Broken Wings

Harmless tarafından

~ When fairies want something, they get it. It doesn't matter what it is, they get it. But what happens when... Daha Fazla

Chapter One~ "You're acting weird today"
Chapter Two~ "Stay Safe"
Chapter Three~ "Trouble in paradise?"
Chapter Four~ "Why do you always need saving?"
Chapter Five~ "She's not ready!"
Chapter Six~ "They said that you were dangerous."
Chapter Seven~ "Welcome home, Vi."
Chapter Eight ~ "Goodbye, Anna."
Chapter Nine~ "You don't have wings."
Chapter ten~ "The petals can show you the future,"
Chapter eleven~ "You do take after your mother."
Chapter Twelve ~ "You were born to be a queen."
Chapter thirteen~ "I can't let them hurt him!"
Chapter fourteen~ "Leo knew you'd come."
Chapter fifteen~ "You made me do this."
Chapter Sixteen~ "I loved you!"
Chapter Seventeen~ "This isn't Anna anymore."
Chapter Eighteen~ "Are humans always in love?"
Chapter nineteen~ "He couldn't help himself."
Chapter twenty~ "Is this what caring feels like?"
Chapter twentyone~ "You're not perfect."
Chapter twentytwo~ "You, Miranda and Me."
Chapter twentythree~ "You need to think things over."
Chapter Twentyfour~ "You'll be a wonderful queen."
Chapter Twentyfive~ "Let's go be a queen."
Chapter twentysix~ "Silly Vi."
Chapter twentyseven~ "No, you don't."
Chapter twentyeight~ "I'll see you in two months, Juliet."
Chapter twentynine~ "It's Aily."
Chapter thirty~ "Eelii,"
Chapter thirtyone~ "You'll come out different or dead."
Chapter thirtytwo~ "Everything's wrong."
Chapter thirtythree~ "Are we a kingdom?"
Chapter thirtyfour~ "We were trying to protect you!"
Chapter thirtyfive~ "It's a bit late for that."
Chapter thirtysix~ "YOU MAY NOW BEGIN."
Chapter thirtyseven~ "I love you."
Chapter thirtyeight~ "I would never have hurt you."
Chapter thirtynine~ "I won't let you hurt her anymore."
Chapter forty~ "This is how you kill her."
Chapter fortyone~ "Guess who's back?"
Chapter fortytwo~ "I know that."
Chapter fortythree~ "Forever."
Chapter fortyfive~ *The end.*

Chapter fortyfour~ "You guys are the best."

420 20 1
Harmless tarafından

(A/N: I promised, and I updated :3)

Chapter fortyfour~ “You guys are the best.”

“You may now kiss the bride.”

Those words had etched themselves into my brain, as the best memory I could’ve possibly asked for. The cheering, the sparkles, the wings, the happiness. The day went by as a blur but I remember it as if it were yesterday.

My dress, despite Miranda begging me to make gold after Myllic tradition, was white. Human tradition, I said. No one bothered to argue with me, been as it was my special day. I carefully had golden sparkles around the waist and the chest though, to keep the crowds smiling. The wedding happened in the garden of the Myllic castle. Me and Leo wed under the tree of beauty, after picking petals to see the future. We weren’t allowed to tell each other what we had seen, but we had whispered it into each other’s that night.

Eelii was the best man, and despite Leo’s bad history with him, the got on like best friends. Miranda was my bride of honour, followed by some other fairies, including Aily. They all looked wonderful.

But Leo looked the best. His hair was slightly ruffled and he dressed in a white suit with a gold tie. Matching mine. He had done everything I’d asked for, but I don’t think he really minded. He just wanted the marry part.

Everyone was invited, and despite Eelii’s fears of a secret attack on the tree of beauty, everything went fine. Everyone cheered and laughed and the after party in Trys was one of the best nights of my life.

But that was a while ago now. Almost sixteen years. Time flies when everything is perfect, right?

“Mom, I think I’m old enough to hear the story everyone talks about at school now. They’re going to teach me about it in history class soon. I think you should tell me first, though.” Ebony whined, walking through the doors to the castle. I smiled lightly and shook my head. She pouted, spreading her wings and walking towards me. “Come on!”

“I’ll tell you when you need to know.” I said, admiring my little girl. She was 15 this year. I know I was pretty young to be having kids, but apparently that’s how they did things here in fairy world.

Miranda had given birth to twins three months before me. They had called them Eliyn and Demetrio. Eliyn after the queen, obviously, and Demetrio after Eliyn’s father. I’d heard he was a great king. The three youngsters had grown pretty close, and I hate admitting it but Demetrio seemed almost perfect for my Ebony.

Even Aily has a child now. Hers is a year younger than ours, though, but it doesn’t stop them getting along. He’s a little boy called Clow. He has a deep purple hair naturally, so I figured Eelii’s hair is natural too.

Ebony was a beautiful blonde. She didn’t look at all like me or Leo, but she acted almost as if she were us. I even saw a little bit of Thif in her now and again. But she looks like one person way more than the others. Eliyn, my mother, not her best friend.

She’s seen pictures of her grandmother, but that’s all. She begs me to know about what happened before she was born almost every day. And I always reply with the same thing.

