Living next door to an idiot

By beau_angel

(Book One of 'An Idiot' series) Meet Haley Valdez. The Good Girl. She's a straight A honours student with a s... More

1. I live next to you?
2. Would they fall for it?
3. Self control is important
4. Comfort is nice
5. Spending too much time with an idiot
6. This Is Not What It Looks Like
8. In other words that was fantastic
9. Ending a good day with tears.
10. This cannot be happening
11. Today was a productive day . . .
12. Holy crap ...
13. Should I be scared or happy?
14. A party I will never forget
15. A game with a twist
16. What the heck is going on?
17. Too much for one day
18. Best day of my life...
19. Tables turn.
20. Hell would break loose tomorrow
21. Bad Luck Prone...
22. Teddy bear
23. Second disaster date
24. I'm looking forward to it.
25. Knock, Knock
26. Hidden from me.
27. Man behind
28. Hallucinations
29. Our little secret
30. Best behaviour
31. You guessed it
32. They're coming for us
Next chapter is out

7. He's my what now?

11.8K 345 105
By beau_angel

"Blake . . ." I mouthed and did my best to make it look like Dante was trying to murder me and nothing else that it may have looked like.

"You two have a thing going on or . . . ?" Blake asked confused but looked hurt as if he actually had genuine feelings towards me.

"NO!" Dante and I both yelled in unison jumping as far away from each other as possible and both of us mentally puking my brains out.

"I hate him!" I snapped pointing my finger at him and mentally spitting at him.

"I hate her!" He snapped back as if he was mentally torturing me.

"Well at least I'm not a conceited jerk like you!" I retorted before turning my face so I would not have to look at him.

"At least I don't fling around with various people at the same time!" He spat back trying to make me sound like a slut- I was not Brittany- and he had officially just crossed the line.

"HAVE YOU SEEN YOURSELF?" I roared. "Oh hi babe . . . looking sexy . . . hey whatsitsname . . . will you come in my bed tonight?" I imitated Dante letting all of anger to release itself.

"Well you're like . . . I'm a hot nerd . . . hey blakey wakey . . . Be my partner . . . I'm going to blush now and sit on your lap!" He mocked me his anger surfacing as well.

Blake stood there blushing a tomato red obviously realizing it was the scene in the classroom that had happened today. He also did not know what to do because he was very silent.

"Ok then, guys lets just stop before this shit gets real-" He was about to finish off his first sentence in our argument when I decided to cut him off.

"At least I don't fuc . . ." I was about to scream but Blake interrupted me this time.

"Guys . . . calm down." Blake commanded shocked at our little outburst thinking that this would have never happened- too bad he did not know this happened all the time just not to this extremity.

"IT WASN'T ME!" We both said in unison before glaring at each and sending daggers at each other with our eyes.

"Stop copying me!" Both Dante and I shouted at each other getting ready to murder each other.

"JASE!" Blake shouted at the top of his lungs realizing that he needed someone else here as well to help him out before someone truly did die tonight. "COME HE-"

"ALREADY ON MY WAY!" Jase yelled back obviously hearing Dante's and my little dispute.

The three of us could hear rapid thumping up the stairs and someone running as fast as they could. As Jase entered the doorway his hair had flopped to the side and looked messy but still kind of cute ... too bad his brother was not like him.

"AND NOW YOU'RE CHECKING OUT MY BROTHER!" Dante snapped punching the wall.

"I AM NOT!" I snapped back shocked that he would think so ... I mean that's not checking someone right?

"I really don't mind being checked out by a cutie . . ."Jase smirked and winked at me but obviously I was too pissed off to notice so I ignored him and gave my attention towards an idiot who I was too angry at and Dante had decided to interrupt once again.

"You think you have everyone spinning around your finger!" He growled. "Everyone under your control, ready to screw!"

"Do not! You do!" I spat at him enraged he would even think of such a thing.

"Oh yeah. That's because they're my friends!"

"They're my friends too!"

"Sure they are." He scoffed.

"You're the one that fuc. . ."

"That's enough!" Both Jase and Blake exclaimed together. "Cut the crap now!"

"He started it!" I moaned like a little child. "I didn't do anything."

"No, that's bullshit! She did!" Dante complained gasping and having a small tantrum.

"Both of you, as much as we would love to hear your bickering, we have better things to do." Jase sarcastically replied.

"Haley, be the better person and ignore him. Dante is like a baby, if you keep giving him attention he'll get worse." Blake explained.

"WHY ARE YOU BOTH GANGING UP ON ME?" Dante yelled. "Did Haley like give you both a little strip tease and fuc. . ."

