Changed [Watty Awards 2013]

By PerfectDisaster21

"Broken" and "torn" are the only words to describe Delilah Scott. After enduring a traumatic childhood, Delil... More

Changed (Changed #1)
1. Pet
2. Saved
3. Mate
4. Encounter
5. Acceptance
6. Bruised
7. Letter
9. Panic
10. Relevation
11. Rage
12. Leaving
13. Whiplash
14. Explanations
15. Confusion
16. News
17. Bait
18. Uncle
19. Trust
20. Jealousy
21. Confrontation
22. Mom
23. Wake
24. Silver
25. Baby
26. Attack
27. Beg
Epilogue
SEQUEL!

8. Surprise

512 18 2
By PerfectDisaster21

8. Surprise

DELILAH

I went on the rest of the day after my short evening “nap” and pretended that everything was fine. If they noticed that something was up, they didn’t mention it. And for that I was grateful. I was in no hurry to rush and leave everything behind. Cliffhold. My Pack. Nick. But it had to be done.

Nick and I were the last ones awake. After we watched a movie, we both made our way up the stairs and into our—soon to be only his—room. Nick laid down and shoved the covers down for me. Of course, I curled up to him, taking advantage to be near him one last time and inhaled his rich scent.

I sat there with my eyes closed, feigning exhaustion, until I heard his breathing become slow and steady. I cracked open my left eye and saw his dark features relaxed. I reached out to brush his hair off his forehead but thought better of it and retracted my outstretched hand.

I gently moved out of his grasp as his arms fell off of me and I crawled out of the bed. I breathed a soft sigh of relief that the floor didn’t creak underneath my weight. I looked down at the man that saved me—my Alpha, my mate—as a tear rolled down my cheek. It pained me to leave my Pack and my mate behind, but turning myself in and giving Noah what he wants was crucial.

I turned towards the window beside me and unlocked it. As I opened it, it squeaked. I flinched and looked over at Nick as he stirred but did not wake up. I silently thanked Eric for being a heavy sleeper and giving the gene to his sons.

I opened the window all the way and flung one leg over the sill. Once my whole body was emerged out into the chilly air, I turned around and looked in the window. My heart sank as I glanced at Nick.

I love you. The unspoken words held heavy in my gut and caused a lump to form in my throat. I glanced at Nick one last time and shut the window softly behind me, cutting off the frigid air. I made my way down towards the bottom of the roof toward the forest. I jumped down without second thought and landed softly on my feet. That jump for a werewolf was a piece of cake.

I sprinted into the forest, not bothering to look back at the house and people I’ve learned to love. Tears burned my face as I kept running and running. I didn’t know here I was going, but I was following his scent. The scent was potent and fresh.

I suddenly stopped as a howl cried in the distance. I waited for him with my nails digging into my palms hard enough to draw blood. My patience was growing thinner and thinner with every waking minute.

I couldn’t yell out at him to tell him I was here. I was too close to the house for someone to hear. He would have to follow my scent. And soon enough, there was the big, black wolf that haunted my dreams, turning them into nightmares.

He “smiled” at me and made his way toward a clearing to Change into his human form. He let out no whimpers, moans or groans as he Changed. And I envied him for it.

He tsked as he stepped out of the clearing. “Little Pet,” I flinched. “It has truly been a while hasn’t it?”

I stood my ground. “Hello, Noah.”

He chuckled. “I knew you’d read my letter against the Alpha’s wishes.” He inhaled slowly and his eyes narrowed. “I smell him all over you. Perhaps you were having fun in my absence?”

I growled. “Perhaps, or perhaps not. That leaves everything to the imagination.”

He stepped towards me. “I see that you have gained some status in the greatest Pack in all of North America, Pet, but I can assure you that I will take them down and claim what is rightfully mine.” He spat the word out. “And for that Alpha to claim you, well, that just brings him up higher on my radar. And trust me, my radar is fairly lofty.”

I opened my mouth but I was interrupted by Noah. “I have made many enemies in my thirty years, Pet, and I can assure you that a young Alpha of only twenty-two was not my top priority until he took you.”

“From what I remember, you dropped me off on his doorstep, thinking I was dead. So, really, the only person you should take in as your top priority is yourself, because you brought this upon yourself.”

Before I could realize what had happened, I was on the ground with his hands around my throat, squeezing gently.

