Broken Wings

By Harmless

~ When fairies want something, they get it. It doesn't matter what it is, they get it. But what happens when... More

Chapter One~ "You're acting weird today"
Chapter Two~ "Stay Safe"
Chapter Three~ "Trouble in paradise?"
Chapter Four~ "Why do you always need saving?"
Chapter Five~ "She's not ready!"
Chapter Six~ "They said that you were dangerous."
Chapter Seven~ "Welcome home, Vi."
Chapter Eight ~ "Goodbye, Anna."
Chapter Nine~ "You don't have wings."
Chapter ten~ "The petals can show you the future,"
Chapter eleven~ "You do take after your mother."
Chapter Twelve ~ "You were born to be a queen."
Chapter thirteen~ "I can't let them hurt him!"
Chapter fourteen~ "Leo knew you'd come."
Chapter fifteen~ "You made me do this."
Chapter Sixteen~ "I loved you!"
Chapter Seventeen~ "This isn't Anna anymore."
Chapter Eighteen~ "Are humans always in love?"
Chapter nineteen~ "He couldn't help himself."
Chapter twenty~ "Is this what caring feels like?"
Chapter twentyone~ "You're not perfect."
Chapter twentytwo~ "You, Miranda and Me."
Chapter twentythree~ "You need to think things over."
Chapter Twentyfour~ "You'll be a wonderful queen."
Chapter Twentyfive~ "Let's go be a queen."
Chapter twentysix~ "Silly Vi."
Chapter twentyseven~ "No, you don't."
Chapter twentyeight~ "I'll see you in two months, Juliet."
Chapter twentynine~ "It's Aily."
Chapter thirty~ "Eelii,"
Chapter thirtyone~ "You'll come out different or dead."
Chapter thirtytwo~ "Everything's wrong."
Chapter thirtythree~ "Are we a kingdom?"
Chapter thirtyfour~ "We were trying to protect you!"
Chapter thirtyfive~ "It's a bit late for that."
Chapter thirtysix~ "YOU MAY NOW BEGIN."
Chapter thirtyseven~ "I love you."
Chapter thirtyeight~ "I would never have hurt you."
Chapter thirtynine~ "I won't let you hurt her anymore."
Chapter forty~ "This is how you kill her."
Chapter fortyone~ "Guess who's back?"
Chapter fortytwo~ "I know that."
Chapter fortythree~ "Forever."
Chapter fortyfour~ "You guys are the best."

Chapter fortyfive~ *The end.*

518 27 4
By Harmless

Chapter fortyfive~ *The end.*

Leo smiled at me from across the table, giving me some sense of reality. The people sat around us were all jabbering on about war officials and stuff I didn’t know or care about. There had just been a war between some distant kingdoms and the official board wanted to make sure it didn’t happen again. All the rulers of the kingdoms in the near section of this world had organised this meeting.

The kingdoms at war were placed at different ends of the table, and despite Leo’s begging, me and him had been split up as rulers of different kingdoms.

Some of the other kings thought that basing a kingdoms alliance on our relation was stupid; apparently we were bound to fall out and ruin it all sometime soon.

“Mrs Lyprith?” Asked the man next to me. I was a little surprised he’d called me by that name, I mean, no one ever had before. Apparently in fairy land or whatever the female kept her last name for family pride, but to be quite honest I didn’t care.

My head snapped up from its drooping position and I smiled at the king of Truleth.

“Are you agreeing with this decision, been as it is your kingdom?” He said quite sternly, wiping the smile from my face. I shook my head to clear it and then tried to recall what they had been talking about before.

“Pardon?” I felt a little ashamed that I had to ask to understand, but whatever. Everyone around me shook their heads in disapproval and I shied away into my seat. No matter how hard I tried, only a few other royals here would understand me.

