Mate

By cityofswift

Her pack, her family. All gone. She gets captured by the very same pack that kills her loved ones. There she... More

Chapter 1 - Mate
Chapter 2 - He's not my mate
Chapter 3 - The Escape
Chapter 4 - Why
Chapter 6 - The date with Austin
Chapter 7 - Heat
Chapter 8 - Death
Chapter 9 - Fainting
Chapter 10 - Us?
Chapter 11 - Just friends...
Chapter 12 - The tour
HELP - title ideas :)
Chapter 13 - Rogues
Chapter 14 - Love
Chapter 15 - Gemma
Chapter 16 - Witch
Chapter 17 - The Note
Chapter 18 - Attacked
Chapter 19 - The Vision
Chapter 20 - Discussion
Chapter 21 - Panama
Chapter 22 - The Light Dawn Pack
Chapter 23 - Taylor?
Sorry.
Chapter 24 - Grief

Chapter 5 - The Marking

6.3K 149 16
By cityofswift

Sorry it took so long guys! I had writer's block and stuff... I hope you like this chapter! :)

Brooke's POV

I guess you could say that I didn't sleep well last night. Who knew Jace had the magic ability to move non-stop while he slept? Even my wall of pillows didnt help. By morning, his right arm was strewn across my stomach, and his leg was bent and poking me hard on my ribs. Trust me when I say it wasn't comfortable. I groaned when I awoke. At first, I decided to play nice and try to get out of bed without waking the jerk of a mate. Halfway through, I gave up.

"Heck with it" I thought as I shoved him roughly off the bed. When he stood up, to say he was mad was an understatement. Apparently Big Bad Alpha doesn't like being thrown off the bed in the morning. His eyes, went from the usual colour to midnight black. Shit. His wolf took control. Nothing ever went well when this happens. I took a step back cautiously. He growled. "NO ONE DISRESPECTS ME. NO ONE. NOT EVEN MY MATE." He yelled at me. I kept walking back in fear until my back touched the wall.

I was scared stiff. He neared me. Eyes blazing with anger. I turned my head, not making any eye contact. I couldn't face him.

I felt a sharp pain on my neck then. I gasped. He must've hit me. I turned my head to look at him. I saw his canines sunk into my skin.

I screamed like I never screamed before. HOW DARE HE MARK ME? I pushed his body away from mine with all my stength, sending him flying across the room. But it was too late, the mark was already there. I kicked him and jumped through the window, shifting to my brown wolf.

He marked me. These 3 words were in my head as I ran. He couldn't have. Mates will make sure its okay with the other person before he marks her. Why didn't he? Oh that's right. It cos he's an ASSHOLE. I hated him more than ever now.

I ran for a couple of hours, before I shifted back and fell asleep under a tree from exhaustion.

I woke up when I felt someone put handcuffs on my hands. I hissed when they burned my skin. Silver.

"Here we go again." I thought.

I looked up expecting to see Jace or someone from his pack, but I was wrong. I didn't recognize him, but was too tired and thirsty to protest when he brought me away.

I was brought before an alpha who was told by the guy that chained me that I was a rogue. Urgh.

I had to explain to the alpha, whose name was Daniel, my entire story, and he still didn't seem to believe me. He wanted to bring me back to him. But I stopped him.

"Please, Alpha Daniel, let me stay. Just for a few weeks. I don't want to face my mate. I need a break from him. Please? " I looked at him pleadingly. When I saw his eyes soften, I knew I had won.

After I calmed down and stopped jumping up and down, the alpha showed me to my room. It was huge, and completely decorated in purple and gold, giving the room a fancy look. I loved it. Alpha Daniel gave me some of his sister's clothes and left me alone to change. I put on the black shorts and blue shirt before leaving my room to explore the pack house.

I went down the stairs and turned right. I soon found myself in a lounge. I stared at it in awe. There were 5 flat screen TVs and each was connected to either an Xbox or a Wii. I squealed before plopping myself on a couch and started to play a Mario game on the Wii.

"Hey Brooke! I'm Taylor. My brother told me about you. Can I join you?" A girl with blue eyes and light brown hair said, smiling at me. I nodded my head twice. She was really fun to hang with, and I had more fun in that few hours than I ever did before. We stopped playing just when an omega (Basically something like a servant) called us for dinner. I was introduced to the pack. I sat down beside Taylor and this really hot guy, who told me his name was Austin. We hit it off really well, and he even asked me out tomorrow night. My wolf was telling me to say no, to tell him I had a mate. Once again, I didn't listen. I agreed and was actually looking forward to it.

When dinner ended, Austin walked me to my room, asking me many questions about myself. I didn't know why I liked him so much, but I guess its because he was the kind of mate I always wanted but never got. He kissed my forehead before I went in to my room. Snuggling under the covers, I fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

Jace's POV

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. This is all my fault. Shit. If I didn't mark her, she wouldn't have ran away. She looked so beautiful just now that it was hard to resist the urge to mark her. I wanted to make her mine forever. She had pushed me away when I was marking her, hurting me emotionally and physically. Damn, she is one strong wolf.