I laughed, the sound gargled. “Are you up for round two?” His eyes narrowed. “’Cause that’s what it looks like to me.”

He growled and squeezed tighter as I kept my eyes open. I could not give in to his vice grip.

His next growl died in his throat as his face fell into shock. He soon sobered up as he grabbed my hair and dragged me into the forest. I followed behind him submissively.

As we veered further into the forest, I started to regret my motives. I shouldn’t have left without at least confronting Nick about my idea. And maybe had a shower to get rid of Nick’s scent off my body, but it was too late now. I had made a stupid move.

“And here we are,” Noah spread his arms wide. “My home.”

“So, your house is on our property?”

He turned to face me. “No. His house is on our property. You’re the Luna of my Pack now.”

I laughed. “You’re far from a Pack. You’re a group of rogues, Noah.”

He growled and gripped my hand, dragging me toward the house.

It was simple, but beautiful, I’ll give him that, but it was nothing like Cliffhold. His house was brown stone with windows that covered the entire front length of the home.

He dragged me through the front door, shutting it behind us. He waved me toward the couch and I sat.

“My father and mother will be arriving shortly.” He told me as he made his way into the kitchen.

I took an opportunity to look use around the house. While the outside of the house was beautiful, the inside was a whole different story. The mahogany hard wood floors shined like they were a mirror—you could see your reflection clearly—the white wall far across from me—the only one that was not a window—was accented with a grey fireplace. Diagonal of it was a black leather couch that looked like no one has sat in it yet, and on the other diagonal of it was a leather massage chair—one that I had seen in this week’s furniture catalog. I looked up at the tall ceiling and saw a giant gold chandelier that hung low.

“Beautiful, eh?” I jumped at the voice by my ear. Noah laughed. “And this is just the living room. You should see the kitchen! Too bad we never used it.”

I turned around and looked at him. “I’m here now. What’s your plan with me?”

“You’re going to meet my Pack,” he smiled. “Or ‘Rogues’ as you put it.”

He took my hand and led my towards a staircase that led to the upstairs. He pulled me into a study that was full of werewolves. My nose burned from the powerful scents all twisting together. There were two females and four males. Were all of them werewolves?

“Princess,” the one female said bitterly. “You and Emily are not the only female werewolves anymore.”

My head snapped over to Noah as my eyes narrowed. “What the hell did you do?”

He shrugged. “I found my mate, and Rosalie happened to be my mate.”

“So why’d you Change her?”

Rosalie stood up from her position on the desk. “It looks weak on an Alpha if his mate is human.” Her eyes studied me. “Why do you think he Changed you?”

The woman was gorgeous and the exact opposite of me. While I had blonde hair, she had long black hair that went to her mid-back that made her porcelain skin stand out. My blue eyes were no match for her bright green eyes shone along with her straight white teeth underneath thick, bow shaped lips. I had a thin body with not many curves and she had an hourglass figure—her pencil skirt showed off her hips while her white blouse showed off her chest with the first few buttons undone.

She looked like the classic high school cheerleader.

My eyes snapped up to her’s. “That’s different.”

Her thumb trailed over her bottom lip. “Tell me, little girl, how is it different?” She walked towards me. “You should be happy that Noah bit you. If he had not, you wouldn’t have your mate now, correct? Your mate is that handsome Alpha, Nicholas.”

I raised an eyebrow. “It’s different because he promised me that he’d Change me. He used me and manipulated me by telling me he loved me. It’s different because you’re his mate, and I wasn’t.”

One of the males laughed. “Do I smell some jealousy?”

I snarled at him, but stopped short. He looked familiar. Too familiar. The smile on his face told me that I looked familiar to him too. And that’s when it hit me.

Doug.

A/N: Please, don't shoot me. I'm such a bad person! I haven't updated in so long :( I've benn so busy at school because I took a grade 11 course this year .___. It isn't an excuse, I know. But I wanted to get this out!

Sorry for tha cliffeh! 

Next chapter (Whenever it's out) will be in Nick's POV

Comment/vote/follow? I'd really appreciaite it! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 77 14
Destiny Paige has had a lot happen to her, her whole life has been turned upside down, her heart has been torn out of her chest and stomped into the...
5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
80K 2.4K 62
Although her fathers death hurt her, it was when her mother died that really took a toll on Sierra. The pain she felt was so immense she decides to n...