The Billionaires Revenge. [Ne...

By KoraRae

RATED PG- For language. Elizabeth Lawson is the heiress of a billion dollar corporation. She cares deeply for... More

Prologue - 1
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Letter To Axel Halbridge.
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter 18
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Epilogue
AN: Announcement.

Chapter Five

43K 1.3K 90
By KoraRae

A week of silence.

Axel hadn't bothered me once after the phone call and it stressed me out more than his presence. It wasn't that I wanted him around, no, because he had a way of stopping my thoughts. It was like trying to survive Athena's charm times one thousand. I wanted to be ready, I couldn't relax, always thinking my phone would ring, thinking he'd randomly show up where I was. I wasn't sure if I liked his silence, did that mean I pissed him off? Did it mean he was going to post the photo? I wasn't sure, I had no answers and I wasn't going to chase him, I wasn't going to show him it bothered me. He had the power, we both knew it, but I wasn't going to acknowledge this lack of control, I hated it.

My father was released from hospital in that week and Athena was having so much fun with her Nonna and Papa. Alice stuck around but pretty much got to relax in my parents mansion. I was glad she had a break, Alice was my saviour, she was Athena's second parent and I couldn't have raised her without Alice. That woman moved around with us and her life revolved around my daughter. I would often feel guilty though. I didn't want her give up the best years of her life looking after a child that wasn't hers, but every time I brought the subject up we'd argue. The type of argument where our friendship would be threatened. I had fired her more times than I could count hoping she'd go out and live. She wouldn't move out, she would ignore my un-hiring her and continue.

The last time we had that argument I had finally given in,

"You shouldn't be looking after a baby! She's not your daughter! You have a life that you need to live too Al!"

She shook her head and slammed a fist into a wall. I jumped, unacquainted with her anger. "Goddammit Ellie! Don't make me say this!"

I rolled my eyes, "Say what? You deserve a life outside of Athena and I!"

"You two are all I have left!" I froze and looked at her. "I went to the doctor a few years ago after my parents died and I was told that I'd never have children and the man I was with left me."

I took in a deep breath, and watched her eyes cry. I don't know what came over me but I hugged her. That was the moment she became a closer friend, not because of her story or pity. She became a closer friend because of her dedication and loyalty, I had realised at that moment that she stayed with us because she felt like we were family. I included her in girls nights with Tara and Hamilton, that's when we became our little family.

I was glad Alice got a break. She didn't seem keen on getting out of the house, but I didn't push it. She was happy with us, she didn't want anything more, but somehow I wanted more for her. I had heard her whimsical talks about wanting to be a lawyer. I paid her enough so she could probably go to college with it, I smiled at myself and decided, I was going to push her to do more. I had found courses that allowed part-time study so she could still look after Athena. I know that she wanted this, but would feel guilty about leaving her. They had night classes, she could go to those and I'd be home by the time she would need to leave for school. We could work around this and both be satisfied.

I hadn't seen much of Tara outside of work, she had been grooming Cindy for the position I was in, helping her find her feet and when she wasn't helping Cindy she was working with Pete. My father's PA, I had asked him if he wanted the position saying that I could have two assistants but he didn't want that. He offered to step down and teach Tara her new roll, glad to be free of the extra responsibilities. I didn't want a loyal worker like Pete to leave and asked him if he could stand by Cindy's side and guide her. He said he'd be honoured.

I had met with the reporters and told them that I was the new CEO and that was news worthy enough for them. They snapped some photos and now my photo is out in public again. I sighed heavily in my chair and put my head on my desk. Athena was safe, but I couldn't help fearing that something bad was going to happen. I couldn't decide if it was intuition or an over-active mind, either way, there was a foreboding feeling of something horrible to come.

My office was in dire need of being cleaned. Allan Scott knocked on my door and walked in without my saying anything, I could have been busy but he stormed in like he owned the place. His posture was aggressive and his eyes narrowed in my direction. He stood tall and straightened his spine looking intimidating, and if I were a normal woman I would be, but I am the daughter of Lachlan Lawson, heiress to Lawson Inc. I am no normal woman and I would not be intimidated by a bully like him. He had been trying to make my life hell, but now I was his boss and I'm sure it didn't sit well with him.

"Cindy Lawson." He sneered.

I leaned back in my chair and folded one leg over the other and raised an eyebrow at him, "My cousin, yes."

He glared at me. "Why was I not consulted about her becoming general manager? She has no skill, how could she contain the information to have so much power in this company! That vapid head couldn't even retain water! Why did you hire a bimbo like her!"

I stood up from my seat and opened my mouth to speak but somebody had beat me to it.

