Biting Temptation

By Misguided

The fight for love is never-ending. And for Evie and Michael it proves to be just that. After believing a sad... More

Biting Temptation
2: Winding Down
3: Persuasive Customer
4: Own Adventure
5: Rainbows & Flowers
6: New Plan
7: Over and Over
8: "I don't forget."
9: Illness
10: Unexpected Return
11: Her Maker
12: Coyote Ugly
13: Mistakes
14: Regular Hero
15: Power
16: Family
17: Arrivals
18: Trust... Again
19: Release
20: Final
21: Reborn
22: Worries
23: Dealing
24: Not Today
25: My Fault
26: Crack
27: Sired
28: Sixty Minutes
29: Until Dawn
30: Penultimate
31: End
Epilogue.

1: Future

115K 2.4K 243
By Misguided

Blake Hazard – Energy and Consequences 

FrenchAndIrish made yet ANOTHER awesome pic THANK YOU!!!

Michael on the side :P 
____________________________________________

I wonder if I could finish my dissertation before the end of next week. 

No, I doubt it...

I frowned at the dish I was cleaning and scrubbed it a little harder.

But if I don't spend my day frolicking around, I might...? Michael could be a distraction... But so could Kate...

A pair of olive toned arms wrapped around my shoulders. Speak of the devil and she shall appear.

"I love it when I know that you're thinking of me."

I smirked before turning around and giving her a hug. "Because being a powerful witch has those perks?"

Katherine leaned away from me and grinned modestly. "I wouldn't say powerful."

If I compared Katherine to the girl I met at eighteen, I wouldn't believe they were the same person. All of her piercings were gone. Her bright brown eyes were live and that smile on her lips, well, that hadn't changed a bit. But she's grown into a beautiful woman. The grunge phase had respectively passed at nineteen.

"You're here early," I said after finishing the last plate. "Not sleeping well?"

"I'm sleeping alright. I'm just here to speak with Michael."

"He's upstairs he'll be down soon." 

She looked at my clothing attire and smiled. "I see you're running?"

I glanced at my light grey cycle shorts and my white t-shirt. "Yeah it clears my head."

"Where do you run?"

"Why do you ask?"

"You know I know everything."

"And you know meeting Nate isn't a crime anymore," I countered with a smirk. "Go ahead! Lecture me all you want Kate but Nathaniel is on our side."

Katherine burst out laughing and I scowled. "I don't care if you see Nate. I was only kidding. Old habits die hard, Eve." Her hand came up to pat my cheek and before I could slap it away she back stepped and left. "See you later!"

As I stepped out of the back door and down the steps, I looked up toward the sun through the blossoming trees. Summer in Vancouver was a scorcher. That's why I ran just before nine. It was wonderful running through the woods in the morning. The smell of fresh air, the scuttling wild life.

Albeit, Mike was none too pleased to learn I was running through the forest what with all of the new vampires roaming around but I argued, "Why the hell not? It's day time!" They didn't have the pendants or rings to walk around during the day!

I'd only been running for ten minutes before I was grabbed from behind and thrown over a thick hard shoulder.

I squealed and tried to kick my legs out but my captor ceased them with their inhuman strength. 

"How is this fair?" I argued. "You're holding my legs-"

"Will your kidnapper make it fair? God no." He chortled. "You really need to be aware of your surroundings, Evangeline."

"Put me down, Nate! Put me down before-"

"What? Kick me to death? Mature of you."

"Nathaniel I swear to-"

"Alright, alright." He manoeuvred me from over his shoulder onto my feet and smiled down at me, his bright grey eyes sparkling with amusement. "Hello Evie."

"Whatever," I said but smiled back as we started walking again. "What were you expecting; me to be carrying around a stake during the day?"

"Why not? Florence could have day walkers hanging around."

A feeling of dread passed through me. "That would mean Florence has a witch." 

