forbidden - chris beck

By icedmintae

Ava Collins couldn't have been more excited to be a part of the Ares 3 mission to Mars, but what happens when... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Thank you
Epilogue

Chapter 10

9.4K 365 264
By icedmintae

It had been about a week and a half since I was feeling a little homesick and so I was overjoyed when NASA said I could FaceTime my parents.

They had planned it for the afternoon so I sat the computer in the Rec awaiting an email confirmation.

Also in the Rec was Vogel who was preoccupied reading a chemistry journal and Martinez who was sitting causally on his laptop while picking from a bowl of dried fruit.

I was biting my lip nervously and constantly clicking the refresh button on my emails just like Johanssen told me to.

After about 20 minutes of waiting I jumped slightly as two hands were placed on the table in front on either side of me. I turned around to see Beck looking down at me with a smile. My cheeks turned a rosy colour due to his closeness.

"Hey Collins, what's up?" He leaned closer so I quickly turned to look back at the computer screen.

"I'm expecting a video call from my parents," I smiled at the thought of seeing their faces again in such a long time. This was the second time we'd communicated on video chat, the first being in the second week of the mission.
"Just waiting for the email to confirm."

"Oh yeah, I had to do the same thing when I called my sister last week."
I shuddered slightly as I felt his warm breath on the back of my neck as his body hovered over mine.

I'm glad I was distracted by the ding sound that came from the computer.
I immediately clicked the accept button and waited for it to connect. I tapped my foot impatiently and Beck stayed in his position.

Then my parents faces showed up on the screen and I let out a little squeal.
"Hi guys!" I grinned excitedly.

"Hey sweetie." My mom yelled gleefully and my dad waved with a smile.

Beck stood up and moved back a little when he realised they were looking at him, especially my dad who gave him a piercing glare once he had noticed him.

Beck nervously smiled into the camera and was about to walk off until I introduced him.

"Mom, dad, this is Dr Chris Beck." He moved back in front of the camera and waved.

"Hi. It's nice to finally meet Ava's parents." He said with a warm smile and then looked down at me.

"It's lovely to meet you too, honey." My mom spoke cheerfully, while my dad remained silent.

I assume that Beck noticed and figured it was time to go. "I'll uh leave you guys to it." He waved again to the camera and slowly walked away.

"Ooh, Ava sweetie he's so handsome." My mom spoke loudly.

Beck was only a few strides from the computer when he turned around to look at me with the biggest smirk on his face.

"Mom!" I hissed. "He can still hear you."

My mom did nothing but smile as I watched Beck turn back around and walk out of the Rec.

"Is he gone?" She whispered. I nodded and closed my eyes with embarrassment. Even being millions of miles away, my mom still managed to humiliate me, but I knew it was all out of pure love.

"See, now why can't you find a nice man like that?" She complained.

I threw my head back slightly and groaned. "Can we not talk about this now?"

"...And he's a doctor!" She continued.

My dad scoffed and crossed his arms. "Anyone can get a PHD these days."

"Seriously dad?"

"I hope these boys are keeping their distance." He said in a low voice which frightened me a little.

"Phil, don't be ridiculous." My mom tutted at him.

"She's right dad. It's a small ship. There's not much distance to go." I sighed as this continued for some time. My parents were always protective over me.

I sat back in the chair as they debated over various things and occasionally I offered my input. I liked this, it reminded me of being at home, right there next to them, and really lifted my mood.

~

Later that evening, I made myself a cup of hot chocolate and sat in my bunk, reading through tomorrow's agenda.

Johanssen was in her bunk above me playing a game on her laptop which she had played so many times that the annoying theme song was imprinted into my memory. After complaining to her about the noise, she put her headphones on and continued playing through the night.

I finished my drink and was about to lie down and turn off he lights when Beck walked in and once he saw that I was still awake, he stood next to my bunk, looking down at me.

"So how was it?" He asked.

"Well, apart from the lectures and mom tearing up every two seconds it was good." My mood had definitely lifted since speaking to parents.

He chuckled. "I'm glad you're feeling better."

He looked down at me with a smirk and said, "Your mom seemed to like me."

I knew where he was going with this. It was embarrassing enough that he had heard what my mom said, but it was even more so now that he was bringing it up again.

I opened my mouth to protest but before I could get any words out he spoke again.

"Don't worry," he leaned down into my bunk and put his face directly in front of mine.
"One day, you won't be able to resist these good looks." He said smugly.

Then after a few moments of hesitation, he quickly pressed his lips against my cheek and whispered "Night." He rushed out of the room before I could even react. So instead I lay down in the darkness and let the thoughts of Dr Chris Beck consume me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 21.1K 89
Isabella Shepherd is about to be thrusted into the world of medicine, surgery and saving lives. Should be easy seeing that her dad is the #1 neurosur...
1.2K 30 23
All it took was just two weeks for her entire life to turn upside down. Will she be able to survive this?
32.2K 1.1K 46
Just a lil fanfic ;) You were invited to join Quentin Beck to work in a secret place, soon after you find out the reason why he was doing the secret...
70.9K 2K 26
Chris couldn't keep his mouth shut during a panel, meaning that Sebastian's wildest dreams are about to come true.