"That's not how you should speak to your boss Mr. Scott." His voice was laced with a malice he'd never used on me. Allan spun in his heel with a glare but was shocked to see Axel Halbridge, the man who had been tiring my mind. He wore a charcoal suit, perfectly tailored to his body and hugging him in a seductive way that made me want to drool. I tore my eyes away from his amused gaze and turned to Allan.

"Mr. Halbridge, I do not need you to speak for me." I ground out. Annoyed that he looked absolutely luscious leaning against my doorway and catching my admiring of him. He nodded and Allan turned around and looked at me. My height was such a disadvantage when it came to intimidation but I didn't let it deter me.

"Allan." I said calmly, "It would do you well to remember that you are not entirely in control of who is hired. I would like to remind you that she is my cousin and if you dare spit another unsavoury word about my family you will be out of this job before you can say sorry." His eyes widened slight, my father had never allowed me to talk against him, but now I was in control. I took a deep breath and smiled at him, it was dangerous and dared him to protest. "If you would like to continue to question my leadership in this company I would advise you to take it up with the board and we can all address it. Until then I would like to work in peace."

He stood there shocked as I sat in my chair and looked down at my report I hadn't started yet. He still hadn't moved and I impatiently looked up at him a day sighed.

"You can leave now." I stated.

Allan fixed his already perfect suit, dusting for things that weren't there and stormed out. I huffed at his dramatics and shook my head momentarily forgetting about my other guest until I heard the door close and felt his presence right beside me.

I shivered unintentionally and looked up at him, "Can I help you Mr. Halbridge." I ignored my bodily reaction to him and focused my attention on my computer. I felt his breath on my neck and bit my lip to hold back the contented sigh that wanted to be freed. I swallowed hard as he whispered into my ear,

"I prefer you to call me Axel."

I closed my eyes pushing the memories of my orgasms and screaming his name, it was why I avoided saying it, but how could I refuse him when he acts like this?

"Say my name Ellie," his husky voice made me shiver, "Say it." He growled possessively.

"Axel." I said softly, it was almost a moan.

I needed to snap out of this, I needed to get away from him, so I stood up and made distance between us. I stood on the other side of the desk as he smirked knowingly at me.

"What do you want Axel? " I questioned irritated.

He rounded the table and stalked toward me, I hugged my arms around my body but he wasn't deterred. He clumped his hands on my hips and pulled me close to him, he buried his head in the crook of my neck and growled,

" You looked sexy putting Mr. Scott in his place."

He pushed his excitement against me to show just how sexy he thought it was. I tried to ignore the hormones and dug my fingers into my elbows. He nipped my neck and I moaned. I was losing control again and pushed him away.

"Mr. Halbridge." I glowered.

He sighed and created distance between us, the cold feeling with his distance sunk into my skin and I hated it. He looked at me with a smirk,

"You're going to a party with me tonight."

My jaw dropped. We spent all of 5 minutes together and I was having trouble from jumping him. I wondered if I did it now and got it out of my system, it wouldn't effect me? I knew that wasn't going to happen. I was addicted to the way his body made me feel and despite his atrocious behaviour I knew once would never be enough. I shook my head.

"I-I can't, I have family dinner plans." I lied, I cursed myself for stuttering but it didn't seem to matter, I could tell already that he wasn't going to accept my lie, but he smirked.

"A perfect time to announce our dating." He said playfully.

"NO!" I said abruptly. He laughed at me humourlessly and I sighed. "Fine, I'll go with you" I conceded. I didn't like the idea of him strolling casually into my office and sweeping me away to a party. Our family never went to parties, we always sent representatives. I'd never felt the desire to go and no one really knew me. I mean, since the articles went out about me I guess they all thought they knew me now. I chewed my lip nervously,

"I've never been to one before." I could feel heat flowing to my face. Axel gave me a small smile and took my arm placing it in the crook of his elbow,

"Then allow me to introduce you to the other side of CEO life."

I nodded and pulled my hand away from him, I went to my desk and made a call to Alice but it went to voicemail.

"Hey babes, I'm going to be late home tonight, let mum and everyone else know that I won't be there. Call me if you need anything."

I ended the call as Axel took my phone, he looked at who I was talking to and frowned. His angry expression twisted into a look of amusement, "I didn't know you swing both ways Elizabeth." I tilted my head and laughed when I realized what he had assumed, but he continued, "I guess I didn't say no girlfriends in the rules though."

I rolled my eyes and took my phone from him." She's not my girlfriend, just my ba-best friend, we're roommates."

He narrowed his eyes at me, "My men didn't tell me that."

I shook my head and closed my folders and locked my screen. I turned to him and smirked placing my hands on my hips, "So you are having me followed." At his alarmed expression I waved my hand, "The place we moved to isn't really where we're living. We enjoy our privacy."

