H20 Just Add Water: After the...

By AmatureWriter

H20 Just Add Water: After the End is my fan fiction of the Television series H20: Just Add Water. This follow... More

Chapter 1: Curiosity Killed The Cat!
Chapter 2: Diving In (Part 1)
Chapter 2: Diving In (Part 2)
Chapter 3: Expecting
Chapter 4: The Return
Chapter 5: Catching Up
Chapter 7: The Cure
Chapter 8: An Eventful Birthday
Chapter 9: Boy or Girl
Chapter 10: New Enemies Return (Part 1: Miriam)
Chapter 10: New Enemies Return (Part 2: Charlotte)
Chapter 11: Welcome to the Club
Chapter 12: Broken Bond
Chapter 13: Oops..
Chapter 14: The Ups and Downs
Chapter 15: One Problem at a Time
Chapter 16: The Name Doesn't Define the Person

Chapter 6: The Sickness

2.8K 52 22
By AmatureWriter

Cleo, Rikki, and Kim left Emma's house later in the afternoon. Rikki headed to the café while Kim and Cleo went home to get ready for the party.

As she walked through the beads that hung over the entrance, Rikki discovered Bella on stage with a huge ball of wires on her lap

~Rikki's POV~

"Hey! What happened?" I asked as I approached Bella.

"Somehow the wires got tangled. Nate said he would be back in a minute but its been an hour!" 

"Need any help?" I asked, but hoping that she would say no.

"No, Nate will be ba-" She stopped midsentence and her hand flew to her mouth. She scrammbled to her feet and ran into the office. When I got to her, she was bent over the trash can next to the desk. Zane handed me a box of tissues.

"Are you okay?" I asked concerned while handing her a tissue.

"Yeah, I think it was just a bad smoothie." She replied with a shaky voice.

~Bella's POV~

After wiping my face, I was shocked by what I saw in the trashcan I had just vomited in.

"Rikki, I think you need to see this." I held the bin out so she could see. She grabbed it and her eyes got big.

"Why is it blue?" She asked.

"I don't know. I had a strawberry smoothie. Nothing blue."

"What if it's something to do with the full moon? What if you can't remember anything because of some weird sickness?" Zane added while limping to his desk chair.

"Do I look sick?" Rikki asked him, holding her arms out.

"No,uh, it's just,um, I'll go manage something." He stuttered not being able to come up with a good response.

After he walked out, Rikki and I sat on the couch for a while talking about the plans for tonight when she brought up a party.

"My and Cleo's friend Emma is back from traveling and she wants us to come to a party of hers."

"Even me?" I asked.

"Yeah. She wants to meet you." She got up to answer the phone.

"Wait slow down Lewis. What's wrong with Cleo?" She turned and I could tell by the look on her face that she was worried. "Are you sure it's blue? Okay. Okay We'll be right there." She hung up the phone before looking at me.

"What's going on?" I asked as I stood up. She grabbed Zane's car keys before turning back to me.

"Cleo's sick too." We both rushed out to Zane's car and Rikki drove us to Cleo's house.

We rushed in and could hear Cleo vomiting upstairs. When we got to the bathroom, Cleo was on the floor with her tail sticking into her bedroom while she hung onto the toilet. Rikki glanced in to discover the vomit to be the same shade as mine.

"How could being moonstruck do this to us?" I asked Rikki.

"Where did you come up with the idea that it is the moons fault?" Lewis asked while tying back Cleo's hair.

"Zane mentioned it." Rikki's phone rang and she answered it in the hall.

"Will someone please dry me off." Cleo asked looking at Lewis and I.

"Rikki will be back in a minute." Lewis told her.

~Cleo's POV~

Rikki walked back in with her hands on her head.

"It's not the moon." She said. "It's Mako."

"Why do you say that?" I asked in defense of the island.

"Zane got sick too. It was the same color."

"What if he caught it from me?" Bella asked her. This could possibly be true.

"Can someone please dry me off?" I asked again. I was starting to get uncomfortable. Rikki nodded her head and quickly steam dried me. We all gathered in my room. Rikki, Bella, and I sat on the bed while Lewis stood in the bathroom doorway.

"How do you catch a disease from an island?" I asked.

