Dont fall in love with me

By MeesterDenzo

He is every woman's dream guy Charles Darwin,a gentleman, malumay magsalita.. mga matang nangungusap.. na par... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 3

14 0 0
By MeesterDenzo

•••

tiffany walked charles out on the door of their room. anthony was already in the other room.

"thank you",

"such a risky move you've done there", charles said.

"i know, glad you're there. i cant thank you enough",

"never expected that from you though, i mean, drinking with strangers",

"just us enjoying life. you should try it too", tiffany laugh.

"you should laugh often, that makes you more beautiful",

she looked at him with amuaement. is he trying to hit on her?

"why dont you tell it to yourself? i never see you smile", she whispered.

"make me smile then",

"huh?",she gasped. she felt a bit awkward with how near charles is to her now. she can smell the liquor in his breathe.

"im just kidding, i'll go ahead. its too late in the evening now," he glanced at his watch. almost midnight.

"goodnight." she said closing the door behind charles as he step out of the door. she leaned on the door when she completely closed it. she cant explain the uneasiness she feels around charles. she doesnt like it. she can never allow herself fall for someone again. not now, she's still not ready to commit.

she walked towards her bed. sat on it and took her wallet from her bag. pulled out a picture of a guy. miguel. her long time boyfriend she lost in a car accident 2 years ago. she'll never get over him. she pressed the picture in her lips and planted a soft kiss on it.

"why left me so sudden, i thought i've found the guy who'll let me escape with the trap im at for the longest time. you said, things happened for a reason, you said that dad left us because of many possible reason we can never decipher on our own. and all we need to do is understand that, accept the fact that it happened and be strong enough instead of hiding from it. " she said. as if miguel is just beside her listening. she cant help herself, tears started falling down her cheeks. and fell down and sob. a silent sob but heart breaking.

•••

looking at the ceiling of their room. charles is unable to fall asleep. he was thinking of donna. the girl she thought she'd marry. a girl that he dreamed of bringing to the altar. what happened to then? maybe it was his falt after all. he got so occupied with lot of things he needs to do. specially since he need to focus on his masters. on the same day that he's about to propose to her, she admitted that she falls out of love of him and fell in love with his cousin. his world shattered. felt like all the thing he've worked hard with was wasted. amd worse of all? he just found out that life will be the same again for him. a secret he never mentioned anyone, even to his mom. the reason why he needs to fly back to the US.

"hows eunice?",

he jerked. he never thought that anthony's still awake.

"she's fine. tiffany took some blood sample for toxology. those bastards needs to learn their lesson",

"young lives wasted just because of selfishness and sexual desire",

"that's a matter of choice, they've choosen to do illegal things then they deserve a due process", charles said.

he looked at his friend. he was on his side so he can only see his back. anthony is so lucky to be married to a wonderful young lady, his cousin on his father's side. his father died at a young age of 29, he was only 3 years old back then. so his mom took care of him all by herself. she never marries after. she has past relationship though but it never ended long enough that he can even remember, until she just accepted the fact the she will never marry at all. she focused her energy and time to his only son, him.

it was beneficial to him because he never had to deal with her mothers boyfriend after. but, now he realized how unhappy his mother is. she would always end up talking about how great his father was, how lucky she was to have known and married a man she was dreaming of, a man who gave her a son she loved the most.

" angela called, told her everything and she's so worried about you, told her not to tell tita till we comeback", anthony said after a while

"you should not be worrying her bro, how was her pregnancy?",

"the baby is healthy, she just had her check up earlier", almost a whisper, glad there's no other noise in the room that would hinder charles from hearing what he said.

"great! ", he said and he stand up to go to the restroom. he need to take a bath.

•••

he was awaken by knocks on his door. half asleep, he walked towards the door and opened it. he saw eunice with 2 cups of coffee on a tray, on the side of it are 2 plates of ham and egg.

"good morning, i just thought that you need a breakfast? to say thank you aswell about last night. tiffany told me everything when i woke up earlier. safe and sound",

"no need to do this but thank you too", he said while trying to get the pray from her. he gave her a smile.

"sorry, i must have woken you up", eunice said again, blushing.

charles just remembered that he's only on his boxer. and his manhood is diretly pointing out to eunice. he saw how she felt embarrassed of their current situation.

"got to go, by the way, tiffany and i are planning to go surfing in an hour, just letting you know if in case you would like to join, heard downstairs that the waves are perfect for that today", she said while starting to distant herself from charles.

charles just nodded and smiled at her. all he wants is to shut the door and change into something presentable.

