I Found A Way

By TheMShow01

I didn't know what to think when my girlfriend, Melly, told me she was pregnant. Should I be happy? Nervous... More

Chapter 1- Suspicious Sunday, April 13, 2014
Chapter 2- Night Time Sunday, April 13, 2014
Chapter 3- Finally Getting Some Answers Saturday, April 27, 2014
Chapter 4- My Reaction Saturday, April 27, 2014
Chapter 5- The First Ultrasound Friday, May 16, 2014
Chapter 6- Telling My Parents Sunday, May 25, 2014
Chapter 7- Telling Her Parents Sunday, May 25, 2014
Chapter 8- A Surprise Sunday, May 25, 2014
Chapter 9- Parker Family Fun Day Monday, May 26, 2014
Chapter 10- Telling Our Friends Saturday, June 7, 2014
Chapter 11- Monday Morning Monday, June 9, 2014
Chapter 12-Gym Class Monday, June 9, 2014
Chapter 13- Finding A Job Monday, June 9, 2014
Chapter 14- Boy or Girl? Sunday, June 13, 2014
Chapter 15- Band Session Saturday, July 19, 2014
Chapter 16- My Birthday Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Chapter 17- A Date Saturday, August 16, 2014
Chapter 18- At Work Monday, August 18, 2014
Chapter 19- Dinner At Dad's House Monday, August 18, 2014
Chapter 20- Last Day of Summer Sunday, August 31, 2014
Chapter 21- First Day Of School Monday September 1 2014
Chapter 22- The Birth of The Drama Queen Monday, September 1, 2014
Chapter 23- Our First Fight Saturday, September 13, 2014
Chapter 24- Fighting For Their Lives Saturday, September 13, 2014
Chapter 25- I'm Here Sunday, September 14, 2014
Chapter 26- In The Hospital Monday, September 15, 2014
Chapter 27- Nurse Melly Sunday, September 28, 2014
Chapter 28- Halloween Friday, October 31, 2014
Chapter 29- Thanksgiving Thursday November 27 2014
Chapter 30- Melly's Birthday Friday, December 19, 2014
Chapter 31- The Baby's Coming Friday, December 19, 2014
Chapter 32- Meeting Our Baby Friday, December 19, 2014
Chapter 33- The Visitors Saturday, December 20, 2014
Chapter 34- Going Home Saturday, December 20, 2014
Chapter 35- Up All Night Sunday, December 22, 2014
Chapter 36- Christmas Thursday, December 25, 2014
Chapter 37- New Years Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Chapter 39- Drama At School Monday, January 23, 2015
Chapter 40- Melly Loses Her Mind Friday February 6 2015
Chapter 41- Valentine's Day Saturday, February 14, 2015.
Chapter 42- Two Idiots and A Baby Saturday,
Chapter 43- The Gig Friday, February 27, 2015
Chapter 44- 'H' Is For Humiliation Sunday, March 15, 2015
Chapter 45- Danny's First Baptism Sunday, March 29, 2015
Chapter 46- Easter Sunday April 5 2015
Chapter 47- Mother's Day Sunday May 10 2015
Chapter 48- Son Of A Melly Saturday, May 23, 2015
Chapter 49- Prom Friday, June 5, 2015
Chapter 50- Graduation Day Monday, June 8, 2015
Chapter 51- Job Offer Saturday, June 13, 2015
Chapter 52- The Interview Monday, June 14, 2015
Chapter 53- Father's Day Sunday, June 21, 2015
Chapter 54- Moving Saturday, July 5, 2015
Chapter 55- Before The Wedding Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Chapter 56- The Wedding Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Chapter 57- Honeymoon Thursday, December 20, 2018
Epilogue- Saturday July 4 2020
Acknowledgement

Chapter 38- Back At School Monday, January 5, 2015

45 3 3
By TheMShow01

Christmas is as over as 2014. People are coming back home from wherever they went to this holiday season and kids are returning to school. For a lot of the kids, it's drag to go back to a place where the kids treats like you're unwanted and the administrators treat you like a prisoner. For others, it feels like a brand new start. Melly is one of those people.

