Tokyo Ghoul - NEST

By FallenJester3

"Do you enjoy a Good end, or a Bad end?" "Aren't they the same thing?" "How so?" "No one has the right to say... More

Prologue
Escape from Solitary
A Normal Errand
The New Residents
Under Cover
The Mask Maker
Curing What Can't be Cured
The Plan to "Buzz Off"
The Choice, and a Highway Shootout
The Old Man and Dreams
Re
The File that Marks Life or Death
Hostage Situation
Letting the Monster Loose
What Does She Want?
Lazy Days
New Faces
Going Back
Talking French
In the Dark
Clues in Plain Sight
Delay for Home
Tsukiyama Residence
Control
Other Self
1000 - 7...
Not You...
Aftermath
Waking to a "Beautiful" Sight
Meetings
Follower
Fake Friendship
Quinx
Auction
Chaos
Voting poll!
Kakuja
God of Death
Gone
Silently Suffering
Time, Slowly Passing
The Bandaged Girl
Date with a Celebrity
Accept it
The Levin I Know
Say It!
She's Hungry! (For Me!)
Bookstore and a Bath
Through Whispering Thoughts
Hold Up
Acceptance
Kaneki Ken
Quiet, Once Again
Mom & Dad
Favorite Coffee
Unexpected Party
Scars
Women Are Needy
Preparation
Start of Operations
Trap
Melancholy
The Nutcracker
Torso
Jasons Legacy
Mister Nice Guy
Job
A Memory Filled Storm
Last Meeting
Anteiku
H Cell
Plans for Dates
The Calm Before the Storm
Storm Approaches
Orca
Broke Once Again
Sorrow
The Words of a Lost Friend
After the Storm
Turning your Back
No Matter What
Realization
The Aogiri Spy
Eye Patch
Teacher
Consideration
Mixed Feelings
To be Missed
Takatsuki Sen
Hidden Pain
Smell
Decisions
Without a Trace
Initiation
Lab Raid
Tools
Pinnacle of Insanity
Floppy
Remember
Don't...
Different
Fear over Love
White Christmas
End of the Chase
Intense Questioning
Looming Darkness
Vincent Valhalla
Flames Grow Taller
Not the Same
Bitter Reunion
Unexpected Friendship
Forgiveness
Target for Extermination
Stronger Bonds
RC Gates
Not Sorry
Ready?
Stronger than Before
Opposite Sides of the Same Coin
Make Them Hate
Thanks for the Memories
Miracles Don't Exist
All in Vain...?
Those Three Words
Seperated
Let it Out
The Hidden Error
Favorite Books, Secret Meanings
Next Move
Pawn
The Fight Draws Near
Newfound Hope
Sins of a Prophet
"I'll Be Back"
Lulluby for the Owl
The Foolish Plan
Infamous Clown
Riki Hada
The Reaper Knows Death
The Cruel One (Bonus Questionnaire)
I'm So Lonely Without You
Favorite Meal
Truths from Family
Snow White
The One Eyed King
King & Crow
The MIA Dove
Half of a Promise
Old Friend
Seidou Takizawa
The Journal
Where's The Frenchy?
Mouse Hunt
The Circus Is In Town
Clowning Around
Insane Love
The Fake Kings Ideal
Failure
Nightmares of Truth
Nashiro Yasuhisa
The Crows Ideal
Betrayal
Reaction
Beginning of the End
Destroy Everything
Binge Eater
Dead End
King vs Crow
Blood in the Street
Not -Alone- Anymore
Zealous Act
Clown Parade
No Escape
Rize Kamishiro
A Sea View
Building a New Future
Kurona Yasuhisa
The Planned Finale
Cruise to Valhalla
Short Reunions
Fall
Clipped Wings
Levin Seto
Black and White (Epilogue)
Part 1 Author Notes

Stealth At Its Best

699 39 10
By FallenJester3

" True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen."
- Francois de La Rochefocauld

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaneki POV

"You want me to do what?" I asked, tilting my head in confusion.

Yomo had come to visit Nest yesterday, and had a request he directed towards me, catching me off guard.

"I want you to fill in for me at Re so I can go do some business." Yomo explained.

Working at Re? I don't know if I'd be good at it, I don't have any confidence that I remember how to brew coffee as good as I used to.

And... do my old subordinates still go there?

Yomo seemed to be reading my mind. "Your old squad members don't go there anymore. I wouldn't worry about it." He said.

Levin, who sat beside me, gave me a grin, looking up from his studies that I have been instructing him on for about two weeks now.

"Go ahead. I'll just review until you get back. Plus, I have something I need to go do in my free time." He said, scratching his cheek.

Levin is a very exceptional student. If he wasn't here and not labeled as dangerous by CCG, I bet he could've made it into Kimi, the University I went to.

He has huge determination to do what he said, which makes me happy. Even if it's a goal that seems far away, I hope one day he does the impossible. Not for me, I don't need it. That life of isn't for me anymore.

I give a slight nod to him. "Okay then. I'll fill in for you, Yomo." I said, giving him a small smile.

Yomo gave me a small bow of gratitude. "Thank you. It's tomorrow in the morning all the way to around six in the afternoon." He said.

"An all day shift? I guess I need something to do besides teaching." I said, standing and automatically reaching for my mask, stopping before I grab it.

Do I need this for what I'm doing? No, but I can at least bring it with me, just in case. I stuff the mask into my bag and head out, wanting to get a head start on my job.

- - -

I arrived early, and was already dressed in the uniform. I felt a strange sense of nostalgia wearing something like this. But I felt a smile from on my lips.

