Birthday Wish//discountinued

By TheLostCandy

In the span of 7 years of losing your loved ones, everything it does is depression and pain and even a little... More

Prolouge
Chapter One: I made a wish that can never happen
Chapter Two: The new guy's mentor is Shakespeare's descendant
Chapter Three: All hail the so-called Jesus
Chapter Four: I didn't know that boys still show their cheesy side
Chapter Five: I think I'm jealous
Chapter Six: Are there suppose to be arrows or clues for his signs?
Chapter Seven: I'm engaged without even knowing
Chapter Eight: Expectation the root of all heartbreaks
Author's Note
Chapter Ten: Those good old days I've been missing...
Chapter 11 : A damn good kisser
Chapter 12: Oh! You look like a blonde Mr. Darcy
Chapter 13: I am your King and you are my Queen
Chapter 14: I don't want to talk.
Chapter 15: The lights went out
Good News!!!
Getting to know me
Chapter 16: I need you
Domino Effect
I'M STOPPING NOW

Chapter Nine: There's this guy who is...always cocky on Wednesday

52 8 0
By TheLostCandy

Chapter Nine: There's this guy who is...always cocky on Wednesday

"Tomorrow, dear. You'll be known as the princess of Denmark. Once was a legend but is now sought." Seriously, my parents speak as if we were in ancient times.

"But a day is not enough for you to learn how to be a ruler, a guide, and a royalty. So, you'll have to learn the basic for tomorrow. Just for show."

Mother snapped her finger then one of the maids set down a pile of books. My mother picked up the largest one and opened it. "A princess must be knowledgable about everything; in her kingdom, in the field of music, literary, technology, arts, dances, to what she should wear, or how she should speak. It is important to have your every move, tarnished." I mentally groaned to every word that came out of her mouth.

"Do you know all the countries?" I nodded. I had memorized them all for history in 8th grade and until now, I still do.

With the events coming in faster than the last, I feel more anxious and hesitant about this marriage. The problem with this is that we have to convince the public about a strong bond.

"That's not it, dear." She placed my fingers on the strings and ordered me to strum in up and down pattern. I wasn't a musician or anything and besides, how is this connected to being a ruler? I wouldn't have time to play it anyway.

I might seem collected outside but inside, I'm slowly falling. This is all for naught! I didn't want to be fixed in a marriage! How can you even convince people with this kind of relationship we share. We're just strangers, people who are so close yet so far apart.

"Remember, in leadership, you would want to have many allies and they are most likely betrayed. However, there is a way to find real allies. Find your real friends." I let her message sink in. Now that I think of it, I never told Savannah that I was betrothed to Alex.

My mind focused on a new matter, my best friend.

"Annabeth, where you not listening?" I snapped my head to where she was talking about.

I scrunched my face in rejection. All I could think was fuck the dresses. On a perfectly straight line in a very agitating room full of mirrors, dresses and corsets were aligned by color.

"It is customary that a princess embellish gowns for every single occasion." I mentally groaned. Of course, If I had shown that to my mother, she'd definitely not hesitate to throw me out.

"I'm not used to wearing these things." I spoke softly and strained every groan threatening to come out.

"I can see why." She looked down to what I was wearing. I can see by her eyes that she was judging me and I hate it. Suddenly, I felt the urge to prove her wrong.

"There are rules so," she paused and hummed, analyzing. "We'll have to throw these clothes away."

I was taken back, too shocked to answer her. Finally, after two seconds or so, I finally came to my senses. "Wait, what?"

"Yes. Why, dear? Where these clothes given to you as a gift of some sorts?"

No! Not that. But they're expensive. I just got them with Savannah this past 2 weeks. "Not really but they were expensive."

"I'm sorry, dear, but we have to abide by the rules." She shoved a corset to my hand and said, "Get these on and when you do, call Emilia to tighten it for you." I did as I was told. I didn't have to hear something twice to do it.

***

"This dress is too tight! I can't even move in this." I complained as Emilia, the head maid, gripped the laces even harder.

Once she was done with my corset, she shoved my ass out and into the very abundant closet of my room. The mirrors copy my every move and I was still creeped out, seeing myself in mirrors placed side by side.

"Now, we have to choose a very suitable color." She pulled a pink gown covered in gems that had ruffles at the end, a large bow in the waist and the bust seemed to look good. The curves were placed all in the right places but the problem was, "No! The color is too irritating."

"Yep! Definitely." I agreed.

