The CEO Alpha King

By lydiabina

Beautiful Mercedes Anderson a werewolf living among humans after giving up on finding her mate gets the shoc... More

HI
THE NEW CEO
MMM, MATE
MEET THE FAMILY?!
THE FAMILY
THE WALK OF SHAME
TO STAY. FOR REAL NOW.
COPING MECHANISM
SAFE HAVEN
R&R
THOUGHTS
The wedding
Mom's visit
Date Night

THE CASTLE?!

11.5K 282 10
By lydiabina

"What?!" Mes exploded. "I am not doing that." She started shaking her head and pacing the room. "Yes you are." Cade stated. "You are moving in and that's that." He gritted out. Sometimes this woman could be so stubborn.

"Also, you won't work anymore." He added and looked away from her deadly glare. "What did you just say?" She gritted out lowly. "You won't work any longer." He repeated. "Why?!" She cried out.

"I'm going to be announcing our news very soon and once people who don't exactly like me hear about it they are going to come after you to get to me. And no matter what happens, I swear on my life to keep you safe." He stated. "I don't care. You are not telling anybody about us and I am not moving in and I am going to keep working." She said, not giving up.

"It is my job to protect you." He said exasperatedly. "Then I guess today is not your lucky day because you. Are. Fired. I don't need a bodyguard." She pointed a finger at him and walked up the stairs with Daisy still in her arms.

She dropped into the bed and set Daisy aside. She groaned into her palms and rubbed her face, probably smudging some of her make up.

Tiny arms wrapped around her neck and she looked to her side to see Daisy hugging her. "Mommy says that when someone is sad, give them a big hug. It makes them happy." She chimed with a smile. "Thanks, baby. I feel better already. She said and hugged the girl.

Cade couldn't believe she walked away. Okay, maybe he believed. Mercedes had always been stubborn and difficult.

"She'll come around." Her sister assured him. "I hope so," he sighed. "She doesn't understand that I care for her." He frowned. "Go talk to her. Make her understand." Hannah said, jerking her chin towards the stairs. He listened to her and headed up the stairs to find his mate. 'Don't upset her.' His wolf warned

Hannah picked up her baby who had slept through the whole conversation and headed into the kitchen to get something to eat, hoping her sister would make a wise choice.

Without knocking, Cade walked into the room in which his mate's scent was strongest. The sight before him warmed his heart. Mes was cuddled up on the bed with her niece. She would be a great mother one day, Cade didn't doubt that.

"Red," he watched her look up at him. Her cold glare returned. "What do you want?" She asked in a clipped tone. "We need to talk." He stated. He couldn't understand how the only girl that intrigued him most could infuriate him the most in just mere seconds.

"We need to work this out." He took a breath to calm himself. "I agree." She breathed out. His eyebrows shot up in surprise. She had never agreed on anything with him before.
"Being your mate means I'll be a danger magnet." She pointed out. He opened his mouth to talk but she held up her hand, silencing him. "I have thought about it and have made a decision." She looked at his expectant face and sighed. "I'll move in with you on one condition." She stated. "What?" He asked with a small smile. "That I still get to work." She said in a hope filled voice. "Red," he started but she interrupted him. "Either I work or I don't move in with you. Your choice Mr. Bravo." She smirked. She had him exactly where she wanted him.

He rolled his lips into his mouth as he stared at her. 'Let her work.' His wolf said. 'Why?' He asked. 'That way you will have her with you, not only at home but at work also. Also, you can keep an eye on her at all times.' His wolf explained. He was convinced. He let out a breath, raking his fingers through his dark brown locks, "fine. You can still work." A huge grin spread across her face at his words.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." She squealed as she jumped off the bed and hugged him. Realising what she had done, she pulled away awkwardly, staring at the ground. "I didn't mean to do that. Sorry. Thank you." She muttered and turned towards the bed, her back towards him. Daisy had woken up to her squealing and was staring at them with a smiling face.

"I'll pack tonight. We go tomorrow after work." Mercedes said as she walked Cade to the door. "Alright." He smiled at her. At his car, he pulled her flush against his chest and kissed her with enough passion to make her knees weak. She stumbled a little when he pulled away and let go of her. "See you tomorrow," he winked at her and got into his car.

That wink did things to her that she did not understand. She watched as he drove of, thinking, 'what have I gotten myself into?'

Mes walked into her house with a fuzzy feeling in her stomach. It was something she hadn't felt in a long time. It was...excitement.

Not just any excitement. It was an excitement that brought out the dark primal part of her. A part of her that she had hid from all around her. A part of her that only Cade could bring out.

Mes began her packing as soon as she was alone in the house. Her wolf yipped and yapped with every piece of clothing that disappeared from her closet and appeared in her suitcases and duffels.

She packed almost everything she owned, leaving a few clothes in the closet.

When she was done packing, it was almost midnight. With a soft sigh, Mes collapsed onto her bed and fell into a deep refreshing sleep. The kind of sleep she had not experienced since she moved into the city.

********

Mercedes crawled out of bed to the annoying ringing of her alarm clock. Annoyed, she picked it up and chucked it at the wall, watching it burst into pieces and finally stop ringing.

