Miss Clumsy and the CEO (UNDE...

By Vampirefangsrules

Harper Daniels is clumsy. Full stop. A recent graduate, she's starting her career at Brewer Enterprises. Wha... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter 19- On the run
Chapter 20- GAME ON
Chapter 21- The GAME is ON
Chapter 22- It just keeps getting better and better
Chapter 23- Falling harder and harder
Chapter 24- Resisting is harder than it seems
Chapter 25- Weekend with You
Chapter 26- These feelings
Chapter 27- Cold shoulder
Chapter 28- Guilt
Chapter 29- A mistake
Chapter 30- It feels like I can't function
Chapter 31- Time to make a stand
Chapter 32- Green Eyed Monster
Chapter 33-Jealous?
Chapter 34-Count to Ten
Chapter 35- I still care
Chapter 36- Its a risk I must take
Chapter 37- Can't get enough of you
Chapter 38- Right Move
Chapter 39- "What is it you want, Miss Daniels?"
Chapter 40- "Anything for you, Miss Daniels"
Chapter 41- James' Plan
Chapter 42- Fun
Chapter 43- Take my breath away
Chapter 44- Heart Bleeds for you
Chapter 45- "My Boyfriend"
Chapter 46- Worth the Wait
Chapter 47- Unknown Number
Chapter 48
Chapter 49- HeartBroken
Chapter 51- Two hearts; alone once again
Chapter 52- Ethan
Chapter 53
Chapter 54- Eleanor
Chapter 55- Masquerade
Chapter 56 - Truth
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 - True Love Beats All
Chapter 60- No matter the cost
Chapter 61- You bring me Strength
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
END CHAPTER
Author's Note
Epilogue The Wedding
Bonus Chapter/Snippet- Valentine's Day
BOSS UNDERCOVER PUBLISHED!?!?
AUGUST 28th
♦️COVER REVEAL♦️ PREORDER LIVE
BOSS UNDERCOVER IS #LIVE!
BOSS UNDERCOVER PART ONE IS FREE!
Boss Undercover Boxset + Update

Chapter 50- Damage

337K 11K 1.1K
By Vampirefangsrules

Condensation settled on the transparent surface. Tears fell from either side of her cheeks as she pressed her palm against the surface before clenching her hand into a fist as she left James standing in the pouring rain.

Harper sat back in the chair, her fingers knotted together as she refused to wipe any of the tears away. It was not like she had the strength anyway. Nor did she want to. This moment would be the time she would remember to never trust her heart with anyone again.

The taxi dropped her off back to the apartment where Dani stood in the rain open-armed which Harper ran into to only break down even more. Dani said nothing only guided Harper inside then grabbed a towel wrapping it around Harper's shoulders. Harper sniffled gripping on the ends of the towel as she pulled on it to cover her body or over more for how her heart felt like it was being stabbed over and over.

Dani sat down opposite sighing as she wrapped her own towel over her shoulders. "I'm going to kill him. Look what he's done to you." Harper sniffled again shaking her head. "I'll be okay. I am a grown woman. I'll get over it."

"No you won't. I don't care who the hell he is, CEO or sexiest bachelor. He broke my best friend's heart and I won't be having it. Tomorrow I am going to pay him a visit." Dani objected.

"Dani." Harper muttered. "He's not worth it."

Dani reached over to squeeze her hand and added. "Harper, you're trying to be strong. But only I know you are not. Please, I can't stand to see you like this. He can't get away with it."

Harper shook her head, gripping Dani's hand in return. "No, that won't fix anything. This is what you're going to do for me. We're never gonna mention it again. Act as if I never got that stupid job." Then she laughed throwing her hands in the air. "And you know what, I am going out tonight. We are going out."

"What!" Dani blurted. "You're not fit to be going out. Harper you've just come out from a relationship. The guy broke your heart and you even know yourself that you're not thinking straight." Harper shook her head as she looked down then meeting Dani's eyes she said. "No, I won't be moping about and feeling sorry for myself. Dani, please...this is my way of coping with it. I need him out of my head and not have to think about him." She pleaded. Dani sighed in defeat. "Fine. But Harper, seriously I only want what's best for you. And this I feel won't help."

