The King's Possession -- Book...

By HowlingJane

(COMPLETED) The second novel of the Underworld Series! Can be read separately. For a mature audience! ______ ... More

Opening
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Epilogue
The Story Continues

Chapter Five

14.5K 530 44
By HowlingJane

          Thank you all for being so patient while I have been away and working on Masquerade, along with my little break that I am still currently on. But, this book has gone too long without an update, and that drives me crazy. So, here you go my loves! Now with Masquerade finished, I can enjoy my break and then be back on a normal schedule when I return... which will be in the next few weeks. I will be back -hopefully- around the week of thanksgiving. And I can already say that this break as done wonders for me and my train of thought for this book. I can't wait for all you loves to find out what happens.

____

Enjoy my loves!!!

        I woke the next morning feeling cold and lifeless. My body was bear of clothing, and even though I could feel heat radiating off a body pressed against mine, it did nothing to warm the chill in my bones. Allowing my eyes to open, I felt the protest as it seemed my lids did not want to become... unstuck. The tears had seemed to sew them together, not wanting them to separate from the fresh seal. It almost was like wax on a piece of paper, holding a letter together. However, I seemed to manage to allow my eyes to flutter open and look around me. My wrists were heavy, along with my ankles, and I instantly bit the inside of my cheek to stop the tears from flowing down my cheeks. He had cuffed me... had stripped me once again of my pride and spirit.

      Kratos laid beside me, slumbering softly. Anger bubbled in me, and without another thought, I rolled off the bed and grabbed the dagger that was beside me. Jumping on top of him, I pinned the large arms beside his head, causing him to wake with a start once the cool metal of the blade was pressed against the soft flesh of his neck. Crystal eyes looked at me, a smile on his lips. The anger deepened, seeming to practically consume me. This, all of these feelings, they were against my teachings. I could feel -yes- but I was not meant to show such things. Especially to an enemy. And this so called 'King' was so much more than my enemy, he was the reason that I would not rest until his life was ended. And it would be with my hands, or the blade in my hand.

      I looked down at him, pressing the blade in further, cutting the skin slightly, allowing a drop of dark red blood roll down onto the sheets of the bedding. Smirking, I watched it mix with the silver of the blade, a beautiful contrast. A contrast that I had not been given the pleasure of seeing for many, many moons and tides now. And to think, it had all started because of a Mistress who thought money to be more important than a family. Foolish woman, and foolish King. They were all fools, believing that I would bow down to them, think of them as my equal when they themselves had proven their own hearts unworthy of caring and tender affection.

      "Speak a single word, and I will cut your throat. And don't believe that I won't enjoy the sight of you bleeding to death under my fingers," I growled out, my voice completely empty of emotion. It felt as if I was back in my teachings with Maketis, him pinned below me as the other younglings in the tribe watched. We were not allowed to show emotion in our faces, but especially the eyes. They were a weakness, and if enough emotion was shown in combat or toward someone who was not Eenack, we would be blinded. Perhaps it would have been easier to show some emotion back then, then I would not be affected by his iridescent gaze. If I was someone else, it would almost be like a spell cast on me. But, those were foolish thoughts for foolish people, and foolish kings.

      He chuckled at me, completely calm under my touch, not even flinching when I dug the blade in further.

      "Do you find this humor, your Majesty?" I asked, letting the wonderful sight of blood start to consume. Maketis had always spoken of my fascination with dangerous acts, how I always seemed to be awed by the mere sight of a drop of fresh, red blood. I was one of the few warriors who did not flinch during the first killings in our Teachings. Death was something that was mandatory, something that would eventually catch us all. I did not fear it, I welcomed it with open arms. Especially after being taken away from my Maketis.

       "It would appear so," he said, his barrel chest rumbling under me. I felt something stir in me when the vibrations of his chuckle and voice washed over me. I instantly pushed them away like I would a plate that was no longer covered in food. In an instant, my body was flipped off of him, and I was pinned down to the bed. My naked body was pressed against his hard chest, wrists pinned down to the sides of my head, and the blade was tossed away from us, cutting into the leather of the tent. Kratos looked down at me, his gaze darkening as he moved his head closer to mine. My breathing hitched, and I instantly bit the tip of my tongue to allow saliva to pool in my mouth. His trousers covered his large thighs, the fabric hanging low on his hips -low enough to reveal the neatly trimmed pubic hair slightly-. He had me pinned completely, using the cuffs to his advantage.

