Tightly Knit โŸถ Fred Weasley

By kmbell92

WARNING: UNDER REWRITING AND HEAVY EDITING Read at your own risk! Life started off complicated for young Elea... More

Please Read
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY- SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY- SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO
CHAPTER SEVENTY-THREE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SEVENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-SIX
CHAPTER SEVENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SEVENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SEVENTY-NINE
CHAPTER EIGHTY
CHAPTER EIGHTY-ONE
CHAPTER EIGHTY-TWO
CHAPTER EIGHTY-THREE
CHAPTER EIGHTY-FOUR
CHAPTER EIGHTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

163K 8.1K 5.3K
By kmbell92

As much as it pained Eleanor to admit it, Fred and George were right when they claimed to be good at Potions, in fact, they were excellent. Every night, since their agreement made in the library, Eleanor would meet up with them and work diligently as they helped her remember necessary ingredients and instructions for specific potions. And Eleanor wasn't the only one who benefitted from their help as Harry and Ron joined them a couple of nights in a row as well.

However, after hours of trying to cram as much as she could, Eleanor could feel the exhaustion settling in. She thought about calling it an early night, in hopes of hanging out with Marnie and Cedric in the Common Room, but at the last minute, Harry and Ron came in without Hermione once again.

Fred had explained that Ron and Hermione had been on icy terms since Ron's rat had gone missing, more than likely killed by Hermione's cat, Crookshanks. Eleanor had seen the male kneazle mix around the castle, he was a giant fluffy orange cat, that seemed to explore the grounds on his own time. And while Eleanor could understand why Ron would be upset over the possible death of his pet, ignoring Hermione wasn't going to bring Scabbers back by any means. However, she was not going to get in the middle of the feud, as it was none of her business really.

"Aww, is wittle Ellie getting tired?" Fred teased after Eleanor let out another yawn. He went to pat the top of her head, only to jerk his hand back as she attempted to bite him.

"We've been studying for hours today," she said, placing her chin on the table. "I'm surprised I've lasted this long, but if it means anything to you, I've learned quite a bit. I'm feeling more confident in my Potion-making abilities."

"I'm surprised too," Ron said to her, "I didn't think Fred and George would make decent mentors."

"You and me both."

"Speaking of which," Ron turned to his brothers, "why haven't you two ever offered to help me in any of my classes?"

At the risk of Fred not telling Ron it was because he wasn't a pretty girl that he was interested in, Fred leaned back in his chair and let out a small laugh.

"You never asked us."

Eleanor raised a brow at his response. "Technically, I didn't have to ask, you two offered-"

Suddenly, George placed his hand over Eleanor's mouth to silence her, while Ron glared at his siblings and Harry chuckled to himself after they were all exposed. She playfully grabbed George's hand and gave it a hard squeeze, causing him to yelp and pull it back. And quickly, the study session turned out to just spending time in the library talking back and forth.

It was a nice way for Eleanor to be filled in pertaining to the events revolving around Sirius Black. Since she couldn't remember the last time, she and Cedric had sat down together to go over the latest castle gossip, Eleanor could only rely on rumours. But it seemed plenty of rumours turned out to be true, such as the one of Sirius Black making his way into the Gryffindor Tower and attempting to attack Ron, while the boy was in his bed. She had let out a little squeak when she was told of the details, but what reason did the killer have going after Ron?

It made no sense.

But all Eleanor could think of was her mother, while Ron told his harrowing tale of his narrow escape. She could see Margaret's face clearly in her head if she somehow discovered the events occurring on the castle grounds. More than likely, she would have suffered multiple heart attacks and Eleanor didn't want to think of that. Since Christmas, Margaret had been putting in the effort to respond to Eleanor's letters frequently, even if she did have a fear of the owls and rather than guilting Eleanor with things like telling her that she missed her and didn't like being alone in the home, she was asking Eleanor about her classes, and what she was up to.

She even asked about the Weasel Boys here and there.

To keep things as they were, Eleanor continued to withhold information revolving around Sirius Black to herself and only filled her mother in on such things as her classes and Quidditch.

Pushing herself away from the table, Eleanor stretched her stiff body before gathering her belongings in her arms.

"Alright, I need some sleep, I'll see you all later, have a good night," she said with a wave of her hand before walking off.

But even long after she had gone, Fred was caught staring in the direction of where she had walked off. It was George, who looked up from his own work and caught him, before knocking him on the arm to pull Fred out of his daydream. However, George wasn't the only brother to catch onto what was going on between Fred and Eleanor.

"Since when do you two spend so much time with a Hufflepuff student?" Ron questioned suddenly. "Let alone a girl?"

