Mated To A Jerk |✓

By ranchchips

Being mated to the future alpha isn't a breeze, especially for Cassandra. Wanna know why? Because he's a flat... More

|1|
|2|
|3|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
|53|
|54|
|55|

|4|

21.4K 509 81
By ranchchips

Mandy Ross ^

As I watched Chase's anger unfold I mentally laughed in his face. Why was he confronting me about this? Did he already give up? I mean, Palmer just asked me on a date, not relationship status worthy yet. How did he even find out already anyway?

"If you don't care about me, your mate, then why do you care if I date someone else? You didn't want anything to do with me in the first place..." I stated. His jaw clenched along with his fists that were at his sides. Students walked fast past us to get on the bus or in their cars. They didn't want to be caught eavesdropping by Chase. 

"Do you not understand werewolves? I don't control this jealousy towards you and another man, my wolf does." He said through gritted teeth. 

"So you're jealous." I smirked at him as he grunted in frustration. 

"Look, just stay away from him, alright?" He ordered. 

"We'll see." I answered, turning on my heels as my hair whipped his face. This felt good, having control over someone's feelings, but I wanted him to want me, not feel a need for me.

"You look great!" Mandy squealed clapping her hands. I laughed, twirling as I looked in the mirror. Ameth sighed at me as she caught hold of my forearm and stopped me.

"Don't ruin your hair yet." She scolded. We just finished my hair, so I could see why she would get angry. 

"Sorry."

The doorbell rang, causing Mandy to squeal again and follow Ameth and me down the stairs. 

"Have fun." She whispered before I opened the door. They were hiding so they could be close enough to hear. 

"You look great." He grinned as I blushed. 

"Thanks." I fixed my skirt that had rode up too far on my butt as I walked down the driveway and into his car. Truth is, I hated having my hair and makeup done, and wearing skirts.

"Nice car." I complimented. 

"Thanks, it was a hand-me-down." He dismissed. This was a little awkward, but I had to change that, and fast.

His house was huge, and I mean it. 

I met his mom who was in the kitchen cleaning up from dinner before we made it to his room, which was a big disaster. Who takes the girl to meet the mom on the literal first date?

"Sorry about that. She gets excited when she sees a girl enter the house with me." Palmer laughed and sat next to me on one of his chairs. 

"It's fine, she was nice." I don't know why he was apologizing because she was super sweet, I was just nervous and awkward.

"She'll probably be ecstatic when your mate walks in with you." I smiled. 

"She knows I don't want a mate, and she doesn't know if I'll ever cave to having one so this gets her excited." Palmer explained. I nodded in understanding. 

"I hope you'll find someone who you'll love." I whispered. 

"I don't know." He replied quietly. 

"Why's that?"

"I can't love." He looked at me with a pleading look as if he wanted me to end it now. I did in a different way, not exactly ready to allow him to spill his heart out. This was faster than I was hoping to take it. I wasn't ready to exactly allow him to open up.

I got up from the chair and leaned down to Palmer who was still sitting. I placed my mouth on his,  locking in a demanding kiss. 

I ended up on his lap with my arms around his neck. His hands were at my sides, moving around. It was a perfect moment, until he ended it. 

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. I smirked and ran my finger along his jaw. 

"Yes." I answered then enveloped him in another kiss. Except I wanted those words to come from Chase. And at that thought my heart ached, so I kissed Palmer harder.

"So he just asked you out like that?" Mandy cleared. I nodded, pleased with my success. I liked Palmer, but a piece of me knew that he shouldn't be a part of my game. But it was something that kept me happy, something Chase didn't do. 

There was a ding in the silenced air from the main hall that broke me out of my thoughts. I couldn't back out now because I knew it was affecting Chase already, and he doesn't even know we're together now. It's fast, I know, but I needed it to be that way.

"Drew's coming over, is that okay?" She asked. 

"Yeah, sure." Ameth answered running a hand through her hair. 

"Good because he's already in the driveway." She giggled and hopped off the couch to the door. She swung the door open and jumped in Drew's arms. They do this about every time they see each other even if it's just been a couple hours. It's adorable actually. I wish Chase did that to me. Cut it out Cassandra.

Before I knew it Mandy was already sitting on top of Drew who was also on the couch. 

"Can we hear about how he asked you?" Mandy asked. My eyes went wide as I shook my head. Not with Chase's best friend in the room. 

"It's okay if I hear." Drew said in a sarcastic high pitched girl voice. I rolled my eyes.

"You'll just tell Chase, and that won't help anything." I answered. 

"Why would I tell Chase? What does he have to do with it?" Drew asked completely serious. My face went white as I held my breath. 

"He- he didn't tell you?" Ameth asked surprised as much as me. 

"Tell me what?" Drew asked looking back and forth between all of us. 

"I'm Chase's mate." I announced. His jaw dropped as silence held in the thin air.

"So that's why he was getting so pissy when Hunter kept looking at you the other day." He chuckled in amusement at the memory. I noticed Ameth hold her breath.

"He was... jealous?" I asked. 

"Oh he sure was." Drew chuckled more. I moved my teeth over my bottom lip deep in thought. So he was already weak for me? That I should've known, but already bad?

Just end it now. Go after Chase. 

I shut my wolf out of my head. I can't end it. I need to know for sure. This isn't enough to drive him crazy over me. I already know he can, and I know he will. I just need more to show through.

"He'll find out before I even get the chance to tell him." Drew's voice brought me back out of my daze. I nodded slow, still recalling my thoughts. 

"We should get you to bed. You don't want to be sleeping when you're supposed to be testing tomorrow." Ameth announced standing and walking over to me. I looked up at her confused. She just gave me the 'don't question just go with it' look. I took her hand to help me up and followed her up the stairs. 

"I'll be back down in a minute." Ameth told Mandy. 

Once my room door was shut I turned to face Ameth. 

"What was that for? I'm not tired!" I defended crossing my arms. 

"I could see the hurt in your eyes. Mandy couldn't see it since her mate is distracting her and Drew is a boy so he doesn't know, but I saw it. I know you need to break down." Ameth explained. I took a deep breath and huffed.

"I'm fine." I said. She narrowed her eyes at me and have me a look.

"Really, I can handle this." I continued. She smiled and hugged me. 

"I knew you were strong. We'll make a show for him tomorrow with your new bf, Palmer. He's a good choice to make someone jealous by the way." She smiled and walked backwards to the door.

"Wanna come back down? We can just say period excuse or something." She asked. I shook my head. 

"I should actually get some sleep. Big day tomorrow." I smirked and winked at her. She nodded and returned the smirk. 

"Gotcha. See 'ya in the morning." She closed the door and I plopped on my bed. 

Why did these feelings make me want to kill somebody? 

•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 860 66
Ryan King is an Alpha desperately trying to hold his pack together. Between the blood thirsty enemy packs wanting to take what's his, a council that...
12.3K 673 49
**COMPLETED** ***CURRENTLY EDITING*** "Oh babe, the more you start to dig up about me, the more you'll discover I'm not who you may think I am," he w...
651 5 21
Everyone talks about how precious is the mate bond, how it is the most important thing in the life of a werewolf, and how it should lead us, shape...
202K 1.3K 7
SIX-PACK SERIES BOOK THREE * While this book can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading book one (Alpha Gray) and book two (Alpha Theo)...