what's that?" she questioned.

            "A match."

            He was right. He was one of the few people that night to not find a match. The rest of the guests were reported to find someone to peek their interest while others actually found a date. Well maybe if he wasn't so busy trying to flirt with you, he wouldn't be in this situation. She watched as Noah stuck his fingers through his short mane. No, this is exactly what he wanted. To have a meeting here with—you.

            "Well, that's why you're here," she responded. "So, I can find out more about you and help you find an amazing date."

            He nodded.

            "Tell me a little about yourself Noah. Like the general things, work, hobbies, interests, education."

            Noah straightened up his posture, so he was sitting erect on the love seat. He looked bored as he answered.

            "There's not too much to say. I'm a lawyer as you may know, for one of the top firms here in Atlanta. I'm a workaholic just like you, but law isn't the only thing I like."

"Hey, I am not," she bounced back to his statement. Letting her heart hover over her chest, in fake astonishment.

"Mmhm," he teased, pursing his full lips together.

"But I love music and dance. My mom always told me if I wasn't a lawyer, the next thing I would be is a dancer."

            He chuckled, reminiscing on his mother's comment. Naomi's eyebrows raised in amazement.

            "Dancer, huh?" she let out, before she had a chance to catch herself.

            "Yup," he said. Almost as if it were the most casual thing in the world.

            "No wonder you were so smooth on the dance floor. I should have known!" she exclaimed, shaking her head.

            "Don't act too surprised," he laughed.

            "That's awesome! Do you just dance on your free time?"

            "Unfortunately...there's just always something going on at the firm. So, I don't always have the time or even will to on my days off."

            "I know what you mean," Naomi said in a soft tone. She thought of how it was for her with her writing. How work always seemed to get in the way.

            "What about you?" he directed the attention back to her. "What does a busy-body like yourself do for on their spare time?"

            His pupils danced as he matched her gaze. She gulped and lowered her head with a grin.

            "I just work here," she said.

            "Oh come on Naomi." There was the use of her first name again, she fidgeted as he continued, "There must be something else you're interested in other than matching couples up for a living."

            She raised her brows at his forwardness.

            "Occasionally, I write."

            Noah leaned forward and appeared to be intricately involved at her every word.

            "Really?"

            "Yes," she replied.

            "Writing is such an excellent way of self-expression. I always loved it, even if I didn't necessarily write on my free time. What of content do you write?" Noah retorted.

            "Poetry."

            Now his brows stuck up in fascination.

"Well, I would love to hear it one day, Ms. Riley. I bet your words are just as dazzling as you are."

Naomi blushed.

"I don't share my work," she laughed it off. "I mean, at least not yet."

"When are you going to share it?" he genuinely questioned.

"When my book is done."

"And when is that?"

"When I have the time and energy to actually finish it."

Noah left it at that, and decided to leave the discussion alone about her book. She seemed tense when speaking about it and he didn't want to stress or even upset her. Therefore, the meeting continued and Naomi directed the questions right back to Noah. She learned a great deal about him from his favorite activities, to his favorite dancers and he kept Naomi smiling the rest of their meeting. Noah certainly was a witty man. He would tease and joke with Naomi but she didn't mind.

Her notebook was half full with notes because of the numerous moments where she caught herself growing distracted with each story Noah told and seemingly forgot to scribble down the details. Noah surprised Naomi in a positive way and with each sentence she felt more and more drawn and thoroughly intrigued to know more about him. They had been chatting for over an hour, and Naomi was beginning to wrap the conversation up, until the door flew open and smashed against the wall.

Mr. Mogul stood in the doorway, with his hands balled up into fists. He shot a cold and deadly glare at the both of them.

Here we go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 7.3K 25
Mia Shannon struggles to adjust to her life in San Francisco after moving there from the south. It's hard being the only black girl at the company sh...
478K 13K 20
"His eyes are like the dark abyss of space, when he meet her suddenly his dark space was fill with light." Sebastian and Naomi are two completely dif...
12.7M 460K 52
Highest Ranking: # 15 in Romance on August, 5, 2018 Highest Ranking: #1 in CEO on December, 15,2018 Highest Ranking#1 in Interracial January,10,2020...
15.5M 632K 68
"What happened last night was a mistake. We both had too much to drink and one thing led to another. It was an act of alcohol and nothing more. I don...