Journey of the Heart (Camila...

By BefallenChains

You are Alexandra McKenzie. The sole heir to a multi-billion dollar enterprise. You're the typical privileged... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter 8
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Author's Note *Not an update*
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six:
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Three

2.9K 120 83
By BefallenChains

A/N: One more chapter after this and then the epilogue... If I think I need one. We shall see when I end the series. Voting for an epilogue will be with the next chapter :D

Anyways.

Like always. Vote, comment, follow. Whatever floats your boat. :D

Thank you for being awesome as always :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV:

"McKenzie," I felt myself being nudged back and forth. "McKenzie."

"Not now," I swatted the hand away that continued to push me.

"Not the time to be feisty, love."

"Tyler," I sat up and ignored the rush to my head.

I looked to the man that I once loved. A smile instantly being placed on my face. It was always good to see his face again.

"I've missed you," I hugged him and enjoyed the feeling of his body against mine.

"I've miss you too."

I pulled away but still connected my arms around his neck. A sad pout on my face now.

"Why haven't I seen you or Sofi lately?"

"Because we thought it would be better that. You were embracing this place more than the real one out there. You needed to live in the present than the past. You needed to let go of the memories in here."

"But everything is falling apart on the outside. I broke things off with Harry. The girls hate me now. Hell, I'm sure Camila won't even speak to me after this." I looked away sadly.

Tyler lifted my chin to look him in the eye. A smile still on his face.

"It may seem like everything when you're only looking at the bad parts. But look what else has happened recently. Centers are going to open to help other people who are suffering from the taint of society's expectation. You stood up to your parents. Hell, you might even reconnect with them again. Get the family that we always wanted in our lives. And you found love once again."

He held my cheek in his hand and I leaned more into his touch. Desperately needing his comfort at the moment.

"Everything will come into a full circle soon," Now a sad smile on his face. "I promise."

"What does that mean?" I asked noticing the change in his behavior.

"Fate has it's ways for things to happen." I kissed my cheek one last time. "You'll find out in time."

My phone has been going off like crazy. It was enough to wake me up from the dreamI was glad to be in for once.

Annoyed, I looked at the time and groaned when I realized that it was barely 9 in the morning. It was supposed to be my day off. I was supposed to sleep the day away. I was supposed to have my well needed rest.

Damn you technology.

I reached over and opened up my phone, being momentarily blinded by the bright light of my phone screen. I saw that I had so many notification and voice mails. It soon dawned on me that it was probably because of the little bomb I dropped yesterday during the interview. It must have been uploaded and available for people's viewing pleasure.

Great.

I dragged myself out of bed to get ready for the day and met up with Charlie in the dining area. He seemed like he didn't get any sleep as well.

"Good morning," Charlie smiled. "How are you feeling?" He asked placing a plate of delicious food in front of me.

I immediately dove in and stuffed my face. Two thumbs up were the only sufficient I could give.

"I took the liberty on clearing the rest of the week's schedule," Charlie stated after awhile in comfortable silence. "I think it would be a good idea to stay low for awhile. To wait for the buzz to die down a bit."

"Good idea," I smiled. I stood up after I was finished and kissed him on the cheeks. "What would I do without you?"

He simply chuckled before cleaning up the table.

This waiting game was going to be so boring. I could already tell.

"I'm going to run some errands real fast. Do you want me to bring you anything?"

"Why can't I just come with? I'm bored," I emphasized.

"Like we discussed, the paparazzi are basically camped outside the entrance and the back entrance. You will be hounded almost immediately once they see you. It's better if you just stay in the hotel for awhile."

"Fine," I dragged on. "What do we need anyways? We'll be leaving this city in a day or two."

"Well, we're running out of shampoo and conditioner. You don't like to use the hotel ones because you say it dries out your hair. So we need to restock before moving to a different city. Oh, and you're running low on you tampons. I believe you should start-"

"All right," I rushed out to stop him. "I get it. You don't have to say more. But can you grab me some candy and ice cream. I feel like a sugar binge."