She went all out into going back to school with her head high after the holiday season. She's wearing her brand new baby blue dress that reaches up to her knees, hugging all of her sexy curves on her body that my mom got her for Christmas. A cotton, white scarf hangs around her neck to add a winter, fashion accessory into her outfit. She stepped into her famous, black ballet flats implying that all though she wants to look beautiful as fuck today, she still chooses to be comfortable. Her recently cut to shoulder-length hair was slightly curled at the end and her face is full of makeup to hide her distress to the world.

I'm just dressed in my regular t-shirt and jeans. To me, it's just another day in hell, to her it's to prove to everyone that just because she gave birth, doesn't mean that she'll let anything in the way of doing what she needs to do. I support her decision, however she needs to calm down. I doubt anyone outside our group will notice or care about the point that she's trying to make, but whatever floats her boat. As long as she's happy that's all that matters to me.

"You know you don't have to do this. I'm pretty sure that taking care of yourself and getting some rest is more important than being at school with the rest of us." I said, looking at her through the mirror as she applies another coat of pink lip gloss, making her lips smooth and shiny for the day.

"Yes, I do. I've got to prove to these teachers that I'm not weak. That I'm a hardworking student, who just happens to have another person to take care of." Melly said, turning to look at me.

"I mean don't take this the wrong way, but you're an average student. You're not the best, but you're not the worst. I don't think our teachers would care." I pointed out.

"Do you remember how some of them responded they heard about my pregnancy? Trust me, they do." Melly said, grabbing her brown bookbag from the floor.

"I just don't want anything bad to happen to you." I admitted.

"I know, and I really appreciate. But you need to realize that I'm a big girl and I need to learn to fend for myself. The prince protect his princess from every wound in the world forever. She needs to get wounded, so she can be stronger." Melly said.

She walked up to me to leave a kiss on my cheek. I parted my legs, letting her walk into them as I held her hand, rubbing my thumbs over her knuckles like I always do. I stared up at does dark chocolate eyes, full of kindness that's enough to comfort me. I planted my lips on her knuckles and rubbed it.

"Okay, if you say so. We better get going, before we're late." I said, giving my girl a small smile.

I got up and retrieved my backpack from the floor. I took her hand, before we walked out of our room.

As we stepped outside of our bedchamber, Melly said with a frown, "Boo, now I remember why I hate Mondays again."

I just chuckled and shook my head at her. The girl just convinced me to let her go to school, now that I am, she suddenly remembers why she hates Mondays like the rest of us?

"You're too much, sometimes." I just say.

I kissed her lips to reassure that I'm fine with that. The door knocked, signaling that mom is here to look after Danny while we're gone. We're too poor to afford a daycare at the moment and my mom works at home, so she offered to take care of our son for free. I let go of Melly, so she can get the infant out of his room as I went over to let mom in.

"Hey, mom." I said, greeting her with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi Derek, are you ready to go to school?" Mom asked.

"Ready as ever." I said, try to leave out the disgust in my voice at the mention of that hellhole.

Mom nodded as she looked over my shoulder. I looked to see Melly coming with our son in her arms, wrapped in his favorite baby blue blanket. He's has grown a little bit bigger over the two week since he's been born. Obviously, he's still small, but he's growing. Mom stretched her arms out to receive her grandson, who was fussy when he realized that he's no longer in Mel's.

"Aww, you'll be okay, little soldier. We'll be back, you're just going to be with grandma for a while. You're gonna have so much fun." Melly cooed, letting the crying baby wrap has hands around her finger and waving it around.

Melly kissed the baby's forehead, leaving a glob of pink lip gloss behind, and patted his head.