She doesn’t need to know yet. I don’t want her knowing that her grandfather started the war and killed all of her great grand-parents, or that her dad killed her grandmother, or that me and her dad were battling to our deaths before any of this ended, or that I had loved her boyfriend’s dad for a while. You get the picture, it’s confusing and pretty hostile as it is, I don’t need to push any of this onto her shoulders too.

But she will know. She’ll know when she needs too.

Mom!” She whined, huffing and puffing like she always did. I smiled and ruffled her hair.

“Ebony, you need to stop wondering about the past, and focus on the present.” I said smoothly, turning away and leading her up the stairs towards the balcony I had appeared on for the first time a very long time ago.

Eliyn had been standing, watching her kingdom when she welcomed me home. That moment was the moment I will never forget. I held my flowing dress while I stepped lightly up the stairs, letting the cleaners past when the rushed down.

I heard Ebony’s tiny footsteps behind me as she followed like a headless chicken. She wore the dresses that I wore when I first arrived here. They fitted her, even though she was the daintiest thing.

Eelii was giving her training lessons, and even he said she was so much better at training than me. Apparently she listened more. Every now and again Leo would give her fighting training, and when she asked why he would reply that you never know what could happen. Well, it was true. I never saw being thrown into s battle to the death with my lover happening.

I opened the balcony doors and breathed in the fresh air. I leant over the wall, looking down at the kingdom. I remember the many times I’d spent here. When I’d locked myself here after Eelii kissed me. The encounter with Thif. The moments before Leo had murdered Eliyn. The moments after Leo’s proposal. When we first brought Ebony up here and she met the kingdoms. They were all cluttered in my mind somewhere.

She stood next to me, looking at the kingdom in the same way I had as a girl. With so much wonder, so much curiosity. Of course, hers was a different curiosity. I had wondered what it would look like if it wasn’t ruined and in flames, and she wonders what it had looked like when it actually had been ruined and in flames. There were pictures, but she wants more than that. She wants a story that I’m not willing to tell her yet. She still has her innocence.

“This is your kingdom.” I said, looking at the castle quite a way away which I classed as a weekend castle. Leo had moved in permanently here in Myllic. Well, if you can still call it that. Trys and Myllic had officially joined after the marriage. The people would fight as one, despite their different coloured wings.

There were some kingdoms that hated it, but they dealt with it. The Walldar kingdom became great friends of ours. The stadium we had once fort in was now closed. I and Leo planned to open it to the public in a few years, when Ebony knew.

I had no doubt she would rule this kingdom with the same greatness as Eliyn.

“No. This is your kingdom.” She sighed, leaning her chin on the wall, looking at the people below us. A few people waved and she smiled down at them. “I want to go to earth.” She burst out and then hid her face in her hands as if she’d said something wrong. I predicted Leo had told her that earth was a very bad place that she must never wonder to. He’d probably told her it was where they sent bad fairies. He had never been to earth, and he had persisted he never wanted to go.

“I shall take you one day. You can meet some friends I have there.” I said, waiting for her reaction. She popped her head up immediately, grinning almost as wide as Leo had smiled when I told him ‘I do’ at the altar.

“You’ve been there?!” She squealed excitedly and I laughed, patting her shoulders. She didn’t even know I was half human yet. Maybe I should really tell her something soon…

“Ahh, my two favourite ladies!” Leo chuckled, walking onto the balcony and I greeted him with a hug. His arm rested around my shoulder as Ebony snuggled into him. “What are you two talking about?”

“Mom said she’s going to take me to earth!” Ebony blurted, practically bouncing on the spot. Leo turned to me, raising his eyebrow and giving me a look of disapproval. He hadn’t aged much. His crimson red eyes were still as bright and as loving as ever.

“Did she now?” He asked, very accusingly at me. I laughed and patted his chest.

“She did.” I responded quickly, and then looking at his feet. “Maybe daddy would like to come with us, to see his old friend Hope again.” I knew the mention of seeing her would brighten his day. I knew he missed her and although I absolutely despised it, I knew he really did want to see her.

“Yes, maybe he would. Later though.” He kissed my forehead, thinking about my offer. It would help us all for a little break. “But right now let’s just stay right here.” He pulled us both into a hug and right there was another moment of perfection on this balcony.

“You guys are the best.” Our daughter whispered. Me and Leo looked at each other then and then down at our daughter like we had planned our movements.

Leo smiled mischievously then. “What’s this I hear about you and Demetrio?” He asked, like a real dad.

Da-a-ad.”

 (A/N: I really am sorry I didn't do the wedding, but you can dream that up yourself I guess... I want to give you an insight into their future! Tommorow Broken Wings will offficially be completed whooo! Thanks for reading!)

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

12.8K 643 43
Aspen Jones Dolan I am the only daughter of my mom but third to my father and the heiress of a fortune pass down to my mom. I have everything in life...
902 48 30
Two people, ten years apart, from very different worlds collide and fall in love.
90 1 22
From the second you're in this world they tell you what is fair. What questions your allowed to ask and the ones you can never dare say. I find it da...
4 0 1
Meeting your soulmate when you are a child seems unfathomable, but it happened to me. Some would say I lived the life of a princess. I was born into...