He laughed before kissing me on the forehead.

"I'll be back in a couple of hours. Call me if you need anything else. Your bodyguards will still be in the hotel if you need anything as well. Just call room 435. But call me if anything happens, okay?"

"Okay."

The door closed and I was met with just the noise coming from the television. It was kind of quiet but that was what I needed. I thought.

I switched channels until something caught my attention.

"Alex McKenzie confirming that she's gay? So true, or so false. Here's Terrence Jenkins to tell us."

"Did heiress and super model Alex McKenzie confess to being gay? That is... So true," Terrence revealed to the camera. "In a recent interview posted on a popular Youtube channel, Hollywire TV, Alex does in fact confess to having a romantic feeling for a girl. She even adds that the reason to why Harry and her had not worked is because of this."

"Does she reveal who the lady is?" Another host asked.

"No, she had kept her mouth shut to who this mystery woman is but her fans have taken to the social media and placed their own opinions to who they believe has taken the heiress' heart. A lost are assuming that it could be a certain model named Cara Delevingne. Another assumption is on one of the ladies of Fifth Harmony since Alex has been on the tour with them."

"Wow. Definitely gorgeous ladies. Whoever it is. I am just proud of Alex for coming out in such a way and doesn't care who knows who she loves. I hope all the happiness for the happy couple."

I turned off the TV.

We were no happy couple.

I made sure of that.

I took a break from the lonely room and escaped to the hotel pool. I needed some air and I needed to think in a much calming and peaceful place. Thankfully no one was at the pool at this time and the paparazzi had no clue where I was.

It was peaceful. Just sitting by the pool side. Feet cooling in the water. Watching the ripples I have made with my kicks.

Relaxing.

"Mind if I join you?"

And it was ruined.

"It's a free country," I shrugged and felt the body heat when they sat next to me. I turned and looked at their appearance. "Didn't think you would want to get your suit ruined."

"Eh, wonders of dry cleaning," My mom shrugged back.

"Here to scold me. To tell me that my sexuality and happiness is ruining the company's business," I stared back, not once looking back at my mom.

"Your sexuality is your own, Lex," my mom stated. "And I would never scold you for being yourself and wanting your happiness. Who you love is your own. Whether it be with a man or a woman. Just please, no animals or young children," I fought back a chuckle. "It's true, Lex. Whether you want to hold onto the anger you hold towards me and your father."

"Why?" I muttered.

"Why-"

"Why did you push me away the way you did? Why did you not love me the way that a parent is supposed?" I rushed out, finally turning to look at her eyes.

They were widened but concentrated as she tried to make up an excuse. Make up a stupid reason to why they were cruel and unyielding parents to my love. To their child's love.

"I would want to blame your grandparents for they way we treated you. We thought we were going to break the cycle but we were just as blind as they were. In honesty though, we were idiots. We were stupid people who didn't see that our dedication and ambitions were killing our only child." My mom started. Her hands fidgeting on her lap. "We wanted to make you happy by giving you the things that we didn't have while growing up. We stupidly thought that if we showered you with materialistic things, then you would be happy. But like the saying goes. Money can't buy you happiness."

So true.

"When we thought we were going to lose you, I beat myself up each and every night thinking that you would never know what it was like to have a mother or father. I would have gladly gave you my heart if knowing that you would have lived to learn that we loved you." My mom was now starting to tear. "Please, just believe that. That we love you. Let us show you that we love you."

I thought to myself. Back to when Tyler was in my dream, or memory. Or whatever. The thought of having a family we always wanted. Tyler couldn't have that. He didn't have time to have that. He would definitely kick my ass if I still held a grudge seeing that my mom wanted to start over.

I couldn't let this chance pass up.

"Okay."

"Okay?" My mom was taken aback.

"Okay."