"Maybe it's part of it's healing process!" Lewis started. "Like a sort of defense. Maybe you only get it when your in the same underground cave as the moon pool since that's what was harmed."

"That's a good theory Lewis but me, you, Kim and Will haven't gotten sick." Rikki pointed out.

"Maybe we're immune." I jumped when Kim spoke from the doorway.

"This doesn't involve you Kim." I snapped at her.

"Actually it does. I'm one of you now, remember?" She sat down on my beanbag chair and showed no sign of leaving.

"Kim, do you remember what happened last night?" Lewis asked her.

"Yes. I do."

~Flashback~

Kim screamed as Lewis fell to the floor in a heap. Cleo, Rikki, and Bella stood at the other end of the cave staring at her as Zane ran into the cave behind her.

"Kim? What are you doing here?" He asked her.

"I came here with Lewis when he was following them here. What is wrong with them?" He was silent for a moment as he looked at Rikki as if looking for an answer.

"We're not human." Bella said as each of them took a step towards her.

"We are more powerful than you could every imagine." Rikki added while taking another step.

"And you shouldn't have come here!" Cleo yelled while pushing Kim into the water. Zane had tried to help her out, only to get his leg burned by Rikki. He sunk to the floor grasping his leg in pain.

Before she surfaced, Kim could feel the water starting to bubble around her. When she finally reached the surface of the rolling bubbles, she gasped for air. Only a few seconds later, the magic began passing the through her and leaving the magical abilities through out the cells in her body. Will entered the cave just as the process finished.

"Are you okay?" He asked her. Will had never seen the 'mermaid process' and he did not know what was happening.

"Yeah I, I think so." Kim was now terrified.

Will turned around in time see Cleo and Rikki dive into the water. Just as Bella was about to follow, Will wrapped his arms around her. She started elbowing him in his stomach and chest. He let go and she quickly dived into the water and glided out through the underwater tunnel.

"We have to get them out of here and into Zane's boat." Will told Kim before picking up Lewis. Kim helped Zane keep his balance as they followed Will to the tunnel.

"This isn't going to work. We have to wait until he comes to." He let Lewis fall into the sand.

"How long will that take?" Zane asked as he leaned against the cold wall. Before Will could answer, Lewis started sitting up. He rubbed his head as he looked at the other three.

"What happened?" He asked Kim.

"You got hit by this, thing." Kim had never seen a water tentacle before and didn't really know how to explain what she saw.

"We have to go." Will told them as he started climbing the steep tunnel.

One by one they made it to the top and out to the beach.

"Will, take my boat and try to keep track of the girls." Zane instructed after Lewis had taken them in his boat to where Zane's yacht was drifting in the deeper water.

"Ok, Kim you come with me. You can help." Will told her. After a few minutes of searching the water that surrounded Mako Island, Kim noticed something floating in the water.

"Will, what is that?" She asked pointing towards the object. After getting closer, Will realised that it was Rikki. He quickly pulled her aboard.

"Rikki can you hear me?" She was unresponsive.

"Will! I think I see Bella!" Kim pointed to another body. They found Cleo soon afterwards. With all three girls on board, Will noticed something that puzzled him. All three girls were drenched, but the weren't mermaids.

Will docked Zane's yacht outside his house and ran inside with Kim right behind him.

"What are you doing?" Kim asked as she observed Will rushing around the shelves of shells and tables of expensive equipment.

"Just getting some stuff." He answered while shoving a lot of towels into a bag and even a taser. He ran back out to the yacht where Cleo, Rikki and Bella were still unconscious. After covering them with towels, Will docked the boat in the harbor where Lewis was waiting in the parking lot in Zane's black SUV. Lewis and Will got the three girls, who were now fairly dry, into the car and drove to Cleo's house.

"Now what?" Kim asked them as they pulled in the driveway.

"Are your parents home?" Lewis asked her while turning the car off.

"No they decided to visit Sam's parents and they won't be back until later this morning." Before she could ask anymore questions, Will and Lewis were out and carrying Cleo and Bella into the house. Since Rikki wasn't much bigger than her, Kim managed to half carry half drag her into the lounge room and dropped her on the floor.

Will exited out the backdoor and into the backyard as Lewis went out the front. Having not slept all night, Kim rushed upstairs to her bed and was soon sound asleep.

