Tightly Knit āŸ¶ Fred Weasley

By kmbell92

WARNING: UNDER REWRITING AND HEAVY EDITING Read at your own risk! Life started off complicated for young Elea... More

Please Read
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY- SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY- SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO
CHAPTER SEVENTY-THREE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SEVENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-SIX
CHAPTER SEVENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SEVENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SEVENTY-NINE
CHAPTER EIGHTY
CHAPTER EIGHTY-ONE
CHAPTER EIGHTY-TWO
CHAPTER EIGHTY-THREE
CHAPTER EIGHTY-FOUR
CHAPTER EIGHTY-FIVE

CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO

132K 7.9K 2.6K
By kmbell92

Hoping Fred and George would eventually figure out things on their own, Eleanor left the two to return to the Common Room with her gift in hand. As soon as she walked in, she could see Cedric and Marnie, sharing a conversation on one of the sofas. They were sharing a blanket and appeared awfully cosy until Cedric noticed Eleanor's arrival and immediately jumped to his feet. Before she could say anything, she found herself wrapped in a tight hug, being rocked back and forth.

"Um, I'm happy to see you too, Queenie," Eleanor squeaked, "but you're crushing my ribs and it's getting harder to breathe."

"Marnie told me everything!" he wasted no time getting to the point. "I'm so happy for you! A little disappointed that I'm only finding out about it now, considering how much effort I put into this, but you and Fred are official! Best Christmas gift ever."

Eleanor laughed with a shake of her head as Cedric hugged her again. "You two are making it sound like you've been waiting on this for ages."

"That's because we were waiting for ages," Marnie told her, "A whole year if you don't remember, of the two of you going back and forth flirting and tiptoeing around your feelings. Excuse us for being a little excited. I'm glad I never put any money down on a bet regarding the time limit or I would have been out of money long ago."

"Alright, so we took our time," Eleanor muttered, "but it was worth it in my opinion."

"Is he a good kisser?" Cedric asked, leaving both girls to look over at him. "What? It's a valid question!"

Turning slightly red, Eleanor nodded her head, while Marnie folded her arms and turned directly towards Cedric.

"Why didn't you ever ask me if Lee was a good kisser?" she asked. "We've been dating longer than these two."

There was an awkward silence that left Eleanor uneasy as Cedric seemed to be trying to come up with an answer. However, they were all saved from the answer when Maxine entered the Common Room with a rather concerning announcement.

"Ellie, Professor McGonagall is outside the barrels," she began, "she said she needs to see you immediately. She said it's urgent, you're being summoned to the Headmaster's office. She wanted me to see if you were in here."

Even though she hadn't done anything wrong in recent times, Eleanor wondered why she was being called to Professor Dumbledore's office and it seemed her friends were wondering the same thing.

"Ellie, what did you do?" Marnie whispered to her. "Did you and the twins pull another prank in the castle?"

"No," she answered, "I swear, we were only opening gifts and that was it. I came right back here when I left them. I don't think they were up to anything either, they were too busy trying to figure out the gifts I gave them. Maybe Professor Dumbledore wants to hear about what happened last night...you know...what happened to Artemis."

Her theory made a lot more sense, knowing that the twins wouldn't throw her name into the mix if they happened to get in trouble unless they were looking to use her as an alibi, but she hoped that wasn't the case.

Trying to ignore the worried expressions on her friends' faces, Eleanor left the Common Room and made her way through the tunnel of the barrel to find Professor McGonagall waiting on her. She didn't appear upset, which Eleanor hoped was a good sign, but she only told Eleanor to follow her before she started walking away. Obediently, Eleanor hurried behind her, making her way through a series of corridors until they reached the Headmaster's Tower.

"Professor, could you tell me why I'm being called to see Professor Dumbledore?" she asked finally.

Before Professor McGonagall could deliver the password to a sapient gargoyle statue, she peered over her shoulder. Her square frames slid down her nose and her green gaze met Eleanor's, with a rather softer appearance.

"I wasn't informed of those details, Ms Ross," she said, "but I hope you have a good explanation for whatever it is."

That didn't ease Eleanor's nerves in the slightest, and while it was tempting to run away, she knew she wouldn't make it far. Instead, she followed Professor McGonagall up the staircase until they reached the office.