       It had happened so fast, I felt a little nauseas as the world started to come back to me, no longer spinning. That was something I was not used to. And I instantly loathed him all the more.

      "Release me," I simply said, my eyes never faltering their gaze as we watched the other. He simply watched me, a few strands of waved hair falling over his forehead as he looked down at me. The dark eyes with the blue edges were once again back, and I was grateful for not looking at the iridescent gaze now.

     "That isn't an option." he simply stated before dipping his head down towards him, brushing our noses against the other. My breathing hitched in my throat, and the urge to hiss and spit on him was growing more prominent that the urge to breath. I didn't breath, didn't move, only watched in a calm taste as he brushed the bridge of his nose on mine. Why did this feel... so intimate? It aggravated me, my body trembling slightly from his presence that was too close for comfort. I could be on the other side of the Underworld, as far from him as possible, and it would still be too close. I hated this man, hated that he had placed the Cuffs of Owning on me. And for that, he would pay someday. Perhaps not today, because I knew he was right about not being able to kill him. But someday, I would be given the opportunity, and I would take it with greedy hands. "You see, I've grown rather fond of you, Little Warrior." he said with a chuckle.

      "I find your confidence... truly fascinating." I said before allowing my lungs to fill with fresh air. The salt and his natural musk twisted inside the air, filling my senses and causing my toes to curl slightly. Though I hated him, I could not deny the scent of a male was... practically mouthwatering. His scent was similar to Maketis when he would be fighting. Perhaps that was why I found it so pleasurable? He would never be allowed to know these things. Kratos smirked down at me before dipping his head lower to the tip of my pointed ear.

       My breath came out in a quiet gasp as he took the shell into his warm mouth, a shockwave of pleasure rolling down my neck and shoulders, down my spine, all the way to my toes. This was new... and irritating.

      "And why is that, my sweet?" he whispered in my ear. Moving my ear away from him, I allowed our noses to brush again while he moved one of thighs between mine, molding our bodies together perfectly.

      "Don't flatter yourself, Kratos." I hissed at him before using my hips to buck him off slightly. He simply groaned and brought himself closer to me, our bodies flush as his heat started to sink into my chilled bones. Oh the affect he had on me... it was like a large thorn in my side. A thorn that had not been removed for four long, agonizing years. And he seemed to just cause the wound to fester with a fever and infection. "It was not meant as a complement. You see... I've met men like you, my time in the pleasure house seemed to have some good use come out of it.: I said with a smirk. "I was surrounded by men, and occasionally women. And, I found a sick pleasure in making love to confident Kings, Princes, Knights, and Captains. Confidence comes from power, and power can fester and destroy once it goes into the blood.

     "And it seems that your confidence has truly caused you to believe that I would ever blink as I watched your life end." As I spoke, I moved my wrists out of his grip enough to dig my nails into his skin. A low, rumbling groan filled the tent as his eyes closed and he melted into the bed. He enjoys pain? Sick bastard. "And from the sounds of it, you enjoy pain." I hissed before moving my head quickly, taking his lower lip between my teeth before biting down. Warm blood flowed into my mouth as the flesh broke under the pressure, and a groan filled the air again. But, it was not one of pleasure.

      Getting off of me enough to release his lip, he brought one hand up to touch the wounded lip. It was red, already starting to swell under his touch. I simply smirked up at him, laying down with my hair fanned around me, some covering my breasts. I knew how I looked to him, had been cursed with having the chambers for pleasure with the mirrors on the ceiling. Countless nights, I would never feel anything as the thrusts happened, but my mind would automatically register that it was called for pleasured sounds. Along with faking an orgasm to boost an already high ego. And, from the look of rage and lust in Kratos' eyes, it seemed that my observations night after night were correct.

     "You little minx," he growled out, pulling me up to where my body was flush with his, our knees pressed into the mattress. I swallowed the saliva and little blood that filled my mouth.

     "Call me what you will, Kratos. But I know your kind all too well. You may think that you have the world fooled, that your power hasn't gone to the head on your shoulders, along with your cock." I said with a clock of my tongue, a smirk permanently curled on the corners of my lips. "And just as all the others that have crossed my path in the past, I will watch your downfall with a small. Because this sad, depressing existence that I live is only filled with joy for seeing those I hate suffer." I hissed, bringing my head back and then forward, connecting it with his nose.

       He groaned out, a sickening crack washing over me as I felt the blood move onto my forehead.

