The Billionaires Revenge. [Ne...

Bởi KoraRae

RATED PG- For language. Elizabeth Lawson is the heiress of a billion dollar corporation. She cares deeply for... Xem Thêm

Prologue - 1
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Letter To Axel Halbridge.
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter 18
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Epilogue
AN: Announcement.

Chapter Six

37.2K 1.2K 36
Bởi KoraRae

Axel gave me the silent treatment in the drive to the charity event. He sulked like Athena would and seeing a grown man act that way should have been annoying but I found it surpringly endearing. Our limo ride was surprisingly long and painfully quiet. Hamilton had kicked him out of the changing room as he had insisted on doing my hair and make up in that moment. I got a half-up, half-down up do with wisps of hair framing my face. He placed sparkling pins in my hair that looked like diamonds. My make up was light but accentuated my green eyes. I wore the diamond covered shoes that I wanted to use on Axel and a few diamond accessories.

He hadn't even told me that I looked nice!

"Axel." I said tiredly,

He humph'ed at me and scooted further away from me. We were almost there and if he couldn't stand being in the same car as me I doubted we could pull off happy couple. I was getting frustrated, I would not be made a fool of in front of the rich snobs in high society. That was the main reason we had avoided events like this, they wanted to talk business and money. Holidays in Venice and their million dollar beach houses. We had things like that but never felt the need to boast about it, my nerves were at the last straw and I snapped a little,

"For Gods sake Axel! What the hell is your problem!?" I all but screamed at him.

He spun around quickly and was in my face in seconds, "You are supposed to be mine!" He hissed, "Spending time in a dressing room with another man-"

I grabbed his suit and pulled him to me, I pressed my lips on his and very dominantly shut him up. His arms snaked around my waist and pulled me to him, he hiked my dress up and sat me on his lap and grabbed the back of my neck, deepening the kiss.

I pulled away and rested my forehead on his, "Were you jealous?" I asked.

He pouted at me as the car stopped, I climbed off of him and shook my head, the driver opened my door and offered me a hand and I had that Hollywood moment where I step flawlessly out of the limo and into a sea of flashing lights. I swallowed hard and turned to the door waiting for Axel, as he got out of the car I tiptoed to whisper in his ear,

"Hamilton is gay, idiot."

He smiled at him and he beamed at me leaning down to peck my lips, it was soft and warm, almost like a lover. I don't and will not deny the sexual tension that is constantly hanging over our heads. Love and lust are two different things but with him acting like a jealous husband made me feel warm. I was feeling things I shouldn't. I looked up at him with a soft smile and he placed his hand around me and we walked into the building. People asking who I was, then somebody dropped my name and Axel addressed the press, stating that he and I were newly dating. I smiled next to him and agreed.

We made it into the building after that, the press swarming like frenzied bees after that. Axel had a self-satisfied smile on his face and I slapped his hard, chiselled chest, "Did you have to do that?" I glowered at him.

He smiled and kissed me temple and with his lips still there he murmured into my hair,

"That's for letting me think he had a chance."

I pulled away from him as we got into the ballroom and glared a little at him. I had to remember that he was using me, that he wanted revenge, he was trying to make me fall in love with him, I knew there was an alternative motive and I dreaded what was in store for me. I know he wants to break my heart.

He wants me to hurt.

Knowing all this I still can't help but be drawn to him. I feel a connection to him through Athena. We share a child for fucks sake. I can't help but feel something toward him, without my control. It is going to get me hurt.

I stormed to the bar trying to forget these feelings, I want to distance myself and be the cold and heartless CEO I was trained to be, but he gets under my skin.

I drank down the scotch in one mouthful then grabbed a glass of champagne to return to my date for the night. I cringed in disgust when I spotted three woman fawning all over him and decided against returning to his side, instead I decided to socialise a little. A dashing man with deep blue eyes, blonde spiked hair and a business boy smile approached me. He held his hand out to me and with my free hand I shook his.

"Alistair James."

I smiled politely, "Elizabeth Lawson."

His eyes widened and he smirked seductively, "Ahh, CEO to Lawson Inc. You're more beautiful than the tabloids stated."

I laughed lightly at his compliment and pulled my hand from his, "Charming," I smirked, "You know about me, it's a bit of an unfair advantage would you not agree?"

I sipped my alcohol, needing something to get my through the night if whose genitals were largest, "Forgive me, CEO of Grant Holdings,"

I know that company! "Ahh, an oil man!" He confirms my knowledge and nods.

"So, not to be rude, but I was sure you were not on the list, I can only assume you have a date?"

"Yes," I reply dryly, "He appears to be entertaining other guests however."

I turned to look at Axel who seemed to be openly flirting with the other women. I gritted my teeth at him making a complete fool out of me and leaving. If this was how the night would go then there was no need for me to be here. I was not some accessory that would hang off his arm to make him look good in public. As if he could feel my gaze his eyes met mine, golden to green, and I looked away, turning my attention to my current company.

"Well Elizabeth, if I were your date I'd not leave your side for one moment."

I smiled at his words and wished they had come from someone else, but I dare not name him. He already had taken possession of most of my thoughts, I did not wish to say his name, even if it were in my head.

"You're too kind Alistair." He gave me a boyish grin, dimples and all, the kind of look that would have women swooning at his feet, begging for his attention, even if for only a night. I felt like I was immune. I really had been ruined by Halbridge and he didn't even have to do much.

"Well," He said with a hint of amusement, "My job is done, I hope you enjoy your evening," He said tipping his glass to me. I frowned as he leaned in and whispered in my ear leaving me more confused than I already was.