I continued packing my things away, making sure files were placed in order and then locked away. I turned to Axel who seemed deep in thought, I waved my hand in front of face and he caught my wrist, "Where do you live?" He stated, like the thought of him not knowing was distressing. I frowned at him and tried to pull my arm away but he didn't let go. My frown deepened and I looked angrily at my wrist. "With my parents at the moment." I said cryptically.

He let go of me and I made my way across the room to my door. I stood there looking at him, "If it's tonight I need a dress and a hairstyle." He snapped out of his thoughts and walked out of my office and I closed it. I walked to Tara and gave her a weak smile, "I don't have any important meetings today right?" Tara looked up at me and shook her head, she looked at Axel then back at me with unasked questions. I shook my head, "Well I'm going to step out for the rest of the day, Mr. Halbridge has insisted I attend an event with him tonight."

I walked next to Axel and dialled Hamilton's number, he answered after the second ring.

"Sweet Jesus Ellie bear save me from these talentless teens! Seriously, these kids walk into my salon thinking they're hot shit cause their daddy paid for their education and then threaten to sue me when they're fired for dying a clients hair orange! How in the world do you think that copper is a blonde color!? I had to bleach poor Poppy Jane's hair and then give her a free conditioning care and rehydration. What a nightmare! "

I laughed a little. Axel and I were in the car and heading to a dress store and he looked irritated, I rolled my eyes at him.

"Mills... Hamilton!" He stopped blabbing aimlessly and finally shut up, "Clear a space for me. Axel and I are..." I put my hand over the receiver and looked at him, "What kind of event is it?" His irritated gaze landed on me and he glared at my phone, "Charity event." I repeated what Axel had said and Hamilton started to excitedly ramble again.

"Miilllls," I groaned, "I'll come in wearing my dress so you can do the hair style to match the outfit. Until then." I hung up on him quickly and shook my head.

"He talks more than..." I trailed off and looked at Axel, "You're annoyed." I stated. He had his arms folded and he was pouting. Actually pouting! I know where Athena's pout comes from now! The pout that's so hard to refuse, I turned my head away and closed my eyes, resisting the charm.

"You talk to and treat everyone else so much better than me."

I spun around and looked at him, he seemed serious, but how was that possible. I think I'm getting whiplash from his rapid mood swings. "Well, if you consider the fact that your presence in my life, currently, is to cause my ruin, make me fail, destroy my family and business, I'm sure you can understand. Let's not forget the fact that your sister took a photo of you and I naked in bed together so you could use it to 'date me'." I looked out the window and sighed, "And you gave such a great first impression, how unfortunate." My comment was a little whimsical and sarcastic.

We arrived at Versace and I turned to Axel as he slipped out of the door and opened mine for me. I stepped out in and took his hand, my suit, it wasn't extremely high scale, it was my comfort suit. I wasn't expecting to go out or have people see me, so I subconsciously tugged at my skirt. He escorted me into the store and a lady dressed up perfectly approached us,

"Y-you're Axel Halbridge?" She said happily, she came closer to him and gave him suggestive looks. I couldn't help but feel disgusted, I tried to pull away from his hold but he wouldn't let me. He turned to look at me and smirked,

"Dear, are you getting jealous?"

I wanted to grab the sharpest thing, which was a diamond covered stiletto, and stab him. He gave me a warning look and I remembered that he wanted people to think we were dating. I dug my nails into his arm and he smiled wider, the woman turned and scowled at me. I gave them a smile, a fake one and then shook my head,

"Of course not babe, I know you have taste and she has class." I grabbed his hand and kissed it lightly, "I still don't know why I forgive you everytime you cheat on me."

They were both stunned into silence and the doors opened wide as Hamilton burst through. I folded my arms and raised an eyebrow at him. He walked toward me with purpose and stood in front of me, he picked at my hair and glared and me.

"Ell... " I shook my head at him,

" Hamilton. Dress shopping, how did you know where I was."

He waved his hand dismissively "I track your phone." He said it like it wasn't a big deal. I rolled my eyes and folded my arms across my chest. Hamilton turned his attention to the scowling woman, who was looking between us with confusion.

"Who are you?" Hamilton said rudely. The woman looked at him with disdain and opened her mouth to speak but was cut off by Hamilton who put his finger up at her,

"It doesn't matter, you don't matter. Go get Amberley for me." She looked stunned for a moment and opened her mouth to speak. He shook his head and pulled out his phone and dialled a number,

"Amberley!" He cooed, "I know darling, I'm doing well... Oh I'm in the store, be a dear and make an appearance." He hung up the phone and looked at the girl who stood in shock. He pulled out a versace VIP card and flashed her a dangerous smile. Amberley sauntered out, she had deep red hair and beauty radiating off her. She looked at Axel who was standing next to me and then Hamilton who was glaring at the other woman who looked down right terrified. If I was being honest Amberley looked familiar and I couldn't place her face.

