Taming The Hybrid (TVD. Klaus...

By BeckySmolder

Allison Lockwood, the older sister of Tyler Lockwood, returns to Mystic Falls after spending four years in Ca... More

Brotherhood of The Five
Obtaining the Sword
Dinner Date with Klaus
A Day in New Orleans
The Winter Wonderland
Kol's Death
Making Things Official
Klaus is Free
Saving Hayley
Expression Triangles
Back in New Orleans
Rebekah Visits
Meeting Marcel
Plan B is War
Carol and Tyler Visit
Bayou Bar Distraction
Unlinking Spell
The Baby's Blood
To New Orleans
The Bar Attack
Casket Girls Parade
Four Elements, Four Stages
Mystic Falls Reunion
Saving Rebekah
Werewolf House Party
Magic Dreams
The Opera House
Rebekah's Trial
A Party for Peace
Feast of Blessings
The Bayou Attack
Dreaming of Mikael
Moonlight Rings
Esther's Decree
Home Town Comfort
Fighting for Family
Mystic Falls Return
The Wedding
10 Years Later
More Stories By Me

Klaus in Combat

10.5K 186 52
By BeckySmolder

Chapter Nineteen

I gagged as Klaus bit into some girl's wrist. Yeah, he compelled some girl so he could have her blood. I guess he does have to live. Back home the vampires stole blood from hospitals. I don't know where a hospital even is in New Orleans. And well, Klaus, no doubt prefers his blood this way.

I continued to nibble on fruit. We were sitting down for breakfast, Klaus, Rebekah, and I. And currently my boyfriend was pouring the blood from the girl's bitten wrist into a glass. I rolled my eyes and looked away. "Have you spoken to our good friend Marcel today?" Klaus asked his sister.

"No. Should I have?" Rebekah asked. She sat across from me while Klaus stood to the side with the girl and the tray holding bowls of fruit.

"Well, he's been mysteriously silent, avoiding me some might say. I thought, perhaps, he may have whispered reasons into your ear along with all those sweet nothings."

"If I see him, I'll be sure to askif he's still sore at you," she replied. He finished with the girl and moved over, sitting down next to me.

"Let me give a voice to that look in your eyes. 'My saintly, noble brother lies writhing in agony in the bayou, victim of my bastard brother's bite when just one or two drops of his blood would ease his pain'," Klaus said.

I sighed and sipped on my orange juice. Klaus and I talked about it already, I'd drop the subject of Elijah. He wasn't going to die and well, I wasn't going to be able to convince Klaus to save his brother. So I was going to wish Elijah luck since Klaus would never let me go help Elijah back at the bayou. Klaus was my boyfriend, a possessive one, and currently a jealous one, but that was all right cause I liked him all the same.

"On the contrary, Nik. I am simply enjoying my brekkie waiting for Elijah's health return," Rebekah said.

"Oh, come on, Rebekah. You've been giving me the devil's eye all morning. Out with it."

"Perhaps I'm concerned that if I voice my opinion about what you did to Elijah, I will end up on the wrong side of your toxic hybrid teeth," she sneered.

"Poppycock. I would never bite you. Elijah made some very offensive accusations about my intentions towards my child. He deserves a day or two of discomfort. Besides, you know my preferred method of punishment for your indiscretions is the dagger," he stated and I gaped at him, placing my hand on his knee and squeezing it in warning.

Rebekah let out a small chuckle and then slid her chair back. She got out of her seat and leaned across the table to be in his face as she spoke, "There's something fundamentally wrong with you." And then she left.

I sighed and Klaus looked over at me, shrugging. I giggled and leaned over. "There's something fundamentally wrong with me for being so attracted to you even when you're being so mean. Like seriously, you're sexy as hell, all the time," I told him, kissing him lightly, wrapping my hands around his neck as I got up from my seat and onto his lap.

"You're the best," he said, kissing down my neck. I moaned and bit my lip, trying to be quiet right now. He pulled back and furrowed his eyebrows. "She's gone," he stated and I smiled.

"Round two after last night?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"I can't. I have to figure out what I'm going to do. Rebekah, cannot be trusted, do you hear me?" He questioned and I nodded.