"We'll be back, buddy. Be good to grandma." I said, fixing his monkey hat as I kissed his head, while kissing the other side of his head where Melly didn't mark it with pink, gooey, and fruity smelling lip product.

I turned my head to see Melly frowning. I grabbed her hand and squeezed, giving her a small smile while doing so. She smiled back. While it is her decision to go to school, I have to support her about it and remind that what she's doing is a good idea. For all of us.

We waved our mom goodbye and headed out the door. Once we closed it, we heard one of the most heartbreaking noise of all; my little baby boy's crying for his parents to come back. I know that my girl is thinking the same thing; it's written all over her face.

She winced and looked at me. "Think this is too soon?"

I was about to answer, when she stopped me and said, "You know what, never mind. Let's just go."

I just shrugged at her, keeping my mouth shut. We climbed into the car, started it up, and drove to school.

{_}

Melly and I were by our locker, talking to our friends during first period. We were talking and laughing about our holiday vacation stories. Mike was telling his messy Christmas story of looking over his young cousins, who were running all over his aunt's and uncle's apartment looking for Santa, knocking everything over. It got everyone in our group, laughing, but I can't help to fear the day Danny grows up and do the same thing. Amy's story was less entertaining than the drummer as she was telling us what happened in her grandma's house, including baking snickerdoodles. Jack's story was the least entertaining as the most exciting one is spending all of his time with his parents. Everything was fine, until Brittany came up with her posse in her usual cheerleading outfit, staring at my girl from head to toe.

"So the little slut gave birth, eh?" The blonde girl asked.

"Leave her alone. This has nothing to do with you." I told her, gently, ready to do anything to defend my fiance.

"Shut up, I can do whatever I want. If she didn't want me to call her a slut, she shouldn't have opened her legs in the first place, there's nothing you and your nerdy friends can do about it." Brittany said, cringing her plastic nose at me.

"Well, if you would use your brain, you would know that your hang ups on Melly and her sexuality is not her problem. You're just being a bitch, which is nothing new." Amy intruded, looking like she's ready to fight the cheerleader.

"Watch it, bitch. Or else, I'll take you down with her." Brittany threatens.

So pathetic, like the only people who still cares about being popular and pretty in 2015 are superficial ones like her and Blake. The rest of us are just fine with being normal. I really don't know how anyone can live with themselves, knowing they're making other people miserable. Sure, you can't make everyone happy, but at least try to be nice to them, you know?

"Go ahead. Do whatever you want with me, but there's no way I'm letting you harm my friends and their baby." Amy said, getting face to face with the girl.

"I'm surprise she's not saying anything. Shows you how weak she is." Brittany sneered.

We all looked at Melly, who just rolled her eyes, and said, "Have a nice day."

"That's it? That's all you have to say to me?" Brittany said, bursting out in laughter along with her friends.

At least Melly can be mature.

"Yup. Have a nice day, meaning you're dismissed." Melly said, slamming her locker shut.

She squeezed my hand, pulling my body through the crowd of people in our way and out to open space, where we can get some air. I looked at her with a "what the fuck?" look.

"Once I became a mother, I realized that I really have to be mature and be a good example to a child, who's only starting to learn about the world around him. That's why I'm in school. To be educated, not to he fight the most popular girl in school, who's not even worth it. I suggest you do the same thing." Melly said.

"What's that supposed to mean? I don't start fights." I said, not wanting to think about how I let Blake's words got me during the summer at my job and in the locker during gym class, when Melly's pregnancy was spreading through entire school.

"You kind of do, even if you don't you do participate in a fight, you participate in an argument and often times, try to get back at other people. You're a parent just as much as I am, so I suggest you try to mature yourself for Danny's sake." Melly pleaded.

"I do it for you, though. I punch Blake sometimes, because he deserves and for your benefit." I reminded her.

