A Rainy Tuesday || larry

By gaysicle

••complete 2014•• on a rainy tuesday a gun was fired ten times within their high school. one loved the shoote... More

Prologue
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
Twenty Two.
Twenty Three.
Epilogue

Eighteen.

17K 1K 1.6K
By gaysicle

Harry wakes up to empty sheets and the smell of body wash. He groans as he stretches and blinks the sleep from his eyes. He can see the blankets ruffled from where Louis slept and he turns lazily to see Louis drying his hair with a towel and boxers covering him.

"Oh well good morning," Harry smirks as he gets a good glance at Louis' butt. It always looks good, but with only boxers on Harry is in love.

"Morning, love. Sleep well?" Louis asks, not disturbed by Harry's gawking. He walks over to his drawers and pulls out a pair of jeans that he slides up his legs and does a little dance into.

"Yeah I did. Still sleepy though," Harry admits, a giant yawn falling from his lips.

"Go back to sleep then. You don't have to be up," Louis tells him. He slides a shirt over his head and Harry watches as he goes to the mirror to fix his hair.

"I'd sleep better if you were here," Harry tells him softly. Louis looks over his shoulder at him and rolls his eyes. He walks over anyways and lies down next to the sleepy boy.

"You're ridiculous," Louis mutters and Harry smiles as he places his face in his neck and wraps himself around the other boy.

"You enjoy my ridiculousness," Harry grins and Louis sighs softly and gently runs his fingers through Harry's long hair.

"Sadly I do. We should go upstairs soon if we want breakfast," Louis mumbles out. Harry wants to object because he's warm and comfy, but his stomach growls and Louis let's out a loud laugh as Harry blushes.

"I guess I could eat," Harry admits, but the two still don't move. Louis places a small kiss to his forehead and continues to run his fingers softly through his hair. "No food?" Harry asks lightly and Louis sighs and gently pulls away.

"Yes food. I just really didn't want to get up," Louis admits. He stands up and stretches revealing his cute tummy and Harry can't help but smile. He hasn't smiled so much after waking up since before that day. He never smiled unless he woke up next to Chad and now Louis is making him smile.

Harry also manages to stand up and his eyes still feel heavy from sleep. He slept in his clothes from last night and shrugs as he looks down at them. They're not too bad. A plain white shirt and grey sweatpants.

"Do you want to brush your teeth? I went to the dentist like a week ago and they gave me a new toothbrush I haven't opened yet," Louis offers. Harry just nods and Louis leads him around a corner and into the washroom. It's not a big space, but it has a stand up shower and enough counter space. Louis reaches into a drawer and pulls out a toothbrush package which he also opens for Harry. He passes him that and his toothpaste and then walks out of the tiny space.

"You're not going to sit in here with me?" Harry pouts and Louis peaks his head back in and gives him a confused look.

"If you want I can. I was going to find you some clean clothes," Louis tells him. Harry let's him go and Louis comes back in shortly with a pile of clothes and he sets them down on the counter. Harry's mouth is full of foam and Louis laughs as he moves to sit on the toilet. He watches as the boy scrubs and he hums a small song. Harry spits out everything and rinses his mouth and smiles widely.

"All clean," he hums happily and Louis just gets this soft, fond look on his face. Harry really can never think of a time someone looked at him like that. Not even Chad.

"Yeah. You can change and then we'll go upstairs and join my parents," Louis says and his voice is soft now, almost hypnotic and Harry can't take his eyes off of him. Such a weird moment to share in the washroom. One of pure connection.

Louis stands from where he was sitting and moves to Harry. He places a small kiss on his lips that Harry thinks is too short and leaves the room, shutting the door behind him. Harry sighs and moves to change his clothing. Louis' clothes are loose, but short which Harry finds cute. The boy isn't much smaller than him so the size isn't too bad, but Harry can tell when he looks in the mirror everything doesn't fit.

"Lou, you're so short," Harry says as he walks out of the washroom. Louis looks up from his phone and smiles slightly at the sight of him.

"I know. Not too bad though," he shrugs and Harry purses his lips, but doesn't make a comment. Louis just starts to walk towards the stairs and stops when he reaches the bottom and realizes Harry isn't following. "You coming?"

Harry hesitates briefly and then slowly starts to follow the other boy. Louis practically skips up the stairs and Harry can feel a giant ball of anxiety form in his stomach. Will Louis' parents be okay that he stayed over? Maybe they hate him because of what happened? What if they don't think he fits in with them because he's just a regular middle class kid?

They reach the top and Louis' already in the kitchen, talking away to his family. Harry hesitates around the corner and tries to get his breathing normal.

"How was your sleep?" A woman's voice fills the air and Harry knows it's Louis' mother. Her voice is soft and not loud like Louis' can be. It's gentile and warm and sweet.

"Good. Had someone to help me through," Louis' voice comes in. He sounds more energetic around his parents. Any hint of sadness or anxiety washed away.

"Is she still here?" A man's voice asks and Harry freezes. She? He looks down at himself and shakes his head. He's definitely a he.

"Yes he's still here," Louis tells them. Harry's cheeks expand as he holds his breath and waits for a moment to run.

"Oh. I thought you didn't go for boys anymore... After last time..."

"Yeah well he's special. Harry! Come here!" Louis shouts. Harry is prepared to run. He can just run out their front door, but he stops himself and steps into the view of the Tomlinson family. Louis is smiling widely at him and his parents examine him briefly.