She smiled at Hamilton and kissed her cheek, he gestured to me and smirked, "This is my best friend and the trouble maker I tell you about, Ellie."

I smiled and shook my head greeting her with a kiss to the cheek and then turned to Axel, "This is Axel Halbridge my-"

"Boyfriend, I'm her boyfriend," He interrupted placing a possessive hand around my waist. I rolled my eyes at him and gently slapped his chest,

"Axel!" I scolded, he smiled at me, and one could assume it was a loving look, but I knew he was a good actor. He forcefully kissed my temple and smiled,

"I'm proud that you're mine." He replied.

Hamilton gave me the questioning look and I smiled sheepishly at him, 'later' I mouthed. Amberley looked at me and gasped.

"Elizabeth Lawson!" I smiled and nodded. "My Goodness! It's been years! I was there when your cousin had her coming out party thing, you know the debutante thing."

I laughed and nodded, "The Cotillion ball?" She nodded enthusiastically, I giggled, that was the day that Cindy had a wardrobe malfunction and it was terrible, "You're the woman who came with the replacement dress!"

Amerberly nodded with a smirk, "And you spiked the debutantes punch that caused the malfunction."

I put my hand over my mouth and stifled my laugh, "Allegedly, there was no evidence," I said quickly. She laughed and raised a perfectly sculpted eyebrow, "I saw you."

Axel cleared his throat and I turned to him and gave him a guilty smile. Amberley nodded and then turned to look at the other girl, "So, not trying to be rude, but what can I do that Hazel couldn't do."

Hamilton cocked a brow and glared at her, "Miss-" He looked at the girl who was looking at the ground, "Steel"

He nodded, "Miss Steel here, seemed to glare up a storm at both myself and Ms. Lawson as soon as she looked past flirting with a taken man."

Hazel huffed and folded her arms, "She looks like a gold digger hanging off his arm." She said smugly and I choked on my own air, then I laughed.

Everyone looked at Hazel like she had two heads and I laughed harder. Once I got a hold of my mirth I looked at the silent girl. "Hazel..." I said in a calm voice. Hamilton flinched, this was the tone I used when I was barely holding onto my anger, I felt my hands shaking slightly. Voice sounding like honey but dripping with venom,

"I am the CEO of Lawson Inc." I took a step closer to her but Axel wrapped his arms around my waist again and pulled my back into his chest. I tried to pull away but he held me closer, I really hated when he did this. He placed a kiss on my cheek and I felt my anger slowly disperse.

"Miss Steel." Axel said calmly, his chest vibrated on my back and I hated that I relaxed in his hold, I knew he wasn't going to let me win this fight, I almost pouted when I folded my arms across my chest.

"I'd appreciate it if you did not insult my girl, and to also get your facts straight before you start shooting off false and unnecessary words... My Lizzie doesn't appreciate it."

I pushed an elbow into his stomach and his placid face twitched a little. Amberley, however, was shaking with rage.

"Hazel, you're fired. You do not treat customers like that."

Her jaw dropped and despite my dislike for the girl I smiled, "Amberley, give the girl one more shot-" I looked at her "-but let this be a lesson girl to hold your tongue." She nodded meekly at me and scurried away.

Amberley let out a frustrated sigh and turned to me, opening her mouth to apologise but I shrugged it off. "No harm done,"

Hamilton had already walked off and returned with a black evening dress, he pried Axel away from me and shoved me into the dressing room. I gasped at the perfect fit and Hamilton walked in the changing room. The dress was a one-shoulder column dress with a thigh-high slit bordered with Swarovski rhinestones. He came up to me and glared,

"What is all that about!" He hissed lowly pointing out to where I assume Axel was standing, I sighed,

"The picture," I whispered back, "This is his bright idea of what to do with it."

Hamilton let out a low growl, "He's trying to make you fall in love with him to hurt you!"

I opened my mouth to speak as Hamilton spun me around to start playing with my hair, he pulled it out of the unattractive bun as the door opened and Axel stood there with a disapproving glare.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 305 34
Matilda Huston is a 25 years old woman with a painful past, living alone and escaping from her abusive past. She moved to Canada a few months back an...
5.8K 126 16
Rebecca Black, a twenty one year old, beautiful and talented student. Sassy and hardheaded. She can stand up to you if you are wrong no matter how po...
1K 95 26
Believing she was the cause of her mother's death and her father's problem Arabella has no other choice then to marry a billionaire son to help her f...
3.7M 18K 11
Meet Christina A. Cruz. Single. Simple. Incredibly Beautiful. She's the girl who possesses refined manners and right conduct_ well- disciplined, k...