"A little competition never hurt anyone."

I was perplexed. I felt Axel before I saw him, he pulled my body into him and kissed my temple, a gesture he'd been doing a lot recently. I'd been having a hard time convincing myself that it wasn't affection. My inner romantic wanted to swoon for this man and wanted him in more ways than just his body. I could feel his heart beating in his chest on my back as he gave me a small hug and asked me what Alistair had said to me. I bit my lip and looked up at him, wondering why he was so possessive. He was just flirting blatantly with other women! I held my tongue though, I didn't want him to think I had noticed, I didn't want him to think that I was bothered by it. I was bothered by it, and I told myself that it was because I had a loyal reputation and being treated the way he was treating me made me look like a pushover.

I tried to ignore him, but the guy is damn persistent when he wants to be so I told him what Alistair had said. It had no meaning to me, but it only served to sour Axel's mood further.

He refused to leave my side after that and I kind of preferred him to go flirt now. His presence was so, intoxicating and imposing that I found it harder to engage in conversations. He had one arm constantly draped or wrapped around me and after my fourth glass of champagne it didn't bother me much. I loosened up and went with the flow of everything and slowly Axel became more tolerable, whether it was is mood or the alcohol I couldn't answer. I extended my arm for another glass but was cut off when Axel asked me to dance.

I looked between the alcohol and Axel's hand, weighing my options up. With my indecision in my eyes Axel seemed to get impatient and took my hand and escorted me to the dance floor. There were older couples dancing slowly to the classical music, I put my hands on Axel's shoulders and looked up at him, I was never good at dancing because I never let the man lead, I didn't like to follow, but Axel didn't really give me a choice, he started to move and I followed. We moved gracefully and mostly due to Axel's lead, despite me trying to fight it, I kept following him. My nose crinkled in protest at our dancing and he grinned,

"Why are you living with your parents?"

My face blanked and I looked up at Axel, his eyes searching mine. I chewed on my lip, there were so many reasons why I was staying there. I couldn't tell him any, my father's heart attack? His daughter? I had enough money to live without them, but I wasn't. I tilted my head and smirked ay him, this line worked in the movies, I leaned forward and put my lips to his ear as he moved closer to me,

"If I told you, I'd have to kill you," I whispered.

I felt him chuckle against me as his arms tightened and he pulled me closer, I sighed and ended up with my head on his chest and I fought to relax in his arms, the night was going beautifully and we were having fun, well, I was having fun.

Now here we are dancing so close, like long time lovers and I couldn't handle this anymore, this confusion and these high school games, I wasn't interested in them and I wasn't interested in this.

I managed, the rest of the right to shut down my feelings and play this role. What I couldn't understand was that we had slept together twice, he told me he wanted to destroy me once, we talked on the phone and then there was today. I was seriously confused by this man's motives, and even if I was somewhat interested in the mystery, I knew that I was going to get burned.

We were in the limo on the way back to my parents place, he wouldn't dare barge into my parents place right? That was just disrespectful. Axel had been trying to talk to me but I didn't want a bar of it, I said I was tired and I needed rest. My night was mostly good until I saw a person, one being that seemed to destroy my mood. When the car stopped at my parents door I got out quickly on to be followed. I didn't want to talk about it, about us, about this, but he was determined.

"Ellie," He said softly, taking my hand, I stopped and turned around to look at him. "What's wrong?"

I snapped. "What's wrong?! What's wrong? The thing that is wrong here Axel, is the fact that we slept together 5 years ago and then you come back into my life saying that I deserve to have my life ruined for protecting my brother from your sister! Then you come to my apartment and... God I don't even know what it is that you did to me, then your sister swoops in snaps a photo and all of a sudden I'm your bitch! You take me out to a charity, flirt up a storm with other women and then get annoyed at me for talking to one guy! You act like a real boyfriend and want to know all my secrets, like you're not going to use them against me. What are we doing Axel? What is this? I just... I'm over it, do whatever you want. I'm done Axel."

I sighed and walked to the door, away from him, unlocking it and going inside without looking back. I closed the door and let out a deep breath. When the light turned on I saw my friends, sitting there, waiting for me. They had ice cream and all a girls best things. I smiled and sat in the middle of them.

After some time my parents joined us, Lyndon and Cindy. We all laughed and joked happily, I felt like part of me was missing, a hole or something. I hated that Axel's absence was something I noticed and wanted to fix.

We were all laughing, I had told then everything about my night except one thing, that bad feeling in the pit of my stomach was surfacing again. Cindy noticed my silence and smiled at me,

"Thanks for the Allan thing today by the way."

I gave her a curt smile and she worried her lip and sighed,

"Okay El, cut the shit, what's the real problem."

I looked at her suddenly. The people in the room all looked at me suspiciously and I could not get away from this situation, even if I wanted to, they needed to know.

"I saw Anita at the benefit."

קק×

So short chapter here, I have no excuses, suffer?

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

39 0 16
STORY IS *American English* When housekeeper Everleigh Kingston stumbles into billionaire Jaxon Van Dolce, the last thing she expected was to find h...
250K 6.7K 21
"Sweetheart you have no idea what you do to me when you wear my clothes like that" He whispered in my ear as he gently bit my earlobe. ******...
585K 14.9K 42
I looked at his eyes and put up a strong face. His eyes bore into mine as much as mine into his. It was like he could read my mind and reach out to m...
2.3M 81K 58
Twenty-one and ready to take on the world, orphan Lizzie Gold didn't expect her chance encounter with a stranger to lead to a damnable task - to take...