"Babe, seriously you're paranoid. Stop it," I ordered, holding his face in my hands.

"I'm not being paranoid, Allie."

"Okay, say you're right. What could she possibly do?" I asked.

"I don't know. She's hanging about on Marcel's arm," he grumbled.

"Fine. She can't be trusted. Elijah can't be trusted. Who else can't be trusted in your books?" I questioned, seriously, pecking his lips so he knew I wasn't being sarcastic.

"No one can, Allie."

"But you trust me?" I bit my lip.

"Of course. And only you, don't you ever leave me," he whispered and I grinned.

"Never, ever," I promised, smiling brightly at him.

"Good, cause I never want to lose you," he replied and I kissed him on the nose then the chin, forehead, and lastly lips.

"Well, let's prepare for war, sexy. We have to put a stop to Marcel and Rebekah's plans, if they have any to begin with," I told him.

"There's not a doubt in your mind that she could be against me?" He scoffed.

"I mean, there's a tiny doubt. You do deserve for her to at least slap you a few times. But I don't know. I like Rebekah. We're friends," I shrugged.

"I know. Let's just hope she's not stupid enough to betray me," he said and I nodded. I got off of him and he got up next. "Let's go get some information."

"Okay. I like this. We're like partners in crime," I smiled.

"Yes we are," he agreed, grabbing my hand.

***

Klaus had drove to some warehouse type place. He said we were meeting someone. He ordered me to hop on his back so I did just that. He then flash inside the building and behind someone. I now know who we came for answers from. He was standing about two feet infront of us, well, Klaus technically, since he's the one standing.

The boy turned around and jumped in surprise at the closeness. "Oh, man, I'll never get used to that," Josh breathed out. "Why do I get the feeling you studied theater?"

"All the world's a stage, young Joshua, and it just so happens I have the role of a lifetime for you," Klaus said while I looked around. We seemed to be in a garage now. Hmm. There was like a steel made wall behind Klaus and I. My back nearly touched it. And well, there was a car that Josh was just working on.

I hopped off of Klaus' back and walked around while Klaus made his demands about telling Josh to find his missing dagger. And there I went feeling guilty. I gave Rebekah the one I found from before. I didn't know she could possibly be against Klaus, which means against me because I'm Team Klaus, always.

Klaus and I then left and while we were in the car I spilled my guts. "I'm sorry," I squeaked out in the end.

"It's fine. Maybe Rebekah left them laying around. Hopefully, Josh finds them. Daggering my siblings for a little while will get rid of the burden of having them," Klaus sighed. He was stressed out and no doubt frustrated on top of his paranoia.

"I guess so," I muttered in agreement.

"Allie, you're with me on this, right? Daggering them will make things easier," he promised, grabbing my hand. I sighed and nodded.

"I'm on your side. I don't like this idea, but you gotta do what you have to," I shrugged.

"Exactly," he confirmed and I smiled weakly. I was just hoping things didn't go badly. I was a little worried.

***

"All right. So, not doubting your mad vampire skills of destruction or anything but Marcel is on red alert, surrounded by, like, an army. You're totally boned unless..." Josh dragged out. He already told us that Marcel had the dagger apparently. I don't understand how or why. Unless Rebekah handed it over to him.

Anyways, Klaus and I left earlier to kill time. He took me out for a small brunch since fruit didn't exactly fill me up at breakfast. And now we were back, meeting Josh after his meeting with Marcel. And I didn't know how to feel right now. Josh seemed nervous and rather anxious. I didn't even know if he could be trusted at this point. Klaus' paranoia is rubbing off. But seriously, why would Josh be this nervous? Unless he's working for Marcel now. And that means Marcel has a plan, perhaps it is one with Rebekah. "Unless what?" Klaus questioned, snapping me from my thoughts.

"I overheard him arguing with Diego. Apparently, he's clearing out the compound tonight for a date or something. That's where Marcel will be," Josh stated and I bit my lip. Hmmm...a date, huh?

"When I run New Orleans, there will be a permanent daylight ring in it for you, Joshua, for services rendered unto your true king," Klaus replied and I grabbed his hand, playing with his fingers. I was feeling awkward.

"Cool," Josh said, sounding almost as awkward as I felt.