She pulled up dress after dress and shoving to me one after the other. They all looked terrible.

"Ah! Yes, yes." She held the dress up to my body. "Perfect!" The dress was a cream colored dress covered in raffles that was plaited perfectly. She ushered me to try it on. The corset made it hard for me to breathe but the dress looked good and the curves hung in all the right places.

***

I walked on the walls of the palace, not sure where. I was going but I thought of having a little bit space before I get back to where I was supposed to.

I found myself in the backyard. The yard was spacious, just enough for a mall to stand on.

I walked further into the center, I felt virginal. That was until an arrow flew past my head, missing a few strands of my hair. It was too fast that I almost didn't dodge. I turned my head and saw Alex gawking.

He ran up to my stranded self, his bow on his right arm and his quiver full of silver arrows was slung on his shoulder.

"I- I'm truly sorry, Princess Annabeth." I don't know why but hearing him talk so professional took the words right out of my mouth.

"Tsk. Fine, sure it's okay to fly an arrow when a person is right there." I shook my head and turned on my heel.

"What do you want me to do? You're standing right there in front of the target!" He raised his voice but I didn't dare look back at him.

I never thought that he would have an impatient tone or that I was the one who provoked it. I always thought of him as a tolerant person but I guess I misjudged the person.

***

I was left on my own after the announcement. I'd finished greeting guests like Dutch and Duchesses or kings and queens. I was quite exhausted myself, I could barely keep breathing in my corset.

I sipped in a small amount of white wine, made by the finest winemaker of the country. The alcohol burnt my tongue but I continued on drinking until the burning sensation was gone and the drink was bearable.

My eyes scanned the room and saw the couples, married and not, dancing on a song the orchestra was playing. I hummed along the tune, guessing the next rhythm. Their feet moved to the beat and they all looked happy.

This party was supposed to be for me but I'm not even happy.

Whenever a guest greeted me or passed me by, I just smiled. I felt melancholy and I'm pretty sure I looked awkward crouching at the table for appetizers. At least the chocolate fountain tasted good.

Finally, I felt tired of watching them. I walked out of the pavilion and went into the balcony.

"So much for your welcoming night, huh?" Alex came from behind me wearing a smug face.

I hummed in response, not really wanting to engage in a conversation, especially with people who I've had just a bad memory of.

"Look." He sighed, "if this is still about what happened the other day, I-- I didn't mean it and I'm not saying that it's your fault." He held up his hands in defense then immediately slumped his shoulders.

I smiled, "Of course, and why are you even apologizing? It's not like you were the one who yelled at me for something small?"

He chocked on his own saliva and turned towards me. "Some-something small?!" Pausing, he gulped down a large bubble of air and sucked them in. It was probably to calm his nerves. "It was your life. Do you not think what would happen if you didn't turn?"

"There it is again!" My face flushed in frustration as I slouched my shoulders.

"What?" This is hopeless, this guy was as numb as a rock.

"You being formal just really works me out. I don't want that. Everyone just acts like manners bode out with your way of speaking but I beg to differ." I glanced up and immediately met his blue eyes. "Please, don't talk so formal around me when we're alone. I don't want that. It would feel unrealistic, like a dummy." I pleaded.

Breaking my stare, I leaned on the railing. Suddenly, I felt warm hands on my waist and heated breath on my ear. He pressed his lips near my ear until it was audible.

"Sure. Whatever you say, Rapunzel." I could literally feel the smirk on his face.

"Getting cocky, aren't we?"

"Eh.. Only on Wednesdays." We both laughed.

At least I had the chance to enjoy my night, even if it was for a bit.

A/N: It's been a long time since I last updated this book. Lol. Hey! Congratulations to my fellow 5sausers or sexy bitches, as Luke once said, in winning the votationHaha! We bypassed Lady Gaga. Anyways, yasss! I have Magnus Chase and finished it along with The Heir.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share.

Lots of Love,
TheLostCandy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.3K 5.8K 154
One of the most painful things on earth is to lose a loved one. Whether in death or heartbreak. It's a pain different from all others. You feel ever...
690 120 50
Stella hasn't ever exactly been "normal." Not by a long shot. But-mental problems and friend problems aside-there's something else. One really specif...
4M 131K 41
I flinch as his hand reaches to my face, and aggressively pulls down the cloak from my head. He surveys my tear stained face and jewelry all the way...
594 67 11
Could it be my imagination? What's more astonishing is that it's not scary at all. I mean I do want to keep listening to the voice. Could the night s...