"I have to try." Harper persisted.

~~~

James hadn't achieved anything, he had watched Harper go, walk away from him. And now he was subject to having a cold. James sneezed again catching it within the tissue as Manny stoked the fire within the living room.

"Would that be all, Sir?" She asked. "No soup, coffee?"

James sniffled shaking his head as he pulled the blanket further up to his chest. "No, I should be fine." Manny nodded heading out towards the kitchen but halted and turned on her heel as she added. "Sir, might I ask if everything is okay?" James stopped blowing his nose, his nose turning red as he answered. "Yeah, I'm great Manny. Go home to your kids."

James sneezed again then groaned flopping his head back in frustration.

The following morning, James felt like he couldn't move. He ached all-over. It felt strange to exit the lift and not see Harper sitting there or the times when at his desk, he expected her to just walk right in. James didn't want to give up on her yet. Of course he didn't.

His phone began ringing and it just had to be Jackal Watkins.

"James!" Jackal exclaimed down the line. James resisted the urge to sigh and instead replied with his usual formality. "Mr Watkins, pleasure to hear from you again." Jackal chuckled down the line, "Oh, it is indeed. And I do bring good news surrounding the deal."

"Great." James said, honestly though he couldn't be bothered.

"So of course, I've heard nothing from the press whatsoever so I am happy to go through with this deal." He said.

James said nothing back.

-"James?"

James blinked several times, his eyes had caught the sight of the photo booth snap photos that was in one of his draws. It was the time when James had intentionally temporary dyed his hair and added contacts to change his appearance just for her, in this one he was playfully kissing her cheek. The fragment of this brought him back to Harper.

-"James" Jackal repeated.

James shook his head coming back to reality. "Yeah, sorry." He said, coughing as he shut the draw. Jackal chuckled. "I thought I was boring you, son."

"Of course not. Sorry. Yeah, I have been looking towards this deal." James said.

"Well, I would like to enrol in the deal then. Say this week, I have you sign the contract and I. Is that okay?" Jackal asked.

"Yeah, that's fine. Bye." James said ending the call soon after.

He ensured to phone his own father who was most satisfied with the result of the deal. James wasn't at all enthusiastic like his father was and ended most of the time not listening to a word that was said. James couldn't get Harper off his mind.

"Son?" His father said interrupting his thoughts.

"Yeah, what?"

His father sighed down the line. "What's going on? I can tell you have not taken in a single word I have said."

"Look, can we not? I got the deal, okay?" James grumbled.

"Son, what happened? Hang on, scratch that. The girl. I bet it has something to do with that." His father pointed out.

"Let's not, okay?" James cautioned.

"What did you do this time? Has playing with girls finally caught up with you?" His father asked.

"Just stop! I get it! Okay!" James growled then sighed. "I get it...I messed up." His father didn't respond straight away then answered. "You better work for it then." James sighed down the line muttering bye then ended the call. He threw his phone onto the desk, resting his head onto his hand. Great, just great he thought to himself.

The rest of the day was just as depressing as he expected. No Harper. Always he expected Harper to head in, him to wrap his arms around her, mutter soothing words into her ear and just see that infectious smile he loved that she wore every time he made her laugh.

And now, instead of Harper. A temporary PA was taken in her place something he had objected but couldn't be bothered to spare a word. James had spent most of his day sitting at his desk, his interest in work was limited. Nothing was making him motivated. Everything reminded him of Harper.

Harper. The girl he had lost.

~~~

Harper had did what she said she would do. Just not that night. She was so exhausted that she fell asleep. Dani was glad she did. Harper was in not fit to go out. It hurt to see Harper such broken. Dani was more than ever cautious to not entail to tell her own problem with more of those random messages from her stalker.

Just as Harper had said. Harper stood before the mirror trying to conceal the dark circles beneath her eyes. She unclasped the band from her hair letting her waves hang lose upon her shoulders. The reflection of herself in the mirror became blurry that she didn't even realise she was crying until a tear fell from her cheek. Harper sniffled wiping away the tears before taking a deep breath then she headed back out to Dani. Duke was already out so Harper wouldn't have the problem of him; just Dani and herself.