       "This is only the beginning, Kratos." I hissed out, my body free from his. I quickly moved from the bed, placing on the shirt that had been a 'gift' from the previous day. "You believe that these cuffs will stop me from fighting? You're wrong. It's not in my blood to ever stop fighting. We wait patiently in the shadows, waiting for the right time to come. And when it does, I won't hesitate to break free and kill you. If you be asleep or awake, by the time I'm done with you, you'll be begging to the gods that you were never born into this cruel, dark world." I said with a hiss.

       Kratos watched me, his eyes dark as anger washed over me, my teachings forgotten as the rage set in. One of two things happened when you broke an Eenacks' Spirit: They died from sorrow, or they fight until the last breath is given to the air. I was going to fight. After tossing and turning during the night, constantly being surrounded by his intoxicating scent, I realized that my sorrow was going to do nothing but hold me back. The cuffs would be there, no matter what would happen between us. But, I knew that from the moment that I stepped foot towards him, this man would have an impact on my life. I just see now that it was nothing but negative and dark.

        Placing on the trousers, I walked out of the tent into the fresh morning air. The guards were walking around, some finishing breakfast, some making sure the tents were secure in their bags that held them during travel. But, the one thing that truly stood out to me, was the fact that whenever they would look at me, their eyes held nothing but sorrow and sadness for me. And that was something that I was not used to. Sympathy was never given growing up. You learned from your mistakes, and you pressed on. You weren't sympathies for them, weren't shown any affection but instruction.

        I wasn't sure what was affection growing up, if I was honest now. Seeing all these emotions, different expressions during my time in the pleasure house, it had caused me to wonder what else life was like outside of the Floating Islands, or the pleasure house. But, I had never been given the chance to find out.

       "Breakfast?" I heard behind me. I never turned, just walked forward as I saw one of the guards go into the tent that held Kratos, carrying a bowl of healing water. It seemed that I wouldn't be keeping the satisfaction of causing him pain. But, even though I had broken his nose, the pain that it caused him was nothing compared to what I had felt the past four years. "You need to eat, Miss." I heard a soft voice behind me.

       Turning quickly around to face guard, I glared at him. He was the smallest out of all of them, seeming to be training and had come on this voyage for experience. I instantly smirked, crossing my hands over my chest, tilting my head to the side to examine him. The boy had a shy aura around him, his voice not holding any authority.

      "What?" I asked simply, wanting to hear him talk again. I would need something to distract me in my time with Kratos. Perhaps this boy would be just what I needed?

      "You... u-ugh... You need to, ugh... You need to eat, M-mi-miss." He stuttered, looking down at me from the few inches of height he had on me. With soft brown skin, dark eyes, and short hair that had been shaved to the crown on his head, he was tall and slim. It would take time, surly, but he had potential for a true warrior. There was potential, I could see it in his stance, though is was slightly slouched.

      "I'll listen to your instruction when you have authority, child." I said with a raised brow, finding myself testing him as I had so many younglings over the years. His dark eyes went wide as he blinked at me. "Did I stutter as you had?" I simply asked. He shook his head in a 'no' at me. I let out a quick breath, shaking my own head. "You need to grow a backbone if you wish to fight some day. Ask me again in a few minutes to feed." I said before walking away.

       The boy started to open his mouth, but I raised a hand at him, silencing him completely.

       "Only when you have learned to put some authority in your voice, and are not intimidated by a woman." I called back, walking towards the steeds that were grazing on the tall blades of grass. Anger bubbled inside me, my hands knotted into tight fists that caused my knuckles to turn a sickening white. I needed air, air that wasn't tainted by the stench of these men. I laughed under my breath, walking past all of them and close to the steads, instantly feeling more comfortable.

      They didn't deserve the title of a man. A man was someone who wasn't afraid to show emotions, know true strength that wasn't always in the forearms. A man was someone who cared, but knew what to shut down his emotions for the greater good. These males knew no such things. It seemed that I would at least have these fools to entertain me during my stay.      

       My stead trotted over towards me, her mane flowing in the soft breeze that brushed on my skin. It wouldn't be long before we were on the move again. And, I had a very different feeling than I was used to. I would not be riding alone, no, not after my suicidal attempt yesterday.

       Walking towards the trunk of an oak tree that was within seeing distance from the camp, the stead and I walked over and picked a few fruits from the bushes that littered the land. Fresh berries, and a few nuts from smaller trees. It would have to do for breakfast. Besides, before I had been taken, my body was used to only eating one large meal every few nights, allowing my body to be slim and quick. Now I was just slim because I refused to eat properly as I drowned my sorrow in a bottle of ale or wine.