"Hi," Harry awkwardly greets them, scratching the back of his neck. This is truly awful. His parents probably hate him and they don't even know him yet. Why aren't they speaking?

"Your moms a teacher," Louis' mom finally speaks and Harry nods slowly. "Anne right? She's so sweet. She bought some art from me for her office."

Harry relaxes slightly when she mentions his mom being sweet. He smiles softly and jumps when he feels Louis' small hands gently touch him. He didn't realize the boy had moved.

"Relax, H," Louis whispers to him and Harry nods and follows Louis to the kitchen table.

"How did you know I was her son?" Harry asks when he sits down. Louis' hand sits on his thigh and he gives him a small squeeze of reassurance.

"There was a picture of you and your sister on her desk. She just lights up when talking about you two," Louis' mother smiles and Harry can feel himself warm up.

"She's amazing. What artwork did you sell her?" Harry asks curiously. He's been in his moms office so many times he can picture everything.

"The pond with all the flowers and trees."

"I love that piece! She told me she bought it from a secret source," Harry laughs and he can see Louis smiling at him from the corner of his eye.

"Not so secret anymore," Louis joins in.

"I don't think we even introduced ourselves. I'm Tom and that's Jay," the man cooking finally speaks to Harry and Harry turns to shake his hand and offer a shy smile.

"I'm Harry. Louis' uh friend," Harry introduces himself officially and the two adults smile warmly at him. He feels want around the family. They seem almost normal and completely happy, like the events never got into their house to destroy everything.

"I hope you like pancakes, Harry," Tom grins and then he's back to the stove. The three at the table have the classic small talk conversation where Harry answers basic questions and Louis blushes anytime his parents bring up anything about him.

The food is served and Harry devours the fruit and pancakes like an animal. Honestly, he should be more self conscious but he's really hungry and the food tastes amazing. Louis just laughs as Harry gets syrup on his nose and the boy gently gets it off.

"Sorry," Harry whispers to him as Louis uses his napkin to get it off.

"Don't be. What time do you have to leave?" Louis asks and Harry can feel his face pale. His mom didn't know he went out last night. He stands from the table abruptly and everyone looks at him confused

"I'm sorry I have to go home. My mom will be worried. Thank you for this. Sorry," Harry rushes out. He can't leave the house fast enough and he knows he's going to be grounded.

•••

"Where are you going?" Anne calls as Harry slips on his shoes. He sighs and turns to face his angry mother. He's grounded and she won't let him out of her sight.

"I'm going to sit on the porch. I won't leave the property," Harry promises. She narrows her eyes, but nods and Harry slips through his front door and into the fresh air. He called Louis earlier to apologize again about leaving so fast, but Louis understood. Louis always understands and Harry admires that about him.

"Sitting alone?" A familiar voice speaks up. Harry watches as the smoke leaves Niall's lips as he smiles at Harry.

"Yeah and we should keep it that way," Harry mutters and to his dismay Niall just laughs loudly and moves forward.

"I won't be mean. Promise," Niall says and Harry rolls his eyes, but let's the boy sit on his steps and continue to smoke.

"Where's your friend?" Harry wonders and Niall just closes his eyes as he inhales and exhales deeply.

"With your friend. They get along well," Niall explains softly. He doesn't seem jealous about that fact in the slightest.  

"That's good. Is that why you're being nice to me? Because you have no one else?" Harry asks and then he immediately feels bad, but the blonde boy laughs and smiles at him.

"Nah. I just don't have the energy to be mean today," Niall tells him and Harry rolls his eyes, but accepts that.

The two sit in silence for a long time and it's not awkward or uncomfortable. Harry wonders if maybe him and Niall could be friends one day. The frenemy act is starting to get old and they're older now.

"Are you dating Tomlinson?" Niall speaks and Harry jumps at the sound of his voice. He bites his lip at the question and Niall's blue eyes watch him closely.

"I guess so," Harry manages out. He clears his throat after and Niall just nods.

"I'm not trying to be a dick so don't get mad, but I have a question."

Harry sighs and mentally prepares himself for something mean and cold from Niall. Of course they can't have one nice day.

"Do you think you could ever love Louis like you loved him?"

Harry stops at the question. There's no teasing, no mean intent. Harry furrows his brow as he ponders over it. He thinks about how much kinder Louis is to him, how his smile can turn Harry's whole day around. He thinks about his cute laugh and his talents and his compassion. He thinks about how much he still loves Chad, though the love feels so weird. There's no reason for it, but God it's still so real. Then he thinks about Louis and he knows that's real too.

"It's scary," Harry admits slowly, "but I think I could love him more and it will hurt more when it ends."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 166 10
Harry checks Twitter only to find out that a meteor is due to hit earth in five days. His first thought, Louis. Louis fucking Tomlinson. How could he...
47.3K 828 8
These are some Larry Stylinson one shots I have written in my spare time. I suck at writing series so I hope I don't suck at these. Vote or leave a c...
220K 2.8K 200
Larry one shots All will have happy endings. I'm always open to requests wither comment them on the request page or message me not a lot of stuff i...
26.7K 876 34
Sometimes you can't let go of what is making you sad because it is the only thing making you happy. ✨ WARNINGS: PHYSICAL/MENTAL ABUSE, MENTIONS OF...