Innocence

By AttGrace

A story of two inseparable best friends. One is in jail for a crime he didn't commit while the other is out t... More

Prologue
Day 31
Day 40
Day 45
Day 46 - Trial
Truth
Hyung
Innocence Series 2 (Teaser)
A/N: Should I?

Goodbye

2K 149 97
By AttGrace

Breaking news!

The criminal has finally been caught. The police managed to track down his whereabouts after all the enduring efforts they put in. It's also thanks to a very useful information from detective Kim. Thank you detective for easing us with this investigation.

The culprit is none other than Kim Namjoon, age 22. He is behind bars and in no way of harming anyone so to the viewers of the public, do feel relieved because we hereby announced that this case is officially closed.

This is Meredith, signing out.

"Did you hear that, kookie? They finally caught him" Taehyung mentioned to his other half but there was no response from him. He repeated the line "They finally caught him, babe" still, there was no response.

Taehyung started to sob as his muffled words came out. "Come on, please wake up already. Don't leave me"

For the past week, Jungkook has been in a deep coma. He was shot at the back of his neck which highly affected his nervous system leading to a brainstem injury, resulting into a coma due to the effects along with severe blood loss.

Without fail, Taehyung would visit him after work. He would skip meals, some nights he would stay up just so he could be the first to witness once Jungkook wakes up. Taehyung has lost a lot of weight. His best friend, Jimin, would visit him daily to check up on him. He would advice Taehyung to at least eat one day a meal yet he was stubborn.

He told himself he wouldn't eat anything proper till Jungkook wakes up. All he has been stuffing himself with is.. Well nothing much. Besides water and 2 slices of bread each day. Jimin deeply sighed looking at his best friend's current condition. Even though Jungkook is the one in a coma, it looks as though Taehyung is the one dying. Yes he is that bony than he has ever been.

"Taehyung" he felt a tap on his shoulder. He immediately got up and bow seeing that it was Mr and Mrs Jeon in sight. "You better go get yourself something to eat" said Mr Jeon in a gruff voice.

"It's okay, Mr Jeon. I want to stay here"

"No it's not okay. We understand how much you want to be by his side but you got to keep yourself together, young man"

Taehyung sighed. Mr Jeon was right. Taehyung has been in such a hot mess. He's ungroomed, skinny and he doesn't care how ragged his clothes is. He simply wants to be beside his other half because he can't help but blame himself for everything that's happened.

If only he would have stayed home and let Jungkook meet Namjoon by his own that night, none of this would have happened. No harm done to Jungkook. They will probably be watching a movie at home at this time of day, sharing popcorn and teasing each other during the dull parts.

Mrs Jeon stepped forward and said pleasantly, "Taehyung, listen to us alright? We will look after him for now. If anything props up, we will give you a call"

Hearing her gentle motherly voice, Taehyung felt calmer and agreed to do what they requested. He called Jimin up to meet up for lunch. In one way or another, he couldn't feel happier to have a best friend that understands him no matter how much of a hardhead he can be.

They met up at their usual diner to have pizza. "Hey dudeeee, I'm so glad you're finally eating something!"

"Haven't I been doing so?"

"Dude" he squinted his eyes at him "You mean two slices of bread and one bottle of water is proper food for the entire day?"

"Fine. I'm sorry but thanks Jiminie for always tolerating your alien best friend"

"Hey! No prob! Now eat up!"

They happily munch on their pizzas. Taehyung letting go of his worries for once yet again he starts to ponder.

"Jimin, what if he doesn't remember me?"

"I'm sure he will, Tae. He loves you so much"

"I know but" he let out a sigh. "But just what if-"

"Shut up before I punch your face"

"Jimin..."

"Taehyung" he intensely lock eyes with his best friend. "I know you're worried man. I've notice that for the whole week. I've noticed how you were constantly telling him stories about the two of you. How after every story, you'll cry till your tears dry up. You cried so much till the point your tears are your lullaby to sleep"

"Please don't continue"

Jimin retorted. "No I will and you better listen good"

Taehyung couldn't retaliate. Instead, he's trying his best to contain his tears. Jimin took a deep breath before giving his best friend a pep talk the nicest way possible.

"Look Tae, I know you're afraid that he'll forget you. He's been unconscious for a week now and god knows when he'll wake up but judging from what I've seen, your efforts won't go to waste. Jungkook loves you. So much. Im sure all the stories you told him, despite his unconscious state, he does hear cause his heart still beats for you. Longs for you. Right now my dear bestie, look at him as if he's in a deep dream. The stories you've been conveying is what he has been dreaming. You're the character he's been longing to meet in reality. And when" Jimin took a sip of his tea.

"He open his eyes. He finally gets to meet you. The character he has been longing to see. It'll be a dream come true for him. So that's why, don't worry. He will remember you and you have to believe in that" Jimin hand his best friend a tissue to wipe off his tears.

"Thanks man. I will continue to have hope" they got up and bro hug each other. At the same moment, Taehyung phone rang which he immediately answered.

Taehyung come to the hospital right now!

What happened, Mrs Jeon?

Jungkook Jungkook!

Omo I'll be on my way!

-Call Ended-

"Let me come with you man" Taehyung nodded and they quickly rushed to the hospital.

"Ah so glad you're here" Mrs Jeon pulled Taehyung along the hallway while she requested that Jimin stayed outside for awhile.

"Everything okay, Mrs Jeon?"

She didn't say anything but dragged Taehyung into the room. Taehyung jaw dropped even before he entered. There he is, the love of his life finally awaken.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung said in a faint tone as he took baby steps into the room.

"Erm yes?" Was all that he answered. He didn't look thrilled nor amazed to see Taehyung.

"Do you... Do you uh.. Remember me?"

There was an awkward silence.

"Mum, dad. Do you mind to leave us alone?"

Mr and Mrs Jeon gladly nodded, leaving the two alone. Taehyung pop the question once more.

"So? Do you remember?"

Once again, silence filled the air. Only Jungkook staring blankly at the handsome boy who stood in his sight with disappointment painted on his face. Seeing that this is pointless, Taehyung heavily sighed and turned around to leave the room.

But just a couple of steps forward, Jungkook said a line which Taehyung used to tease him with. Upon hearing that, Taehyung turned to see Jungkook smirking at him. He reversed back to give a warm tight hug to the love of his life, top of with a delightful kiss on the lips. Both of them smiled brightly with tears of joy rolling down their cheeks.

Oh what was the line he said?

Catch me if you can, Officer.

- End -

A/N: Hey guys! So this is the end! Sorry for the slow update but as usual, I hope it was worth it cause I love you guys so much for the support that I never fail to put in so much effort on my stories.

This is my 5th book completed and I'm so happy! Hope you guys would look forward to my other books, feel free to check em out.

Do you still want more of Officer Jeon and Detective Kim? Do let me know! And I'll consider (: they most probably will solve a different case on the next series. But you have to tell me if you want more! Thank you^^

Stay Golden❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 5.3K 19
PART ONE: They've been text messaging for some time and feelings may have developed but what if they are lies involved, would it end or would fate be...
130K 7.5K 53
Min Yoongi the infamous mafia boss, ruthless, with a life-threatening secret. Jimin, the undercover cop, who doesn't know how similar their fates are...
12K 355 29
Jimin, Jeongukk, and Taehyung grew up together and dated since freshman year and have been the IT couple for multiple years until a beyond messy brea...
111K 2.6K 25
He's in debt with the mafia. It's a choice between his life and his best friend's life. He should chose his best friend......right? In debt with the...