Eleanor had never ventured to the Headmaster's office, but rather than appreciating the interior of the large circular room, she was only greeted by Professor Snape, who seemed to be impatiently waiting on their arrival. He didn't look happy to see her, but she wasn't exactly overjoyed to see him either. What was he doing there anyway? She wasn't even taking his class anymore. Subconsciously, her mind wandered to her father mentioning over the summer that Professor Snape tended to stick his nose where it didn't belong.

However, he wasn't the only one present in the room as Eleanor was able to look around and see that Professor Moody was there, along with Artemis.

Immediately, her heart started racing, even though no one had told her she was in trouble yet. But as she continued to scan the area for clues, she spotted the scarf that she had knitted for George, in Professor Moody's hands.

"Ms Ross," Professor Dumbledore's voice dragged her attention away from the garment, "how are you this morning?"

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Professor Snape roll his eyes as Dumbledore hadn't started interrogating right away but seemed to be making polite conversation. But the little twinkle in his eyes, made it seem that he already knew all the answers, so there was no point in jumping into it.

"I'm fine," she replied, "but I think I would be better if I knew what was going on and why I was called here."

"Ah yes," he smiled, "well it seems Ms Carrow here has brought to everyone's attention the possibility of you enchanting your clothing in order to harm other students."

Instantly, Eleanor looked over in Artemis' direction, but Artemis didn't look at her, only focusing her gaze on the floor. When Eleanor glanced around the room, she could see everyone looking at her or the scarf that was set on the desk.

"Enchanted clothing?" she repeated. "I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about."

She could only hear the echo of Fred's advice that whenever caught, to play stupid as long as possible, especially if there was no evidence. But the evidence itself was staring directly at her, in the form of a scarf that she had gifted to George earlier. How had Artemis managed to get her hands on it?

"Ms Carrow, would you like to explain?" Dumbledore offered but Artemis remained silent until Professor Moody cleared his throat to speak.

"I found Ms Carrow in the corridors looking rather suspicious as she was lurking around, rather hunched over as if she was looking for something. Perhaps the evidence of this scarf, so she could falsely accuse Ms Ross of something."

"I wasn't lurking!" Artemis protested. "I was just...the scarf..."

Eleanor stood absolutely bewildered over what was taking place, whether it was the fact that Professor Moody had addressed her by her actual surname or the way it sounded like he was trying to defend her. However, as Artemis tried to explain, Professor Snape decided it was his turn to speak.

"A few weeks ago, Ms Carrow came to me after serving detention with Ms Ross and other names that are to be well assumed," he spoke slowly, "she claimed that during the detention, she was struck in the face. Although her claim seemed to be rather odd, as she stated that Ms Ross' jumper was behind it. Perhaps there is truth to her claims, Professor Moody, rather than assuming she is attempting to set up a well-known prankster."

"Well-know is an exaggeration if I've ever heard one," Professor McGonagall interjected, much to Eleanor's relief. "Perhaps we should stop speculating and get to the bottom of this, shall we?"

Professor Dumbledore made his way from out behind his desk and lifted up the scarf in his hand, he looked it over once before looking directly at Eleanor again.

"Ms Ross, have you been placing any charms or enchantments on your clothing?"

"No, Professor."

"Perhaps, we should be looking at these specific garments," Professor Snape said, "and examining them more closely."

"If you want, I'm wearing some of my own knitted socks right now," Eleanor replied in a rather challenging tone as she stared at Professor Snape. "You can take a look at those too, but afterwards, I would like that scarf to be returned to George, seeing as it was one of his Christmas gifts."

Without waiting for any confirmation, Eleanor promptly removed her shoes and removed her socks to place on the desk. Of course, she was only attempting to create a bluff, having no idea whether or not the adults around her would be able to discover her secret.

Removing his wand, Professor Snape aimed it at the knitted garments and silently tried to make the garments "reveal" themselves. But every time he tried, nothing happened, the scarf and socks remained still, and Eleanor had to bite back her triumphant smirk that threatened to pull at the corner of her lips.

"It appears as though the clothing isn't enchanted," Professor Moody scoffed, "shocker."

"What of the jumper that Ms Carrow described?" Professor Snape countered. "And gifts were mentioned being given to Mr Weasley, were there other pieces?"

Her silence confirmed that there were other pieces, leaving her wanting to kick herself. Professor Dumbledore told Eleanor to gather her knitted garments, while he sent Professor McGonagall to collect George from the Gryffindor Tower. All the while, he dismissed Artemis from his office, while keeping a feuding Snape and Moody behind.