“As Dyllea, the previous capitol of Rymania, is now in tatters, everyone has opted that Myllic shall take on the new role temporarily. But now thinking about it, you don’t seem—”

“Capable?” I raised my eyebrows at him and the other kings. Only a few other queens had showed up, but been as Myllic didn’t have a king I had to roll up. I looked pretty pathetic compared to them in all their bling and their wings. I hadn’t even got my wings out.

“No it’s just—”

“I’m sick of this.” I snapped, rising from my chair. Half of the other rulers did too, in protest.

“Where the hell do you think you’re going?” Snapped one of the kings who happened to completely hate me. I scowled at him and got my wings out, lighting up the room.

“I’m going home. I’m sick of all you and your disbelief and underestimation.”

“Vi, please stay.” Leo ushered to me from the table, he was still sat and leaning casually back in his chair.

“No.” I said stubbornly before tucking my chair in. I guess no matter how hard I tried, I would never really be a queen. I’d always be half human, wings or no wings.

“Mrs Lyprith, you cannot just leave!” Shouted another of the kings. I ignored hima dn marched out of the hall, leaving behind their stupid, fairy, gawking faces. I was irritated, ok?

I was mad. I was finally angry at these fools who never seemed to believe in me. Not even my own kingdom did, after I’d fort for my life. But then again, I did die.

“Vi, please.” Leo followed me. I ignored him as I had done the others. He was as much a royal then the rest of them. “I know it’s hard but please just—”

“No, you don’t. How would you know how hard it is?!” I snapped at him, directing my anger at the wrong person. He stepped back a little, sighing.

“I don’t.” He admitted as the other royals from the kingdoms flooded out of the door to watch this scene. I scowled at their nosy wings, but they just watched on, amused.

“So can I leave now?” I asked, stepping away politely as I could before turning away without waiting for a reply. He let out a grunt and then jumped in front of me.

“No, Mrs Lyprith, you can’t.” He said, trying to hide a smile from his lips. I couldn’t help but laugh at my name too. I wasn’t Mrs Lyprith. I was just Vi.

“Why not Mr Aryn?” I held a snicker back, referring to his last name. He looked down and shuffled on his feet, laughing.

“Because you are the queen of Myllic. You are more important than anyone else here and even if the others won’t admit it, I will. We need you.” He smiled lightly and I frowned in thought.

I peeped at the on-watching rulers, wondering how on earth I could be more important than the guy with amazingly large wings, or the queen that wore a complete diamond dress.

“So come on,” He smiled, grabbing my hand and literally dragging me back. Just as everyone was filing quickly back into the room in the hopes they hadn’t been spotted, we all stopped dead.

“MOM! DAD!” Screamed a strained voice. I spun on my heel immidatly reacting like any mother would.

“Ebony!” I called back before I realised what was happening. In front of me stood a grey-haired, worn out, yet still more powerful than any of us, Thif.

I shivered.  Leo was speechless as his dad stood strong and mighty opposite us. I nearly fainted when I realised he had Ebony in his hands. The same hands that sucked the life from me. The fear of him doing the same to her filled me as I whimpered, fading back into the weak little human I had been in the arena.

“Remember me?” Thif laughed as the rulers cowered into the wall, not wanting to get hurt but not wanting to miss any action.

“No, care to remind me of your name?” Leo said, braver than me. He walked up to his dad with pride, carefully edging towards our daughter. I covered my mouth in fear that I could lose the two most important people in split seconds.

“Oh come on, son, don’t tell me you’ve forgotten your dear old pa’.” He laughed, tightening his hands around Ebony’s neck. She stayed completely quiet, taking in the situation while I let out a whimper. Thif turned to me at that. “Oh, Vi! Nice to see you again!” He smiled mockingly in my direction.

Thif let go of Ebony with one hand, only to fling Leo back against the wall of other rulers. I stood shivering, feeling naked without his protection. “Vi!” He called, even though it was him that had got hurt. I hugged myself, trying not to think of the very moment he had stolen my life, but I found it un-controllable as the memories flooded my brain.