"Okay," My mom smiled. She looked to me with hesitation. As if she wanted to say or do something. "Can I hug you?"

"That's a little too fast," I said moving a little away.

"Oh, all right."

I chuckled to myself before I launched myself into a hug.

"I've waited for this for so long," I muttered into her shoulder as I took in her perfume.

"Me too."

"So what are you and dad doing here?" I asked while we entered the suite with my mom close behind.

"Charlie called us to tell us that the media has been having a field day with your confession, which I saw by the way. Did I tell you that I was proud of you?"

"Mom."

"Right. Well we didn't want you to be alone during this time so we jumped on the jet and came straight here. Your heart-"

"Sofi's."

"Right. Sofi's heart is still weak according to the last check a few weeks ago. We wanted to make sure that if anything goes wrong, then we would be right by your side this time."

I smiled at their concern for me.

"Thank you for your concern. But it's nothing I can't handle. As you can see, I've caved myself in so the media won't get to me."

"How long will that last though? A week or two. Knowing you, you're going to want to work soon, especially now that some of the centers are opening. And knowing those pesky paparazzi, they'll be camped out until you do come out."

"True, but I think I'll be able to handle them," I shrugged.

"Well, until I am sure you and your health can, I have hired enough security detail to match the President's. We even have a decoy to help confuse the paparazzi."

"Thanks," I chuckled.

The door opened and showed Charlie entering with my dad.

"Hi Lexi," My dad greeted awkwardly by the door once he realized I was there.

I smiled and made my way towards him, engulfing him in a hug.

"Hi dad."

"What happened while I was gone?" Charlie asked in shock.

"We had a nice chat by the poolside," My mom smiled at the scene in front of her.

"You went to the pool? I told you to call me if you wanted to leave. Did you get the bodyguards to go down with you?" Charlie exclaimed.

"Chill," I laughed at his over-protectiveness. I released myself from my dad's grasp. "I was just by the pool. INSIDE the hotel. There were no paparazzi in sight."

"Sometimes you give me a heart attack," Charlie sighed earning a laugh from all of us. "It's actually great to see you have made up with each other because I planned to surprise attack you with a family dinner. Come on, let's to cooking."

"Why don't we go out to eat?" My mom asked.

"Charlie likes to make me cook," I replied as we walked into the kitchen to prepare to cook. "He says it's good for the soul."

"And then Alex slipped on her own mess she made because she forgot to place the lid on the blender," Charlie explained through his laughter. "Melinda and the others don't allow Alex in the kitchen without supervision now."

My parents joined in and their laughter resonated through the entire suite. It was kind of weird to see them all laughing with each other. I usually just saw them fake their laughter during events or charities.

It was nice to see. Even though it was at my expense. Rude.

"We get it," I finally interrupted. "I'm not the greatest in the kitchen."

"Well you are better than your dad," Charlie added.

"Hey," Dad whined. "I'm not that bad. Right honey?"

"Of course you're not, honey. You're just cooking impaired," Mom teased. "I always cooked during our early stages of dating. One time when he cooked for us it tasted like dead plants."

"Hey," Dad pouted.

"I love you," Mom kissed his pout away. I kind of cringed at the sight.

Never was going to get used to them being all lovey-dovey with each other.

Thankfully there was a knock at the door to distract me from their kissing fest.

Bleh.

I stood up from my seat happily and made my way to the door in which someone was frantically knocking behind it.

"Hold your horses," I shouted and opened the door in haste and annoyance. "Geez wh-" I stood there frozen when I saw a not so happy Camila standing behind the door. "Camila?"

"Don't Camila me. I saw the interview. I saw what you said."

"And?"

"And I-"

She stopped in mid-sentence and looked behind me. I turned around to see my mom looking towards me with concern. It turned into a surprised one when she looked behind me to see who it was I was talking to.

"Mom?" I then turned to Camila to see the same look on her face. "Camila?"

