Letters from J

By sweet_nightmare92

Megan Fields is uptight and has no time for boys. She's boring and plain and hates parties. And did I mention... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 25

44.2K 1.7K 838
By sweet_nightmare92

This is short. I'm sorry about that. But I have to cut this chapter short (you'll know in the ending why). hehehe.. But then, I hope you still enjoy this quick chapter.. :)

 And this chapter is dedicated to IncrediblyMagical for this beautiful banner! Thank you and I'm so sorry for the delay.. :))

~Beth

~~~~~

"Hey, Meg!" Abby greeted as soon as she open their front door. I ignored her though and ran straight to Josh's bedroom. Back at the living room, I can her Abby calling for me. I don't have time for that though. I have to see Josh. Now.

All good manners and courtesy evaded me as I opened his door without knocking. He was lying on his bed with a book in hand and of course, he looked surprised to see me standing on his door.

"M-Meg?" He frowned. "What are you doing here?"

"It's you, right?" I pointed a finger at him. "He is you."

Josh closed his book and straightened up. "What do you mean?"

"All those letters and other stuff. You were the one who gave them to me, right. You're J." I breathed. Now looking back, I think I should have really considered Josh as the biggest possible J. And somehow, it makes sense. The way my heart flutters when I'm with Josh. The way my heart skips when I read J's letters.

"I can't believe he's actually you." I laughed. "I actually figured you out!"

Josh smiled. "Meg-"

"I cannot believe I didn't realize it sooner!" I walked towards him, not noticing the pile of books on the way making me fall on my back. "Awwww!"

"Meg, you okay?" Josh called.

Looks like I hit my head pretty hard as it looks like Josh's ceiling is spinning. I rubbed my eyes to clear my vision and when I opened my eyes, I'm not staring at Josh's ceiling anymore, but my room's ceiling. I'm not on my bed though. I'm on my floor. No wonder my back hurts.

~~~~~

"So you dreamed about my brother being J." Abby clarified as we walk to first period.

I nodded. "Yep! I think it's because before I fell asleep, I had this assumption and feeling that he is indeed J."

Abby raised an amused eyebrow at me. "You're dreaming about my brother?"

I rolled my eyes at her. "I dreamed about your brother. Which is not the point. The point is that I dreamed that he was J."

A slow grin slowly formed in my best friend's lips. "You're dreaming about Josh. My brother Josh. You are so in-like with him!"

I laughed and threw a scratch paper at her. "Shut up!"

"You should just confront Josh about it. I suggest you go to his room tonight, grab his shirt, and tell him, 'Just shut up, Josh, and just kiss me now'" Abby made puckering sounds making me laugh harder.

"I. Am. Never. Gonna. Do. That."

"Oh come on, it's not so hard." She rolled her eyes. "You just have to pucker your lips, part them sli-"

"Okay, shut up!" I raised both of my hands in front of her. "You are not gonna tell me that."

"Whatever! o when are you gonna confront my brother about it?"

"I am not."

Abby stopped arranging her already neat skirt and frowned at me. "What?"

"I am not. We will have to caught him in the act of being J."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to be wrong again. We need strong evidence besides my dream."

"You mean your girly crushy dream?"

I threw Abby another scratch paper as she ran ahead of me, laughing.

~~~~~

"How long do we have to stay here?" Abby complained as we waited and hid a few lockers from my locker. "This is the third day of our stalking. Still no sign of him."

I slapped her arm softly. "Shut up. Just a little bit longer."

"How do you even know he'll come?"

"I don't. That's why we are waiting here." I looked apologetically at her.

"You, my friend, are insane." She laughed softly. "And desperate."

"As if you didn't give this idea."

"We have been here for two hours already. No sign of J or otherwise known as possibly my brother." 

"Let's just wait a little longer, okay?"

I haven't received any letter from J recently. Which made me just even more curious to reveal him. And if I have to take my chances by waiting to see when he'll drop another letter at my locker, I will. As of now, J is the biggest mystery in my life. And I hate mysteries.

"I'm not him."

Abby and I both turned to where the voice came from. Behind us, Josh stood with both his hands inside his pockets, looking down. 

"What did you say?" I frowned at him.

Josh sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "No matter how much I want to be him, I'm not. I'm sorry, Meg. I overheard you and Abby talking a few days ago. I'm sorry. I'm not J. James is."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

802K 19.4K 48
Ariana Martin is a senior at Crystal High. She's the girl who gets the good grades, and stays home on weekends instead of going out and partying. She...
1.3M 43.7K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
400K 11.2K 40
Kierra Rogers is a shy, smart student who stays out of the spotlight. She also has a secret and a past that still effects her. Jordan Williams is the...
224K 6K 34
Jessica is your everyday not-so-stereotypical nerd. She does not act like regular nerds, who are obsessed with having perfect grades, although she is...