"But if you ever betray me," Klaus began to threaten him, letting go of my hand as he walked towards Josh. "I will make sure you spend the rest of your eternal life in exquisite agony wishing for a merciful death."

I stared hard at Josh and saw him gulp. I was very suspicious right now. Maybe Klaus was too. Maybe that's why he just gave Josh that unfriendly warning. I watched Klaus smile and then grasp Josh's shoulder for a moment before turning around and grabbing my hand. "Let's go, shall we, love?" He asked.

"Yeah, let's get out of here," I said and he led the way. In the car I told him my suspicions about Josh.

"Now whose paranoid?" Klaus teased.

"I'm being serious. Maybe your compulsion wore off."

"No. Josh hasn't been missing. It'd take days to bleed him out."

"Maybe it wasn't done that way."

"What other way is there?" He scoffed.

"You said you trust no one. You trust Josh now! Seriously, he said Marcel was clearing out the place for a date. If it's a date then it's probably with Rebekah, hinting that their plotting against you together. You were right!" I shouted.

"Calm down, Allie. Stress isn't good for the baby. And yes, I'm weary of Josh. The fear I strike in his is rather strong. But I know a good actor when I see one. I know when someone is pretending to still be under my compulsion. And he obviously isn't. But if I rip out his throat now, well, then Marcel will know I'm onto him. I got to take Josh's word for now though," he explained.

"Are you really going to show up to see Marcel?" I asked him.

"Yes, of course."

"You don't think it's a set up?"

"I don't know, Allie. It probably is but I can deal with Marcel. I know he's not having a date."

"What if Rebekah is there too?" I asked.

"Well, I'll just snap both of their necks. Stop asking me questions, it's making me anxious. I'm ready to kill them all. But I have to play this in a smart way. I trust you and I agree with you. Josh is a liar and he's on Marcel's side. But Josh is right. Marcel will be waiting for me tonight, for his 'date'. And we're going to go and put that boy in his place," Klaus stated.

"Okay," I agreed, sighing in relief. I didn't want Klaus to be caught off guard by anything if he went to meet Marcel tonight.

***

I was home, taking a bubble bath. Klaus went out to meet with the preist. I don't know why and I didn't care. He had business to handle and I needed time to relax. I needed to mentally prepare for tonight. I was going with Klaus to meet Marcel.

Klaus and I both agreed that a war was brewing. And that tonight wasn't going to go well. He didn't want to leave me alone though. He was paranoid about Marcel sending someone for me if he left me here tonight. He didn't want to leave me even now, but I convinced him I'd be fine alone and that I didn't want to go with him to the church.

He left only an hour ago and I just got off the phone with him, he was on his way now. I continued my bath and then afterwards got dressed. I slipped on black jeans, a green sweater, and black riding boots. I had a leather vest that I wanted to wear too, but I hadn't decided if I should or not.

"You look lovely," Klaus stated. I looked to see him leaning in the doorway. I squealed and ran over to him. It was nice to have the house alone. It felt like we seriously lived together, just us two. And it was cute. I wanted it like that one day, us and our baby. Just us three. I wanted that so badly.

"Thank you," I told him, kissing him on the cheek. We talked a bit and he handed me a stake, telling me to shove it in my boot. Luckily it fit so I left it there, promising not to hesitate to use it if I was in danger.

"Let's go deal with an incompetent vampire, shall we?" He asked and I shook my head at him, chuckling under my breath.

"Let's go," I said, wrapping my arm around his waist. He smiled and led the way out. Here goes nothing.

***

Klaus strutted into the place where Marcel was said to be according to Josh. We no longer trust Josh but Klaus instincts told him that he needed to come here anyways. We were both aware Marcel was up to something. What? Who knows? I don't. Klaus hasn't really voice his thoughts on it either. He just told me to stick by him in case things get ugly.

The place was dark and rather empy. I grabbed onto the back of Klaus' jacket as I realized I stopped moving. I held onto him and let him lead the way. I was kinda scared but I needed to be brave. And stand strong by Klaus' side through all this, no matter what. We were a team, I couldn't make us look weak.