"It's just a suggestion. We doubt Florence has befriended a witch anyway; I haven't come across one witch willing to help her. Just make sure it's that small contraption Lewis made for you."

"Fine. But speaking of Lewis," I nudged Nate in the arm. "He told on me."

"I tried to stop him... admittedly, with not that much effort." 

I nudged him harder but he didn't budge a bit. "Thanks for your support. He wasn't angry anyway so Lewis' plan backfired."

"He's just trying to get used to speaking to us you know. Poor vampire hunter. Micah and Ana are still searching for something to help him. They're going to have to go right into the past to find something."

"I'm not surprised. It must have been a pretty powerful witch that created that spell." I said as I stopped near a fallen tree to sit on. "I'm still shocked Lewis agreed to help us if I'm honest." 

Lewis was a vampire hunter. But it wasn't exactly by choice. The gene a fateful witch bestowed upon his ancestors passed on through each first born son but as the years progressed, the gene began to mutate and all of the hunter's morals went out the window. Lewis was no different. The reason he agreed so easily was because we found out Florence was indeed the ancestor that was the cause of the curse. Micah and Anastasia have a theory that if they can find the right spell and get rid of Florence for good Lewis' curse will become void. 

And at the moment, they were caging as much as they could as if it were a virus so he could work with Michael and the rest of the vampires without wanting to stake them.

"I'm not surprised. If someone offered a way for me to be cured then I wouldn't say no."

"True," I grinned. "Anyway, how is Celia? You're not pissing her off with your presence are you?"

"No! She's happy to have me at her cabin with her. Ethan's glad for the company too and I get to help with little Jonas."

"Celia lets you near her child? Has she lost her mind?"

Nate lightly smacked the back of my head and I started laughing. For the next hour we sat and spoke about various things like college and my classes. I chose my major in the end. I couldn't hack a double major; I'm not a genius. History called to me. It may have had something to do with Mike tutoring me at home if I needed it. I mean, why the hell not? I have my own personal tutor that was probably there for most of the events and I loved the subject.

It'd just gone half ten when Nate stood and held his hand out to me. "Let's get back to the house anyway. Celia and Pam are there."

"Yeah? Why's that?" I asked as I took his hand to stand.

"Sorting out patrol's of course. We're searching high and low. Remember Jonah?"

I shuddered at the name. I remembered Jonah. He was at the cabin all those years ago when Florence kidnapped us all. He was the only one to survive out of Florence's lover and her other protégé. 

"Ugh, what about him?"

"Still with her apparently. I've been trying to speak to the new vampires but most are silenced to say nothing. Florence is being very thorough. Michael's considering bringing more friends to help."

"How many more friends could you possibly get involved?"

Nate smirked. "We've all made friends throughout the years. It's only natural."

We arrived at the house ten minutes later and Nate followed me up the steps into the house. Ever since I'd moved in, Michael signed the house under my name so Ana's little spell for vampires to be invited in by him was void. Now I was the only one able to invite them in which, I thought, was damn well hilarious when Mike couldn't get in as soon as the house was signed over because we did it on deck out back. He stayed out there for at least half hour before I'd invited him in. He wasn't happy but I was laughing for hours.

Nate passed the threshold with a smile obviously remembering the day I first invited him in. Michael had been there rolling his eyes but he didn't comment on it.

As soon as we walked into the kitchen, the first person I saw was Celia holding Jonas and immediately I swooned. Aw that baby, I couldn't get enough of him. He would be a heart breaker it was obvious. Celia saw where my hypnotised gaze was directed and smiled. "You want to steal him from me?"

"Every day and always," I said to the beautiful vampire. Jonas shared the same bright brown eyes as his father; Celia had bright green ones. But Jonas did share the same mocha olive skin tone as his mother. Celia handed him over to me and I marvelled at the way his eyes focused solely on me. The baby was only nine months old but I could see it in his eyes. He knew things. I sat down and placed his feet on my thighs and held his tiny hands. He bounced up and down with a gummy grin and I smiled right back.