"You're their daughter?" Was all she whispered more to herself than to me. "You were in an accident."

"Camila?"

"You're their daughter," she repeated to herself. She looked up to me after awhile with tears coming down her eyes. "You're their daughter."

"What-"

"You're the one with Sofi's heart," she spat disgustingly.

"Camila," I reached out for her but she slapped my hand away harshly. Even going to the lengths of moving away from the door more.

"You're the one that stole my sister away from me," She was now shouting. "You're the one that killed her."

I was speechless for I didn't know how to reply to her. I was the one. I was the one that took away Sofi. Even if I didn't cause the accident that placed Sofi in that condition and situation, I was the one that carried the remaining part of Sofi.

"I can't believe you," she sneered. "Was this all a game to you? Was this your way to make my life even more horrible than it already is? Did you want me to fall in love with you just so you can break the remaining warmth in my heart?"

"I didn't-"

I couldn't finish my sentence for a hard slap to my face had shut me up.

"I will NEVER forgive you. Don't ever talk to me again," Camila spat before storming out towards the elevator.

I was left to watch her. I was left with the stinging feeling on my face.

I collapsed onto the ground as I began to break down. My legs could no longer hold me so my mom did instead. She cradled me onto her lap as she tried her best to soothe my sobs away.

It was no use.

My heart was broken.

My parents and Charlie thought it was a good idea for me to get out of the hotel. To get my mind off things and people. So we were now walking down the street after a nice and relaxing dinner.

I was now thanking my parents for their concern since we were not having any trouble with the paparazzi.

Apparently they all think I'm at this bar with the boys, which reminded me to thank them when we got back. Harry and the others have been too kind to willingly hang out with a stranger who resembled me.

"So where to now?" Charlie asked all of us while messing with the baseball cap I was forced to wear. I pushed him off and chuckled.

"Anywhere but there," Mom pointed out.

We looked to see a frenzy of flashes of light and shouts all over the place. So happy I wasn't dealing with them right now.

"You have to go through that every day?" Dad gawked at the scene.

"Most of the days, but you kind of get used to them after awhile," I shrugged.

We continued to walk and enjoyed the beautiful night until we got a little closer and I heard a name that made me stop in my tracks.

"Dinah. Dinah Jane."

You have got to be kidding me.

I looked across the street again and took a better look at who the paparazzi were hounding. And there they stood. The lovely ladies of Fifth Harmony. Ally, Normani and Dinah were all communicating and laughing it up with some fans while Lauren and Camila tried their best to avoid the whole scene.

Gosh, Camila looked so sad. Miserable I would even say.

"Lex, maybe we should get going," Charlie advised but I waved them off and continued to watch.

I continued to watch as the paparazzi pestered Camila about her mood. About rumors that circulated around. About the death of her own sister.

They had no class what so ever.

I continued to watch as Camila pushed her way through the paparazzi. I continued to watch as she made a scramble to get away from them across the street.

I continued to watch until something else caught my attention.

A car zooming past the red light. A car that was headed right towards Camila.

"Alex where are you going?" Mom shouted as I rushed out of the side walk towards where Camila was going. "Alex!"

I ignored their calls. I ignored the other cars that were in the way. I ignored the curious on-lookers who didn't notice what was going to happen. I ignored everything until she was safe.

I pushed her out of the way even before she knew what was happening just in time for me to meet the bright lights.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

500K 16.8K 47
Y/N Y/L/N, she is a nerd and everybody treats her like she's invisible. She hates high school and she kept begging her mom if she could be homeschool...
55.5K 2.3K 53
It was a story of an average girl named Lauren. She graduated from college and started a job that people thought was one of the most boring jobs in t...
274K 8K 34
You avoided the limelight that your brother- Brad Simpson, always get, hence making the people know a little about your family. You spent your life i...
3K 111 18
Sometimes someone hurts you so bad, it stops hurting at all. Until something makes you feel again. And then it all c...