Niall, answer the door please

By Harmonyangeldreamer

A Niall Horan sickfic Niall developed Flu during the OTRA tour. He goes home to try and sleep it off . Liam g... More

Flu
Delirious Dreams
Half Way up the Stairs
Niall's Never Late
Hyper...WHAT! ?
Prognosis is not favourable.
Waiting
Brothers of the Heart
Not what you wanted to hear.
A/N
A Long Road to Cover a Short Distance.
Falling Apart.
Broken Harry
Liam becomes a gibbering wreck.
Project Niall
Don't you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me
"Where's the fire?"
Reactivity and Perceptivity in english.
But who do you get to listen?
They are men not machines
A/N
Dark Pool of Water.
Nobody can Drag Me Down
Breakups, Bed Baths and Boxers
But he was fine ?
Burning Out
Are we going home now?
What's it to be, lads?
Just what's your problem, mate ?
Yeah, you know everything , don't you, Bro?
It's like I'm frozen, but the world still turns
The Secret of Louis' Success
Thank you A/N
I'll Make it Feel Like Home
"Li, I'm Scared"
Niall, Niall, Ni ?
We Love And Miss You, Bro, So Much.
OTRA Ends.
Thank you
Thank you

You have no choice.

6.5K 170 87
By Harmonyangeldreamer

One week had slowly turned into a second week which was one dragging it's feet through each day with still no discernible change in Niall's condition. The room alternated between bouts of silence and nervous chatter. Maura and Bobby exchanged glances and Maura nodded. She cleared her throat and looking around at all of the boys, spoke ." This has to stop right now, boys. I know I am not your mother but you are all like sons to me and I can't bear to watch you falling apart. Harry, you've not eaten or drunk anything for the last twelve hours to my certain knowledge. Liam, the same. Zayn, you are so skinny and obviously desperately need sleep. . And Louis? " Maura reached out and rubbed his cheek gently with her hand as he raised his eyes to look at her. "Louis? You are as pale as my Niall right now. You've not slept, or eaten. you can't keep this up, any of you. I know you want to be with Niall and I love you all for it but you need to rest. I'd not forgive myself if you all became ill".

"Maybe we need some kind of rota then" Bobby suggested. "That way everyone can get some rest and Niall will always have someone with him" They all looked around at each other and then at Niall. Harry nodded his head in agreement. "That's decided then " said Bobby.

The room had fallen silent again once they had all worked out a rota. Maura and Bobby, Harry and Louis, then Liam and Zayn, had paired up. It was decided that Maura and Bobby would take the first rotation as they had had the most rest. The others prepared to leave. They didn't feel like separating , needing to support and be supported by each other, so they all chose to go to Liam's home. Niall's home was actually closer but none of them felt easy at the thought of being there, surrounded by Niall's possessions, but without their mate himself.

Louis had picked up his bag but struggled to tear himself away. "I wish he'd just wake up. It seems like infinity he's been in this f.cking coma"

"Infinity" agreed Harry and launched into an a cappella version of the song, the others joining in. Zayn shyly singing Niall's part. Some nurses appeared and stood in the doorway listening to the boys as their voices wove together in stunning harmony. Maura's eyes filled with tears as she listened and Bobby wrapped his arm around her shaking shoulders, hugging closely in comfort. The song drifted to it's end and the boys headed out after they had all gently hugged Maura , Bobby and Niall.

Liam received a text summoning them to a meeting with Management. He had an awful feeling they weren't going to like what they were told but he kept his thoughts to himself, unwilling to cause his bandmates any addition stress.

"No, I am sorry, you are doing this. You have no choice. " The Head of Management glared at them. "We can not postpone any more concerts. You'd have to do them if Niall dies, anyway. You'll do it as a three"

"No f.cking way. How dare you! And Niall's not going to die. He can't" Louis shouted, standing up and he   strode out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

"It's not reasonable to expect us to do it. Not without Niall. Surely, it can wait?" Harry pleaded.

"No, and that's my final word on the matter." Stephen sat back with a smirk as Harry and Liam exchanged glances. Harry pushed his chair away as he stood and walked out of the room, his head looking to the floor. He was hoping Louis had calmed down a little as he knew how close to the edge the older man was to breaking down again. He'd need to find him and talk to him before Lou did something they all might regret.

Liam knew it was a battle that they wouldn't win but that didn't mean he was going to go down without a fight. He had an idea but wasn't sure if it was workable and whether management and Zayn, would go for it. It was worth a try.

"Stephen, I get that you want us to do the concerts but I have a suggestion. It's a long shot but ...................................

"Lou,where are you?" Harry called out as he searched the surrounding area. He finally saw Lou curled up in a ball in one of the chairs in the Reception lobby. "You ok?. Harry walked over and scooped the smaller man off the chair and then onto his lap as he sat down. "I left Liam to try and sort something out. Maybe they'll listen". Louis just made a disgusted sound and they sat there in silence until Liam appeared. He had quite a smug look on his face and Harry, for one, was very interested in what Liam had to tell them.

Zayn had arrived back in Niall's room ahead of Liam and watched as a physiotherapist was moving Niall's arms and legs, carefully bending them then straightening them. He methodically went through this routine several times before putting the bedclothes over Niall again. Zayn had got excited the first time he'd got to Niall's room and saw him in a different position but his excitement soon dissipated when he realised that it was because the nursing staff had moved Niall's body to help prevent him getting pressure sores. It wasn't a case of Niall himself moving.

Zayn grabbed a chair and pulled it up to Niall's bedside as he started to chat about his day and what he'd seen on his morning drive to the hospital. Zayn held his hand as the nursing staff said that there was always a possibility that Niall could sense the presence of his visitors. Zayn was beginning to doubt it but still did it as part of him had that 'just in case' feeling.

"I never really noticed, Ni, but your eyes are just like your dad's. Same bright blue, but almost grey at times. And Theo looks so like you. I can imagine you as a toddler now. I wish you'd just wake up, Ni. We all miss you. It would be great to talk to you, you were always just the greatest listener. You never judged me or what I did. And I'm sorry I never talked to you before I left. I just shut you all out. Distanced myself." Zayn sighed and lapsed into silence as he got lost back in his own thoughts. He idly rubbed Niall's leg with his hand, his thoughts far away. Then suddenly he froze and stared down at his hand on Niall's leg. Did it? Did he imagine it?

Niall's leg jerked again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 1.6K 5
Just a little sickfic where the boys think Zayn is faking being sick
119K 3K 200
One shots of Liam sick or hurt and the others take care of him. I don't do Y/N because it confuses me.
39.9K 622 4
Niall's leg is broken while he is sick with a fever and tummy ache. Enjoy! <3 Requested book too.
281K 8.7K 130
Niall finds himself experiencing a collection of small niggling health problems. They irritate him but don't worry him. After all, they are just rand...