She's seriously not saying that I start shit, when she knows most of them has been provoked by the other guy being a jerk. I am just doing what most guys do when they hear about someone stealing their girl or thinking about touching them. She knows that my sole reason of giving people like Blake a slap in the face sometimes.

"I know. While I'm grateful of that, things are different now. It's not just us anymore. There's a three in us now. Unless it's necessary, please keep your hands and feet to yourself." Melly asked.

I looked into her brown eyes to see the beg that she holds. I sighed, disappointed in the fact that I can't exactly say no this. She is being ridiculous, but I know I need to be a better role model for my son, and I am willing to do so.

I rubbed the back of my head and nodded my head.

"Thank you." She said, leaning in to kiss my nose, but I moved my head and connected my lips with hers.

I turned around so that I am by her side and put my arms around my shoulder.

"Just know I will always have your back." I said.

"I know." Melly said, smiling as we entered our first period class.

{_}

"So any discussions on marriage?" Mike asked, as Melly and I sat down with our trays during lunch.

"Um, uhh.." Melly started, clearly uncomfortable with talking about getting married at the moment, which is understandable.

"Mike, we just had a baby. Do you think there was anytime to talk?" I asked, giving him a 'come-on' look.

"Well, it's you guys. You talk about everything all the time." Jack said.

Not as much as we usually do, not that they know that. Seems like we communicate more when the baby is not in the room than we do when he is. Nothing against Danny as he is one of the best things that has ever happened to us, but maybe things would be different if he were to be in our lives when we're older and married. Maybe Melly and I would get along at home and at work, if we were to have waited to have sex until marriage like we've originally planned to. But he's here now, and I am more to grateful to have him in my life. The only thing that I hope for now is that Melly and I can build our relationship to be stronger, not drifted apart like two polar bears on ice. I need her to function properly.

"Not right now. We're sort of busy." Melly said, rubbing her dried hands over her jeans as if she were sweating. She's really uncomfortable with having this discussion right now.

"Guys, just leave this subject alone. I mean Melly and I have a lot to take care of right now, and besides I told her that we can get married whenever we want, whether it's this year or the next. I'm fine with waiting. This is all just something we should discuss together in private. Once we have the details set, we'll discuss it with you. Just give us a little more time." I said, trying to get away from this topic.

"Fine." Mike said, looking slightly disappointed.

I have a feeling that this is about him wanting to be best man, but I'm not sure. The wedding isn't much of my priority right now. I moved my rice with my spoon around my plate, not really in the mood to eat the cafeteria food. I heard Melly sighed.

"I'll be back." Melly said, grabbing her bag. "Breast milk." She whispered in my ears.

"Want me to come with you?" I asked, wondering if she wanted some company.

"No." She said, over her shoulder, running her hand through her hair, and walked out of the lunch room.

I watched her until she disappeared from view. I turned back to my friends, who had frowns on their faces.

"What?" I demanded, not enjoying their expressions.

"Nothing," Amy said with a shrug, then added, "I just never thought I'd see the day where you two are distant from each other."

"We're just adjusting to having a baby between us." I assured them, though those words were more to myself than them.

"Really? I've seen couples who had babies at a young age, who act the way you guys do all the time. It's rare to see their stories end in a happily ever after." Amy said.

"Clearly, you've been watching a lot of Teen Mom. Melly and I are nothing like that. Besides, you can't have one without the other, or else it wouldn't make sense at all." I said, telling them the same speech that I've been telling my conscious.

"I'm just saying, you should probably keep an eye out in case of anything. You should relationship while you can." The blonde girl said.

"Just watch. Danny was born a week ago, we just need a few more to get used to being around each other with him." I told them.

The fact that even my friends know what's going on between me and my fiance, fuels my fire even more to wanting to keep my relationship from falling apart. When I signed up to become a father nine months ago, I was just worried about wanting to be a good father. I still had a good relationship with the mother, but now that he's here, do I have to worry about losing Melly? And if I were to lose Melly, what would happen? Would she keep me from seeing our son? Would she go off and find another man, who loves her more than I do? I almost got sick from just thinking about that. No, I am not willing to lose the girl and our history. The love that we share is powerful. More powerful than any magic that a man can possess. It's too special to lose.