Even Harry seemed curious about the answer as he looked up from his own work, waiting for the twins to answer. Fred only gave a nonchalant shrug of his shoulders as he started writing something down on his piece of parchment paper.

"Ellie's nice."

"That and it's not a crime to hang out with a girl," George added.

"Well, it's not just the two of you spending time with her," Ron reminded them, "you're allowing someone to add to your work. That's unheard of. If I didn't know any better, I would think- "

"Look, Ronald," Fred interjected, "just because you fail at maintaining any friendships that involve the opposite sex, doesn't mean it runs in the family."

Upon returning to the Common Room, Eleanor could see that Cedric and Marnie weren't there, bringing her to retire to the girls' dormitory instead. As she walked in, she could see that her dormmates, including Marnie, were already in their beds. Setting her things onto her bed, Eleanor went to grab her pyjamas out of her trunk, in hopes of taking a hot shower, and going to bed herself. However, just as she went to turn to walk out of the room, she heard Marnie's voice call her name.

Turning around, Eleanor could see Marnie sitting up in her bed, rubbing the sleepiness from her eyes. "Where in the world have you been?" she asked.

"I was studying in the library with-"

"The Gryffindors," Marnie finished, a slight bitterness to her tone, "I figured."

Choosing to ignore her friend's tone initially, Eleanor cleared her throat before responding. "Well, I guess everyone else at the table was a Gryffindor now that you mentioned it. But I wasn't really paying attention to that, I've been busy studying, you know? I figured you and Cedric would eventually join us. I usually help you with your Herbology homework and-"

"I have shown up," Marnie told her, "multiple times, but you've been too busy to notice!"

"I don't understand," Eleanor frowned, "are you upset with me because I've been hanging out with Gryffindors?"

"No!"

Of course, Eleanor didn't believe that for a second. "Look, Marnie, Fred and George have been helping me study for Potions. I needed extra help and- "

"You don't need to explain yourself, Eleanor. Blame it on studying all you want, but you've been spending all your free time with them. Every time class finishes, you run off claiming that you're trying to avoid them but whenever I see you, you're with them. So, which is it? It doesn't sound like you're trying to avoid them; you just don't want me around when you're with them."

It was poor Heidi who was woken from her slumber as the argument started escalating in volume.

"How could you even say something like that?!" Eleanor snapped at Marnie. "Merlin forbid I talk to anyone outside of you or Cedric and it's a problem. That's not fair! Especially since neither one of you have ever had a problem leaving me behind when it's convenient for you! How many times have you two just left me behind without realising that I wasn't there? Now, I have some people that pay attention to me and listen to me, and somehow I'm at fault here?"

"Well, apparently the twins are better friends than Cedric and me, so if that's how you feel, don't hang out with me. Go hang out with your better new friends."

"Don't worry, I will!"

"Good!"

"Fine!"

Making sure she had the last word, Eleanor threw her pyjamas onto the bed, abandoning her plans of taking a shower and stormed out of the dorms.

"Wow," Heidi said after a minute of her and Marnie sitting in silence, "Ross has some fire in her, who knew?"

Upset wasn't the word to describe how Eleanor felt after leaving the dorms. Too angered to be anywhere near Marnie at the moment, she made her way out of the Common Room, knowing was passed curfew hours, but she didn't care. She made her way through the kitchens and into an empty corridor before deciding to settle on the floor. Drawing her legs to her chest, she buried her face into her knees, all the while cursing Marnie's name.

She was making it sound like Eleanor had just one day decided to abandon her best friends, all because she had been spending more time around Fred and George. Sure, Eleanor would admit that she hadn't been around very often the last several days, but it had been for good reason and if Marnie had requested to spend time together, Eleanor would have made it happen. However, Eleanor wasn't a legilimens by any means, she didn't know that Marnie was feeling left out. But she still had no right to guilt Eleanor into feeling bad either.

"Ms Ross?"

At the sound of someone addressing her by surname, Eleanor lifted her head and spotted Professor Lupin at the other end of the corridor. She quickly pushed herself up to her feet, straightening her attire and wiping her face to hide any evidence of her crying.

"It is you," Professor Lupin said, " Ms Ross, what are you doing outside of the dorms at this hour? The twins aren't around, are they?"

"No, Professor Lupin," she shook her head, " it's just me. I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be out here, but...but...ugh."

She plopped down onto one of the window seats and buried her face into her hands. A frown developed on Professor Lupin's face, noting the distraught tone in Eleanor's voice and the stray tears she had missed on her face. Walking over, he took the empty space beside her.

