Chapter 7: The Cure

Cleo looked at herself in the bathroom mirror. Her hair was now curled and she was wearing an ocean blue dress that ended just above her knees in the front and just below them in the back.

"Kim! Are you ready to go yet?" Cleo yelled as she put in her second ear ring. 

"Almost." Kim answered while walking into the bathroom. She was wearing a yellow dress that went down to her ankles. "I can't decide what shoes to wear!" She held up a pair of white sandals and a pair of yellow heels.

"Wear the sandals. You'll look like a banana with all the yellow on." Cleo told her. Kim sat down on the side of the tub and started to put her shoes on.

"So, does the moon affect, us, like that every night?" Kim asked.

"No, just the full moon." Cleo responded before walking into her bedroom. Kim slipped on her second shoe and followed right behind her.

"How many of your friends are mermaids?" Kim sat at Cleo's desk looking at a picture of Rikki, Cleo, and Emma.

"Three." Cleo answered while looking through her jewelry box. "Can I borrow a necklace?" 

"Sure, mine are on my dresser in my room." Kim told her. Cleo left the room leaving Kim at her desk. Kim looked around her sister's room when her gaze found the box under Cleo's bed. Her eyes got big as she realized the crystal she had taken was with the other necklaces.

"Kim!" She heard Cleo yell from the hallway. Her voice was laced with anger. Kim jumped up and ran for the stairs. Cleo was right behind her running after her.

"Why was this in your room?" Cleo held up the crystal necklace.

"I found it." Kim said confidently.

"More like stole it! It was under my bed in my room! You couldn't of just found it!" Cleo yelled.

"Okay, fine. I may have taken it, but yours looks so cool that I wanted one too!" Kim said while keeping the coffee table in between her and Cleo. Cleo looked the necklace then at Kim. She rounded the table and put the necklace around Kim's neck. 

"It's yours. Now you look like one of us." Cleo said generously. She glanced at her watch and pulled Kim out the door.

~Rikki's POV~ 

Zane pulled his car into Emma's endless driveway as I sent Bella a text telling her that we were there.

"This place is bigger than my dad's." Zane told me while staring at the house. He stopped the car and we both got out. When I turned around a familiar old woman was standing with Emma's mom on the porch.

"Ms. Chatham?" I knew it was her but I hadn't seen her in so long that it seemed unreal.

"Hello, Rikki." She hugged me but quickly pulled away.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Your sick." She told me. She turned and looked around as if she was searching for someone. Suddenly her gaze was fixed on Bella down the driveway.

"So is Bella." She said pointing at her.

"How do you know, nevermind." It seemed like Ms. Chatham knew everything. I led her down to Bella.

"Bella, this is Ms. Chatham. She's kinda like a mentor for the whole, you know." I wasn't about to say mermaid because of all the people on the porch just behind us.

"She knows about us?" Bella said a bit worriedly. 

"She used to be one of us when she was younger." I reassured her. "Plus she knew that we were what we are without us ever meeting her."