•••

He was busy checking out for surf board he'd like to use. In his black swimming trunks. No one would not notice the bulge he has in it. But the hell, who would care. He regularly goes to gym so expect that he has a body to die for, perfect v shape from shoulder to waist plus a Greek God-like face. Then he suddenly felt a commotion outside. He took a peak and saw 2 girls coming. Both are stunning with their black two piece swimsuit. But he was more interested in the one wearing it like a pro. She sways like walking in a runway. Hair was in pony tail. No make up at all but her face is so red, possibly because of the sun almost on its might. Tiffany-you never failed to amaze me-thought of Charles. He felt jealous, most guys are all eyes on both girls.

"Hey Charles! Glad your here," Eunice greeted.

"Yeah, I think your idea is perfect. Anthony's already surfing", he said, looking at his friend on a board surfing, the one in blue swimming trunks.

Both girls looked at the direction his eyes directed. Eunice even covered her eyes to have a better look of anthony.

"Wow! Never knew that he's good", she commented.

Charles walks towards the blue soft short board then checked it. He then looked at Tiffany where he caught her looking at him. He saw how she blushed when he met her eyes.

"This will be better for you if you're still practicing," he said to Tiffany.

"Thank you Charles, but I'd rather stay in the shore and watch you than try it", she smiled.

"Oh c'mon Tiffany, you said earlier that you'l try", Eunice looked so disappointed.

"Later, I'll just cheer on you", she answered, "I'll take as many pictures as I can, you like that right?",

Pretending to be still disappointed, Eunice just walk next to Charles.

"I'll take it instead Charles", she said to Charles who's still holding the board.

"Sure, but If you changes your mind Tiffany, just let me know. I'll teach you the basics", Charles offered but didn't even have Tiffany a single look. He took the board and accompany Eunice to the shore. He looked back at Tiffany and saw her talking pictures of her friends again.

Tiffany walked through the other side of the stall where she saw a chair where she can relax. She took her camera out and started to get some pictures of Eunice and Charles while the latter is giving her friend some briefing and instructions. She saw how Charles looked at her way every once in a while. She's been able to capture Charles looking at her directly. He is so handsome, no doubt. She then saw Eunice laid down to the surf and practicing how to paddle. She jerked when someone spoke from her side, she looked at her side and saw anthony with a lemon shake on his hand.

"Why not try?",

"Huh?",

"I mean surfing, you'll enjoy it for sure, the water itself is so calming and warm", anthony said looking at Eunice and Charles heading to the sea to start surfing.

"How long have you been friends with Charles?", she asked,

"Since high school? I was two years senior of him but we've got to know each other through a choir in our school", he explained. "He was actually the center of attraction back then, and I guess till now, got a good looks, humble, a boy-next-door type of guy, never been involved in any conflict, soft spoken as he is known, I even thought that he was gay before",

"Really?",

"Yes! Because he never mentioned anything about girls, or anyone that he likes in the school",

"Just because of that?",

"Well you can't blame me, young guys are sometimes shallow",

"I know",

"So what about you Tiffany, I know I'm not in any position to ask this, but I am wondering, are you currently dating anyone right now?",

"That was funny actually, you never said that it would felt like I was on a TV program sitting as one of your guest",

"If I have not met why wife?, I could have become one, but more on the news part of a TV station, a reporter maybe",

"I see, and to answer your question Mr. Reporter? No, I am not dating anyone at the moment and I don't have any plans of doing so yet",

"Honestly? Well I don't wanna dig into details, let's just leave it there", anthony said. He looked at charles helping out eunice get back to the board. How unfortunate to have known both people who would choose to be alone instead of having someone they can be with. Someone they can fall in love with.

•••

"whooaaahh!",tiffany shouted when she was able to stand on the board. but it was just quick because she felt herself flying off of it. a flash of water when her body plunged into it. she emmediately breath herself out of the water.

"that was great! you're doing great", said charles as he rushed himself to help tiffany. unaware of another surfing board coming his way too.

it almost hit charles, and tiffany saw it. but the guy was able to see it last minute and hold its tip before he circled over it. bravo! she thought, she gasped and her world almost stopped. he caught her staring at him when he looked her way after being able to avoid a surfing accident. she gasped when he reaches her and touches her face.

"you're doing great. lets try again", he said looking at her directly.

she felt how those eyes are able to stare at her without a single blink. she composed herself and gave him a smile, "sure! i really wanted to learb this, thank you",

"always, at your service ma'am",

"good!", why she never gets a single smile from him? she wondered. she need to do perfect this time, maybe that will please him. but hey? why do i need to please him? -she said to herself.

they were on that position for a while, tiffany on the board waiting for the perfect wave. from her side she can see charles anticipating, she have him a glimpse and saw how his hair blocked his eyes. he shoved it away. now she can completely see the beauty that his face has. tiny bits of waters all over his face. so handsome, she then heard him say 'ready' then she felt her board forwarding. she took a deep breathe and started to paddle.