I've sent search parties to go and find her. But she wasn't in my land anymore, making it impossible to find her. We weres have a treaty, not to cross the borders of our lands. If we did, they would kill us. Urgh. If only I haven't marked her, she would be in my arms by now.

I've tried everything to find her, and bring her back home. But as I said before, it was impossible. Even our mind link is not working. She crossed the borders, now the link is gone.

Suddenly I felt a wave of jealousy take over me, like my mate was cheating on me. I growled. Grabbing the closest thing to me, I threw it roughly on the ground. There goes my new vase.

Would she cheat on me? I admit I haven't been the best mate, but she wouldn't cheat on me, would she? I sighed in frustration. I will find her and bring her back to me. Soon she will be with me again.

"CAYDEN! Go call the alpha Daniel of the Sherwood Pack, and hand me the phone. I'm going to find my mate." I said in a low voice.

Cayden did as he was told. I grabbed the phone and immediately asked him if he saw Brooke. (I gave him a description of her) The Sherwood Pack was the pack directly next to mine. If she wasn't in my land, she would definitely be in their's. He hesitated. I was growing more frustrated by the minute, my patience growing thin. Didn't they understand I wanted to find my mate?

"DID YOU SEE HER?" I yelled at Daniel in my alpha voice. He was taking too long to answer. He finally said no. I murmured a quick Thank You before slamming down the phone in anger. I needed my mate and I needed her now.

Brooke's POV

I woke up to the sound of Taylor screaming in my ears.

"IFOUNDMYMATE." She shouted.

"OMG OMG IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" I yelled back, genuinely pleased for her. I hugged her tight.

"Who is it?" I asked and she mumbled something that sounded like Cayden.

I froze for a split second. "Are you talking about Cayden Finlay, the beta of the Shadow Moon Pack?"

She nodded slowly. "Yea, I know he killed people before... but now he stopped. He won't hurt me I promise."

I was shocked. "Erm Taylor? That's not why i'm shocked. I know him. My mate's his alpha. " I whispered.

She was the first person from this pack I ever told who my mate was. I had been very vague with everyone else, simply telling them which pack he's from.

Her eyes widened. "Why...why did you leave?"

I sighed, and began to tell her my reason. When I was done, she vowed to not let him come near me unless I asked for him. I smiled. Taylor was so sweet. I only knew her for a day and yet I felt like I could confide in her. We're going to be BFFs. I just know it.

We both took a quick shower and headed down to eat breakfast.

We chatted excitedly about practically everything. We were going shopping that day to get me some new clothes to wear.

"Hi Brooke.. Do you think I could talk to you for a sec?" I heard the familiar voice of Austin say, interrupting me from my conversation with Taylor.

"Sure!" I replied as I hopped out of my chair.

He seemed so nervous that I actually found it cute. "I...I know you have a mate and stuff, and I wouldn't mind if you say no. But just hear me out... Do you want to go on a date? With me? Tomorrow night?"

I just stared at him, in complete and utter shock. This was the least expected thing I expected him to say. Part of me wanted to say no, and to tell him that I had a mate. But another part of me wanted to say yes, to have some fun, seeing as my mate treated me like shit. In the end, I nodded before squealing in excitement and running off to Taylor to tell her the news.

I swear she was more excited than me, immediately dragging me into her car to go shop for a dress to wear for my date.

...

Shopping. Was. Amazing. NOT. It sucked. To tell the truth, I never really liked shopping. I only agreed because I am really in need of clothes. Taylor's idea of shopping isn't really considered shopping. We went in to practically every store and tried on every dress there was, to find, and I quote from Taylor, "The perfect dress that will make Austin fall at my feet."

We have been walking for hours, and I still haven't found my dress. Either I'm not looking hard enough, or my dress is just great at playing hide and seek. We totally gave up, and decided to go home. We were going to go to a different shopping mall in the morning. On the bright side, I bought so many clothes that I probably will not run out of clothes. Ever.

I wanted to help with the payment, somehow (Couldn't help much though, I didn't bring my money) but Taylor was happy to pay for everything. Another reason why I love that girl.

I was having so much fun, that I never wanted to go "home". I wouldn't really consider it home, more like a dungeon filled with horrible, mean monsters.

I love the Sherwood pack. No, ADORE it. Everybody's so nice and welcoming, and I wish I can stay forever. But I know the alpha will either make me go back or Jace will find me. I guess i'll just have to enjoy this while it lasts...

--------------------

DONE. FINALLLLLYYYY. I tried to make this one longer, hope you guys like it! I'm incredibly sorry it took so long. But now its the holidays for me, so I shall write whenever I have the chance :)

Sooo Vote, Fan, and Comment! Thanks so much for reading! :))

~Claudia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270K 7.1K 36
November always knew she was different from the rest of her pack but she didn't know why. Journeying out into the world to find out who she really wa...
5.6K 666 40
A rogue attack forces Harper Smith to save and build her pack, Silver Star Pack, up from dust. Her past is full of confusion and mystery and she soon...
18.4K 338 25
Bryn gave everything for her pack. She took over as Luna after the death of her mother at a young age and married a man who was not her mate so her p...
7.6K 324 20
"Just because you're not my mate, doesn't stop the fact that I want you and will have you." ----- Gemma Clayton gave up on the idea of having a m...