With a sigh, she trudged into the bathroom and took a half an hour long bath. She wasn't worried about being late to work. She was the mate of the freaking owner. He wouldn't get mad at her, plus she had a great excuse for if he questions her. She had been up all night packing and had overslept.

After her bath, Mes blow dried her hair, leaving it in its natural waves. She put on her white blouse and black pencil skirt. Grabbing her phone, bag, keys and blazer, she strutted out of her house in a catwalk.

Mes received envious looks from her female coworkers as she walked past to the elevator where she met Cade who gave her a peck on the cheek.

Mes followed him into the elevator. Mes felt his stare on her as they rode the elevator. She needed him to stop staring, he was making her face turn a bright red.

"One day I'll find out where that blush starts from." Cade said with a smirk. The colour of Mes' face sent tomatoes on a ran for their money. She looked up at Cade and caught him staring at the exposed area above her breasts, which was as red as her face. "Your blush is cute." His smirk widened as his gaze slipped lower making her extremely uncomfortable and extremely turned on.

The elevator finally 'dinged' and the doors pulled apart. Mes stepped out, her head bowed, her hair shielding her burning face. She hurried into her office and slumped behind the door. She would have slid to the ground if she wasn't at work. After a deep breath, Mes got her racing heart back to normal and walked over to occupy her seat.

Work went normally. Cade surprised her with kisses that always led to heated make out sessions.

Lunch time came quickly and Mes met Nixie in the lobby and they headed to their usual eating place. Ignacio, the owner welcomed them like usual and led them to their usual booth where they ordered.

As they ate, Mes noticed Nix smiling absentmindedly into space. "Nix?" Mes called. "Hmm?" Nixie hummed in response. "What are you thinking about? Or should I say who?" Mes smirked at her friend's blushing face. "No one." Nix scoffed.

"Sure, sure." Mes laughed. "But really, what's up with you and Vernon?" Mes asked, getting serious. Instead of answering, Nixie said, "I know what you are." Mes looked around and asked, "What do you mean?" She feigned confusion.

"I know you are a wolf." Nix admitted. Before Mes could deny, Nixie held up her hand to cut her off. "Vernon told me." She confessed. "Why would he do that? I mean it's a secret from humans." Mes exclaimed. "He told me because I'm his mate." Nixie said.

"This is awesome. Now I wouldn't have to hide my wolf from you when we have sleepovers." Mes gushed. "He's your mate isn't he?" Nix asked. Mes smile faltered. "Who?" She asked even though she knew exactly who her friend was talking about. "The Alpha King? The new boss?" Nix waited for an answer. "Yes," Mes sighed.

"Nix, I'm scared. What if I mess up? I know nothing about being a Queen. Cade is a man whore. What if he cheats on me. It'll hurt too much. I would have rejected him but, Alpha Kings cant be rejected." Mes said with tears in her eyes. "Don't worry. You'll do good. Trust me." Nix assured her friend. Reluctantly, Mes nodded and they returned to their food.

When Mes got back to her office, Cade was pacing in front of her desk. "Thank goodness you're okay." He pulled her into his embrace. "Of course I'm okay. I just went for my lunch break. They only danger I could be in is getting food poisoning." She tried to calm him down.

"Word got out about us. Your life might be in serious danger." He said. "I'll make sure nothing happens to you." He said, looking her in the eyes. "Okay." She nodded and hugged him. After a quick kiss, Cade left to his office.

After work, Mes packed her stuff and went to let Cade know she was leaving. "No, I'll take you home." He argued. With a few kisses, Mes was able to convince him to let her go. She was going to meet him at his territory anyway.

She got home and put all her packed things into her car and took off to her new home.

Halfway there, she noticed a car following her. Looking closely, she noticed that it was just Cade.

At the border of the Royal's territory, the guards stopped her and she waited for her mate. After a while, Cade arrived. She wordlessly walked over and got into his car as Cade gave instructions for her car to be brought over to his place.

She fell asleep as they drove off.

A slight shake brought her out of her slumber. She opened her eyes to be met with her mates face only centimeters away from hers. A blush spread across her face as he smiled at her. "We're here." He said and helped her out if the car.

The sight in front of her had her jaw on the ground.

The castle?! She was going to live in the castle?!

"We're gonna live in there?" She squealed as she bounced on her toes. Cade laughed at her childish behaviour. "Well, kings and queens do live in castles." He smiled at her as he led her inside.

You know you love me
Xoxo,
-Lyza

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 204 23
Aleksandryja Edrick. The girl who you don't even know exists. Maybe you've copied a couple times off her in class or she's done your homework for you...
381 35 35
Molly tried to make her life move forward, but Daniel's return turned her life upside down, not only he was her ex, but he had become the alpha of th...
463K 11K 28
From nerdy to bad-ass. Ariella Stone is heading back to her pack after three years. She lost weight and recieved medication for her pimples. She has...
142K 6.6K 43
nova lives in a sea of grey. her world is a dull canvas, bleak and lifeless. having grown up with an unorthodox background, in a poor urban town wit...