"Hi. Did I miss anything?" Melly said, sitting back down on our table with a small grin on her face.

I can't lose her.

{_}

The word 'exhausted' is an understatement for what I am feeling after the day I have. The teachers are a bit stricter towards Melly, now that they know she had Danny. They have asked about him, but they weren't too kind with it. It felt like they were looking down upon her, like she shouldn't be happy to have a child. Hopefully, she doesn't care what they say and is happy about it anyway. She has every right to be a happy mother, just like I have every right to be a happy father, despite our age and circumstances. At least we're doing everything we can to provide a decent life for him by continuing to go to school and going to work. Next to that, we have Brittany and Blake on our backs again, so that should be fun. Not. And just to put the icing on the misery cake, the Black Pliers knows that Melly and I are acting weird towards. Great, just great. As if things could get any better. All I want to do is crawl into bed and sleep with Melly in my arms. Is that too much to ask?

I slammed our front door behind me as Melly and I enter the guest house. Mom was playing with the baby in the playpen. She seems to be giving him a puppet show that he seems to not care about. Melly stood behind her, smiling as she watched our adorable creature move around in his space. I tried to put my arms around her, but she shrugged me off, not wanting to be bothered at the moment. I frowned, but I respected her wishes and stood there watching the same thing as she is. Mom turned around, surprised to see us there.

"Oh, hi!" Mom said, a grin forming on her face.

"Hey, mom. How are you?" Melly greeted.

"Fine and you?" Mom responded.

"Great. How is my baby?" Mel responded.

"I think it's time for him to nap. He doesn't seem very interested in a puppet show right now." Mom said. Melly and I exchanged a playful eye roll. "How was school?"

"Oh, school was school. You know lots of people and learning." I said, wrapping my arms around Melly again, who thankfully didn't reject me this time. In fact, she leaned into it and embraced it.

"Oh, that's nice." Mom said, nodding her head. "I guess I will be heading out."

"Thank you so much for your help. We really owe you one." Melly said, hugging mom, really grateful that she's here.

"Hey, what are families for." Mom said, hugging her back.

Mom pulled back and went over to hug me.

"Thanks, mom." I said, patting her back, before we pulled apart and she walked near the door.

"See you, guys." Mom said as she opened the door.

"Bye." Melly and I said in unison, once the front door slammed.

Melly padded up to our son and picked him. She smiled at him as she adjusted his monkey hat and kissed his head.

"Hello scrumptious. I missed you all day. Why don't we change your nappy and then you can go to sleep?" Melly said, before kissing his head again. "Are you coming?"

When I realized she was talking to me, I said, "Uh, yeah. Let me just get snack."

"Okay." Melly said, her eyes focused on Danny as they headed into the bathroom.

I went into the kitchen to make her tea. Over the last few days, I finally taught Melly how to drink green tea. Since she's not sleeping, I figured she needed it to at least calm her nerves down. She was stubborn at first, but once I reminded her of the sixth grade, she finally gave in and started to drink the refreshment since then. Once the brew was finished, I poured the hot drink into her favorite pink, Paris mug. I set the brewer down, grabbed the cup, got out the kitchen to go the nursery where Melly is at. I gently knocked on the door, to know if it's okay to go in.

"Come in." Melly's voice rang through the door.

I poked my head through the door to see my girl standing over the crib, watching Danny as he sleeps. When she made eye contact with me, I waved her over to the door. She bit her bottom lip in nervousness, but did as she was told. Once she stepped out into the hall, I shoved the mug into her hands.

"Thanks." She muttered.

"You're welcome." I said, before turning around and going to the bedroom with Melly following suit.