"I'm obviously not here when the baby has Evie's attention." Pam commented to Kate but it was obvious she wanted me to hear it.

"Hi Pamela." I greeted John's British and oldest friend with a wink. "But you're right when Jonas is here you're invisible."

"Evie, remember he's teething so be very careful." Celia warned.

Of course. Half human-half vampire after all. 

"I'm always careful with him. Aren't I Jonas?" A little squeal and giggle escaped his lips and I smiled even wider.

From the corner of my eye I could see Michael watching me from the archway of the kitchen. I glanced at him and the look of wonder in his eyes was obvious. I didn't know what he was thinking at that moment; seeing me with a child. Was he thinking about... having one? I'd think with Amy going through it right now, he'd be far from the thought of trying but... Did I want a baby? 

The possibility... I shook the thought away for the time being. I'd find out what he was thinking later.

I barely paid any attention to the vampires' as they conversed, my full attention was on the baby sitting on my lap. We were sat watching them converse, Jonas' facing toward them instead of me. I bounced him on my knee but paused when I realised he was glancing at whoever was speaking from time to time as if he were listening. Maybe Dhampir's brains developed quicker... I caught a whiff of Jonas and grimaced. Maybe not that quickly.

"Celia? Jonas did a poop." I smirked. 

She laughed and stood. "Mike, do you mind? I need to get him home for his feeding afterward."

"Not at all go ahead," I smiled at the way Michael watched me hand Jonas off to his mother.

"We should get going now anyway," Pam said. "Nate, care to join us?"

"Why not?" Nate sent me a wink before following Pamela, Kate and Michael out of the kitchen.

I sat on the island and waited for Michael to return. As he walked back into the kitchen he stretched upward, his black t-shirt stretching with him exposing the skin of his stomach.

"Glad that's over with."

"Trouble in paradise?"

"Hmm, not really. I just wanted you to myself." His palms slid over my thighs before stepping in between them. He pulled me forward so I was sitting right on the edge and so his body was pressed against mine. 

"And what are you planning for the rest of the day?"

"Not much," He shrugged with a smirk.

"Are you lying?"

"Nope."

"Michael."

"Yes, Dimples?"

I rolled my eyes and rested my arms on his shoulders, running my fingers through his velvet soft hair. "I'll never live that damn nickname down."

"I'll be using it in fifty years." His voice was muffled against my neck. "Can I ask you a serious question, Evie?"

Ah, here we go.

"It's about children. Seeing you with Jonas I'm always amazed at the way you interact with him. You have a soft spot for kids and you can't lie to me about it. Amy's having a kid; whether by accident or not she's having one. The question here is do you-"

"I don't know, Michael."

His eyebrows furrowed with confusion. "You're considering?"

"I'm not sure. This is up to you as well as me, you know."

I was shocked to see a slow smile grace his lips. "I don't know if I could put you through that though."

"We don't have to think about this now." I reassured. "I'm in no rush to become a vampire... I just don't want to be older than you, appearance wise, if you know what I mean."

"I thought we had a deal?" He asked referring to the deal we made on my nineteenth birthday.

"I was younger then."

"I promised you forever on your birthday," His fingers fiddled with the ring hanging from my neck. "I promised I'd turn you after twenty-one and look? You're twenty-one now. And you've grown up so much from your eighteen year old self that you're even saying you're willing to wait. It shows me you're ready."

I smiled lovingly at him and hooked my legs around his waist to bring him closer. "Am I?"

"Mhm." His darkening gaze flickered from my mouth back to my eyes. "After all of this is over we'll be able to concentrate on our future."

"I've been thinking about getting away from Canada for a while. Just you and me."

"Yeah? Where to?"

"Somewhere warm. Can you handle that?"

"As long as I keep my ring on I'll be fine, Evie. Somewhere warm... The Caribbean? Jamaica?"

Could this really be happening? "Really?"

"We could, if you want to."