        "What a sad existence I live," I mumbled, popping the last blue berry into my mouth, letting the sweet and tangy flavor explode in my mouth and calm my growling stomach. I looked at the stead which grazed behind me, laying down with her head only a foot away from my hand, allowing me to easily pet her. "You're lucky, you know." I whispered, smiling softly at her. It was the first time in years that I felt comfortable enough to allow my lips to curl up in a pleasant feeling. Any other time, it was all a joke, an act even, for those around me to believe one thing when it was a complete lie. It always fascinated me how idiotic people could be. Don't they know that the ones that smile the most are the most hurt?      

   The stead let out a breath, looking at me with large, brown eyes, chewing on the few blades of grass in its mouth.
       "You're only bound on the land for a few years, then your soul will go on. I'm stuck here," I whispered while looking down at the cuffs. "Bound by a King who believes that I am something that is a possession. Neither of us should be bought, sold, and traded. Yet, here we are. Living, breathing, with thoughts and feelings of our own, and yet we are looked at like items of gold... or jewels." I bit I out the final word, instantly wishing for Yokeens sickening voice to be rid of my mind. Even after his death, the man continued to fill my thoughts and dreams.

       "You're not my possession," I heard come from the camp, the booming voice filling the land around us. I let out a scoff, my eyes looking up at Kratos as he walked over, his body covered in his normal robing, his sword fastened to him, along with his waved hair pulled back in a bun at the base of his neck. I will enjoy watching that idiotically attractive face lose all life from my own hands. "I've explained my reasoning for what I did, Vixas." He stated, standing in front of me with a raised brow. I chuckled, looking away from him as I ran my fingers through the cool blades of grass that cradled my skin.

       "And you fail to realize that what you have done, is exactly what I am stating. You bought something with a beating heart," I growled out, standing up to be more level with his height. I wasn't intimidated by this man, my anger and hatred wouldn't allow something like that now. "You've bought me like a piece of jewelry that goes around your neck to show your wealth and power: a possession." I stated, clicking my tongue to let the stead know it was time for us to be leaving camp soon. She stood, shaking her body as she blew out a breath. "Good girl," I said with a smile, patting her neck when she stood beside me.

           "You're as stubborn as a wild beast," Kratos said with a sigh, shaking his head at me in disbelief. I smirked at him, taking a few steps towards him, the cuffs instantly seeming to become heavier. That was odd.

        "And you're an arrogant bastard with a crocked nose," I said with glee, looking at the turned nose that was turned to the left a little too much to be comfortable. He narrowed his eyes at me, seeming to not enjoy the sickening pleasure that I had gotten out of his deformity. "You're not going to fix it?" I asked innocently, walking to stand directly in front of him. Two could play that this game that he had started earlier. And I would be sure to finish on top. I always have, even from the beginning of my teachings, and I would once he was dead.

       "I seem to be rather fond of it," he said with a playful smirk, causing my lips to drop in a frown. That only caused him to wink a darkened eye at me, and I hissed at him, shutting him up and letting that idiotic look on his face drop. Good. "You don't like it?" He asked.

       "Almost as much as I truly hate you," I stated, standing up on my toes so I could be level with his nose. "Let me fix that, Your Majesty." And with a quick flick of the wrist, I grabbed his nose and twisted it back into place, listening to the sickening crack fill the air once again. He growled out at me, going to grab my wrist to stop me, but I was quickly out of his reach. Standing behind him, I dropped to my knees, bringing my leg around to go by his ankles, and kicked his legs out from under him. The ground shook as he laid on his back, the air leaving him in a long puff. Everything when instantly quiet, the only sound being of my smirk and the groans that left him softly.

        "You're going to regret ever laying eyes on me, Kratos. That much you'll know before your last breath." I hissed out, easily mounting the stead that was covered in the saddle and the leather rains, easily slipping into my hands. I clicked my tongue once, and the stead moved forward in a joyous trot. I smirked, looking forward that the camp that held the men, all with a shocked expression on their faces.        Raising a brow, I looked at all of them.

         "Get back to work," I shouted, letting the memory of teachings and the authority that it caused to be held wash over me, "We leave in ten minutes. Pack up, piss, and we ride out." When they continued to look at me, I let out a low hiss, instantly causing some to move and go to their taste quickly. "MOVE IT!"