Klaus pulled me to his side as he looked around the empty place, holding me against him as he turned around. "Klaus," someone spoke. Klaus looked over, moving me with him to face Marcel.

"You've been avoiding my calls," Klaus told him, moving me to his side and keeping an arm around my waist.

"A little pissed off lately," Marcel said. I was nervous. I doubt Marcel went through this trouble with making Josh lie to us just to get Klaus here so they can talk.

"Apologies for my behavior can come later," Klaus stated. "You have something of mine. I want it back."

Marcel pulled the dagger out from his jacket. Okay, maybe this was his plan. He had the dagger and used that information to lure Klaus here. Now I get it. Josh earlier stated Marcel had it. Klaus was coming to meet Marcel for it, not just because he knew Marcel had something going on tonight. Not that we believed he had a date or whatever.

"Sorry, but I can't do that," Marcel stated, holding the dagger. I still can't believe he actually had it. I thought it was all a lie to ambush Klaus or something. Or like Klaus thought to get him to leave me alone so he could come after me for some reason.

Marcel held the dagger out and then walked over Rebekah who took it. I held back a gasp, remembering to come off as strong. Klaus and I already figured they were working together. I shouldn't be shocked. Disappointed? Yes. "What is this?" Klaus asked. I guess he was also shocked that it was really happening. I guess he was worried he was just being paranoid for no reason.

"Apologies for your behavior?" Rebekah asked. "You don't apologize, Nik. You just act. I've had enought. We have had enough."

"Well, look at you, finally in possession of the one thing that can take you down," Klaus smirked, walking us closer to them since they stood towards the back of the room. "How does it feel?"

"Great," she answered. Marcel then whistled and I tensed up as I noticed people coming out of the shadows. I didn't show my fear though. Or at least I don't think I did. I looked around and so did Klaus. Shit. There were a ton of people. Well, vampires actually.

Klaus didn't look worried as we were surrounded. He looked at me and pulled me closer, to assure me. I bit my lip and leaned into him. Stay calm, Allie. "So this is it?" Klaus asked, smirking. "The evil bastard Klaus has gone too far, must be punished and by his own sibling nonetheless. How positively biblical. And you, Marcel, is this your idea of a hit? I taught you better than this paltry excuse for a takedown. You think you can subdue me with this?" Klaus continued, his last question being yelled out.

"No, but I think I can with this," Marcel said followed by whistling again. The twenty guys then turned into about a hundred. Now I was a bit frightened. Klaus looked around as the place filled up. He let me go and moved around in a circle. He sighed and nodded, grabbing me by my chin. He pecked my lips and gave me an intense stare. I shot him a reassuring smile that I was fine.

He let me go and faced Marcel and his sister. I stood beside him as he began to speak. "Let's end this charade, shall we?" Klaus suggested.

"We shall," I whispered and he smirked, winking at me. He brought his arms up to his side as a gesture and then opened his mouth to talk. "Vampires of New Orleans, do recall that I am an original, a hybrid. I cannot be killed," he stated. I have never been more relieved by that statement. I couldn't ever bare to lose Klaus, and well, I know I never will.

"Eternity is an awfully long time. How long do you think Marcel will stay in power? What if one of you lot were to release me, knowing I would be eternally in your debt? Oh, I would pity those of you who dared to cross me. I can assure you, your ends would be spectacular. To borrow a trick from an old friend," Klaus smirked, pulling something out of his jacket pocket. He was owning the 'stage' right now. He was facing his audience and showing them a coin currently. "Whoever picks up this coin gets to live."

And then the coin was dropped to the floor, making a 'clink' sound. "Now, which of you magnificent bastards want to join me?" He questioned. What a speech.

"Anyone want that coin, pledge allegience to Klaus, take it now. Go ahead. The choice is yours," Marcel chimed in. I looked around and no one went for it. Fuck. Well, then. Klaus let out a small breath, grabbing my hand and moving me behind him. I gulped and resisted the urge to grab onto him or hug him. He needed to be ready to fight without me being in the way of it.

Marcel tilted his head, shrugging it seemed and said, "take him." The two vampires by his side rushed over and I stepped back. Klaus quickly kicked one away and to the ground then flipped one off the ground and sent him crashing into a wall. Klaus pulled me to his side and I got a glimpse of the sexy smirk on his red lips. Klaus shrugged and brought his arms to his side and I chuckled at him, seeing his cocky smile. I stepped forward and looked around.