They headed for the usual club where they took occupancy in one of the booths. The music was blasting loud, a crowd of people were gathered on the dancefloor. She thought she would have been spooked to have return here again from what Duke had did but actually she wasn't. Harper was hoping being out where the party never ends or just the comfort of crowds of people would draw her mind elsewhere instead of focusing on her break-up. Dani returned with two glasses plopping them onto the table.

"Here, the usual." Dani said, offering a smile which Harper knew was sympathetic.

"Dani, I'm fine." Harper reassured her. "Please, let's just have fun like the old times." She reached over squeezing Dani's hand. Dani returned a slight smile before taking a drink from her glass. It was only in time when Dani would liven up, Harper knew she couldn't resist the club and soon she would be up there dancing. It was just Dani wasn't. Harper didn't want her friend to be moping around for her that just was unfair. So getting up she offered her hand.

"What?" Dani asked. Harper rolled her eyes. "I'm offering you to a dance. Come on! Where's my party Dani gone?"

"I swear we're acting as if I am the one that has come out from a relationship." She said with a hint of sarcasm. Then getting up she followed Harper out on the dancefloor in which they managed to squeeze into the centre. Harper wailed throwing her hands in the air as she began moving to the beat of the music. Dani couldn't refuse and soon she was joining in.

For a moment, Harper felt free. Felt free of hurt, heartbreak and betrayal.

And the night only got worse. Harper had succumbed to being out of control and no longer was she her usual self. Her behaviour changed not for the better. Dani watched in fear as Harper took drink after drink and not a light one either. Then she would brave back to the dancefloor, kick off her shoes and fall into the hands of a stranger. No longer was Harper thinking straight. Men had ogled her all throughout the night and when they had their chance which she wouldn't push them off. If it was to grind themselves against her or grab a feel for her bum she said nothing.

Dani couldn't take it no more and pushed through the crowds towards Harper who was swaying on herself in the centre of the floor with her eyes closed, faint words falling from her lips.

"Harper!" Dani shouted over the music as she headed for her. Harper didn't respond only kept moving as if she put under a trance.

Dani was one step away when she saw Harper drop to the floor like a fly.

~~~

Unknown Location

-"So it worked, did it?"

"Yes. It did. Let's just say she left a red mark on that pretty face of his." Katherine said as she wrapped her arms around the torso of the man. "So what are you planning to do now then?"

He laughed, "Oh, don't you worry about that. You've done your part."

Katherine smiled then pressed her lips onto their shoulder. The man only responded to turn to restrain Katherine down onto the bed. Their naked bodies pressed together was enough for them to go again. Katherine purred deep in her throat as she felt him enter her once again.

~~~

-"Harper."

Harper opened her eyes to then blink several times. Dani towered over smiling as she rested the back of her hand on Harper's forehead.

"You okay?" Dani said. Harper looked around her, they were back in the apartment. She couldn't remember a thing whatsoever. It was also a surprise to see Elliot who joined the side of Dani. He smiled softly, his hair still in the nature of bedhead.

"Hey Harps. Took a bit of a fall, didn't you?" He said. Harper grumbled feeling still slightly hazy as she attempted to sit up but failed flopping her head back onto the pillow.

"What happened?" She grumbled. Dani took hold of her hand. "You fainted. Harper you literally fell to the floor. I-I...was so glad that." She stopped for a second to offer a smile at Elliot whom smiled at her before looking down as if it they shared their own secret before she added. "I-I managed to call Elliot to come help me. Oh, Harper what was you doing?"

Harper blinked several times again, her throat feeling awfully dry as she replied. "I...don't know. I'm so sorry." Tears threatened to escape as she brought her hands to her face disgusted by her behaviour. Dani shook her head. "No, No. Don't be. Harper I'm just glad you're okay."

"I am gathering alcohol isn't your friend." Elliot piped in. Dani rolled her eyes as she snorted. "You've got that right. Harper has never been the one to enjoy a few drinks."

Elliot offered a sympathetic smile to Harper. "I'm just glad you're okay." His eyebrows then burrowed and his smile became quizzical. "Where were you at work today? You weren't there at lunch." Dani placed her hand on his shoulder. "I think Harper is tired. I'll guide you out."