No way... "Are you kidding?"

"I'm one hundred percent serious, sweetheart. When this is over, of course."

"Well, yeah of course! But Jamaica! I can't believe it."

"Just think," Michael's palms rested on the sides beside my thighs. "The beach, the sun, you in a bikini, the sea and... you in a bikini."

I patted his cheek. "I'm starting to think you only want to see me in a bikini."

"Why would I need to see you in a bikini when I can have you naked right now?" Before I could process, what happened next he had me wrapped around him, sinking into a kiss that shook me to my very core. 

A quiet moan escaped my lips as he dragged me off the edge of the counter only to push me against it. His mouth devoured mine in a soul shattering kiss, his large palm sliding along my leg only to pull it around him. One thing I definitely loved about Michael was the fact he only played games if he was in a teasing mood. But if he wanted something, he'd take it. I admit, his teasing mood was more prominent than the other but whenever he was like this, by God, it was perfect.

I trailed my fingertips beneath his shirt and smiled against his mouth when his body tensed. His mouth travelled along my neck when the doorbell rang. Both of us paused realising there couldn't be anyone else to come round midday on a Saturday... Right? We've seen everyone today... Hadn't we?

"What if it's impor-" All resolve flew out the window when he ground his hips into mine. My eyes widened at his blackening gaze and I grinned. "Not going to answer it then?"

"Nope." He confirmed by capturing my lips once again. 

And just as I whipped off his shirt and slid my palm down his chest into his track pants I heard a voice I wished, prayed, begged even, to never ever hear in this situation.

Ever. Not even in a rhetorical scenario.

"Evie? Are you- Oh, my god!"

If I could die right now I would. If it were possible to die from embarrassment I would gladly let it take me to the grave.

I clutched Michael to me, my wild glare directed at the woman standing at the archway. "This is a joke, this isn't happening! Mom, I told you not to use the key unless it was an emergency!" I yelled ignoring Michael's shaking laughter against me. I'm pretty sure my face was as bright as a fire hydrant and my heart would jump out of my chest at any second. 

Why me?

She covered her eyes with her palm; a smile clear on her face but the blush completely evident."I-ah-your cars' were in the drive-"

"That doesn't mean-!"

"I always seem to embarrass us both when it comes to Michael don't I?" She laughed nervously, the dimples I'd inherited flashing at me. "I tried calling you; I was going to ask about brunch with your brother but seeming as you didn't pick up either the landline or your cell I thought I'd pick you up."

Michael must have calmed down because he pried himself from my grasp and bent over to put his t-shirt back on. I glared at his smiling face briefly and wiped my hair from my eyes. "Um, okay. Sure, I'll go change."

As I walked away from her and made my way upstairs, I could just about hear her say to Michael, "...not like it's the first time I've caught you both in a compromising position. Remember last month when I walked in on you both in my kitchen at home? Now, I didn't tell her father but I had to explain my squeal of surprise somehow..."

I was banging my head on the wall as soon as I heard her say, 'compromising position.'

She never learns.

_______________________________________

I LOVE EVIE'S MOM. Best mom ever.

I'm slowly starting to get the hang of writing about Evie again, I apologise for me being out of practise :P

HOPE YOU LIKED IT! Your comments do mean the world to me it motivates me to carry on! LOVE YOU ALL xox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 33.5K 44
Marcus and Diana had known they loved each other at a very young age. But when her family takes her away from him for her safety, they stay in touch...
330K 19.1K 36
[BOOK THREE] "Falling in love was never a plan, Minnie." I sighed, fingers reaching up to rub my temples as I blinked my very translucent eyelids...
4K 256 10
Linda lives with her mate and the twin's. They live in a small town, having had to move there because the humans were becoming suspicious of what the...
262K 14.2K 37
***Part 2 in the Zone Zero series*** ***MATURE CONTENT INSIDE*** Do not read this first. please read Zone Zero and then read Redemption. Otherwise it...