Apparently Touka wasn't awake at the moment, so maybe I should set everything up before she wakes? I quickly get things together and clean the place, sparkly and everything.

Dusting, mopping, wiping, and doing a lot of dish cleaning. Why didn't Touka do this before today? Was she beginning to slack? Now that you think about it, I haven't seen Touka in awhile.

I finish cleaning everything and look at the clock, I still have around an hour and a half before Re opens. I look behind the counter and head back, seeing some stairs to the second floor.

I make my way up the stairs, being a bit quiet as I do this. Soon, I find myself on the second floor. It hits me that this place is modeled almost exactly like Anteiku.

I stop at the door labeled as "Touka Kirishima", and give it a light knock. There is no answer. I give it a harder knock to be sure, but I get the same outcome.

I open the door cautiously. "Touka, I'm coming in." I said.

As I enter, I see things lined up in the kitchen, pans and ladle sitting around, old food stuck to them. She hasn't been doing much of her own dishes either.

I look to the bed and get a sight I wasn't expecting.

Touka was in bed, sleeping very soundly. I didn't make a sound, all I could hear now was mine and her breathes. Her indigo hair was in her face, and she wore nothing but a black T shirt.

Her long legs sprawled across the mattress, and I couldn't help but stare. My eye sight went up and down her body, the smoothness of her skin making me wonder what it feels like.

I give myself a light shake of my head to snap out of it and walk over to the side of her bed, and push the hair out of her face. She didn't stir a bit.

So defenceless, I'll need to warn her about her posture while sleeping, she should be more prepared. After I'm done staring, I move myself to the kitchen and begin doing the dishes, cleaning up the pots and cleaning the counter.

I grab another blanket and put it over Touka, before leaving silently like a cat. I slip downstairs and into the counter, checking the time again.

I still had an hour left until opening. I sigh and sit down behind the counter, resting my head on it. My vision blurs and I find my mind wondering off. I close my eyes and fall deeply into sleep.

But it seemed before I was completely into the realm of dreams, I heard foot steps above in the second floor. Was she awake now? Good, now I can scold her.

I get up quickly and wander back up stairs and knock on the door. For some reason I get no answer, so I open the door.

I froze in place as I caught the sight in the room. Touka hadn't noticed I was interested room yet, which was probably why she had ear phones on, listening to music.

She was getting dressed!

Think Ken think!

Think quick before this becomes a disaster and she sees you!

I quickly dart behind the kitchen counter in her room, crouching stealthily as she looked in the direction of the door. At least that was what I caught before I lunged down behind here.

Did she see me?

"Hmm. Did I leave the door open last night?" She asked herself, walking to the door.

Wait! Shit! If she walks over to the door and closes it, once she turns she'll see me for sure! Crap, I need to act fast!

The foot steps were getting closer! I could feel cold sweat going over me already, I gulped as I peered over the edge, seeing her only a few feet away.

Now!

Just as she passed the kitchen and went to the door, closing it, I rolled over the counter silently, crouching on the other side. I let out a sigh in relief, but quickly correct my thoughts.

Didn't I just make it so once she passes the counter again she'll see me! And now she doesn't have a distraction!

I look around hastily as I hear her foot steps again. I lay my eyes down on the controller to the TV, and I quickly snatch it up, pressing the on button.

The TV turned on, the news coming on, talking about weather today and such, apparently today was going to be cloudy, with a chance of rain.

I stop listening to the news as Touka walks to the TV, past me. She passed not four feet away from me, making me freeze in place. She scratched her head once reaching it.

"Where did I leave the remote?" She asked herself, beginning to look around.

I roll over the counter again, and hide in the kitchen as she searches. I put the controller on the counter and Touka picks it up, looking puzzled. But she doesn't turn the TV off, but turns it up so she can listen to it.

She pulled her ear phones out so she could listen to the news, while I slipped open the door, and headed into the hall towards freedom.

Once making it all the way downstairs, I silently sit on the seat behind the counter once more, and let out a huge sigh of relief.

"I think I just lost a few years of my life." I mumbled, laying my head on the counter.

Just after I say this, Touka comes out of the door way behind the counter and lays eyes on me, looking bewildered by me being here.

"K-Kaneki? What are you doing here?" She asked, looking confused.

"Filling in for Yomo today. He said he had business." I mumbled, still feeling vulnerable.

"What's wrong? You look pale." She said, leaning close and feeling my forehead. "Hmm."

I feel my cheeks warm and I look away from her eyes. But Touka didn't seem to notice and looked over at the door. "Then let's open a bit early, shall we? I'm gonna work you to the bone today." She said, a small smirk on her face.

I let out a small nervous chuckle and watch her flip the sign from closed to open.

I get the feeling today will be nice.

(I could barely hold my laughter at this part. Stealthy Kaneki is stealthy. Nonetheless I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day!) - MnMs171

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378 46 25
people often ask me how love feels like, i could simply answer them that the definition of love is different for everyone, not just for different sto...
1.3K 116 44
I used to be normal. I was a 17 year old girl, with one more year left of high school. And everything used to be fine. But then they showed up. That'...
Gold ✓ By Alexa

Short Story

29.5K 1.4K 13
| Rumpelstiltskin Retelling | He placed the knife on her lap and started talking again, "You see the thing is, you're lucky to escape with your life...
1.1K 127 18
"What do you call a fish wearing a bowtie?" Instantly, Sawyer frowns, an unimpressed expression on his face. I continue to smile at him, urging him...