Elliot nodded then leant in and placed a kiss on Harper's forehead. "I hope you feel better in the morning." Harper smiled then heard him follow Dani out. Harper let out a release of air as she closed her eyes.

-"I haven't told him." Dani announced as she returned back to the living area. Harper nodded slowly trying to sit up.

"Harper...I was scared." Dani admitted. "You weren't yourself tonight...m-men...they were all-over you and you drank and drank. I should have stopped you. It's...my fault." Dani choked. Harper shook her head reaching her hands out as she took Dani's in her own. "No, it's not. I didn't know what came over me. For a moment I felt..." Then she sighed in defeat. "I was stupid to even suggest such a thing."

Dani took Harper into an embrace. "I hate how he has hurt you." Tears fell from Harper's face sliding slowly down as she said through a muffled tone. "I love him. I love him so much."

James was elsewhere or rather on top of the world. He was sitting on a generator where below the city flourished into the nightlife. James pulled his peacoat further around his shoulders where between his hands he nestled a bottle of liquor. Up here it was windy.

-"You called. I would say this is normal." Talyor snorted. James thrusted the bottle into the air. "Drink up." Taylor wrapped her coat around her body as she snatched the bottle from his hand and took a gulp.

She gasped as she passed the bottle back over to sit aside him. "So, what's the story of your life this time?" James raised his eyebrows but didn't say anything as he took a swig from the bottle.

"I'd rather you just stick as just my drink buddy rather than my therapist." He said passing the bottle over again. Taylor shrugged her shoulders. "Whatever you say."

James sighed running his fingers through his hair. "What you supposed to do when you've really f**ked up."

"Drink." Taylor smirked then took a swig.

"I'll drink to that." Then took the bottle from her hand as he finished the last of it.

Another bottle later, James was lying back on the concrete floor staring up to the sky as he listened onto to Taylor blabber or rather slur. Taylor took the last swig from the bottle before joining him as she sat down on the floor.

"Looks like we've ran out." She said. James said nothing, he only focused on staring at the night sky thinking of what Harper would be doing. Would she be thinking of him? And what concerned him was how was she dealing? He had known he had hurt her with his words.

Taylor whom was sitting up at this time turned onto her side then moved closer to him to lean over him. His eyebrows burrowed and he rather confused on what she was doing.

It only dawned on him when she clashed her lips against his. Her hands becoming needy as she tugged on his shirt. Her lips were rough and not at all like Harper's. It was disgusting.

James instantly pushed her off standing up on his feet as he shouted in disgust. "What the f**k! What's wrong with you?" He wiped his lips with the back of sleeve. Taylor snorted. "I was just trying to add some fun. And besides alcohol never helps. Gosh you're such a bore."

"No." He spat. "I didn't ask for you to come on to me like that. Actually I wanted a friend. Even if we have little in common besides a drink and past fling, I just wanted someone to be with me." Then he began storming towards the exit down the flight of stairs.

Down at reception, James held the door open as Taylor headed out.

"Just go." He grumbled.

Taylor turned on her foot. "It's a shame. You used to be fun. It's just a shame that when in our fling that you didn't actually have feelings for me, whoever that girl is, she's lucky." She said then shrugged her shoulders as she headed towards the approaching taxi to the curb.

James couldn't deal without Harper. And he knew he was always to blame for loosing Harper.

Thanks for reading . I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry for the slow update, I am very busy at the moment so updates will not be as frequent but I am trying and at least I am not updating say for every month so thank you for your patience.

If you enjoyed this chapter please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.

Thank you,

VAMPIREFANGSRULES

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 6.4K 61
------- He loved the girl that can't love him.....And now he can't love the girl that loves him -------- ** "Don't worry.." I say, getting up off the...
3.2M 98.8K 38
Can your life change in just one night? Eleanor Miller's life turned upside down when her path crossed with Asher Edward Wright. One drunken night c...
2.1M 76.3K 62
#1 ambivalent love series Highest rank #23 in romance Meet Britondii Luca - the simple 23 years old woman living with her best friend Lucas,the proud...
22.1K 749 40
[COMPLETED] [EDITED] He smirked and got even closer to my face, "you see, this report is technically under my..." He tilted his head slightly to whi...