We sat on the bed with Melly sipping her tea. I looked at her, remembering the little talk I had with our friends today.

I took a deep breath and said what needed to be said, "I need to know, if things between us are okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't it be?" Melly shrugged, acting like nothing has happened, but I know she has felt the tension.

"I mean, we haven't been talking much and there has been a bit of awkwardness around here." I pointed out.

Melly sighed as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ears. She started to shake her leg and sipped her drink, before she opened her mouth again.

"It's just--I-I don't know what to say about all of this. I would say I haven't felt anything since Danny came home with us, but that would be a lie. I guess we're just trying to get used to the change." Melly said.

Exactly what I said, Melly. Exactly what I said.

"I just want to know..." I started, but she cut me off.

"If we're still a thing? Of course we are. Baby, I wouldn't have said 'yes' to your engagement if I didn't mean it. I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to. It's just..it's not just about us anymore and you know that. There's a baby that needs my love and attention just as much as you do. I'm sorry if you felt left behind these days, that was my own fault. But please recognize, there's a third person that I need to take care of." Melly said. I nodded in understanding. Not exactly wanted to hear, but it is what I needed to hear.

"But most of all, recognize that I love you...I will always love you. You'll always be my Derek."

Melly kissed my cheek, making me look up to her. The sun is glowing behind her making her seem more than beautiful.

"And you'll always be my Melina. I love you too." I said, kissing her lips, my muscles instantly softening at the intimate touch. Our lips moved in synch with each other and she nearly put her tongue in my mouth, when I pulled back. "I think we should stop here, before we go too far."

Melly nodded, "Good call."

Seeing her frown, I thought I should ease up my statement by saying, "Don't worry, we'll do it soon. Let's just wait, when everything goes back to normal between us."

She nodded her head again. I added in a low voice, kind of hoping she didn't hear me, "And for you to get your period again." She raised an eyebrow at that statement, "Just so we know your body is acting normal again."

Melly giggled and shook her head. "I almost forgot that was a thing."

"How can you forget such a bloody mess?" I joked, causing her to groan in annoyance.

I used to make menstrual cycle all the time, before she got pregnant.

"I don't mess your jokes." Melly said, but I know she's lying.

I pulled her to my chest and said, "Yeah, you do. Admit it. Admit it!"

I put her cup to the side and laid us down to the bed. I started to give her a nudgie. She thrashed in my arms, making me hold her tighter as a laughter burst out of her mouth.

"Alright, I admit it! I love your weird jokes!" She exclaimed at the top of her lungs, mostly to get me to stop nudging her, but I won't budge until I grew a little tired.

We just laughed there on the bed, holding each other's bodies close. I kissed her head as we continued to lay there and forget the world around us.

A/N: Hey!!! Sorry for the wait, I had a bit of writer's block. At least you know that I am alive. :) Just wanted to let you know that there are only 20 chapters within this book, then I can move on to update Little Angel, and then I can start off with the spin off, Below The Tide, starring Danny Parker. Question: 1. If you were to move anywhere, where would it be? 2. If there's anyone that can play Danny, who do you want it to be? Comment below and I'll let you know who the winner is down below. Until the next update, have a nice day!

Xoxo,
M.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 57.2K 45
~COMPLETED~ | This story is being slowly edited. "As much as you want to plan your life, it has a way of surprising you with unexpected things that w...
2.6K 126 28
*featured on the official Wattpad Beauty profile* Being a normal teen was never really on the agenda anyway... At only sixteen, Zuri finds herself pr...
206K 2.9K 16
Age gap series #1 (WILL BE BACK WITH PART 2 SOMETIME SOON) ____________ Angel Thomas: An eighteen-year-old high school student who happened to fall i...
309K 8.4K 33
"Cassie, sweetie, please do me a huge favor." "What is it, Mom?" "Do. Not. Get. Pregnant." "Ever?" "I mean, don't get pregnant in your teen years." "...