~End of Flashback~

~Rikki's POV~

"Wow. So Cleo and I both used our powers to hurt you guys?" I asked after Kim explained what had happened.

"Well, more like your inner mermaid did it." Lewis joked.

"Oh my gosh! We barely have enough time to get ready for Emma's party!" Cleo exclaimed while looking at her watch. "It's six already!"

"I'll meet up with you guys there." I said. After giving Bella a lift home, I texted Zane to close up the cafe and that I would be coming back. A few minutes later, I arrived in the cafe parking lot, hoped put of the driver's seat and over into the passengers side as Zane walked around the corner.

"So, you hijacked my car." He joked.

"Yup." I kissed him on the cheek. I couldn't believe that we were going out again. After telling him that we would just be friends, I thought it would stay that way. While caught up in my thoughts, it seemed like it had only been a few seconds before the car pulled into the driveway in front of her house.

"Do you want me to come in?" Zane asked me.

"Of course. Someone's got to help me zip up!" I told him.

"Can't your mom do it?" He groaned. Just that word sent chills up my spine.

"No, she left when I was a baby. She always hated kids." My mom never wanted a family. My dad told me that when she was pregnant with me, she had wanted an abortion but he wouldn't let her. After I was born, he had been out looking for a job when she gave me away to another family. He had to beg them to give me back, which they did. They ended up having a fight and she told him it was her or me. Now she's living in America with her husband that she ,married a couple months after she had left my dad.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." Zane apologized while wrapping me in a hug. We walked inside and into my room. Zane made himself comfortable on my bed while I looked through my small selection of dresses.

"How about this one?" I asked while holding a straight black dress up to the front of me.

"Looks like your going to a funeral." He said laughing. I rolled my eyes and looked back to the dresses. While putting the rejected one back on the hanger, it slipped out of my hand and landed on my feet. As I bent over to pick it up, I noticed a red wod of fabric laying in the back corner of the closet. I picked it up and realised that it was the dress that Zane had given me to wear to one of his dad's dinner parties.

"How about this one?" I asked while holding it up.

"Will that fit?" He asked.

"Are you calling me fat?" I asked jokingly.

" No! I didn't mean it like that. It's just, uh, you have, um, filled out more since you got it." He told me, trying not to say the wrong words.

"Be right back." I told him, laughing at how he had struggled. Once in the bathroom, I slipped of my shirt and pants and slipped on the dress. I looked at myself in the mirror and realised that it fit better than it had before. It hugged my sides without suffocating me and it flowed off my hips with out making them look too wide and ended just past my knees.

As I opened the door to show Zane, I felt nauseous and barely made it to the toilet before the familiar blue vomit spilled out of my mouth. Zane must of heard me because before I knew it he was behind me with toilet paper and he was holding my hair back.

"Are you alright?" He asked as I stood up. 

"Yeah, I think so." I replied as I walked back into my bedroom. As I slipped my shoes on, Zane looked at me like I was crazy.

"What?" I asked him.

"You just got sick from some weird magical disease and your still about to got to the party?" 

"Yeah. You coming" I stood up and walked towards my door.

"I guess I am." 

A/N: OH MY GOSH!!! This took forever to write! I am soooo sorry about making you wait so long. I've been extremely busy, my internet keeps going out, and I have to babysit my little brother and little sister a lot. If anyone has ANY ideas about what should happen in a future chapter PLEASE either inbox me or leave it in the comment below! Chapter 7: The Cure, is already in the making and will be out TODAY as an I'm sorry gift. Until next time, BYEEEEE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 324 18
The Winx are back for another adventure of surviving through life as mermaids. This time their lives take a turn when a new girl arrives. Friendship...
20.4K 514 27
Meet Nash McLaren, your typical 17 years old guy. Life's changes for him as he moves all the way from the concrete jungle of New York to the sunny ti...
4.3K 88 13
*RECOMMENDED TO READ MY SEASON 4 STORY BEFORE STARTING THIS ONE* Nash finds his way back to the Gold Coast, to see things has stayed the same: He's b...
1.4K 46 10
H20 just add water When Cleo broke up with Lewis, she didn't know she was pregnant. Cleo feels like everything is slipping away, her friends, family...