"Would you like to discuss what is bothering you, Ms Ross?"

"Not really."

"Would you like some chocolate then?"

Looking up from her hands, Eleanor turned her head to see Professor Lupin dig into the pocket of his robes and pull out half a bar of chocolate. He peeled a bit of the foil back, exposing some of the chocolate before offering to her. A small chuckle passed through her lips before she reached over and took a piece.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome," he smiled, "chocolate normally tends to make people feel better in my experience."

"Because of the endorphin release, right?"

"That is correct."

It only took her a moment to finish the piece of chocolate, but the entire time she had been eating it, she couldn't help but feel slightly self-conscious since Professor Lupin had been watching her. She was trying to play it off that he was just trying to make sure that she was alright, but the longer he looked at her, she wished that he would stop.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked him. "You keep looking at me."

Immediately, he averted his gaze, muttering an apology with a shake of his head. "Forgive me, Ms Ross, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. But you remind me of someone."

"Really? Who?"

"I'm not quite sure but I think it's someone I knew a long time ago."

The two remained in the company of each other for a little while longer, Eleanor took another piece of chocolate, while Professor Lupin pondered the little mystery on his mind. Eventually, Eleanor pushed herself up, thanking him for the chocolate and his company before announcing that she was going to head back to the dorms for the evening. Professor Lupin warned her not to take any detours, knowing Filch was lurking around, hoping to find any student out of bed past curfew. She promised before leaving and when she returned to the dorms, Marnie appeared to be asleep again and didn't wake up a second time, allowing Eleanor to grab her pyjamas and head to the showers as she originally planned.

The next morning, Eleanor woke especially early to avoid any confrontation with Marnie. She gathered her things and headed to the Great Hall after getting ready. But it didn't take long for Cedric to learn what had happened between his best friends. And as soon as he arrived at the Great Hall shortly after Eleanor, he approached her for answers.

"What's this I hear about you and Marnie having a spat last night?" Cedric asked her. "Are you two not talking to each other? For the rest of the term?"

Eleanor glanced up from her breakfast before taking a sip of her juice. "Good morning to you too," she began. "And I'm not talking to her until she apologises for being hostile for no reason. I mean, I'm allowed to be friends with other people, right?"

"Well, of course, you're allowed to, but-"

"I don't see what the big deal is!" Eleanor huffed. " So what if I was hanging out with people from Gryffindor. Besides the one time that Fred and George pranked her, no one from that house has done anything to her. She has nothing to hold against them."

"Ellie, I think you need to see it from Marnie's point of view-"

"Which is what?!" she spat, nearly causing Cedric to fall back off the bench as he tried to avoid her wrath.

"What I meant was, you and I both know that Marnie isn't the best at making friends. It's kind of been obvious since first year. She has only ever been around us. Now, you and I, on the other hand, making friends doesn't come as hard, does it?"

"Cedric, before this year, when have you ever seen me hang out with anyone besides you or Marnie? Whenever I've spoken to anyone else, it's usually about a class assignment, that's it. And I've never said anything all the times that you and Marnie have left me by myself or spoken over me, or just flat out ignored me. Maybe I'm just trying to make more friends too, I don't think that should be held against me."

A frown developed on Cedric's lips as he scooted closer to her again. "I didn't realise that you felt like we were ignoring you or abandoning you, Ellie. You never mentioned feeling left out. I know I've been spending time with Cho, so it's been you and Marnie a lot, and I guess because I'm not around and you're with the twins, Marnie really doesn't have anyone, so I guess she's feeling how you were feeling. I'm sorry, Ellie. I didn't realise what was really going on. It's just from what Heidi said this morning-"

"You are such a gossip queen, Cedric!" Eleanor laughed. "First thing in the morning and you're already trying to hear the latest!"

"I can't help it if people like to tell me things."

"It's because they know you're a gossip queen."

"If you're going to call me that, the least you could do is call me Gossip King."

"No," Eleanor shook her head, "I think I'll stick with Gossip Queen, and for short, I'll call you Queenie!"

"Ellie!"

"Queenie!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.5K 1.5K 65
(COMPLETED) Things Eleanor Potter expected of her final year at Hogwarts: - Pranking the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor until they quit...
60.2K 2.2K 7
Her entire 5th year at Hogwarts felt like a cauldron boiling perilously out of control, ready to explode at any given point. So when Hermione catches...
41.2K 1.2K 22
"Don't you dare die on me, Weasley." "I wouldn't dream of it, Lupin. I haven't told you I love you yet." โ˜†โ€ขโ˜…โ€ขโ˜† Cha...
86.2K 2.2K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...