But before he could finish I slapped Dante hard across his face and before I could do anything else Jase clasped his hand over Dante's mouth and put him in a headlock while Blake held me back and as far away from him as possible.

"Just because you're licking my hand doesn't mean I'll let go." Jase retorted.

"Mhh mhhmm uh mm hmm." Dante mumbled under Jase's hand. "Mhh hmm hm mm."

Jase continued to have Dante in a headlock and they both went downstairs leaving me alone with Blake in the toilet and when they were completely out of sight Blake finally let go of me. We stood there in awkward silence until I bothered to break it.

"About that . . ." We both said at the same time.

"You first." We both chuckled realising we both at the same time . . . again.

"No seriously, ladies first." He bowed acting all posh, polite and pleased.

Wow, Blake was such a gentleman. A cute gentleman that is. How did he end up with Dante as his best friend? From being in the mood to murder someone I was now in the mood to go run through a flower field and admire a flower- something I would never ever do.

"I wonder about that sometimes too." Blake smirked (obviously I had said my thoughts out loud). Damn it!

"Urm . . . sorry about that . . . urm . . . and sorry about the . . . scene." I apologised.

"It's ok, Hal." He smiled showing off his dimple. "I mean, why did he come here in the first place? And what started this whole argument?"

"Well. . ." I blushed.

"Go on. I won't laugh, mock or do anything that will harm your feelings in any way." Blake smiled holding his hand over his heart.

"Thanks." I cleared my throat. "He came in here looking all pissed off and really mad . . . He cornered me to the wall . . . Told me to stop flirting and hitting on you . . . That I was a waste in your life . . . And I shouldn't be hovering around in your life."

"Right." Blake gulped and looked down.

"Is Dante gay?" I accidentally blurted, mentally slapping myself.

"Haha." Blake burst into laughter. "No, Dante is definitely not gay."

"Then what was with all the FBI torments and questioning?" I asked puzzled.

"You see. . ." Blake took a deep breathe ". . . a couple of years ago I liked this girl and she liked me. Of course when I thought we were getting serious turns out she was cheating on me with . . . Urm never mind . . . So Dante is just having my back I guess.'

"I'm so sorry."

"It's ok, you never knew." Blake shrugged. "I guess Dante sees you as another girl trying to break my heart."

"Wow, you must be close." I mumbled.

"Yeah. Well, Dante and I have known each other since we were born and we met Chris in elementary. Since then we've been-"

"The three musketeers." I smiled, everyone knew those three were unbreakable.

"If you don't mind me asking, who was that bitch?" I could feel anger running through my veins, just the thought of someone's breaking Blake's heart got me pissed off.

"You look angrier than Dante and Chris when they found out." He chuckled caressing my tense face. He placed his hand in mine and I instantly eased up. And guess what? I held his hand back!

"And urm . . .it was Robbie." He sighed.

"Robbie who?" I asked. I mean it couldn't have been Juli's Robbie because he was a sweetheart to her and ...

"Robbie Crawford."

"What?" I almost screamed, my mouth hanging in shock.

"Yeah. He claimed to have not known that she and I were dating."

"But he's seems like a nice guy."

"He's a good actor."

"I doubt it. I bet it was in the hands of that bloody bitch!"

"At the time, I never knew Laura was the school 'slut' that everyone hated." He looked down obviously feeling used and hurt.

"Lets check what the others are up to before Chris and Dante begin to harass Juli again." I informed him changing the topic.

"Yes, lets." He agreed.

As we walked back downstairs I realised we were still holding hands together. Juli was bound to say something she shouldn't, Jase would pat Blake on the back and Dante would ... Dante would be Dante I guess.

"Don't sweat it." He commented realising I was looking at our linked hands. "I'll punch them square in their jaw if they say anything."

"Thanks." I blushed.

As we entered the other smaller living room, we saw everyone sitting down quietly. They were all peacefully watching fast 6 on the telly, no one saying a word. If I may add, the fast furious franchise is ONE OF THE BEST SERIES OF MOVIES! Ever! It has all the world's most beautiful cars, with cute actors. Simply amazing.

"Are you guys on drugs?" I blurted out slowly getting freaked out due to how long the silence was going to last. I grabbed the TV remote and paused the movie.

Suddenly everyone burst into laughter. Juli was sitting next to Chris and Jase as they sat on a three seater chair. The three of them howling. Jase's face had gone red and Juli wasn't breathing normally and I could tell it was her laughter fit. God save me.

"Shut up, guys." Dante growled sounding annoyed and rather ticked off.

"Woah. Someone's on their man period." Chris chuckled.