And suddenly chains wrapped around Klaus' arms and pulled him towards the entrance. I gasped and looked over. I went to run over to him just as tons of vampires flashed over and began their assault on him. I gulped as I saw him fall to the floor. I leaned down, slowly grabbing the stake out of my boot. I quickly threw it to one person, slowly stalking over to Klaus who was already surrounded. The person dropped to their knees and then looked over at me. They pulled the stake out and tossed it back at me.

I shreiked and ducked. "Got it," someone whispered near my ear. I looked up to see Rebekah behind me, holding it. I frowned and went to take it from her but she moved it out of my reach so I brought my knee to her stomach, catching her off guard. She dropped the stake and I quickly picked it up. I then ran away from her only to run into a chest, Marcel.

Holding the stake tightly as he grabbed my other arm, keeping me from getting any further, I slowly brought the stake to stab into his leg sneakily while he smirked down at me. He grunted in pain and I pulled the stake back, pulling out of his grasp at the same time. Rebekah then moved to grab me and restrained me, I held the stake though in my hands while she practically hugged me from my side. "Stop it, I'm trying to keep you safe," she snapped.

"Screw you!" I shouted, struggling in her arms. She wouldn't let go. I huffed and looked over at Klaus. He was on his knees being held. I heard a slight growl and bit my lip. Klaus was beaten, badly. Blood was all over his mouth. My poor baby.

His blue eyes went gold and veins popped out underneath. His eyes met mine and then Rebekah who was holding me. I heard something fall and looked to see it was the dagger. I didn't notice she still held onto that. Who cares though?

I watched in amazement as Klaus got to his feet kicking people and punching others.He then pulled a guy to him and bit into his neck. Then the slaughter continued. He was snapping necks and tossing people around. Damn. He was really badass. "Marcel! Come and finish this!" Klaus roared.

The chains were still around his hands but I think the guys that once held them were now dead. "No," Rebekah said, letting me go to stop Marcel as he went to move towards Klaus. I slowly grabbed the dagger, shoving it in my boot, holding the stake in my right hand. "Take the coin," Rebekah ordered.

"What?" I heard Marcel ask. I backed away from them, not going far. Rebekah wouldn't let anyone hurt me but still, I was mad at her. I looked to see Klaus continuing his destruction.

"He won't stop until everyone is dead. And he will kill you, too," Rebekah told Marcel. "End this. Pick up the coin." There were yells everywhere and I looked to see Klaus killing about three people before he was jumping off the walls to get to another person. Yeah, he was definitely the strongest person, like, ever.

"Enough!" Marcel yelled. Klaus slowly finished killing the person he held by the throat. A crack sounded and Klaus dropped the person to the ground. I looked to see Marcel kneeling on the floor, holding the coin. "Well, well, well," Klaus taunted.

I raced to his side and he wrapped me in his arms, holding me tightly. I didn't care that he had blood all over him. I dropped the stake and pressed kisses along his neck, avoiding the splattered blood around. "Let me go real quick, love," Klaus said, pushing me away gently by the hips.

I let him go and stood next to him as he faced Marcel. "The great Marcel, self-proclaimed king of New Orleans, bowing before me," Klaus said.

"There," Marcel said, tossing the coin towards Klaus. "I hereby pledge my allegiance to you. You have the keys to my kingdom. It's yours."

The tears in his eyes almost made me feel bad, same for the ones I could see in Rebekah's. But I didn't care. I was angry with them. They set this up to kill Klaus or something like that. Either way, they hurt him and planning on doing more than getting him beat up like he did. They had more of a plan.

I looked up at Klaus to see him grin. I smiled slightly, seeing him happy. I wanted nothing more than for him to be happy. And he wanted this so much. He wanted his old home back. I know things aren't completely going to be okay now though. This wasn't going to be smooth and easy. These vampires already don't like Klaus. So now he was getting to be king?

***

Klaus grabbed my hand and led me away. We got in his car and headed home. Klaus showered and I changed clothes. "I'll be back," Klaus said, coming out the bathroom.