_______

         It took the rest of the day and most of the afternoon to reach the glass sea, where eternal night was cast over us, and the soft blue glow of the moons caused the world to take on a different atmosphere. I smiled, bouncing slightly as the stead moved forward, only a few paces behind Kratos and his large stead. He had made the smart decision of not speaking another word to me, only instructing his men to assist me with food and water, along with guards that would watch me as I went to find a place in the brush to relieve myself.
        To say that the view and ride was pleasant would be an understatement. For hours, the ride had been silent, filled only with the sounds of the lands, birds and phoenixes flying over head, the feeling out the wind whip your hair around you. But, even though all I could see was night with the sky different shades of deep purples, dark blues, and blacks, with the blue moons lighting the pathway, my mind still wondered back to my nights back home, and the night that I shared under the stars with my life mate.

        Maketis.

______

          I smiled as our fingers slipped together, the only sound being that of the waterfall crashing against the lake, the ripples causing my body to move slightly against his. In this position I could feel each muscle ripple and roll as he took calming breaths. The paint of my mark on his neck and cheek had dried and slightly rubbed off during the night and out passionate kiss, but that didn't seem to bother me. He was right, we had chosen, shown the tribe, and even though the silver moon was not yet, it didn't matter. A fluttering in my heart caused me to wrap my arms around him as he lifted me up from the water, streams of water rolled down our bodies, pooling slightly between my thighs from the tight connection, unable to drop to its brothers in the lake.

          His forehead placed against mine as we left the water completely, his strides low and steady, each causing me to move up slightly, our slick bodies sliding against the other. Without another thought, I dipped my head down to his shoulder, kissing the toned flesh and licking off the droplets of water. He was mine now, and I was his. And soon, we would become one. Before the gods and under the stars and moons.

        Maketis seemed to have been taking this into consideration beforehand, for the tapestry that we had sat on during the ceremony was placed by the waters edge, slightly raised from the flowers and blades of soft grass that lay beneath the grand design.

       He sat down on his knees, holding me close as I was laid on my back, his muscles rolling against me as he took calming breaths. With a twinkle in his eyes and a small smile on his lips, I looked up at him to see a few droplets roll off his nose and to his lips. My world seemed to stop, the tribe forgotten, and all seemed to be lost and blow out of me, like a great burst of wind whipped around us. How long has he thought of me in this way, and how have I never noticed? The smiles, the chuckles, all of them were only when he was isolated with me. Even during my teachings, when he was freshly given the title of our leader, he seemed to pay closer attention to me than the others. And out of all the female warriors to take to Namaria, he had chosen me.

       "What troubles your thoughts?" he asked, looking down at me as he moved a few strands of hair away from my face, the soft strands flowing against his fingers easily. I smiled, reaching up to trace the line of his jaw and cheekbones.

       "I don't believe my thoughts to be troubled, only curious." I simply said, tilting my head slightly to allow myself a better view of the light of the moons that illuminated him. He chuckled before dipping his lips to mine, kissing me softly and slowly, sending a pleasurable shock down my spine. I felt my skin heat and my heart flutter at the sensation. I could taste the cool droplets of water as they caressed my tongue and lips, seeming to whisper promises to me of what was to come.

         "Then I wish to know these curious thoughts," he said before rolling onto his side, our legs tangled together, as well as our fingers. I moved closer to him, our naked bodies sharing the others warmth as we looked into the others eyes.

         "How long have you wished for me to be your life mate?" I softly asked, feeling suddenly timid to ask the question. But, it was better to speak that which is on your mind than hide it. Dangerous things could happen if words are kept silent.

          He seemed to think for a moment, looking over his memories as a small smile crawled on his lips. He seemed so much more full of life and joy lately, and perhaps it was my doing? It was contagious, for I soon found myself smiling at him before kissing his chest, licking the droplets off to cool my heated tongue. A groan left him as he rolled onto his back, holding my hands tightly as he closed his eyes.

          "Since the first day that I had seen you." he said with a slow breath. The memory seemed to flow into my mind as well, almost setting a perfect painting of the day. I had been quiet, working around the mountain, making sure to always do my part. But, I had always been shy of attention, wanting to observe than be observed. The first day of teachings, my Mother had covered my body in leather from a beast, making a warriors wrap for my growing breasts, and leather trousers for my legs which held knives and arrows. My hair had been short then, always cut around my shoulders. "You stood out, taller than the others, seeming to be ready for anything that I had to offer you." he chuckled before I licked over the hardened bud of his nipple, instantly sucking in a breath.