"Say that again. I dare you!" Dante gritted his teeth an instantly everyone shut up and the room went quiet. Juli clasped her hand over mouth and Jase put his hands behind his head. Meanwhile, Chris sat there shocked with his best mate's reaction.

Heck even Blake and I were shocked. I had known Dante and Chris since kindergarten (Blake went to a different school then) I had never seen him like this before. Was this because of earlier?

"Guys, move your butts on to a coach so we can continue the movie." Jase smirked obviously impressed that his brother could 'act' tough.

Blake went over and sat next to Jase and as I turned my head I saw the only available seat was next to Dante. I did my best puppy dog eyes towards Jase and Blake to try and scoot up but they just mouthed sorry.

"Save me." I whispered and slowly took small strides towards Dante. I sat at the end of the sofa as far as possible the sofa could separate us.

"I don't bite." Dante muttered obviously thinking no one heard him.

"You look like you will." I mumbled and obviously he heard my small comment too.

"You guys going to keep whispering secrets and flirt all day or can we watch the movie?" Chris groaned.

"Well, then play it." I snapped getting fed up of the petty comments.

"You have the remote." Blake smiled trying to save me from embarrassment. "I think you're not in a good mood."

I was about to say no shit Sherlock but realised that was way too rude and only suitable to say to Dante.

"Thanks, but I'm ok." I sent him a nod and grabbed the remote from Dante's side of the sofa. As I did I realised the position and move I just did was very uncomfortable and awkward. Even though I was covered, I had just brushed my chest past his face and leaned over him my hand placed on his thigh so I could grab the remote. I could feel my face turning a deep red and my hands shake as I quickly sat back in my seat and played the movie.

"Nice one." Jase winked and grinned thinking I did it on purpose.

"Fuck off!" Dante cursed.

"That wasn't funny." I whimpered pouting.

10 minutes into being there and watching fast 6, my phone went off. I quickly grabbed my phone out my back pocket and read the caller ID: Mom x .

"Sorry guys." I apologised and got up.

"Where you going?" Juli asked averting her gaze from the TV to mine.

"Mom's calling." I mouthed and quickly yet quietly exited the living room.

"Hi, mom." I greeted her warmly.

"Hi sweety. Something's come up and I need you here." My mom said. There was shock, yet also fear in her voice.

"Mom, you ok?" I asked beginning to get worried.

"Yes, darling. Just come to Baci Ristorante restaurant ASAP. Thanks honey."

"Mom, how big of a deal is this?"

"Honey, you've always wanted to know one answer to one specific question. Today it will be answered."

That was when it hit me like a bag of bricks.

"Is this about dad-"

"Yes. Just hurry. Bye honey."

"Mom."

I could feel my heart beating a mile a minute and it jumping up and down my throat. I felt hot and as if the room was closing in on me and spinning . . .

"What was that about?" A new voice asked making me jump on the spot and drop my phone (but also thankfully snapping me out of my trance).

"Holy crap. You scared me." I gasped for air holding my heart.

"Sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to get all . . . you know." Dante said looking down. "I don't know what came over me."

"It's ok." I forgave him. I mean I know I shouldn't have but I felt like it was the right thing to do. I bent down and picked up my phone.

"Nice view." Dante flirted.

"Too bad, yours isn't." I mocked him. There was a long pause before one of us spoke.

"Hey, I couldn't help but overhear that your mum needed you somewhere and I realised your car keys are damaged from the rain."

"What are you trying to say?" I questioned him.

"Want a ride?" He offered.

"Sure, that place is a good fifteen minutes away by car so imagine me walking there." I explained.

"While you're at it could you drop me off too." A new voice pitched in and Dante's and my head snapped to the direction of the voice.

"Dude, I can't drop you both off at the same time." Dante complained.

"Actually my dad asked to meet me at Baci Ristorante restaurant too." Chris nodded.

"Oh, well in that case, sure." Dante smirked and patted his mate on the back. "Sorry about earlier."

"Don't fret it. You were PMSing." Chris joked and I giggled. "It's natural."

"Nice." I high fived Chris and then went to the hallway before I put on my shoes; as did Dante and Chris.

"Dude, you aren't funny." I heard Dante sigh.

"That's why Haley was laughing and you were smiling." Chris stated.

"WHERE ARE YOU GUYS GOING?" Jase and Juli shouted.

"OUR PARENTS NEED US!" Chris and I yelled back.

"HAVE FUN!" Blake and Juli shouted.

"DON'T RAPE JULIET." Dante laughed.

"MAYBE LATER. AFTER THE MOVIE!" Jase yelled back. My mouth dropped in disgust.

"Ewh!"

"Typical." Dante and Chris chuckled alongside each other before going outside to the car.

"Bye Hal." Blake spoke loudly from the living room.