"Be safe and smart," I told him.

"Of course, love," he said, coming over to the bed and kissing me on the lips. "Are you okay with everything?"

"Yes. And I have something for you," I smirked.

"What?" He asked. I grabbed the dagger from his side of the bed, I handed it to him and he smiled. He kissed me hard on the lips again and then he pulled back. "I'm just so glad you were safe," he stated.

"I'm so glad you're here with me. Tell me, this is gonna make you happy. And make things easier for us and our future."

"I'm happy with you, and you alone. But things are gonna get better, baby. I promise," he smiled, kissing my forehead. He then moved and put the dagger away. He then said his farewells and I wished him luck.

***

"What was all the yelling about?" I asked Klaus as he entered the room. He slammed the door and leaned against it, his back to me. I jumped out of bed, nearly falling. I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around him. "Klaus? Babe? Talk to me. What's wrong? Klaus," I panicked.

I forced him to face me and saw the tears in his eyes. It broke my heart. I grabbed his face in my hands and stared at him. "It's okay. I'm here. I'm by your side. Everything is going to be all right, babe. I promise," I whispered, wiping one stray tear.

"We're leaving. I have my old home back. Elijah has returned and he will remain here with Rebekah. We'll leave as soon as possible," he stated emotionlessly.

"Okay," I agreed.

"Let's go to bed," he said. I sighed and let him go. I hopped back into bed. I had been sleeping until he woke me up with his yelling. I don't even want to know what happened. But I know Klaus was hurt. He was betrayed. I know how hard he's been trying to cooperate just to do as Elijah asked, help the witches get power from Marcel, the original plan. He did to keep me alive too. The witches used me as leverage.

But then he daggered Elijah, which he was just trying to make up for and he was doing his best with Rebekah. I knew all that. And well, they both were the ones who messed up. Elijah seemed to doubt all of Klaus' intentions when it came to me and the baby. Rebekah got angry and plotted with Marcel.

Klaus stripped to his boxers and got into bed with me. I wrapped my arms around him and he looked me in the eyes. "You're all I need. You and the baby," he stated.

"You're all we need," I replied, looking out the window to see it was daylight. Wow. I had only got maybe two to three hours asleep before now. Klaus pulled me closer and his arms wrapped around me too. We were facing each other and I stared over his shoulder out the window until he grabbed me by my chin, "get some rest, love."

"You too, babe," I said. I cuddled closer and leaned my head on his chest. I closed my eyes, thankful to have him with me currently. This man was the one I was meant to be with. After the fear of losing him of some sort tonight, I was more grateful to have him in my life. I needed him. I wanted him. He just meant so much to me. He meant everything to me. I more than just liked Klaus. These last four, nearly five months with him have changed my life. I was a different person, at least a little.

I was my own person. I was stronger now. I was happier now. And Klaus is the one to thank for all that. He's changed me for the better. He has rubbed off on me and I know that I have changed him, at least a little bit. He's so sweet and attentive. Rather affectionate too. He was perfect for me. Perfect to me and I truly was head over heels in love with him. How couldn't I be? He was handsome, he was unique, and he was mine. Mine as I was his. Forever and always.

~I just put up a new story! It's called "Kenzie Gilbert: The Mute Twin" and I'm really excited about it. So please go check it out. It's gonna be great. I wanted to try to make a series so this is Season 1 and it's gonna be longer than Georgie's journey was. Go read it! Now! Haha. THANKS!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

818K 22.2K 55
Odette Jade De Marie travelled to Mystic Falls with the intention of gathering information for her best friend, only for it to lead her to meet the O...
49.3K 1.7K 49
Unlike her twin sister, Elena, Elara Gilbert never quite fit in. Heck, how could she when this was at least the 50th time she'd relived her teenage y...
1.8K 80 6
โ›๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ. ๐“๐ก๐ž๐ฆ, ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฏ๐ž.โœ Malia Hale, a werewolf has arrived in Mystic Falls i...
98.4K 2.4K 64
After three long years, full of horror and heartbreak, Klaus Mikaelson and Penelope Gilbert-Mikaelson have finally moved from their home in New Orlea...