          "I remember that day very well." I mumbled as I moved my lips and tongue over the flesh, feeling him shiver as I licked the twin and bit down slightly. I was granted a moan in return, his hips moving upwards and rolling against mine, causing a friction of pleasure to wash over me. I moaned, laying my head against the hard barrel chest, moving my hips with his slowly.

         "You were so beautiful, already standing like that of a true warrior, and I knew instantly that I wished for you to fight along side me in battle, but also in life." He rolled his hips again, moving me upwards before rolling and laying me beneath him. I looked up at him as he kissed each fingertip that was locked with his. "And I knew, the day that you were to be chosen, that I would step forward. I always feared that you would not feel the same, which is why I asked you to join me to teach the Dragons of Old." he bent down and kissed me, placing his arms on the sides of my head. Bringing my left leg up, I wrapped it around his hips, holding him close to me as he lowered his hips to mine, the hard and smooth skin of his member against my slickened folds. "And now, I will never have to know what it would be like without waking with you in my arms another day."

       My heart fluttered at his words, and I brought my lips to his, feeling the fluttering causing my skin to grow in heat.

        As we kissed, our bodies molded together, each muscle melting into the other, our limbs wrapped around each other, his braid fallen to connect with my hair that was fanned out around me on the tapestry. I felt a movement as he released one hand, going to his member that was pressed against my folds, a nervous fluttering in my heart causing me to open my eyes and bite my bottom lip. He looked at me as he positioned the tip against me, causing my body to tense. I was untouched until today, not knowing the ways of caressed skin intimately, or the ways of kissing. He was older, but his affection for others was barley shown. Yet, now, he was flowing with passion like a mighty river, the waves washing over me, consuming me completely, until I was completely under and wrapped in his spell.

          "You're mine." he whispered, brushing his lips against mine before wrapping one arm around me, the other holding my hand, our fingers intertwining together.

          "And you are mine." I whispered, moving my free hand to his neck, pressing against my mark perfectly. He kissed me again, and with one breath and one soft and swift movement, I felt a pressure inside myself grow in pain until it burst. Groaning against his lips, he held me tightly against his body, taking his time as he moved his hips slowly to allow my virgin body to adjust to him.

        He was patient, rolling our bodies together slowly as he kissed my neck and breasts, caressing my skin as I laid beneath him, my nails digging into his skin as a growing pressure in my lower belly started to come to my attention, and a need that I had never known before grow in my mind and heart. I let my mouth open as a sigh left me as he brought his lips around a hardened bud, biting down. And with a crashing feeling of something inside me bursting into life, I felt overwhelmed as my sensed heightened, and the world became full of beautiful colors, all surrounding Maketis.

        My Maketis. My life mate.

________

         I came back from the memory as the stead halted against the shoreline of the Glass Sea, crystal like water moving in soft waved against the pail sand. Kratos was off of his stead, handing the rains to the boy from earlier, his eyes down cast in either fear or respect. Perhaps a mixture of the two. Kratos came to my side, offering his hand to me, which I glared at, along with the surprised look on his face. I despised how attractive he was in the soft blue glow of the moons, along with the deep blue and black eyes that watched me as I clicked the stead forward enough to allow me to dismount with ease. It was second nature to me now, and I had grown fond on the beastly beauty. But, it seemed that she would not be going to the Kingdom of the Sea.

          Kratos simply shook his head as he gave orders to a few of the guards telling them to bring them to a cave entrance for the Kingdom, allowing them to pass into the water safely. "We shall be taking a Jakleend." he stated, walking towards me before taking my elbow in his grasp. "You shall be riding with me, Vixas." he stated simply, not leaving room for discussion.

         Jakleend? I had only heard of the flying beasts from old stories from the stone wall. They were a thing of legend and myth, like that of a dragon, but with a wild heart that could not be tamed. Only knowing the light of the moons, they are shrouded in darkness, with black scales, unable to see them in the darkened night. And in the Kingdom of night, they were able to roam free. And it seemed that Kratos had captured on of his own. Did he not realize that they were known for their bloodshed in the Wars of Old?

        "You are quiet, Vixas." Kratos said before moving us a few steps into the waving water. "But that will change in a moment." I watched him with a glare and a fluttering heart as he brought his fingers to his lips, blowing out air, allowing a high pitched whistle to fill the air and roll over the water. I hissed at the sound, feeling the pounding in my head grow from the vibrating sound. But, that was short lived, and the void of silence and crashing waves was filled with a screeching of nightmares.