" you're doing good!", he said seing how tiffany are able to contineously stand on the board.

fast learner he thought. what would you expect with a young woman who's keen into learning new stuff. he studied her physique, nice built, not too skinny, not too muscular. sexy. her skin are now turning reddish. she looked his way and saw hin staring at her. he saw how she easily shifted from a grimmace into a confused smile.

"one morr?", she asked, holding the board and trying to fight the wave to get to charles.

"sure, we'll not stop until you say so, did you put on some sunblock? you're turning red now", concerned about how tiffany's skin are turning burning red this time.

"yeah i did, dont worry, it wont turn into a suburn, im always like this when in water under a sun, and it will be fine later", looking at her skin. she gave charles an assurance smile.

"superhero?, mystique i guess, surfing mystique", he joked trying to smile but unable to do so.

" i guess, and you? hercules", she said teasing him. she aboard the board and waited for the perfect wave.

"what made you say that?", confused. he asked.

"there it is, im reaaaadddyyy!!!", she shouted upon seing the wave coming her way. she started paddling leaving charles behind.

•••

"perfect place to be. blue water, perfect waves, people's choice for simple living", he said when tiffany asked him why baler.

they're both sitting on the sand. board on charles side. he stretched out his lower extremities to relax. it's been a tiring day but it makes his heart complete. looking at the beauty beside him, this is then the best moment of being in baler, quezon! he thought. she was sitting next to him, holding her knees and trying to massage it. she was staring at the sea, sun is setting, but people are still enjoying swimming and surfing.

"i know exactly what you mean, this is the place to be for people like us. people who would like to escape the heavy traffic of the metro, stressful working hours, and personal struggles",

"why?",

"what do you mean why?", raising her brows, she gave charles a quick look.

"why do you want to eacape the metro",

"i've said already, the traffic..",

"well, you are generalizing, i mean, you exactly?",

"that's none of your business", she said.

"oh whoah? are you mad?", he asked, giving her a concerned look.

"im not, i just dont like sharing personal info to strangers", she explained.

"wow, so i am still a stranger to you then", he said. he stand up. went in front of her and introduced himself.
"i am charles darwin mendoza y cruz, an education graduate, single, not looking, not wanting commitment, so dont fall in love with me miss!",

"wow! feeling lang?", she said. but she got hit by what he just said. 'not ready to commit'. "who told you that i will fall in love with you? assuming!",

she stand up and started walking.but he holds her hands. she stopped and looked behind her.

"what?",

"im not assuming, that's just how i feel",

"you feel like im falling in love with you",

"i dont see you as someone who easily falls in love", he let go of her friends. they both looked at her hand. the part of where charles held shows a mark of red print on it. "sorry, i just wanted to get to know you, be friends with you, and enjoy this moment together with you",

"sure, we can be friends", she raised her right hand to charles, which the latter took and they'd shake hands. "tiffany rose antonio y marquez, a doctor. not looking,not wanting to commit,so please, don't fall in love with me",

thats the last shot and charles started laughing. he let go of her hands and put his hands on his waist and kept on laughing. tiffany started laughing too. unaware about people who started to check and look thier way. unable to contain it, almost out of breath because of contineous laughing.

"now i see you smiling", she said.

"i am not smiling, i am laughing", he corrected.

"whichever is which, i still saw something new from you",

"then its party time!", he teased.

"later? on you?",

"sure!",

"ill bring eunice with me",

"of course, ill bring anthony",

"deal!",

"deal",

tiffany started to walk again towards the stall nearby to get her towel. eunice brought her one when it went to their room to change. she stayed on the water all day, luckily, around lunch time, the sun was covered by cloud because of an approaching rain. around, 4pm, it rained for a while before the blue sky came out again, and sun is no longer at its peak.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

395 31 19
Beauty. That's the standard you grew up with. Lahat ng nakikita mo sa social media only talks about beauty that you ended up believing that's all the...
43.8K 1.4K 21
He loves you. You never knew. He is always with you but you are so fool that you never know what is happening with him. When he knew about his brothe...
4.6K 388 20
"If only I hadn't fall in love..........." An unreported medical error caused Jeff's mother's sudden death....... 12 years later, the time for vegean...
3.7K 248 10
I was just doing my daily routine... eating, sleeping, and sing-- just kidding. What I meant is, stalking Junkai. Yes. I'm an avid fangirl of Junkai...