"Bye." I mumbled.

As I stepped outside, a gush of cold air pushed me backwards and nearly swept me off my feet. The rain had stopped but it was definitely breezy.

"Hurry up. Don't have all day chika." Dante shouted from inside his car.

"Coming." I groaned and ran to his car.

******************************

"Finally." I grabbed the door handle and burst outside throwing myself on the floor. "FREEDOM!"

An old lady walked my giving me dirty looks and muttered under her breathe, "Drugs and teenagers nowadays!"

"HAHAHAAH!" Chris burst into laughter while Dante simply nodded agreeing with the old hag!

"You guys had a burping contest and wouldn't let me put the windows down. I suffocated!" I moaned.

"Sure, sure."

Suddenly my phone vibrated in my pocket and I took it out, fully aware it was my mom.

"Hi, mom." I greeted her.

"Where are you?" She skipped saying hello and asked the 'important' question.

"Outside." I replied.

"Hurry." With that she hung up and I turned around to thank Dante for the ride but realised Chris wasn't here anymore.

"Hey, Dante. Thanks for the-"

"Save it. Your mum has to go to a meeting dinner thing with my dad around nine o'clock and its eight right now. So by the time you get this over and done with you'll need a ride back, and so will Chris." Dante interrupted me rudely.

"Urm . . .thanks."

"No problem." Dante smirked and put his arm around my shoulder.

"Get it off me n-"

"Hey guys, sorry about that." Chris said appearing out of nowhere. "Let's go in."

"Dante, get your hand off-"

"Hurry, tesoro. Don't want to be late." He exclaimed showing off his signature smirk which also showed his cute dimple.

Cute?! WOAH! Haley cut yourself out this nightmare . . .

"Stop day dreaming about me, I know-"

"Shut up!"

With that the three of us went inside and searched the tables for my mom and Chris' dad only to see that they were both sitting on the same table, on the same side, talking to each other.

The three of us approached them and Dante quickly removed his hand realising now was not the time.

"Mom. What's going on?" I asked.

"Take a seat honey." My mom replied.

"You too Chris." The tall male next to my mom said. He had the same orangey hazel eyes I had with a normal brunette coloured hair that had slight auburn streaks in and tanned skin. He had broad shoulders and looked good for a dad.

I quietly laughed in my head thinking that I kind of looked like him, I mean we both had the same eyes and nose. Then there was Chris and my mom who both had the same eyes and skin.

"Hello, Mr O'Connor and Ms Valdez." Dante greeted them.

"Ah, hello." The two parents greeted him back in unison. Of course he knew both parents.

"I'll be over there." Dante pointed to the reception where of course there happened to be a slutty receptionist for him to flirt with. With that he left.

The receptionist had long fiery red hair, pouty lips, long legs, pale flawless skin and a huge cleavage that could pop out any second followed by a huge butt. She had dark blue eyes and long eyelashes. In other words- a slut. Her clothes were obviously too small for her yet she seemed to like it.

"You two may be wondering, what the hell is going on? Why are we here?" Chris' dad informed us. "Well, we know you both wonder what happened to your other parent . . ."

"And after a long time . . ." My mom looked at Chris' dad . . ."we saw each other again."

"What are you trying to say?" Both Chris and I asked beginning to get freaked out.

"Well, Haley . . . Chris. We know each other." Both the adults exclaimed.

"We're your mum and dad." My mom explained.

"Yeah we know you're my mom and he's Chris' dad." I stated, beginning to get bewildered.

"No, we're BOTH your parents." They retorted.

Both Chris and I began to cough and choke on our own spit.

"You're brother and sister." My mom told us as if it was normal everyday news. My eyeballs popped out their sockets and my heart and my whole body froze and was unmovable like a statue. By the amount of no moving from my side I could tell Chris was having the same reaction as me.

That is until I finally cleared my throat and spat out, "HE'S MY WHAT NOW?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

518K 16.7K 54
Fire and Water. That's what they were. Together they were just whispers of what could have happened and what could have been. Running from a tragic p...
91.2K 4.2K 33
โHer secret will destroy them allโž โ€ขโ€ขโ€ข Celeste Allen has secrets that are continuously threatened, all the while attempting to be another average Ame...
1M 26.5K 91
#17 in teen fiction (28/12/18) #7 in girls (02/01/19) #14 in teen fiction (15/04/19) #3 in boys (10/11/19) PUBLISHEDโœ…: 15/06/17 COMPLETED FULLYโœ…: 06...
24.1K 400 46
One word. Chaos. That's all Nico Valore had brought to my life since the moment I met him. Despite all the pain and heartache, if you asked me to do...