        With bow and arrow to protect me, I found myself crouching slightly as I looked to the skies, looking for the quick movement of a Jakleend. When I returned home, if I survived, this would become a story for the stone wall. Maketis would surly never believe it, but who would?

        As I looked to the skies, I saw a flash of black as another screech filled the night, and I quickly found the beast. I let a hiss bubble in my throat as I lowered myself, ready to attack if needed. But, as I looked to find it again, I found myself unable. And then the beast stood behind us, the thud of its heavy body meeting the ground cause me to whip around. My eyes widened at the sight of a large dragon like creature, with large violet eyes, a black scaled body, and a tail that was covered in thorn like spikes, seeming to be dipped in a purple poison. I had learned of that, knowing that a single drop could turn a body useless for the rest of a persons life.

      Kratos -however- seemed to ignore the fact of the dangerous beast before us, as he stepped forward and reached for it. I watched in horror for a moment as the beast growled, but quickly stopped as it lowered its large head down, allowing Kratos to pet it and coo softly to calm the creature. My mouth opened slightly at the sight of the large man and beast, a soft rumbling filling the air a moment later.

       "You..." I was at a lose for words as Kratos looked at me, offering out a hand, motioning me to step towards him. I shook my head no as I took a step back, feeling the cool water of the sea soak into the trousers that clothed me, a shiver running down my spin. "This is impossible." I whispered in shock.

        "The only things that are impossible are those that you wish to be impossible." Kratos sated, smiling down at the beast which was now calm and... purring practically. "I had found him when he was a pup, only a few days old, on a ride one morning. He was afraid and shaking, starving. And I took him in, raised him, taught him how to fly, to hunt, and most importantly, to always be cautious of his surroundings." He stated, reaching for my hand. I shook my head again. "You must trust me, Vixas. He will only harm you if I command it."

       Trust him?! After all that he as done to me, he wishes for trust!? I hissed at him, and was instantly met with a glaring gaze from the Jakleend, along with a low screech. Kratos chuckled, calming the beast instantly with a scratch  on the side of the jaw.

        "He is protective, Vixas. I am his master and friend. He will kill for me, with a snap of a finger. Now, come here and let us go home. I have missed my people and my bed. And you must be tired and wish for a few days apart from me." My ears perked up at the sound of being free from him for any amount of time. Perhaps... perhaps this was a start in the right direction for him to release me from these bonds and I could return home. Home... Home to my tribe, to Mother Tree, to Maketis.

        Finding the courage once again, I stepped forward and beside the beast. Large eyes followed my movements as Kratos mounted him, offering his hand to me. I swallowed down the lump in my throat and put on a straight face, not allowing myself to feel fear. Taking slow and steady breaths, I lifted myself to were I was able to get my leg across the Jakleend, and I was placed in front of Kratos. There was a softness to the back of the beast, almost like that of worn leather, though the scales were smooth to the touch.

        Home, and time away from this man. I could do this... I could ride a deadly beast... to the Kingdom of the Glass Sea. I have become insane.

       With one last click of the tongue, Kratos wrapped one arm around me, while the other held a large scale on the neck of the beast, and the large, black wings moved out to the side of the beast. I held my breath as it moved forward, quickly going into the sea and wadding in as we started to pick up speed. My eyes went wide as the wind started to whip around us, and as the water started to reach our knees, we were lifted into the air. I let out the breath as my heart dropped into my stomach and all thought was lost. The world below us started to grow smaller and smaller, like that of a seed, and I could see the guards and steads in the distance, close to the mouth of a black cave by a cliff.

       Kratos chuckled as he held tightly, our aim seeming to be the clouds. Higher, higher, and higher we went as my heart beat at a rapid pace in my stomach. I held tightly onto the arm that was around me, and started praying to the gods to forgive me of all my sins, for if I died tonight, I wished to go on a clear conscience.

        But, as I finished my prayer, I felt my heart return into my chest, and the wind stopped for a moment as we seemed to be suspended. Opening my eyes slowly, I looked around to see that we were in the clouds, the moons so close that I could almost touch them. My eyes grew wide in wonder as I looked around the see clouds moving beside us slowly, the wings not flapping, but holding still as they sliced through the white puffs. My hand moved on its own as my body returned to a normal weight, and I felt the cool droplets of water come to my skin as it touched a cloud. I smiled at the feeling, bringing my hand back to my chest as I rubbed my fingers together, feeling the moisture.

        We were high up, and everywhere I looked, the view was spectacular. For such a large and dangerous beast... he flew beautifully, and I felt weightless for a few minutes. As we moved forward, I found myself starting to smile at the feeling, and I held my head up slightly higher. Kratos was smiling as he looked down at me.