Making her way down the flight of steps, Eleanor turned to prayer, hoping that she would be able to get out of the situation without any trouble. So far, her socks and the scarf she had made managed to outsmart whatever Professor Snape had used in hopes of discovering anything. But with little knowledge of how things worked, she wasn't sure if everything else would hold up the same. As she stepped off the last step, Artemis appeared, waiting on her and Eleanor wanted nothing more but to tell the girl to sod off and leave her alone. She was set on ignoring her, but Artemis jumped out in front of her.

"Wait!" she begged. "Just let me explain, please. I wasn't trying to get you in trouble."

"Well, you did a terrible job at it."

"You don't understand," Artemis sighed, "after you left the Hospital Wing, Madam Pomfrey gave me a draught for my headache and let me go. I was...I was trying to find you to thank you for what you did for me last night. But when I found you, you were walking away with the twins and that scarf was following you three. It ended up getting snagged around a corner and I didn't know what to make of it, so I was creeping up slowly on it, afraid that it was going to hit me, as your jumper did. I know it sounds mad...and then Professor Moody found me and thought I was up to something, but Professor Snape came around the corner and said that since he was Head of the Slytherin House that he was to deal with Slytherin students...."

"But you told Professor Snape that I enchanted my jumper to attack you- "

"I did but that was only after the detention. I was angry, alright?! I didn't deserve to be in detention. But I didn't say anything about it today, it's just been Professor Snape and Professor Moody arguing over everything."

"Why should I believe you?" Eleanor asked cautiously. "You said it yourself, you only see me as a threat. You think me and my father have tainted blood."

Artemis didn't argue but rather took a step aside, allowing Eleanor to leave.

After a rather eventful evening before, Eleanor had been looking forward to a peaceful Boxing Day, but fate had other plans as she had to make her way back to the Hufflepuff dorms to collect her own clothing. Marnie and Cedric were full of questions, but she told them she didn't have time to explain as she made her way back to the Headmaster's Tower.

Well, at least she was getting her exercise in for the day.

Upon her return, Fred and George were already there, looking awfully confused only to look bewildered when Eleanor entered with armfuls of her clothing. They had their gifts in their hands, leaving Eleanor to feel annoyed because she had personally made each piece for them with no ill-intent.

"What's going on, Love?" Fred whispered to her after she set her things down on Dumbledore's desk. "Why did you bring all your knitted stuff here?"

"Messrs Weasley," Professor Dumbledore spoke before she could answer, "how are you two today?"

"Confused," George answered truthfully.

"Slightly hungry," Fred replied.

"Well, I do have a few holiday treats left over, if you wish to snack- "

Professor Snape cleared his throat, practically glaring at Professor Dumbledore. "Perhaps we should focus on the task at hand?"

"Ah right you are, Severus," Professor Dumbledore said, "Gentlemen, if I may ask you a question, have you two noticed anything particular about the gifts Ms Ross presented you recently?"

Without missing a beat, in unison, the twins gave their answer.

"No."

All the while, Professor Moody and Professor Snape attempted to reveal anything that the clothing seemed to be hiding, but after the twins delivered their answer, Professor Dumbledore thanked them for their honesty and then turned to the two professors, to get them to stop.

"The clothing seems to be fine," he said, "thank you both for your time. I'll ask that you all see your way out and enjoy the rest of the day."

No one dared to argue with him, Snape taking the lead out of the office first with Moody grumbling behind him. Fred looked at Eleanor, but she gave him a gesture that she would be fine as she walked over to collect her things. They went ahead without her, leaving her alone with Professor McGonagall and Professor Dumbledore. They didn't say anything as she quickly gathered all of her items in her arms and made her way to leave.

"Ms Ross, one last thing before you go," he called after her, making Eleanor turn around. "I believe you're forgetting something."

Eleanor peered down to see where George's scarf was attempting to free itself from out under Dumbledore's foot. It was incredibly quiet as Eleanor could only bring herself to stand there, but as Dumbledore removed his foot, the freed scarf hurried off in the direction where George had left. Even Professor McGonagall appeared to be in a state of shock as she took a moment to sit down in the nearest chair.

"In all my years, I've seen many different types of knitting needles, Ms Ross, but I've never seen someone use their wand for the task."

"Professor, I- "

"So, you were answering honestly when you said you hadn't put any enchantments on the clothing because you put it in the clothing. Remarkably clever. Never in my time would I think to witness such a thing. Love and magic in every stitch. Beautiful."