“Mom, who’s this?” Ebony said, her voice shaking, looking slightly at the man with her life in his hands. I gulped, regretting hiding everything from her now.

“You haven’t told her? Oh, Vi, you really are like Eliyn.” He shook his head and chuckled to himself.

I stepped forwards at the mention of her name, tightening my hands into fists and flinging my wings outwards to show I would not let my daughter down.

“Thif, you have been banned from this world. What more do I have to do for you to get the message?” I said, rather sternly. 

He looked rather blank then, not able to come up with a reply for a few seconds. “I just want revenge, nothing else.” He said.

“I’ll think you’ll find it’s me that wants the revenge.” I snapped, raising my arms and carefully untangling my daughter from his hands. He wasn’t quick enough to get her back. I put her behind me with her father.

I stood forwards then, challenging Thif, despite the fact I was in a dress. He stepped forwards too, raising his hands.

But wait, hadn’t his powers been stripped?

While I was thinking of this, I was pushed backwards by his fire. I blocked it with my sheet of air, pushing back the attack. With that I opened my hand and in in appeared the same sword I’d received in the arena. I looked upwards to a shimmering spirit. I smiled at Eliyn before walked slowly to Thif.

I kept him motionless with one hand, surrounding him with a net-like sheet of air. He tried to struggle, only making me tighten the hold. He had his powers, but he’d lost his ability to use them like he had before.

I raised the sword, knowing I’d regret this, but knowing I had to do it.

“It’s over, Thif. You lost a long, long time ago. Let it go.” I said before dropping the sword into his chest and letting him fall like a dead leaf, rigidly to the ground. I stepped back, looking at his dead body like I was sure he had looked at mine.

There was a scream from Ebony as she realised her mother had just killed a man. But then a roar of cheers from the other kings. I turned around and looked at them as the shimmering spirit above me fluttered.

From the sparkles appeared Eliyn, and Phillip, in each-others hold. Then from behind them grew my grandparents, just as glorious as my mother. Then Leo’s parents and Miranda’s parents. Behind them was an army of the dead, all casualties from the war.

My breath was stolen.

“Vi Lyprith has done for you, everything. What have you done for her?” Shouted the army, crying with the pain of their injuries. I was shocked, but not enough to turn around at them. Well, this was a change of events.

The rulers looked at the transparent figures with confusion.

“Please, treat my daughter like any other queen, or you will have a little surprise the next time you wake up.” Ushered my mom. With that they all slipped away so suddenly and I shook my head, to make sure it wasn’t a dream.

With that it was like a sudden burst of joy, my daughter was holding me so tightly I didn’t have room to breathe, my husband was literally kissing my feet and the other kingdoms were falling before me.

Well, that changed quickly.

And I guess with everything here, it would change again soon. Because like Eelii’s personalities, nothing ever stayed permanently.

 Not even me.

THE END.

(A/N: This chapter isn't what i wanted it to be, but I promsied I'd update. And hey, there's nto a real happy ending until the bad guy dies, right?! Thank you to everybody who attempted to read Broken Wings, and thanks to the people who supported me. I'm thinking about doing a story from the point of view of Aily, but that's not even an idea yet, just a little spark of not wanting to let Vi go. But I guess I have to. So, GOODBYE VI!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72 0 22
Alex's life is great she's taken, her best friend, Kate is taken by her guy best friend, TJ, but one day she has the same feeling she only feels when...
81.5K 2.4K 23
Not your typical rejection story. You know the stories of the broken abused girl, who gets rejected by her mate only to run away become badass and th...
11.5K 1K 54
Complete✓ Life is not always unicorns and rainbows... Evernly knows that very well just as much as Harry Styles knows it. Evernly never thought falli...
5.2K 173 31
Two girls, two sports, two different worlds, all eyes on them at all times. So what happens when these worlds unexpectedly come crashing together? Wi...