         "What is it you call him?" I asked, looking at Kratos over my shoulder. He rose a brow in confusion, but I nodded towards the Jakleend. "Well?" I asked again.

          "I call him Jasper." he simply stated. I nodded slightly, looking back down towards the beast which seemed to be listening carefully, his violet eyes looking forward intently.

           "Jasper," I whispered, caressing the name. He turned his large head, violet eyes looking at me as he flapped his wings softly, keeping us steady in the air. "You fly beautifully, Jasper." I said to him with a soft smile. My lower half started to vibrate slightly, and I soon realized that he was purring at the words. And at the sensation, I found my hand moving forward to touch the smooth scales, feel them caress my skin, and I smiled more.

           Time moved by quickly as we flew in the clouds and over the sea, heading towards the moons. But, it was short lived. As Jasper dipped down slightly, I noticed a whirlpool in the water below. My eyes went wide as the pieces of the puzzle started to come together to form a picture: Death and Destruction. Kratos was going to kill me, and for once, I didn't hate the man. I was grateful to him. My miserable life would be ended, and though I would have to wait until his time, I would soon be reunited with Maketis.

         "Hold on tightly!" Kratos called as Jasper suddenly dipped completely, heading straight for the center of the whirlpool. My eyes went wide as the wind whipped around us, and I found a scream leaving me as my heart came into my throat and my stomach flipped constantly. The water soon crashed against us, and I was covered in the coolness of the sea, the salty taste filling my mouth as we dove deeper and deeper into the water. Still going at a quickened pace, we moved down to the bottom of the sea, level with the ground, and we moved from going straight down, the moving forward. Going at such a quick distance, however, seemed to encase us in a bubble of air and protection, for the water was soon gone, and I felt dry. It was like it had never happened at all.

        In the distance, I could see a large castle made of colorful coral, different shades of plumb, blue, pink, orange, and red, all vibrant seemed to make the magnificent walls and towers of the large castle. The Kingdom was covered in what looked like a clear bowl of water, with large statues standing on the very inside of it, their arms open wide, holding the bowl to cover the world. It was beautiful, breathtaking even. I could see the town, vibrant and full of life, while different fish and sirens swam around the outside and to different caves that were close to a coral reef. Everything was in a soft and colorful light of the glass sea, everything seeming to be iridescent almost.

         As we came closer, I could see the gates to the city, which were grand and looking like that of a rich marble, which also matched that of the paved path, with mixtures of blues and greens in the mix. Passing by the statues, we came through the cave which was in front of the bowl like surrounding, and came out on the other side by the gate. It seemed to be the only entrance and exit for the entire Kingdom. Jasper dove inside, and we were crawling against the jagged rock as he moved quickly, bouncing us against him.

         We left the cave and were met with the gates. The guards were yelling, ordering the gates to be opened, and the sound of creaking wood came to my attention as the busy sounds of life inside the Kingdom started to fill me. Kratos clicked his tongue once the gates were open, as we moved forward a few paces until we were inside, and then we were lifted into the air once more. Above the city, I could see the different passageways of the people below. Houses littered the world, along with grand pathways and bodies of different ages, colors, shapes, and sizes. I could see the square of the town, which held vibrant, glowing plants and fresh water that pooled in the center, bubbling up. Children played as bodies gathered around. Each direction I looked, there was something to explore and look at. But, we were moving quickly towards the castle. Looking up, I could see more Jakleends littered the air, carrying guards as they circled around, watching closely.

          The castle was only a few moments away, and Kratos gave my body a slight squeeze to allow me to look at him. I had to rip my gaze away from the world below, and turned to look at the crystal eyes that watched me closely.

          "Welcome to you new home, Vixas. Welcome, to the Kingdom of Marinack."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

699 47 42
There are worse things than death. ___ "What is wrong with you?" I seethed. She had my back against the wall, pinning me down so I couldn't move. Sh...
2.3M 67.3K 51
Amelia Davis is 20 and she's apart of the Moonlight pack. She has already shifted and she hasn't found her mate yet. This doesn't worry her because s...
1.1K 43 42
Book 2 of Stolen HER I'm usually brutally honest. I don't like to sugar coat shit or beat around the bush. But this time, I couldn't want to run furt...
108K 3.7K 47
"Oh, so you're part of this kidnapping posse too? I am not a possession! I have a life that I was abruptly plucked out of without my input all becaus...