Fred and George had only managed to make it a short distance before it finally clicked in his mind. The answer that he and George had been so desperate to figure out in regard to their pranking success, really had been in front of them all along.

"That's it," he said, bringing George to look over at him, "that was how Ellie did it. The way she avoided all of our pranks; it was the clothing."

"What?"

"Think about it, George. Every time we attempted to prank her, she was wearing something that she knitted, whether it was a jumper, scarf or cap, you name it, she had something on."

"So?"

"So, she's done something to her clothing that almost makes them impervious to our pranks!"

"But Fred, you heard Professor Dumbledore, he said the clothes weren't enchanted. That can't be it."

"Well, how else do you think she's done it? Why else would the clothes be brought in? Don't you remember when Artemis said she was slapped by one of Ellie's jumpers? What else could it be?"

"I dunno," George shrugged. "But we could always ask her."

He pointed down the corridor, where Eleanor was making her way towards them, still holding all of her garments in her arms. When she reached them, an apologetic smile greeted her lips, and she looked rather exhausted.

"I'm sorry you two were dragged into that," she said, "thankfully, none of us are in trouble."

"Good," Fred smiled, "we taught you well, I saw how calm and collected you were in there."

She chuckled. "Yes, I owe all that to you two. Thank you."

"Settle it for us then, "George interrupted. "Are the clothes enchanted, Ellie?"

"It took you two long enough to figure it out."

"Told you," Fred sang.

George shook his head, his lips parting in shock. "How?! Dumbledore said there were no enchantments on the clothing."

"And technically there isn't any enchantment on the clothing. It's in the clothing," she told them.

"Huh?"

Adjusting her clothing in her arms, Eleanor made a grab for her wand.

"When I was younger, one of my knitting needles went missing, I don't think I ever found it. But rather than asking my mother for a new one, I started using my wand and it worked really well. And maybe I didn't notice back then, but I certainly came to realise that things happened after I started using my wand. I have never had any of my pairs of socks go missing, seems silly, but really, how often can you keep a pair together? And then, I noticed that in bad weather, my clothing had a tendency to stay dry."

Fred thought back to the quidditch practice that had soaked the entire team except for Eleanor.

"Oh. So, then you weaved something into your garments that made you avoid our pranks?"

"Not really," she admitted, "I thought it was good luck or the two of you just had poor aim. But I started to put it together slowly. Those pieces were made before we ever started talking regularly, but that's when I started to put things together that something had to be up. Who knows, maybe my pieces are just protective of me. Could explain why my jumper slapped Artemis."

"Well, at least now we know how you got away with it for this long," George said. "I'll have to say it's amazing."

"Thank you," she grinned proudly.

"Did Dumbledore figure it out?"

"Well of course he did, nothing gets passed that man. But he didn't seem bothered by it, actually, he seemed rather impressed."

"I bet," Fred said, " I don't think anyone has ever thought to do something like that."

George held up his cap. "So, when you were making this...you were thinking of all the memories we shared together?"

Eleanor nodded.

"Will everyone see it if they put the cap on?"

"I'm not entirely sure, I tested it on myself," Eleanor said, "and then I tried it on you two."

"On us?!" George shrieked. "What if it damaged our brains?!"

"That was a risk I was willing to take,"

Fred and George looked at each other. "Say, Love," Fred began, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. "You wouldn't happen to be wearing any of your knitting things right now, correct?"

"No, I'm not, why-" she stopped as the two grinned. "Don't you two dare! We called a truce!"

She couldn't ignore the twinkle of mischief in their eyes and without hesitation, she took off down the corridor.

"Come on, Ellie! Don't run!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 5K 59
When the Marauders, Lily and their rival, Severus come in contact with a cauldron that sends them to the future, hell brakes loose! Sirius Black is o...
5.9M 348K 103
Book 2 Everyone knew the story of the Boy Who Lived. But many weren't familiar with the story of the Girl Who Knitted. Eleanor Ross knitted her way t...
54.3K 1.5K 65
(COMPLETED) Things Eleanor Potter expected of her final year at Hogwarts: - Pranking the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor until they quit...
41.1K 1.2K 22
"Don't you dare die on me, Weasley." "I wouldn't dream of it, Lupin. I haven't told you I love you yet." ā˜†ā€¢ā˜…ā€¢ā˜† Cha...